Mr. Blonde

The Jason Player Doesn't Owe The Other 7 Counselors Anything

If you had control over the game, which side would you make the F13 game favor?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. If you had control over the game, which side would you make the F13 game favor?

• Counselors
    • Jason

I remember my very first match. I was a counselor and the Jason was high level and badass. When I saw him, I was terrified. I did my best running and trying to escape, but he outwitted me and I got snatched. The rush I had was truly a drug because I wanted more. To see Jason meant certain death and to survive meant something. If you were lucky you had another counselor close, weapons, and in a blue moon a pocket knife. Now... gangs of shotgun-wielding, pocket knife hoarding, dancing medical experts are hunting Jason. It’s... an embarrassment.

Jason should’t stun as easily, he should get rage as soon as his mask comes off OR someone takes the sweater, should get STALK second as his powers, and the amount of pocket knives and med sprays need to be cut in 3/4. Period. If someone finds either, it should be a miracle to them, another chance. Now we got people spritzing themselves the moment they get any sort of damage because they know they’ll just find another med spray. It’s truly pathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alcanx said:

...That's not really all that much honestly, not compared to the 500 you get for simply starting the game. And no, you shouldn't get XP for squatting in the woods or floating by the boat exit for 20 minutes. Your objective is to ESCAPE, not simply run out the time. 

I've had matches as Vanessa where I got the car going as the last person left, we hit the 2 minute mark and Jason managed to stop the car. Instead of chasing me, he proceeded to camp the car for 2 minutes so I couldn't escape. It sucks but hey, I didn't juke him well enough to drive out the first time so I don't get the points, simple. 

It is a bad idea to say any jason leave is justified when there were no rules broken.  It´s breaking the rules. doesn´t matter if the consequences are serious or not. it is a dick move. one that breaks rules that hopefully will be punished with timed bans son. (repeated leaving)

ofc trolling jason is also a dick move. but people leave as jason because they think the players didn´t earn the kill, while they played fair without breaking any rules is a bigger one imo. also one that is easier to control by the devs. jsut saying.

15 hours ago, Alcanx said:

...That's not really all that much honestly, not compared to the 500 you get for simply starting the game. And no, you shouldn't get XP for squatting in the woods or floating by the boat exit for 20 minutes. Your objective is to ESCAPE, not simply run out the time. 

I've had matches as Vanessa where I got the car going as the last person left, we hit the 2 minute mark and Jason managed to stop the car. Instead of chasing me, he proceeded to camp the car for 2 minutes so I couldn't escape. It sucks but hey, I didn't juke him well enough to drive out the first time so I don't get the points, simple. 

The objective of the game is to survive. If a player manages to survive the clock they deserve more xp. Let’s not exaggerate, Jason will be able to morph and sense players at far ranges in the last few minutes. If a Jason manages to defend every objective well enough then the last player deserves “Final girl” or “Final boy” XP, nothing more than 200-300.

8 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

That's because you don't play against good teams, you just queue up Quick Play thinking you're hot shit because you're "undefeated" with Jason in there. Level 137? Watch out guys, we have a level 137 bad-ass here with all of the achievements and a platinum to boot! You know, you remind me of those generic guys that goes to a local gym and thinks they have god's genes pouting around until they actually show up to a body building or a strength competition one day and get blown out of the water in every area. I wouldn't wanna bruise your Jason ego, it may break you.

And I don't quit. Your assumption right there is almost as bad as you thinking you're going to show players who have been living and breathing Jason since the beta days any ground breaking strategies. If I'm in a Quick Play lobby with randoms and the Jason we're up against just so happens to quit, you better be damn right I will give any counselor player an earful about it if they try to shun the Jason player and explain why it's totally acceptable in this terribly balanced version of F13 that Gunmedia has created for Jason due to listening to constant counselor cry babies.

Riiiight....... over 2,000 matches as Jason (public/private), and I've never once played against a good team. Geez, kid. Do these ignorant assumptions just fall out of your ass on their own, or do you have to work on it? The whole premise of this thread is beyond idiotic, and you keep adding to it with your phony internet bravado that isn't impressing anyone. Drop the you vs the world thing, because I can assure you the other way around doesn't give two shits.

I'm the guy leaving the gym after an hour of cardio and snickering at all the juice-headed narcissists who can't think of anything better to do than look at themselves in the mirror all day. Let me guess, you fall more into the latter?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

The objective of the game is to survive. If a player manages to survive the clock they deserve more xp. 

Read my other posts. Staying in the campsite with the murderous zombie is hardly 'surviving'. Getting xp for running out the timer will also render objectives useless, just play Vanessa and run around for 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

@Mr. Blonde Rage quitting is rage quitting.  I do not agree with mobs camping at the police either, but don't stoop to their level of being unsportsmanlike by leaving.  When this happens to me, I tell everyone to leave or they are getting slashed to death.  Start slashing a few of them with the intent to kill and they will get the idea and exit.   If you feel they were being true ass hats, then report them for being unsportsmanlike, block them, then leave the lobby.  Besides, I can tell you with complete confidence jerks like these get off on making players rage quit.  Quitters get laughed at and made fun of. What's worse- they are now on legit grounds for being reported: "Quit Game Early."  If they really want to stick it to you, 7 simultaneous reports of you quitting is not a good look for your rep.  You put your account at risk every time you do that.  

I propose the idea that when the cops arrived they should have a leave timer. Even as counselor it is frustrating to see you take the exit while everyone sit there and wait for Jason so they can troll him for the duration of the match. Then guess what happens next?...

Disconnected. No XP gain. Nothing. Because I have to wait it out because of these idiots.

• Like 1

if they troll you hardcore at the cops, morph into water and get a coffee. read you emails, check facebook, what ever. usually they leave after a while and get REALLY mad. win/win

On 12/29/2017 at 12:18 PM, Truth said:

Maybe try using other counselors? Maybe try NOT picking up the knife? If the game is too easy for you, make it more difficult. You can do that yourself. Personally, I just kind of fuck around until Jason finds me. I tend to help with the car, but let others escape in it while I go after another objective. I always have counselors (and Jason) set to random to keep it interesting.

I agree Jason has been nerfed too much, but I understand that balance in this game is a moving target. They will have to continuously make changes to adapt.

I find it fun to challenge myself by not going the obvious route of playing the same strategy every match. I set my preferences to random as well. Whatever happens, happens.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:26 PM, Corkenstein said:

The time limit is there so games do not go hours on end.  Waiting until the timer ends isn't supposed to be the main strategy.  It's why they have boats, cars, and phone to escape.  Those are the primary goals.  You are only seeing more games hit the end of the time limit because of how extremely weak Jason is now.  In the early days of release, it was extremely rare to make it to the end of the timer.  Your only way to escape was the three options or fourth if you tried to kill Jason.  This made survival important and added a lot more to the immersion of horror and being hunted down.  It added to Jason being Jason.  

My very first match at launch, I hid in the same spot for the full twenty. After that, I never bothered to. Every once in a blue moon, I'll see that in a Quick Play match.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:29 PM, MichaelMemers said:

Other way around, in my experience. At release timer victories were common and now they are extremely rare, but are getting a little more common because it takes longer to kill everyone now.

New waves of players will bring the occasional timer victory.

On 12/29/2017 at 5:32 PM, SteveChristy said:

I agree with your point of counselors who camp out at the police exits and clown around whilst loaded with pocketknives/med sprays. They want to troll you one last time and get their jollies at your expense. But, leaving the game only let's them know they succeeded in breaking you, mentally. If I've landed in a room full of trolls and didn't adapt to their crap in time and a group of them make it that far, I just morph away to the water and make them wait while I grab a snack/drink, take a restroom break, etc. Totally ruins their douchebag fun and essentially makes them the "trollees". When the match ends, then I leave lobby. :lol:

Nice countertroll tactic... B)

7 hours ago, Loading said:

I propose the idea that when the cops arrived they should have a leave timer. Even as counselor it is frustrating to see you take the exit while everyone sit there and wait for Jason so they can troll him for the duration of the match. Then guess what happens next?...

Disconnected. No XP gain. Nothing. Because I have to wait it out because of these idiots.

Not a bad idea. If this was real life, you can bet the cops wouldn't be waiting on fool dancing around instead of getting out of dodge.

Personally I just grab everyone early. I always have. I know I'm going to get stuck in the neck, but that's exactly what I want. If I've been stuck 7 times in the first 4-5 minutes of the match, that's 7 pocket knives that A) they don't have for objectives and  B ) they don't have for later in the match to try and troll. I do the same for med sprays, just throwing knives and slashing making them use em up early. 

Obviously everyone may not have found a knife early, some people may have 2-3, some have none. Out of all the early grabs I usually get a kill or two and make them waste most of the knives and sprays. They aren't very ballsy at that point when they know they don't have those items to rely on. Now I have 15 minutes left to clear out the rest of those fuckers who now have no freebies.

umm.. i dont do it personally.. just leave the xbox on if i need to go

but i agree

9 hours ago, Loading said:

This. It should take the cops 5 minutes to get there and you have a MINUTE before they leave. That gives you 5 minutes to prep where you are going to be when they arrive so more than enough time to escape. If Jason chases you away from them tough. 

23 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

This. It should take the cops 5 minutes to get there and you have a MINUTE before they leave. That gives you 5 minutes to prep where you are going to be when they arrive so more than enough time to escape. If Jason chases you away from them tough. 

I agree with a timer, but a minute isn't enough. 2-3 minutes would be more reasonable. If you happen to be on the wrong side of the map when the cops show up, it can take a while to make it across the larger maps. My opinion is that the counselors should be given an adequate amount of time to make it, but not be able to troll Jason for 5-10 minutes at the exit. I know if I was a cop that was called to a crime scene and I just saw a bunch of dipshits dancing and teabagging, I would think it was a prank call and head back to the station.

• Like 1

In most cases the Jason players i have seen that don't care to indulge in the current state of counselor ganging up on and teabagging is to just stay in the shack. Something i am gonna do to see what the counselors say is at the start of the match is to just go into the middle of the lake the whole match for a couple of matches and see how they react when they go jason hunting but never find him lol

On 12/30/2017 at 9:39 PM, Rexfellis said:

I agree with a timer, but a minute isn't enough. 2-3 minutes would be more reasonable. If you happen to be on the wrong side of the map when the cops show up, it can take a while to make it across the larger maps. My opinion is that the counselors should be given an adequate amount of time to make it, but not be able to troll Jason for 5-10 minutes at the exit. I know if I was a cop that was called to a crime scene and I just saw a bunch of dipshits dancing and teabagging, I would think it was a prank call and head back to the station.

2 minutes then. More than enough time right

On 29.12.2017 at 7:29 PM, Alcanx said:

Because in a game about teamwork, it promotes selfish behaviour. What if the guy camping in the woods has the fuse? Or the car keys? Everyone else would be wasting their time running around, frantically searching every closed draw because of one selfish git.

That's what  I hate about this game the most.
I fix the car, put in the battery and gas, I drop the keys because i'm a shitty driver, and some asshole gets in and drives away alone.
Next game i fix the car again, and another player just stands and waits for me to finish the work, and then hits me with the bat, so he can get in the car.
Another asshole chases me to the house so he can get to the drawers first, but i'm faster. So he shoots me with the flair gun, then returns with a bat and keeps hitting me.
So i got pissed, few games later i had both car keys and the fuse and i left it all in Jason's shack. I even put a trap at his door. And I had a LOT of fun witching them geting totally pissed and  killed by a noob Jason.

I don't give a shit about other players anymore. I don't help anybody and don't expect help from anyone also.

• Haha 1

I don't think they should get that much bonus xp for surviving. I'd be okay with 100, but nothing even close to the amount for escaping. Team play and objectives should be encouraged as much as possible. 

I was in a private lobby the other day. All very high level players. Jason killed everyone at objectives. All we needed was the gas to start the four seater... here's the kicker. Two tiffany players had been in the same cabin for the entire game just prepping that cabin and hiding. Literally in that same cabin the whole game. As the rest of us were battling at the car and got the battery in, one of them picked up the gas and was like "holy crap the gas is in our cabin!"  I asked them to run it down to us and they declined, saying Jason hadn't found them yet and it was too dangerous, and that it was "pointless since  Tiffany isn't a repair character." I battled Jason across the map to get to them, and died once I got there. As I was on my way they scampered off to another cabin (the first time they had moved all game) and proceeded to mouth me off for leading Jason toward them. 

One of them ended up surviving. She did not earn final girl. She did not earn any extra xp. She had Jason on her for three and a half minutes, which is a decent chase but nothing close to special. After the game she proceeded to brag about how good she was.

I get that at times the final character survives an epic chase/showdown with Jason, but just as often they play like those Tiffanys (and this is not a Tiffany bash, I know several of them who would not have been like that).

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I don't think they should get that much bonus xp for surviving. I'd be okay with 100, but nothing even close to the amount for escaping. Team play and objectives should be encouraged as much as possible. 

I was in a private lobby the other day. All very high level players. Jason killed everyone at objectives. All we needed was the gas to start the four seater... here's the kicker. Two tiffany players had been in the same cabin for the entire game just prepping that cabin and hiding. Literally in that same cabin the whole game. As the rest of us were battling at the car and got the battery in, one of them picked up the gas and was like "holy crap the gas is in our cabin!"  I asked them to run it down to us and they declined, saying Jason hadn't found them yet and it was too dangerous, and that it was "pointless since  Tiffany isn't a repair character." I battled Jason across the map to get to them, and died once I got there. As I was on my way they scampered off to another cabin (the first time they had moved all game) and proceeded to mouth me off for leading Jason toward them. 

One of them ended up surviving. She did not earn final girl. She did not earn any extra xp. She had Jason on her for three and a half minutes, which is a decent chase but nothing close to special. After the game she proceeded to brag about how good she was.

I get that at times the final character survives an epic chase/showdown with Jason, but just as often they play like those Tiffanys (and this is not a Tiffany bash, I know several of them who would not have been like that).

I recently changed my main from Chad to Adam.  As Chad, I was these Tiffanies.  I’d hoard knives and sprays, find a large cabin with favorable windows for juking on the outskirts of the map, put traps in front of both doors and maybe an inside door if I have time, and run out the clock.  I survived a lot.  

I got bored of this and learned it’s far more infuriating to Jason when I throw myself as Adam at objectives.   Objectives being completed truly puts the pressure on Jason.  I die a lot more now because being at an objective means You have to confront Jason. But I now view a win for me as anyone escaping due to a car, boat, or police I helped with even if I die myself.  It’s way more rewarding. 

I also learned being on the Adam side of things, that the guy running down the clock for 10 minutes while the rest of us who died at objectives have to watch isn’t nearly as cool as he thinks he is.  It’s boring to have to watch this even if he’s impressed with himself. 

Sometimes the lobby is so terrible I can’t fix anything.  No one helps disarm any traps, no one drops off parts, or even picks them up and drops them so I know where they are.   Or they bring Jason to you as you try to install a part.  Only if it looks impossible do I give up and prep a cabin. 

EDIT:  @CPLhicks31 I gave a laugh face not because I find it funny what happened to you, but because those Tiffanies thought they were good players.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NScarlato said:

I recently changed my main from Chad to Adam.  As Chad, I was these Tiffanies.  I’d hoard knives and sprays, find a large cabin with favorable windows for juking on the outskirts of rhe map, put traps in front of both doors and maybe an inside door if I have time, and run out the clock.  I survived a lot.  

I got bored of this and learned it’s far more infuriating to Jason when I throw myself as Adam at objectives.   Objectives being completed truly puts the pressure on Jason.  I die a lot more now because being at an objective means You have to confront Jason. But I now view a win for me as anyone escaping due to a car, boat, or police I helped with even if I die myself.  It’s way more rewarding. 

I also learned being on the Adam side of things, that the guy running down the clock for 10 minutes while they rest of us who died at objectives and have to watch isn’t nearly as cool as he thinks he is.  It’s boring to have to watch this even if he’s impressed with himself. 

Somerimes the lobby is so terrible I can’t fix anything.  No one helps disarm any traps, no one drops off parts, or even pick them up and drop them so I know where they are.   Or they bring Jason to you as you try to install a part.  Only if it looks impossible do I give up and prep a cabin. 

I do the same, but I stay with Chad. His stats for objectives is pretty terrible, but you would be surprised how often I am successful with him. And even when I’m not and I get Jason’s attention there’s still a good chance I can complete the task and run away before he gets too close. There’s more of a risk using him but that is what I find fun. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 12:01 PM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Hey. I guess if you suck as Jason and want to be a pussy and leave, go for it. As long as you’re not hosting. 

I think everyone sucks as him now lol I used to be good now I suck due to the changes!  I may as well go hunt animals at this point! 

I have had my preference set to Jason. I play him about 1 in 6 games. On Nights I play the game I might play 12 to 15 games, so I often get to be Jason twice a nice. Every so often I get him 3 times.

I would say that 2 out of 3 games I can kill 5/8 or more. I feel anytime 5/8 or more occurs it is a decent game. Players should have some chance to get away, or what would be the point. If Jason was too good and it was always 8/8. People wouldn't want to bother.

It is those 2/8 or 3/8 games, where you log into a map like Higgins small. you teleport to the phone to defend it,, but the time your teleport is back up, one of the cars is already moving. you go to try to deal with that, and then someone is calling the cops, or you port into a group of chads with bats, and you lose 5 minutes of your day being stunned to death.  I can absorb those bad games and grumble about balance and move on,  but there are people that dont have that much time, and if that is there one game of being Jason a night, I can understand their annoyance. Not everyone has hours upon hours to to play games, and with game balance being a bit off, it can be no fun to play Jason, so I can see them dropping those games right away to maybe give them a another chance as Jason.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carnage4u said:

I have had my preference set to Jason. I play him about 1 in 6 games. On Nights I play the game I might play 12 to 15 games, so I often get to be Jason twice a nice. Every so often I get him 3 times.

I would say that 2 out of 3 games I can kill 5/8 or more. I feel anytime 5/8 or more occurs it is a decent game. Players should have some chance to get away, or what would be the point. If Jason was too good and it was always 8/8. People wouldn't want to bother.

It is those 2/8 or 3/8 games, where you log into a map like Higgins small. you teleport to the phone to defend it,, but the time your teleport is back up, one of the cars is already moving. you go to try to deal with that, and then someone is calling the cops, or you port into a group of chads with bats, and you lose 5 minutes of your day being stunned to death.  I can absorb those bad games and grumble about balance and move on,  but there are people that dont have that much time, and if that is there one game of being Jason a night, I can understand their annoyance. Not everyone has hours upon hours to to play games, and with game balance being a bit off, it can be no fun to play Jason, so I can see them dropping those games right away to maybe give them a another chance as Jason.

Fanatastic post. You show reason on both sides of the coin. I think the main take away is that near the end of your post you conclude that "balance is a bit off". This is what I think too. Balance is off, could be better etc, but its not insanely awful the way some like to over exaggerate. A pretty good Jason can still do well for himself most nights. My Jason experience is similar to yours, if not better (not claiming I am better, just that my bad experiences as Jason are even rarer than yours).