Sign in to follow this  
WashingtonJones

Jason 7 "Candy Dispenser" kill needs tweaking

@wes @[IllFonic]Courier @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben

Just bought the new kill pack and the Candy Dispenser is a little lackluster.

The first couple of times I did it, I couldn't really tell what was supposed to be happening as he did the palmstrike. Did he push them over? Did he knock their head off? A lot of times the head falls too close with the body and you only notice that it comes off when you see it roll away.

Something needs to heighten the excitement and tragedy of it.

Maybe he can palmstrike the counselor's chin, clearly having the head come off first and the body fall a second later.

Or he can palmstrike their chest and have the head flip back around and fall off in front of the body as the body falls backwards.

And, in combination, could the counselors not just drop and sway their arms like that after the machete strike. They could either keep them up in the "stop" position, that they go into after Jason releases his grab, or start moving their hands up towards their throat as Jason hits the palmstrike.

If that can't be fixed then....

...and 99 cents. :P

I love the other 2 kills though and the bots and the whole game and all you've done for us already and plan on doing.

Thank you!

On 12/29/2017 at 8:52 AM, WashingtonJones said:

@wes @[IllFonic]Courier @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben

Just bought the new kill pack and the Candy Dispenser is a little lackluster.

The first couple of times I did it, I couldn't really tell what was supposed to be happening as he did the palmstrike. Did he push them over? Did he knock their head off? A lot of times the head falls too close with the body and you only notice that it comes off when you see it roll away.

Something needs to heighten the excitement and tragedy of it.

Maybe he can palmstrike the counselor's chin, clearly having the head come off first and the body fall a second later.

Or he can palmstrike their chest and have the head flip back around and fall off in front of the body as the body falls backwards.

And, in combination, could the counselors not just drop and sway their arms like that after the machete strike. They could either keep them up in the "stop" position, that they go into after Jason releases his grab, or start moving their hands up towards their throat as Jason hits the palmstrike.

If that can't be fixed then....

...and 99 cents. :P

I love the other 2 kills though and the bots and the whole game and all you've done for us already and plan on doing.

Thank you!

The issue primarily isn't the animation. Its the graphical fidelity. For this kill to me far more impactful, we should see the throat of the counselor open, see the head tilt backwards, hanging only by the remaining intact skin, we should see the bone and all that gory stuff, and then have Jason knock the remaining head off with his palm in a gory finale. 

But the games gore isn't too good in portraying that level of mutilation. Its got good dismemberment but thats about it for the time being. 

Witcher 3's gore does what you want right. Moment you cut a drowner and get a gore kill you see the stomach open and you can see the guts inside. Theres even a gore mod that allows those internal meshes to fall out. And so on and so forth. 

The graphics hold the game back :)  

• Like 2

Yeah I was a little underwhelmed with this kill too. I think it's to do with the graphical fidelity (or lack thereof).

Speaking of decapitation, does anyone think Jason should have the option to carry counselors' severed limbs / heads once he's dispatched them?

1 minute ago, Poormetheus said:

Yeah I was a little underwhelmed with this kill too. I think it's to do with the graphical fidelity (or lack thereof).

Speaking of decapitation, does anyone think Jason should have the option to carry counselors' severed limbs / heads once he's dispatched them?

OMG, Yes....Please!