Not sure if a topic like this was already made (Sorry if it was), but I wanted to know if Killing bots offline count towards the trophy "Kill 1313 Counselers".

5 minutes ago, JOKESTER said:

And how about playing as jason "500/1000 times on multiplayer"?

No.

• Thanks 1

It works (offline mode) for every Jason trophy but the 500/1000 matches as it states “multiplayer match” in its description. I’m on Xbox One and I believe PhD is suppose to but it’s glitched. Many PS4 and Steam people are confirming it unlocks with offline bots but on Xbox One it is constantly giving you credit towards the achievement and then resetting back when you start a new match.

I also have a question about offline bots, I'll just ask it here instead of starting a new thread. Has anyone seen a bot hide in a tent yet?

1 hour ago, Hell Toupee said:

I also have a question about offline bots, I'll just ask it here instead of starting a new thread. Has anyone seen a bot hide in a tent yet?

Nope. Not once. Also have never seen them hide in an out house.

• Thanks 1

I've seen them hide in plain sight but never a tent. Sometimes they stand real still because they think my sight is based on movement like the T-Rex. That's when I attack not from the front, but from the sides. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Nope. Not once. Also have never seen them hide in an out house.

They normally don't seem to venture that far from cabins. Though I did see Tommy slip into an outhouse once when I was chasing him. Never a tent yet.

11 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I've seen them hide in plain sight but never a tent. Sometimes they stand real still because they think my sight is based on movement like the T-Rex. That's when I attack not from the front, but from the sides. 

They seem to think I can't see them through the hole in the door I'm breaking down. So many failed closet hides and bed slips because I watched them hide while coming through a door.

• Like 1

And offline also counts towards, PHD/Murder achievement, correct? I think IT does I just wanted to check.

I'm sure they're still fine tuning the bots.  I'd like to see them do little things like turn on the radio or place traps at the door.  I've never seen a bot do any of those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rara avis said:

I've chased Lachappa and he ran and hid in a tent.

Hmmm, maybe I'll keep an eye on him and see if he does it. I think I've noticed that counselors seem to have specific behaviors they stick to. For example, Shelley seems to have a pocket knife EVERY time I grab him for the first time, and Fox seems to always find one of the better weapons and comes at me looking for a fight.

6 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Hmmm, maybe I'll keep an eye on him and see if he does it. I think I've noticed that counselors seem to have specific behaviors they stick to. For example, Shelley seems to have a pocket knife EVERY time I grab him for the first time, and Fox seems to always find one of the better weapons and comes at me looking for a fight.

Some counselors auto-heal after knifing out of a grab without using a spray. They will be limping when you grab them, but running when you pull the knife out of your neck. You never hear the spray used. Was killing Buggzy today and his voice lines were switched with AJ or Jenny.

1 hour ago, Deeify said:

I'm sure they're still fine tuning the bots.

Fine tuning is all they need. 

They avoid shift grabbing and shift slashing better than most people. I thought they were better than just new players but I finally went up against a couple of good lobbies last night and they too were easier to catch than the bots. It wasn't easier to stop them from escaping though.You can't psych a bot out. They don't seem to respond to Stalk. They will try to escape though. And they do tend to be aggressive on objectives from time to time.

They need to:

Stop them from swimming in circles. 

Stop them from hiding so much and doing it right in front of you.

Stop them from running right into you. They will whiff bait you though, by running towards you and turning around at the last second. I don't wanna lose that.

Stop them from going in a window and immediately jumping right out at your feet. They can jump out at your feet if they're already in a cabin, but that shouldn't happen too often

Have them use pocket knives on traps.

Have them tank traps only if they have a med spray, and they need to use it immediately after the tanking. Maybe they can randomize it a little to have them tank them without a med spray, but that should be rare.

They tend to run into dead ends too often. Have that happen much less.

And there's the obvious glitches like Tommy's draw opening OCD. 

A super hard mode would be cool, but I think fixing everything I mentioned would make a big difference for all difficulty levels.

19 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You can't psych a bot out. They don't seem to respond to Stalk.

I've successfully used stalk to get them to come out of a hiding spot. Or so it seemed.

On 12/31/2017 at 5:16 PM, JOKESTER said:

And how about playing as jason "500/1000 times on multiplayer"?

You answered your own question. It was the multiplayer aspect of the trophy.

1 hour ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

Are you sure ? it doesn't work for me...

I got kill 666 counselors achivment playing offline bots. So yes I'm very sure.

For me it got stuck a 665, and stayed stuck even in online, I had to check file integrity for it to work again online and get the "Jason goes to Hell" achievement, but since then it doesn't work anymore offline.
It seems kinda buggy.

On 12/31/2017 at 7:55 PM, Thad Kerrington said:

It works (offline mode) for every Jason trophy but the 500/1000 matches as it states “multiplayer match” in its description. I’m on Xbox One and I believe PhD is suppose to but it’s glitched. Many PS4 and Steam people are confirming it unlocks with offline bots but on Xbox One it is constantly giving you credit towards the achievement and then resetting back when you start a new match.

I have phd in murder on Xbox one. I earned it all in multiplayer though, long before offline bots. I can assure you it isn't glitched. 

Could be an issue with the game not saving correctly after finishing an offline bots game. Could be connection issues with their servers so the information doesn't get stored. More than likely, they haven't programmed it to save correctly and there is a small bug that they need to fix in the next patch. You should notify them of the issue and see if other people are having the same struggle. This will help yo see if it's something with your connection, or their programming.  

Try posting in either the bugs thread or Last patch thread. Notify either courier and possibly shifty with the @ tag.