Sign in to follow this  
BeautyNumber2

Amount of Betrayals/Car Trolling Has Increased

Since the update and Christmas, the amount of betrayals/car trolling has increased EXPONENTIALLY. I’ve now been run over more times this past week than all other times combined. And at least two times before this week were truly accidental. These have all been intentional. It needs to be addressed. We all know why. Kids. Children that run over entire lobbies with the car. Someone had the nerve to run me over as the host and honestly thought I wasn’t going to close the lobby. Like I was just going to sit there and watch this kid and his friends play my game for 15 minute.

If the devs added the ability for counselors to “nudge” each other due to people blocking, then the car should simply nudge counselors out of the way in public matches. These kids can’t be trusted. 

Also, spare me any “use the search blah blah” No. I’m creating a topic for an issue that is happening right now and not at any other time before it so spare me. 

This game has been officially gifted to children both literally and figuratively. Suffer the children.

• Like 7

I’ve noticed this too.   Mostly they are Jason teamers also where Jason let’s them drive around the map to run over everyone and then escape (as if escaping matters after betraying).  

1 hour ago, NScarlato said:

I’ve noticed this too.   Mostly they are Jason teamers also where Jason let’s them drive around the map to run over everyone and then escape (as if escaping matters after betraying).  

This has happened 2 times today. Luckily Jason slashed me before dying too Vanessa. Jason let them live. Gotta love this game. 

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

holidays. i bet after them it´s back to normal again. well hope. :P

It’s mostly experienced players though. But yes, hopefully it goes away.

this is kind of why I refuse to enter any vehicle Chad is driving. Out of all counselors to troll with, it is commonly Chad (and usually with Tommy).

Happened today to other players around me (and to me once in a roundabouts kinda way) on a public lobby on PS4 (I know, surprise, surprise...)  - in that one guy was playing as Buggzy and he was mowing down others in the 2 seater - but he often waited to do so when Jason had grabbed one of us. He then plowed the car into the counselor killing them - and since it happened 4 times consecutively, no way was it an "accident". I was playing as Shelly and got mowed down in this fashion.  In a way, I'm a bit of an enabler to this - since I put the battery in the 2 seater and left the keys near the driver's door whilst running off trying to find a gas can - but I always play to try to assist counselors if possible - unless I'm near escape and Jason's on my tail.

Why the Jason bothered with this, I don't know - after all, he doesn't get the kill XP.

In the other instance, I was Jason and a bunch of Chads were running people down in the four seater. Stole 3 of my kills that way - and I finished with a measly 2 in the end (good Jason, I'm not - but if they were trying to get me to rage quit, they failed). 

First they take away team killing because whiners were upset.  So yeah.  Keep whining and I'm sure the car will just gently nudge you out of the way.  These devs love to cater to complainers so just keep complaining and you'll get what you want. 

This happened to me before the event. Two players were working together. The guy in the four seater seemed odd the way he was driving. Wanting everyone to close in I managed to get in the car but he started running everyone over. I got out after he crashed running two players over. Hid in the barn and his buddy tried to coax me out. The dude tried for five minutes to hit me. I made him crash five times lol. 

Than jason showed up and I had to deal with kid trying to push me out into the open while Jason was chasing me and other guy trying to run me over. I got snagged on a rock and Jason killed me. Jason wasn’t actually part of this believe it or not. Next match I got in the car and ran the team killer over and he quit. It was priceless! Haven’t seen many others since. 

• Like 2

This was a huge issue even before Christmas (for me anyway). I don’t trust anyone in a car anymore, unfortunately, and in my experience it’s definitely not just kids. :(

1 hour ago, johnnyfoodstamp said:

First they take away team killing because whiners were upset.  So yeah.  Keep whining and I'm sure the car will just gently nudge you out of the way.  These devs love to cater to complainers so just keep complaining and you'll get what you want. 

I agree that there is a lot of whining about things that ultimately do not matter but to me, being unhappy over team killing is not one of them.  Team killing ruins the game for Jason and the other counselors.  Killing your teammates is not the goal, intent or purpose of the game.  There are plenty of other games where it’s a free for all to kill anyone and everyone so those people should go play those games instead of deliberately ruining other people’s experiences in this one.

8 minutes ago, daughterofolaf said:

I agree that there is a lot of whining about things that ultimately do not matter but to me, being unhappy over team killing is not one of them.  Team killing ruins the game for Jason and the other counselors.  Killing your teammates is not the goal, intent or purpose of the game.  There are plenty of other games where it’s a free for all to kill anyone and everyone so those people should go play those games instead of deliberately ruining other people’s experiences in this one.

I was playing a couple of days ago, I thought the driver of the car i got in was trying to set me up for a JASON trap, But then we escaped. it seemed a bit weird though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

This has happened 2 times today. Luckily Jason slashed me before dying too Vanessa. Jason let them live. Gotta love this game. 

It’s really dumb.  The counselor gets no so for betraying and Jason loses all his kill XP.  

Last night this happened as host.  Since it’s not like I can kick them from the lobby in QP I just closed out the game right before the betrayer drove the car to escape.  

The best thing is when you get the keys for a round and find that asshole that was running everyone over and give him a taste of his own medicine...only to watch him quit after you do.

Trolls can dish it out, but most of the time can't take it.

38 minutes ago, johnnyfoodstamp said:

Hmm sounds like someone enjoys running people over.

The devs need to take their analytics and monitor the amount of betrayals a player has and either ban them or (if possible) remove their ability to enter the driver's seat.

• Like 3

I ran over the same player 2 matches in a row a while ago, and both times he'd returned as Tommy.

First time I was driving and he'd run towards the road to meet me. I stopped and he ran to my door. Jason morphed right in front of the car so naturally I hit reverse. Tommy, brilliantly, ran away behind the car and I killed him.

Second time I got in the 2 seater, passenger gets in, and Jason morphs to about 20 feet away on the passenger side and I hit the gas. Tommy comes barreling out of the cabin with a flare gun to shoot Jason and stops right in front of the car. 

I was pissed. I lost my XP 2 times in a row because if his stupidity and then had to endure this birch-fest in the lobby about how I was team killing.

Stupid.

I've also, on occasion, started up the 4 seater and taken 3 passengers and then have some sourpuss that didn't get in stand right in front of the car. I will, in that instance, run their stupid ass over without thinking twice about it. It's usually worth the laughter of my passengers that thought I'd lose that game of chicken. 

30 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The devs need to take their analytics and monitor the amount of betrayals a player has and either ban them or (if possible) remove their ability to enter the driver's seat.

Yes!!!! I've been saying that for a while now. They should monitor betrayals in this game, at least in quickplay. After so many betrayals they would be marked and have to go a set amount of time with no betrayals or risk a ban. In game and in the lobby that player would have an icon by their name (like a Mr. Yuk sticker?) They cannot pick up any repair parts, the car/boat will shut off if they enter the driver's seat, and counselors traps won't work for them either. They could only escape to the cops, or survive the 20 mins. That would be the end for that, they would still sell out other counselors to Jason and team with him. But, at least we would see the icon by their name and know what they are.

Just make it so people with high betrayals get stuck in lobbies with other people with high betrayals. Let them all kill each other and stay out of everyone else's games.

18 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Since the update and Christmas, the amount of betrayals/car trolling has increased EXPONENTIALLY. I’ve now been run over more times this past week than all other times combined. And at least two times before this week were truly accidental. These have all been intentional. It needs to be addressed. We all know why. Kids. Children that run over entire lobbies with the car. Someone had the nerve to run me over as the host and honestly thought I wasn’t going to close the lobby. Like I was just going to sit there and watch this kid and his friends play my game for 15 minute.

If the devs added the ability for counselors to “nudge” each other due to people blocking, then the car should simply nudge counselors out of the way in public matches. These kids can’t be trusted. 

Also, spare me any “use the search blah blah” No. I’m creating a topic for an issue that is happening right now and not at any other time before it so spare me. 

This game has been officially gifted to children both literally and figuratively. Suffer the children.

my solution

git gud.. repair by urself.. kill all threats

12 hours ago, johnnyfoodstamp said:

A legitimate complaint is not whining. You are, however, a legitimate cunt. Keep running people over and I’m sure you’ll bitch, moan, and cry about how developers have to change the game because of trolls like you. Also, welcome to the forum. 

• Like 2

It's also worth noting that muppets that were previously banned for team killing had their bans lifted so that would have definitely contributed to this recent trend. 

Was always going to be a clusterfuck of a judgement call to do this. 

I honestly have run so many people over with the car in this game because they just dart right in front of me out of nowhere.

On 30.12.2017 at 10:45 AM, TiffanyIsBae said:

It’s mostly experienced players though. But yes, hopefully it goes away.

kids can be experienced too. such behaviour always spikes throughout holidays, no matter what game we talk about.

17 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

and as much as i basically like the idea of monitoring the trolls somehow, i can see a lot of problems there. Like @Tiffany said there are many people trying to stop the car by just running in front of it, hoping for a seat, or just not realizing there is a car. I have also seen a lot of people just blocking the car by standing in front of it. i am not gonna take any chances and discuss with such people. i tell them once to get in the car and out of the way, they don´t react they are dead.#

i can also see a problem with the handling, wich is simply said just utter BS. it´s not easy to drive. i refused to drive a long time, and when i did i usually killed people on accident. a lot in the beginning.