razeak

Spawn kill as Jason etiquette

It sucks for them but thats the devs fault, i honestly think ur order of abilities bein attained is Stalk>Sense>Shift>Morph, in a dream game i wish each Jason had their own abilities like what we have could just be part 3, honestly every Jason is exactly the same, sure some have more traps, an break doors a lil faster but at its core they are the same. Only running really seprates a few but even then its not too much faster than power walking jason's. An cooldowns dont really differentiate them imo.

14 hours ago, razeak said:

So if I spawn in as Jason and teleport to a cabin immediately, and attack the first counselor I see am I wrong?

I'm just curious what the community thinks. I've only been playing a week. It seems like they would usually at least have a bat or machete very early on. Thanks.

What system do you play on and do you favor public or private matches?

What?!  How could that be wrong? If someone has an issue with that then they’re being silly.  

Sadly I have had a bad spawn, if you will, as a counselor and ended up right where Jason was and I was DEED within 30 seconds.  It happens but there is nothing wrong with that. :)

16 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

Nope.  It sucks for that person and honestly it's a crap shoot.  If you get a Tiffany or a Vanessa, more than often they will out run you early on with no shift.  

Most Jason's usually spawn to the phone, trap it, take down the doors and windows on the same cabin, then move to the 4 seater with traps, and then power generators on large maps.  

Any counselor can outrun Jason pre-Shift. All they have to do is actually run away.

There's no such thing as "spawn killing" in this game. Anyone who says otherwise just shouldn't bother playing at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The rules of etiquette for this game:

1. Don't be a sore loser when you get killed early as a counselor. (Death happens; deal with it and move on.)

2. Don't assume Jason will always give you a fair chance early in the match. If he finds you, haul ass, or stand there and die.

3. Don't be a sore loser when you get killed as Jason. (It'll happen eventually.)

4. Don't be a sore winner when you stun or kill Jason. (Especially if the Jason is new to the game.)

5. Don't be a dick to your fellow counselors. (Unless you are going for that particular achievement.)

Otherwise, anything goes...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The rules of etiquette for this game:

1. Don't be a sore loser when you get killed early as a counselor. (Death happens; deal with it and move on.)

2. Don't assume Jason will always give you a fair chance early in the match. If he finds you, haul ass, or stand there and die.

3. Don't be a sore loser when you get killed as Jason. (It'll happen eventually.)

4. Don't be a sore winner when you stun or kill Jason. (Especially if the Jason is new to the game.)

5. Don't be a dick to your fellow counselors. (Unless you are going for that particular achievement.)

Otherwise, anything goes...

#4 I agree to this more than anything else, i dont mind emotes they can add realism but I can not stand the dance emote during a stun or when escaping, especially right now with "the state of Jason" if u stun/escape its not an acomplishment anymore an to do ur emote/teabag just proves how lil u respect the Legend named, Jason Vorhees

THERE. IS. NO. SUCH. THING. AS. SPAWN. KILLING. IN. THIS. GAME!!!!!

As Jason, you kill whoever the f**k you can, as soon as you can and in whatever fashion you can. Period. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, John Wick said:

THERE. IS. NO. SUCH. THING. AS. SPAWN. KILLING. IN. THIS. GAME!!!!!

As Jason, you kill whoever the f**k you can, as soon as you can and in whatever fashion you can. Period. 

I totally agree!!! They are not gonna wait for Jason to show up if they can get something fixed in the first minute so why would Jason agree to give them another advantage. It’s not like councelors don’t have an advantage these days anyway

• Like 1

On 12/30/2017 at 2:00 AM, bewareofbears said:

Kill them immediately.

If you don't they'll be stocked up on pocketknives and teabagging you later.

Also good chance they'll find the fuse next door and come back to fix the phone as soon as you leave.

I generally don't chase after my morph cools down, but if people are by the phone, I come back asap to deal with the shenanigans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Also good chance they'll find the fuse next door and come back to fix the phone as soon as you leave.

I generally don't chase after my morph cools down, but if people are by the phone Alkavian is nearby, I come back asap to deal with the shenanigans.

There, fixed it for you bro. LOL. Rising knows I love Repair characters with low Stamina. It's like waving a red cape in front of a bull.

giphy.gif

Rising be at the phone all like:

Overprotective-Parents-3.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A serial killer... with etiquette.

"No, it's okay. Go ahead and run a little. Nice to meet you. Okay, sounds great! Catch up later". 

Back when this game favored Jason more, a lot of people would be kind of enough to not spawn kill because no one wants to spectate for 19 minutes. 

Now several strategies have been laid out on these very forums for you to read how to avoid it. Also, balance has favored counselors tremendously for the past couple months. At this point, run out of there and window hop until he gets distracted. Or run to a campfire and get a pocket knife or shot gun. Typically getting spawn killed now shows lack of experience. We all have to go through these growing pains and learn how best to avoid it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2017 at 1:07 AM, Tattooey said:

Allowing counselors to run around the map completing objectives & finding items because of some agreement of no killing until Jason has shift is ignorant. Jason has one objective & one only. Kill everyone. Now I know some are going to get super offended & say you don’t always have to get 8/8. Well that’s your opinion it doesn’t change the fact that Jason objective is to kill everyone.

As Jason you play against the clock. The less time you have the worse off you will be. Where on the contrary the more time the counselors have the worse off they will be. So don’t be foolish & waste time. I for one didn’t spend $40 on the game plus other expenses to have some random stranger I’m never going to meet tell me how to play a game he didn’t buy me. Just because he’s garbage at the game & needs a handicap. Playing as Jason has become a very difficult embarrassing chore that not to many people enjoy. It’s absolutely humiliating. What’s even more harsh is that you must ignore other players & rely on slashing but the hit detection is completely broken even more than before. Any counselors standing near the car or any wall/object Jason misses every single swing.

If it isn’t bad enough Jason has been nerfed insanely & counselors buffed tremendously. Now people want to enforce no killing for the first couple minutes of the session which is plenty of time to fix the car, boat, or even call the police. People will shame you regardless of how you play. They will complain if you slash, complain if you grab, & complain if you even shift. Most the people that play this game lack the basic intelligence level to comprehend that you’re not suppose to survive every single session. This is the exact reason why Jason has been nerfed so much. People should not be struggling playing as Jason. People should not have a difficult time killing counselors. It’s every Counselors job to protect themselves at all times. Not Jasons job to look out for their safety by making promises not to kill too early. It doesn’t work that way. If you can’t run away from Jason while being chased before he has shift then leave the area of interest that you know he’s teleporting to for trap placement.

I used to permit someone to leave the phone house while I was demolishing it.

Now, I don't let that happen. I catch someone alone, they die. They taunt, they die. They brag about knives, they die. 

I will slash you, I will knife you, I will end you without mercy. I will choke you, I will headpunch, and I'll make you have a miserable time all while not saying a word.

Don't want it to happen? DON'T FUCKING GET CAUGHT.

Gif related; me as I intentionally eat all the pocket knives with grabbing, because you'll eventually run out and I'll kill you.YHMXwIK.gif

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Alkavian said:

There, fixed it for you bro. LOL. Rising knows I love Repair characters with low Stamina. It's like waving a red cape in front of a bull.

Rising be at the phone all like:

Comedy*

You and Infamous both. 

At any rate, yeah I chase the slow and infirm first. You know Jason can't afford them long distance bills. 

• Haha 1

:lol: Man, this topic almost made me run out of likes. Before I would have been merciful. Now I would have to remind the whining counselors that they are not the ones who have to worry about being ganged up on by a stun party.

P.S. If it's one counselor against Jason, I'm not against a victory dance.

I thought of this topic as I started in a small cabin that was the fuse house two games in a row. Of course, Jason spawn-morphed on me, but I survived until he got bored and morphed away. You just have to make it work for you because neither of them were letting me off the hook. If I can survive a small cabin with no pocket knife or trap, you can too, America. 

On 12/30/2017 at 3:36 PM, Ker Juice said:

What system do you play on and do you favor public or private matches?

Xbox. I joined the Friday the 13th group to get games to pop faster. I had like 10 invites in just a few minutes. I'm pretty new, but I had browsed the forums earlier in the week, so I was aware of some of the hurdles. I'm kind of trying to find what I prefer, but if there is going to be constant backlash and get me kicked over playing the objective, ill probably just stick with QP for now. 

It wasn't a big deal really, I was just curious if it was something I missed in the community due to balance issues. It seems the current state of balance dictates dropping the hammer early if you're Jason. For what it's worth, the cheif whiner was the only one I killed even after I spared him early. I'm terrible at this game still. Haha. I did get stun locked and tea bagged for a long time, and yes, there were a lot of pocket knives.

I don't like spawn killing, but I don't think this game really fits the classic definition since the odds are still on the counselors favor and they have room to maneuver. It's not like they are trapped in a small spawn point with no escape like other games.

I appreciate the replies. For those that just read the name of the topic, I wasn't the counselor. I was Jason and there was some whining when I attacked when I morphed at the start. I spared the guy when he called me out for spawn killing because I had not yet realized you really can't spawn kill in this game.

I've been smoked plenty of times this past week early on on the game to the same thing. Spawn kill never entered my thought process as a counselor, because it's Jason Freaking Vorhees :)

I spawned at the bath house on a small Crystal Lake map, went in through the door, checked both drawers then grabbing the med spray and Jason showed up. I ran ahead and out the door and saw the phone there on the wall, obviously Jason had grabbed his first 2 knives and then gone straight to the fuse box. I ran to the small cabin right next to the bath house and literally passed Jason and he walked to the fuse box. In the cabin, 2nd drawer, had the fuse. Jason leaves and I install the fuse. Cops called in about 90 seconds from start. He should have killed me. I would have killed me.

Recently I've gone strictly as Savini during public matches and been downright merciless. Strategy has been doing Shift+Attack and then tagging them with a knife if they are too far to hit,. They WILL be limping and grabbing them is easy, so even if they knife, they need a med spray as well.

Oddly, I've seen an inversion of people complaining or yelling "pay to win" when they see me using savini. Instead, people will often exclaim "OH SHIT!" when they see that he's the Jason in play. I even did a 8/8 match and somewhat apologized for how relentless I was, emphisizing that Jason's ONLY goal is to kill everyone. The reply I got?

"Savini SHOULD be merciless."

They stuck around for another round where I got to be Savini again (the shift of people being able to exclude themselves from being Jason has made people who want to play as Jason get more turns) and all but 1 died. The last guy I caught and did the rapid knife kill to him and then I noticed someone somehow got a car going without me knowing and had escaped. I commended them and the guy I knifed not only liked the fact that I was merciless and terrifying but commended that I used that special stab kill since he hadn't seen it.

THIS is why I play online. THIS is the type of community interaction I look for.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 11:20 PM, razeak said:

So if I spawn in as Jason and teleport to a cabin immediately, and attack the first counselor I see am I wrong?

I'm just curious what the community thinks. I've only been playing a week. It seems like they would usually at least have a bat or machete very early on. Thanks.

Jason doesn’t have etiquette. He’s Jason Voorhees. All he knows is killing everyone in his path.

Remember when we got spawn killed because a few times we got unlucky and spawned in Jason's shack? You don't? Well, it NEVER HAPPENED. 

The game doesn't allow spawn killing unless you simply don't move. As soon as the match starts, the counselor's main goal is survival. Your first objective is to check your surroundings. If I risk hovering around an objective, I risk running into Jason. 90 % of the time you'll get away from Big J early game. You'll have to make quite a few mistakes getting killed in your spawn area. I've had it happen to me, but no matter how god Jason was, it was always me having a really bad round.

On 12/30/2017 at 1:20 AM, razeak said:

Fuck, no. Kill that asshole.

Wow, never even considered this. As someone else said, time is generally not on Jason's side, so if you get a freebie, get it.