razeak

Spawn kill as Jason etiquette

It's beating a dead horse and has been said already in this thread, but here are my thoughts:

- I used to show mercy for the unfortunate counselor who was unlucky enough to be in the phone house etc. I wanted to allow them points and more play time. Due to updates with knives and shotguns ,  along with string of d bag counselor interactions... those days are over.

-My rules of engagement now is to be  absolutely ruthless. If I can get an under 1 minute kill, it's one less potential teabag from a baseball bat stun later.

-Your turn as Jason is limited, take full advantage.

-I dont have data to back me up, but if i can get around 3 kills before the 5 minute mark my Jason experience becomes much easier. I sometimes take my first morph to the lodge to catch players off guard and pick off a couple early.

-Still not convinced? How many counselors would avoid calling the police in under 1 minute to be "fair" to a Jason player?

I spawned on one of the island cabins on Jarvis map.  Only thing there was gas stuck in a chair.   For some reason jason tped there right away so I just left. Not like I was going to run 5 miles to the next cabin with no items and didn’t feel like watching the game for 19:30.  

yeah, as a counselor... if you spawn next to the phone house or the 4 seat car, you have two decisions... Take the risk and loot the place hoping Jason doesn't come there right away or two, haul ass and go to another cabin. You literally have 10 seconds or less to make that decision.. depending on the Jason player.. I know a lot more Jason players are not caring about the car as much these days.. or at least in my experiences...

Theres no such thing as spawn killing..  People are just insane.

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Theres no such thing as spawn killing..  People are just pussies.

Fixed.

• Like 1

It is not a role playing game, but i take pride in the role of jason so i'am a mute, brute killingmachine with no merci. I get killed of the get go as well so... there is always the Jarvis possibility. 

He likely won't kill me.

I'm smart enough to crouch and hide as a stealth character. 

Most players keep jogging around and announcing their presence.  

So it's their fault if their playing AJ, Deborah or Jenny. Use the stealth stat you have.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:29 AM, Corkenstein said:

Most Jason's usually spawn to the phone, trap it, take down the doors and windows on the same cabin, then move to the 4 seater with traps, and then power generators on large maps.  

"How to Jason 101"

I myself will give Counselors a "2 minute" pass to complete my defensive objectives, unless they run right into me running around outside while I do these things. 

Kill them.  I've spawned in the phone house more times than I can remember, and not once have I begged for mercy.

If a player spawns near a medium or large cabin/structure and doesn't check for the phone, that's on them.

Let them play by whatever rules they want to when THEY are Jason.  Play him however you want.  Whenever someone whines when I'm Jason, I slash them to death.

When I'm Jason, I channel my inner merciless Jason and kill as soon as I can and don't use my mic. If people wanna cry and complain about dying in the first couple minutes, it's not my fault they didn't leave the area right away or properly prepare. Given the item increases, you need to kill them as fast as you can. Just like Jason would normally do.
As a counselor, at the beginning, if I spawn at/near objectives or big houses, especially if I'm AJ or Deb, I burn my stam and sprint outta there. If I'm Vanessa, I don't worry too much, as she has the speed/stam combo to outrun Jason in many situations.

To answer the post, kill kill kill as Jason. Enjoy the drink of salty tears and blood of your enemies. If you're a counselor, be aware of your strengths and weaknesses of your specific counselor, and enjoy the damn game. I, personally, love it when a counselor stops, tries to make a deal with me as I approach and don't say nothing, pick'em up and slaughter them. It's Jason, man. 

On 12/31/2017 at 10:14 PM, razeak said:

Xbox.

I figured as much.  I am on Xbox as well, and play Private Matches.  I made a similar thread a while back, and just like the responses you are getting here- they did not add up to my experiences online.  I am starting to think this no spawn killing crap is mainly an Xbox Private Match thing.  I agree with everyone here that is a stupid unwritten rule. 

Jason isn't given all of his abilities at once for a reason.  Counselors have ample opportunity to escape you at initial spawn.  If they choose to take their chances and stick around, that's on them.  

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, Armani👑 said:

He likely won't kill me.

I'm smart enough to crouch and hide as a stealth character. 

Most players keep jogging around and announcing their presence.  

So it's their fault if their playing AJ, Deborah or Jenny. Use the stealth stat you have.

That's not a very fair comment to make. I think its bad luck when Jason spawns at your spawn. Hell I had one game when he materialised next to me. He grabbed me and threw me through a window 5 seconds later. That's bad luck. I think the only thing you can really do is get out of the area, particularly when there's another counsellor for Jason to go after. I think your chances with stealth is a dicey option. Jason can still zero in on you and no Jason player has the etiquette to give you a chance in the first 2 minutes of the game.

6 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

I figured as much.  I am on Xbox as well, and play Private Matches.  I made a similar thread a while back, and just like the responses you are getting here- they did not add up to my experiences online.  I am starting to think this no spawn killing crap is mainly an Xbox Private Match thing.  I agree with everyone here that is a stupid unwritten rule. 

no they bitch on PC too. In QP. I have seen people ,when spawning in the next cabin to the phone, begging and bitching  at jason while just standing there instead of getting away.

Someone on steam forums even suggested that jason needs a cooldown at start before he can morph...

I personally don't give them any time as lenience. If I can kill you, I will. As a counselor, if I spawn at the Phone Box or hear Jason's music right at the start of a match, I just hide under a bed. Too many people use the hiding spots waaaaay after Jason has enough sense to know they are in the house anyways. At the beginning, the only idea he would have is the noise you make. See the phone box, find a bed. Ive survived countless times doing this and haven't had to burn energy or stress myself by running away. Plus once he leaves, you know he isn't coming right back.

• Like 1

Nope, not at all. As Jason, it's your duty to do what mother says and kill them all. The only time I'd ever not kill someone was in the past when it was more common for counselors to get stuck at random areas of the map. In that case, I'd grab them and move them and let'em break grab and give them an honest chance to get away. Other than that, all bets are off. If someone is right in front of you within seconds of the start of the game after your first morph, KILL them. Especially if it's Tiffany, Vanessa, or Chad and you can catch them before they "troll up" with items.

16 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

no they bitch on PC too. In QP. I have seen people ,when spawning in the next cabin to the phone, begging and bitching  at jason while just standing there instead of getting away.

Someone on steam forums even suggested that jason needs a cooldown at start before he can morph...

Interesting...I may do a poll to see how widespread this is on all 3 platforms. 

Ran into one of these squeakers last night.  I teleported to the cabin with the phone fuse and just as i did.. Someone came climbing out of the window right infront of me.. So, i killed them.

As this was going on.. Alls i can hear is NO SPAWN KILLS NOW SPAWN KILLS!..   And then silence (because he was dead)

He sent me a msg saying.  "NO SPAWN KILLS YOU DUMB CHEAP F#^&%#%"

I replied.  "Sorry but i only take orders from my Momma"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I kill them. I learned pretty quickly to move along to a different cabin if I spawn by the phone or a car as a counselor. If I can learn that, so can they. You have plenty of time before the sense ability becomes available to move along, collect some stuff and hide.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:20 AM, razeak said:

So if I spawn in as Jason and teleport to a cabin immediately, and attack the first counselor I see am I wrong?

I'm just curious what the community thinks. I've only been playing a week. It seems like they would usually at least have a bat or machete very early on. Thanks.

When I play, I (like most Jasons) collect the shack knives, then immediately morph to the phone box to trap it. Then I morph to the nearest car to trap, then shift to the last car (if there is one) for trapping.

If I just SEE someone during that process, I usually leave them alone and go about my work. UNLESS they run right into me. I'm nice, but not THAT nice.

If someone is inside the phone house when I initially arrive, I generally ignore them. But if someone has the misfortune to run out the door or crawl out a window right in front of me, they're just dead. Especially if they shout "NO SPAWN KILLING!!" 

HOWEVER, if they are nice and sufficiently plead for their lives, I might show a tiny bit of mercy.

. . . maybe.  

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

When I play, I (like most Jasons) collect the shack knives, then immediately morph to the phone box to trap it. Then I morph to the nearest car to trap, then shift to the last car (if there is one) for trapping.

If I just SEE someone during that process, I usually leave them alone and go about my work. UNLESS they run right into me. I'm nice, but not THAT nice.

If someone is inside the phone house when I initially arrive, I generally ignore them. But if someone has the misfortune to run out the door or crawl out a window right in front of me, they're just dead. Especially if they shout "NO SPAWN KILLING!!" 

HOWEVER, if they are nice and sufficiently plead for their lives, I might show a tiny bit of mercy.

. . . maybe.  

Exactly what I would have said! I never take more than 5 minutes to trap everything and collect at least 6 throwing knives. If I come across someone, I won't waste more time than I need because I regularly check up on the phone and boat or car. Once everything is going fine and dandy I start my rampage of breaking down doors, windows, and electrical boxes to add fear to the counselors. I like to have a +destruction +running as in Part 4 to wear out counselor stamina. It doesn't give them time to gain stamina when I can break down the door quickly.

Every counselor has the stamina to safely jog into the next cabin cluster. If they decide to stay, that really is on them. Kill them all, I say.

Also, I noticed nobody mentioned that with the map update, Jason can’t prolong the game simply by killing the part runners anymore; if he wants the parts to stay hidden, he has to pick off the counselors before the items are ever found. Sparing anyone in the beginning is just shooting yourself in the leg nowadays. 

As for how I play, I’m a silent killer but I occasionally break character to implore newbies to leave before I get to them or I lecture them upon death on what they did wrong. If they stay, they are dead. 

I take great pleasure in killing speed looters. It’s unfathomable how often the looters leave the doors wide open (or unlocked) and you can just walk up to them while they are locked in the looting animation. 

I do (indirectly) show mercy from time to time, though. I’m always running a personal “hard mode” and I forbid myself from using any single kill twice. Since I only have 4 insta kills to use per round, I never waste one in the beginning as spawn kills most often happen indoors surrounded by context kills. Sometimes this forces me to take a longer walk to the kill, and the counselor gets a brief window for an escape attempt. 

As Jason I will occasionally skip collecting the throwing knives and instantly morph to the phone box, occasionally go to a car first depending on location.

Recently I was called a cheater because I morphed to the phone box to trap it (Camp Crystal Lake map, west workshop). Someone decided instead of running away they wanted to hang out at the campfire next to the workshop and whine that I found her so fast, so because she decided to stick around I decided that regardless of what else was going on that she will be the first killed. Once she realized that I was actively chasing her I hear something along the lines of 'you're cheating, in our lobbies we don't kill before x amount of minutes' at which point I let her know that as host I don't have any rules of the sort and that as soon as she realized I was near she should have started running. Eventually caught her in the boat repair shop after about 2 minutes or so and threw her through a window.

The core group I play with is too good to allow them to go free if given the chance to kill them. If I manage to catch you before I can shift, sense, or even morph a second time...YOU DESERVE IT.

What would one of the Jasons from the movies do?  He doesn't pity anyone.

• Like 1