PurpleFloyd

No Offline Counsellor Mode? ...

Finally took the shrink wrap off the game yesterday and played it for the first time.  Started with online just to see how it all works. Didn't take too long to find a game. I was pretty useless though so moved on to the offline modes to get some practice ...

... I was a bit surprised to find that you can only play as Jason offline.  Are offline counsellors going to be added at a later date or is this the extent of the offline mode?  It would be really useful to be able to practice with the counsellors so we're not complete noobs when it comes to online.

Making a Jason AI is much harder than counselor AI. You can get 8/8 offline in 5 mins if you are lucky with their pathfinding issues. now imagine a Jason AI with a pathfinding that bad.... 

It´s too much work for the manpower they have at the moment, they said it´s not on their list right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Finally took the shrink wrap off the game yesterday and played it for the first time.  Started with online just to see how it all works. Didn't take too long to find a game. I was pretty useless though so moved on to the offline modes to get some practice ...

... I was a bit surprised to find that you can only play as Jason offline.  Are offline counsellors going to be added at a later date or is this the extent of the offline mode?  It would be really useful to be able to practice with the counsellors so we're not complete noobs when it comes to online.

The best AI vs. Player experience I ever encountered was the Alien AI in Alien: Isolation. It was extremely smart. But that AI took four years to devise. Friday The 13th The Game was never created with single player in mind. Therefore you most likely will never get a Councilor vs Jason single player experience.

• Like 1

eh, I don't think they need off line counselor mode to be honest. Maybe a better in game "how to play" would a better idea for Counselors.. Just a quick 10 minute thing of this is how you run, this is how you place a trap, this is how... you get the idea. ... this is all optional of course and if you complete it you get to roll for a better then normal perk as a reward.

Other then that, join a community for your platform, PS4, Xbox and steam all have communities for players.. Ask for some help, and get a few people in a private match.. have one of them tag along with you and show you the ropes. I've done this plenty of times for new players on the Ps4 as a counselor and then dying on purpose to help them with Jason.

Cheers for the tips ... I'll have a look in to that on the weekend.

Be nice to have offline counsellors for the day when the servers die to though ... maybe that'll happen down the line

Online will not last forever,like all multiplayer games it will fade in time then where will the game be,you can only play it for so long cause it gets boring after a time..??

We will need offline councillors sometime,I don't like playing as jason anyway,I find him too hard to play,councillors are better,this game is the classic hide and seek game you played in the playground, just with gore.. :D

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spanner said:

Online will not last forever,like all multiplayer games it will fade in time then where will the game be,you can only play it for so long cause it gets boring after a time..??

We will need offline councillors sometime,I don't like playing as jason anyway,I find him too hard to play,councillors are better,this game is the classic hide and seek game you played in the playground, just with gore.. :D

You need to play as Jason online more and not give up easily, it will sharpen you.

I don't play online,i don't like player vs player games,due to my learning disability.I already have a hard time playing video games as is.I'm glad we have an offline Jason mode,but i still hope we get an offline counselor mode one day.I'd rather have that than an online mode,but,to each their own.

2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

You need to play as Jason online more and not give up easily, it will sharpen you.

I agree. Keep trying,  don't worry how many councilors you get or what anybody else thinks, you will get better the more you play. 

What platform are you on?  If PS4 I'll gladly go into a private and give you some pointers.  

9 hours ago, spanner said:

I agree. In the hopefully distant future, when the servers for online play get shut down, we could have an offline counselor mode.

They mention a sandbox mode of some sort as an idea in the future. It doesn't mean your playing against a Jason bot however.

I agree that they need something for offline counselor mode. Online gaming don't last forever.

I'd love to see a sandbox mode with just the map and objectives as a tutorial. Many of us had never had the chance to learn to operate the car.

1 hour ago, Loading said:

Online gaming don't last forever.

Tell WoW that! :lol:

Seriously though, I would like to be able to play offline against Jason in this game some day if they actually get the AI fixed. I've played against enough potato-headed Jasons online, I don't need that in single player as well.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:10 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

That would be great for those who just got the game to try out the mechanics and get the feel of the game .But sadly ,Gun stated that the Jason A.I would be hard to create .

3 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

That would be great for those who just got the game to try out the mechanics and get the feel of the game .But sadly ,Gun stated that the Jason A.I would be hard to create .

You mean it would be hard for Gun Media.