Sign in to follow this  
VenomSymbiote

Way too many pocket knives now.

Since they started putting knives at campfires there's just too damned many. If you want them to spawn at campfires at least remove the number of knives that spawn there from spawning in drawers. Shit's dumb as hell. 

• Like 1

I feel this topic has been done. I think Gun is aware of the imbalance issues it has helped to create. 

I don't disagree. I saw 5 shotguns and 7 pocket knives in one match before. How could counselors not survive that round?? Even surviving for 20 minutes of chasing there. 

However, thinking of how many new players there are against some old pros, maybe they need this buffer for a month to get acquainted with the game's mechanics. Trying to find a silver lining here.

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I feel this topic has been done. I think Gun is aware of the imbalance issues it has helped to create. 

I don't disagree. I saw 5 shotguns and 7 pocket knives in one match before. How could counselors not survive that round?? Even surviving for 20 minutes of chasing there. 

However, thinking of how many new players there are against some old pros, maybe they need this buffer for a month to get acquainted with the game's mechanics. Trying to find a silver lining here.

I dunno. I think new players would gain bad habits from playing with so many crutches. It's bad enough the game mechanics as of now are swayed heavily for counselors, but now they each get two pocket knives and a shotgun. I would HOPE Gun knows how imbalanced the game is now but with their track record, the windows and doors still not working right, Jasons grab and hit boxes being garbage, and Jason 7 still having no decent stats, I just assume they don't give a damn. I'd love to be proven wrong though. 

26 minutes ago, JasonMotherIsTalkingToYou said:

if you didn't see, the reason they added those knives to the campfire is because they wanted it to be fair cause they toned down the amount of knives that spawn in drawers.

Yes they said that but there’s obviously a problem with their patch cause it’s not spreading out pocketknives evenly, there’s actually a lot more spawning in campfires AND cabins. I’m hoping it’s not intentional and they fix this but it’s disappointing to see they don’t play test their own fixes.

I found one sitting on a boathouse shelf last night, and a few rounds before that I found one atop a set of barrels under a gazebo. The only thing more nuts than the knives is the shotguns.

The same match I found the knife in the boathouse, I grabbed a shotgun of the table where I spawned and ran over to shoot Jason with it as he was trapping the car. Then I ran straight to a nearby campsite, grabbed another shotty, and gave him another face full of lead right as he came out of the first shotgun stun. Ran down to the boathouse with Jason in tow where there was a third shotgun sitting next to the boats...BLAM again! Ran up the hill to a different campsite...fourth shotgun to poor Jason's dome, all in the first five minutes of the game. What the actual fuck?

1 hour ago, doitagain said:

Yes they said that but there’s obviously a problem with their patch cause it’s not spreading out pocketknives evenly, there’s actually a lot more spawning in campfires AND cabins. I’m hoping it’s not intentional and they fix this but it’s disappointing to see they don’t play test their own fixes.

I'm not seeing the same thing you are then. I rarely get anything other than maps and walkies in cabins, and rarely I will find a pocketknife. Otherwise, I will run to a campfire for a pocketknife and med spray (hoping that they are there).

Pocket knives can run up to a total of 8(including Tommy). Its ridiculous. 

Its been very common for me to find at least 1 pocket knive. 2 is not out of the ordinary.

Maybe it's a bug. They intended for less but accidentally flipped the switch in the wrong direction. 

I got $20 on them saying something like that in the next patch notes.