Mr. Blonde

The Jason Player Doesn't Owe The Other 7 Counselors Anything

If you had control over the game, which side would you make the F13 game favor?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. If you had control over the game, which side would you make the F13 game favor?

• Counselors
    • Jason

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

Largely the same experience here, though last night another motivated Vanessa grabbed the damn sweater twice in a row and talked Jarvis through putting him down twice in a row. Still, this is with QP lobbies of people I don't know and who tend not to be grouped up. As long as sweater girl can demask and do the stun/bat combo, all you need is a Jarvis who will listen when you say "NOW HIT 'E' TOMMY!"

It's for that reason that I prefer to play a strength character, demask Jason and then die so that I can be Tommy. The chances of getting a competent Tommy is pretty low, while there is, around half the time, at least one player playing a girl who is competent enough to hit Q.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

It's for that reason that I prefer to play a strength character, demask Jason and then die so that I can be Tommy. The chances of getting a competent Tommy is pretty low, while there is, around half the time, at least one player playing a girl who is competent enough to hit Q.

If they're competent enough to grab the sweater in the first place, they should know how to use it. Tommy has always been the wildcard.

Just now, Truth said:

If they're competent enough to grab the sweater in the first place, they should know how to use it. Tommy has always been the wildcard.

Yeah, but someone grabbing the sweater is rare and if they do it early on they're almost always a high level Vanessa player. You're usually going to have to beg a slow girl to come with you to the shack to grab the sweater while you grab the axe.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Yeah, but someone grabbing the sweater is rare and if they do it early on they're almost always a high level Vanessa player. You're usually going to have to beg a slow girl to come with you to the shack to grab the sweater while you grab the axe.

For a long time while I was often using Deb I would grab the sweater every match. Decent Jasons would kill me right away, but you'd be surprised how rare that was. Most of the time I just used it as a quick stun. I've only gotten a few Jason kills BECAUSE of how rare competent Tommy players are.

Yeah, few slow girls are willing to grab the sweater early on, myself included. It takes a long time to reach Jason's shack as a slow character and you make yourself a target, and unlike Vanessa you aren't invincible even out in the middle of nowhere in the early game.

You spend most of your games playing as counselor, so if Jason gets buffed too much then no one will want to play at all because no one wants to lose 9/10 of their games. And even with Jason preference on you still won’t get him a lot.

Whoa. Lots of sour grapes in the OP. I thought this was gonna be a thread about not having qualms over slashing people to shreds (and I'd agree).

Couple footnotes FWIW; if the cops are called within five minutes it's because you failed to defend the phone box. Leaving the game at that point makes you a sore loser, as there is still plenty of time to get some killing done.

Chasing Vanessa (or Chad) from cabin to cabin is a choice you're making. It's a very simple (and easily avoidable) ploy a lot of players use to keep you busy while everyone else makes repairs and loots all the items on the map. If you're not good enough to kill Vanessa early in the chase, you don't have to keep following her around. Her repair sucks. Leaving her alive while you hunt down counselors who are a bigger threat to your kill count is a low risk. In my experience; leaving perked out Vanessas who only want to troll you will bore them to death and they'll come to you. ;)

I agree with your point of counselors who camp out at the police exits and clown around whilst loaded with pocketknives/med sprays. They want to troll you one last time and get their jollies at your expense. But, leaving the game only let's them know they succeeded in breaking you, mentally. If I've landed in a room full of trolls and didn't adapt to their crap in time and a group of them make it that far, I just morph away to the water and make them wait while I grab a snack/drink, take a restroom break, etc. Totally ruins their douchebag fun and essentially makes them the "trollees". When the match ends, then I leave lobby. :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Playing as Jason is more stressful than fun against a good group. A coordinated group of counselors can tear Jason a new one. And that shouldnt happen.

Jason is a walking pinata with a built in boom box. And before anyone says "git gud" Ill gladly invite you to try a game against the sportsmanship club.

The whole teamwork element is a part of the game. If the survivors are going into a 1v1 against Jason, it is likely they will die. That could even be the case in a 2v1, but if a Jason is walking into a group of coordinated survivors without a strategy in place to split them up or pick them off, you already know the results.

I'm not saying that Jason should be a glorified piñata. What I am saying is that even Jason takes skill to play. He can't just walk into a group of 4 survivors (especially good ones at that) and not expect to get walloped a couple times when people are trying to save each other. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TiffanyIsOP said:

You spend most of your games playing as counselor, so if Jason gets buffed too much then no one will want to play at all because no one wants to lose 9/10 of their games. And even with Jason preference on you still won’t get him a lot.

Wrong. Unlike bratty counselor players that want to survive half of the time they play and be on equal footing with Jason, there's tons of players that find the experience in a challenge to survive to be very thrilling and fun. Hence why playing counselors survivors (which the game forces you to play as online most of the time) is so boring and not challenging whatsoever.

31 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

Whoa. Lots of sour grapes in the OP. I thought this was gonna be a thread about not having qualms over slashing people to shreds (and I'd agree).

Couple footnotes FWIW; if the cops are called within five minutes it's because you failed to defend the phone box. Leaving the game at that point makes you a sore loser, as there is still plenty of time to get some killing done.

Chasing Vanessa (or Chad) from cabin to cabin is a choice you're making. It's a very simple (and easily avoidable) ploy a lot of players use to keep you busy while everyone else makes repairs and loots all the items on the map. If you're not good enough to kill Vanessa early in the chase, you don't have to keep following her around. Her repair sucks. Leaving her alive while you hunt down counselors who are a bigger threat to your kill count is a low risk. In my experience; leaving perked out Vanessas who only want to troll you will bore them to death and they'll come to you. ;)

I agree with your point of counselors who camp out at the police exits and clown around whilst loaded with pocketknives/med sprays. They want to troll you one last time and get their jollies at your expense. But, leaving the game only let's them know they succeeded in breaking you, mentally. If I've landed in a room full of trolls and didn't adapt to their crap in time and a group of them make it that far, I just morph away to the water and make them wait while I grab a snack/drink, take a restroom break, etc. Totally ruins their douchebag fun and essentially makes them the "trollees". When the match ends, then I leave lobby. :lol:

Save your basic and common sense advice for those that just bought the game yesterday. Your Jason would get creamed by my group in many matches that you will want to switch your preference to counselor by the end of day. And your Jason play certainly is not going to impress anyone in the good sportsmanship club.

Someone with recording equipment set up these "8/8" Jason gods against actual decent competition and not QP trash. They need to learn the hard way.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Wrong. Unlike bratty counselor players that want to survive half of the time they play and be on equal footing with Jason, there's tons of players that find the experience in a challenge to survive to be very thrilling and fun. Hence why playing counselors survivors (which the game forces you to play as online most of the time) is so boring and not challenging whatsoever.

Save your basic and common sense advice for those that just bought the game yesterday. Your Jason would get creamed by my group in many matches that you will want to switch your preference to counselor by the end of day. And your Jason play certainly is not going to impress anyone in the good sportsmanship club.

Someone with recording equipment set up these "8/8" Jason gods against actual decent competition and not QP trash. They need to learn the hard way.

Your post doesn't sound like you belong in the good sportsmanship club. Just saying. <_<

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

That's right. The player chosen to play as Jason doesn't owe the other seven counselor players anything. If the Jason chooses to leave the game because you got cops called in first five minutes, while he was trying to do his job to defend the car objective, he has the right to leave. If you and your team are stalling at the cops with three pocket knives and bats, Jason has the right to leave and not engage in your emote dancing tea-bagging spree. I can go on and on, but you get the picture. Too many times have I seen players make a big stink and fuss about a Jason player having the "nerve to leave" or go AFK and not give counselors what they want in trying to torture and use him as a EXP-boosting pinata. Way too many counselor players have been leaving mid-game since day one of this game's launch, and barely get any flack or witch-hunts aimed after them. But if the Jason player dare retaliates with the same response, everyone loses their shit.

To be honest. This is the direction of the game you guys wanted so don't complain now. How does it feel knowing that the other SEVEN counselor players cannot play the game if that ONE player does not find fun in playing Jason? Most Jason players do not want to wait five games (or up to how many games it takes) just to finally get lucky and roll Jason, just to have a Vanessa sprint from Cabin to Cabin, collecting all parts for the team and spamming dance-emotes any second she stops for stamina regen. While her team tracks you down like a rat trying to exterminate and beat you out of existence with their multiple shotguns, pocket knives, medsprays, and melee stun weapons.

To end this, basically if you're playing as Jason, and at any moment you feel like you're forcing yourself to stay in the game, for the sake of the seven other players enjoyment even though you're not having fun, please just leave the game. You don't owe these seven other counselor players anything. Without the Jason player finding any enjoyment, there is no reason for him/her to stay. It's better to stick to offline play for the most fun Jason experience where you can play very stealthy and calculated and hunt counselors down with varying strategy. Online is better if you only want to play as counselors which is what F13 currently caters to heavily.

Who hurt you?

• Like 1

Leaving because cops are called or a car is repaired is dumb and unwarranted. Yes Jason is a bitch now, and yes it is much easier for the counselors. I have been very vocal about this numerous times. I don't like that I can escape easily, I don't like that I can kill Jason easily and there are a lot of things that need to change with this game.

That being said, when you make the choice to enter a game whether in QP or a Private match, you have made the decision to play that game through. No matter what happens, you stay in the game. Jason leaving is just as much bullshit as a counselor leaving because they are about to die. The only thing that says is that you left because things didn't go your way.

I have already explained the ONLY circumstance where I feel it is okay to leave as a Jason player, and that is when you get glitch stuck (where Jason can't move, can't use abilities or interact with anything and nothing fixes it) and CAN'T play the game. At that point, you are leaving because the game isn't working properly and you can't actually PLAY.  There is nothing wrong with that because the game at this point is incapable of being played by all players.

But to leave simply because everything didn't go the way you wanted is a bitch move. We all know the issues with Jason and how unbalanced things are. But when you choose to play anyway and roll Jason, you stay no matter the outcome.

11 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

Who hurt you?

My thoughts exactly.

@Mr. Blonde Encouraging Jason players to leave just because they're having a hard time accomplishes nothing. It's a blatant sore loser mentality. There's always something to be learned whenever counselors get the better of you, and that's the matches that enable you to get better. It's the spirit of learning. So giving up as soon as you feel the match is no longer in your favour is just robbing yourself of experience and means you won't progress or adapt.

To everyone else, don't be this guy. If you're not having fun with the lobby you're in as Jason, then it's likely you won't have fun as counselor either. Finish out the match and find a new lobby, don't give them the satisfaction of making you rage quit. There is a difference between acknowledging the weaknesses of your character and blaming losses entirely on your character rather than you. Don't be a trash Jason with a selfish attitude, learn to have fun whether you win or lose and use your experiences to get better.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

My thoughts exactly.

@Mr. Blonde Encouraging Jason players to leave just because they're having a hard time accomplishes nothing. It's a blatant sore loser mentality. There's always something to be learned whenever counselors get the better of you, and that's the matches that enable you to get better. It's the spirit of learning. So giving up as soon as you feel the match is no longer in your favour is just robbing yourself of experience and means you won't progress or adapt.

To everyone else, don't be this guy. If you're not having fun with the lobby you're in as Jason, then it's likely you won't have fun as counselor either. Finish out the match and find a new lobby, don't give them the satisfaction of making you rage quit. There is a difference between acknowledging the weaknesses of your character and blaming losses entirely on your character rather than you. Don't be a trash Jason with a selfish attitude, learn to have fun whether you win or lose and use your experiences to get better.

Very well said. Wish I could like this more than once.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

If i had control of this game.. Id make JASONSGREATAGAIN.  Id buff the living shit out of him.

As of now, Only time public games are fun as Jason is if the 7 campers are newbies and not working as a team.  <----The only time..

Going up against 4-7 friends as campers..  Is basically ends up with Jasons getting toyed with and beat on.

Something needs to be done.  Don't understand what Guns issue is with this.  I say NO FUCKS should be given about what counselors ONLY players want.. at all.... period.

Preach brother....preach! :P Oh how I miss the window breaking mechanics from launch. I understand they changed it based on the "data" they collected from our game play but there wasn't an outcry that I remember to "fix" it. Yeah it was clunky and single windows were difficult to break but if you remembered to hit combat stance before breaking them you landed it every single time. Double windows were no problem at all. You didn't need to combat stance and the counselor would get injured if you hit them at the right moment. It was such a fantastic mechanic. Created great jump scares for me as counselor and added to the immersion. So they decide to create a prompt for the window. Fine, I get it. Some players weren't understanding combat stance. But they broke the previous mechanic and in trying to appease the outcry to switch back we got an invisible shield as a "fix". Now I have my dick in my hand waiting for the goddamn animation. It 100% breaks immersion for me. Both as Jason and as counselor.

What I would like to see in a future patch is a toggle to bring them back to their glory. ON for wimp mode, OFF for a great F13 experience. And make that for all modes public, private and offline. Speaking of which I don't understand why we can't have a toggle for rain in public and offline. Let the host have this power. I love the rain effect though but it does tax my performance and my PC is no slouch.

Anyway I have more on the list but I'll stop for now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Unlike bratty counselor players

Okay, but actually EVERYONE who plays this game is a “counselor player” because you cannot be Jason in every match. And if Jason is too overpowered, then the game basically becomes a lottery and whoever gets Jason would just win everytime. 

The game is tilted on the counselor’s side now but so many people want Jason to be killing 8/8 every game. That’s just as bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Playing as Jason is more stressful than fun against a good group. A coordinated group of counselors can tear Jason a new one. And that shouldnt happen.

Jason is a walking pinata with a built in boom box. And before anyone says "git gud" Ill gladly invite you to try a game against the sportsmanship club.

Agreed. Jason just doesn't have the resources to take on a group of seven who know to shoot, move and communicate. I'm thinking reusable traps could go a long way as GWV notes below. My contribution will be that I think Jason shouldn't be affected by pocket knives after rage. 

Or...

Maybe pocket knives shouldn't be a free escape to begin with. Maybe they make it easier to kick out of Jason's grip. That way high strength/composure and the perks to help you kick out are more viable. 

4 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Here are a few ideas.

3. Throwing knives for Jason have a bug that will allow them to miss or pass right through a counselor. The hit dectection needs to be fixed. Combat stance too.

4. Traps are easy to tank. Can't place them close together. Maybe allow Jason to reset traps that have gone off by tanking it. Traps removed by a pocket knife can't be reset.

5. Window protection during climbing animation. This needs to be removed. Allow Jason to break the window, damage or grab the counselor for any part of the animation.

@lHeartBreakerl is correct. Played with him and @Risinggrave last night.

Experienced players using teamwork, communication, 99 pocket knives, 13 shotguns, and a GPS map will kick your ass most games.

Only chance you have is to hope the car spawns next to the fuse box.

I would love to see Randy in a live stream with experienced players on Xbox One.

Make him Jason every match. He will quickly learn that nerfing Jason was a mistake. :lol:

A follow up to 3-5. 3. Throwing knives are limited in amount and easily miss. They should do more damage. Jason should not have to toss a shit ton into somebody to gimp them. 

4. Brilliant idea. It would make pocket knives multifaceted. As it is now, everybody tanks for the most part, using medic to screw over Jason's limited traps. 

5. Preach.

Onto the anecdotal stuff. 

When we played the other night, I believe the best a Jason did was 6/8, save for Heartbreakers single sweep. A few of these Jason players are 10/10 best of the best, top tier Jason players. 

You shouldn't invite Randy to play with us. He'd have to reevaluate his life after playing a few games in a row as Jason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I voted for the obvious answer to this question before I read the OP's statements. Encouraging players to quit is just a coward's move in my opinion. If the players call the cops in the first 5 minutes, that's on you. You should have protected the fuse box better. You start off knowing where it is, the counselors have to find it. If you allow Vanessa to kite you for the first 5-10 minutes of a match, that is also on you. Learn when to pull out of a chase, and concentrate on the objectives. Jason is vastly underpowered, we all know that. But quitting because you don't play well is just a dick move. It's not the lobby's fault that you suck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

You're right. I'll save it for people who don't whine like little b!tches and quit when they're beaten. Strange you know so much about "my Jason" when I divulged next to nothing about what I actually do. Giving a crybaby hypothetical solutions isn't emptying my bag. But, you can think that if it makes you feel better about yourself? I'm currently level 137, have platinum'd the game, and have never, ever been "creamed" by any group I've come up against. The best a bunch of whiny, sore losing turds like you and your friends could hope for is me finishing 5/8, which would be me on my worst day, and hardly "creamed".

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

You're right. I'll save it for people who don't whine like little b!tches and quit when they're beaten. Strange you know so much about "my Jason" when I divulged next to nothing about what I actually do. Giving a crybaby hypothetical solutions isn't emptying my bag. But, you can think that if it makes you feel better about yourself? I'm currently level 137, have platinum'd the game, and have never, ever been "creamed" by any group I've come up against. The best a bunch of whiny, sore losing turds like you and your friends could hope for is me finishing 5/8, which would be me on my worst day, and hardly "creamed".

That's because you don't play against good teams, you just queue up Quick Play thinking you're hot shit because you're "undefeated" with Jason in there. Level 137? Watch out guys, we have a level 137 bad-ass here with all of the achievements and a platinum to boot! You know, you remind me of those generic guys that goes to a local gym and thinks they have god's genes pouting around until they actually show up to a body building or a strength competition one day and get blown out of the water in every area. I wouldn't wanna bruise your Jason ego, it may break you.

And I don't quit. Your assumption right there is almost as bad as you thinking you're going to show players who have been living and breathing Jason since the beta days any ground breaking strategies. If I'm in a Quick Play lobby with randoms and the Jason we're up against just so happens to quit, you better be damn right I will give any counselor player an earful about it if they try to shun the Jason player and explain why it's totally acceptable in this terribly balanced version of F13 that Gunmedia has created for Jason due to listening to constant counselor cry babies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsOP said:

Okay, but actually EVERYONE who plays this game is a “counselor player” because you cannot be Jason in every match. And if Jason is too overpowered, then the game basically becomes a lottery and whoever gets Jason would just win everytime. 

The game is tilted on the counselor’s side now but so many people want Jason to be killing 8/8 every game. That’s just as bad.

This is the main reason I’m hesitant to giving Jason the buffs and changes to counselors that people in the forums make. This game is supposed to favor Jason, and yes he is very underpowered, and yes he does need a buff. There will no reason to play a counselor if they gave Jason the ability to ignore pocket knifes in rage, or giving counselors stupid mechanics like tripping and falling. Counselors have a say in these balance issues. Unless you defending Jason, your opinion will never matter. 

I think that Jason needs a buff. But I don't pussy out if the car gets started or the cops get called. I just try to kill as many as possible. In one match I stopped a full car from behind only for the driver to have Grease Monkey and get it started before I could pull him out of it. He left with a full car. I proceeded to hunt down the rest of his group. They were using party chat which isn't technically cheating but I personally feel it is. I killed three of them and chased the last one into a cabin with a long table. The Jenny player kept me busy for awhile. He had a pocket knife. He hit me with the wrench twice. But as the match reached the two minute mark I Shift grabbed him right in front of the fire place. After roasting Jenny alive in her bikini the player came over his microphone and said "I hit you with the wrench so many times. You must have been mad." I replied "It's ok I got you in the end. Just like I said I would." Someone said "What a troll" and the six person group left. My point here is this. If you can't take the flustration of playing Jason then don't play him. He needs a buff. Stick with Counselors untill he gets one.

• Thanks 1