Sign in to follow this  
TiffanyIsBae

Do not drive the car without a pocket knife

Since Christmas, there has been a bug where counselors get slingshotted back to the car door where they’re either grabbed or slashed. Not much can be done by this unless you have a knife. Hopefully we get a new patch to fix this, as this is very unfair to the driver. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I haven't seen this bug. What do you mean slingshoted?

You rubberband backwards. You'll start running from the car and suddenly you're back by the car door in Jason's grab. 

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I haven't seen this bug. What do you mean slingshoted?

You run far away, and just spawn back at the car.

An alternative is not to crash. :D

With that, pocketknives don't work if Jason slashes you. As Jason I slash people until limping.  You should cover your bases and have fireworks and a weapon. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

An alternative is not to crash. :D

With that, pocketknives don't work if Jason slashes you. As Jason I slash people until limping.  You should cover your bases and have fireworks and a weapon. 

Oh wow! Never thought about that! Thank you! That totally helps with the scenario. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Oh wow! Never thought about that! Thank you! That totally helps with the scenario. 

I can't tell if you are matching the sarcasm of my first line, or sincere about the second. 

At any rate, I was serious with the latter. I don't just grab people. I fuck em up a bit first. If you can stun Jason you can get out. So do cover your bases.

has anyone else been jason and stood behind the car and had the car push you out of the way like 6 city blocks and not stopped the car? i am super confused as to how this is a thing. unless a glitch and i got fudged.

39 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I can't tell if you are matching the sarcasm of my first line, or sincere about the second. 

At any rate, I was serious with the latter. I don't just grab people. I fuck em up a bit first. If you can stun Jason you can get out. So do cover your bases.

It’s sarcasm. Stunning him isn’t your instant reaction, it’s running away.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Well not after multiple people in our games got rubberbanded back to him and death.

I don't start the car without some precautions unless Jason is being played by a novice. Right now if Jason stops a car I'm driving, I get out and look to hit him in the face. After that I hightail it out. While most Jason's don't slash prior to a grab attempt, those that do often find themselves laid out before I'm dead. Then I spray myself off and book it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

If I have a weapon when the car is stopped, my first instinct as a counselor is to stun Jason. At the very least, drop some fireworks and get outta dodge. I main as Deb, so kiting Jason is not my strong suit with her.

23 hours ago, MrDaggert said:

has anyone else been jason and stood behind the car and had the car push you out of the way like 6 city blocks and not stopped the car? i am super confused as to how this is a thing. unless a glitch and i got fudged.

Wow, thought it was just me. And I’ve been teleported as a counselor back to the car several times. The car is beyond messed up as well but this is a bug. 

I've had now, several times, this happen. Drive the car, get stopped, I book it while Jason stands at the car slashing and I take damage until death no matter how far I get.

Yeah...this one is annoying.

lol...the kid I killed in my "Only Dicks Slash!" video acted like it was a glitch Jason can intentionally trigger. He mentions the "car glitch" as I stop him.

This has happened to me numerous times, it sucks and needs to be fixed.  One match, Jason wasn't around, but my friend wanted to drive so I got out of the car for him to get in.  He said he couldn't get into the car, because I was in the way, meanwhile I was standing on the other side of the car.  Regardless, I backed away from the car and he said I was still standing in front of the car.  I had to go to the nearest cabin and climb through the freaking window for whatever this bug was to stop.  The other times, I sprinted a good distance away from Jason after exiting the car, but suddenly I am in his grab hold.  It's not that the force grab is back, it's that there's a definite "rubberband" bug.

I have not experienced this since the patch, but on the other hand I have been grinding offline bots instead of Multiplayer...

Oh the slingshot is very real.  I've submitted bug reports about it.  I once got grabbed by a Jason that was next to the blue car while I was standing INSIDE Packanack lodge because of this bug.  It's made me a very cautious driver for sure!

Had this happen twice last night.

This is the kind of bug that's absolutely unacceptable, along with stuff like the "can only grab" glitch for Jason.

It takes a lot of effort to get the car started at times. To have the whole thing screwed over by this stupid glitch is ridiculous.

This is just ANOTHER glitch that found its way in via a patch.

So since the last patch:

- Jason no interaction bug (still present)

- This new car glitch (major)

- Trap placement / disappearing (major)

- AmmuNation store at all camp fires

But everyone shut up and be patient for the next patch...only 3 more weeks of this.