Sign in to follow this  
Jawbone

Alternate Timelines/ Universes *Spoilers*

So in the movies after The Final Friday the lore splits into three possible timelines. The game's suggested timeline where Jason becomes a demonic wraith ala Savini instead of Freddy reviving him. The VS timeline where Freddy resurrects him. The X timeline where Jason goes into space.

We can only hope the devs continue to play out the Savini timeline for more possible content.

The VS timeline is very likely to never happen because of rights issues.

The X timeline where the game is heading next. So we aren't getting non mecha Jason for some reason unless possibly as an alt skin for the iteration they are going with. This made me ponder his pre mecha appearance deeply as he doesn't seem to be undead at all. That being said he still heavily resembles a Jason that has been through the movie timeline with all the visible damage such as the axe strike wound, a scar across his temple to his eye from the a machete, his left shoulder clothing seems to be heavily damaged implying multiple machete strikes, his multiple gunshot wounds, his chemically scarred face, his neck chain and mask jaw damage.

So that makes me wonder if X timeline models could be created for all previous versions of Jason/counselors or make maps slightly different and call them X timeline maps.

I believe the game timeline forks in a slightly different direction, I think the game timeline is Jason becomes a retarded fuckwit who gets beaten up by Scooby-Doo teenagers with baseball bats, while he stumbles around like a drunken oaf for many years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I believe the game timeline forks in a slightly different direction, I think the game timeline is Jason becomes a retarded fuckwit who gets beaten up by Scooby-Doo teenagers with baseball bats, while he stumbles around like a drunken oaf for many years. 

I believe that's the part 3 timeline.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I believe that's the part 3 timeline.

:D:D

You should probably go back and watch Part 3 then. Or are you talking about the Michael Memers Director's Cut...where the entire cast get suited, booted, strapped... and smash Jason with shotguns and bats? :D

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

:D:D

You should probably go back and watch Part 3 then. Or are you talking about the Michael Memers Director's Cut...where the entire cast get suited, booted, strapped... and smash Jason with shotguns and bats? :D

It's just Chris who beats him up over and over again and makes a fool of him. That's no doubt why he is the only Jason with poor stun resistance. No other incarnation of Jason was pushed around as much.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's just Chris who beats him up over and over again and makes a fool of him. That's no doubt why he is the only Jason with poor stun resistance. No other incarnation of Jason was pushed around as much.

Haha yeah he did smashed up by Chris! Just bantering! ;) 

7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

J was still getting used to his cool new mask and the strange visibility of seeing out of both eyes.

He gets a pass. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Haha yeah he did smashed up by Chris! Just bantering! ;) 

Let's cut the retard a little slack, it's not his fault that his game was off a bit. He had just lost him home, his mom, his sack, and got a machete buried in his shoulder just the previous night. :D

I wasn't a big fan of Booker Jason. He was so lackadaisical in that movie that he didn't really cared about going after Chris.

Ted White Jason was superior. He was going full speed at Trish. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

No other incarnation of Jason was pushed around as much.

*cough* part 2 *cough*

With how Jason plays in this game it feels like its following the idea that was toyed with in Part 5 and the Jarvis tapes, it feels like the game is following the idea that each Jason isnt actually Jason, but some random psychopath who puts on the mask and essentially "Becomes" Jason in character, as if the mask makes them act and behave like Jason due to how their mind operates. It does explain why he can get knocked out by a small dorky asian girl in glasses with a wrench at least xD

14 hours ago, Loading said:

I wasn't a big fan of Booker Jason. He was so lackadaisical in that movie that he didn't really cared about going after Chris.

Ted White Jason was superior. He was going full speed at Trish. 

Too long to write again, but find the thread about “favorite Jasons.” 

I wrote about Booker and why he played the part the way he did. I think you’ll have a second opinion of him afterward.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:34 AM, Jawbone said:

So in the movies after The Final Friday the lore splits into three possible timelines. The game's suggested timeline where Jason becomes a demonic wraith ala Savini instead of Freddy reviving him. The VS timeline where Freddy resurrects him. The X timeline where Jason goes into space.

We can only hope the devs continue to play out the Savini timeline for more possible content.

The VS timeline is very likely to never happen because of rights issues.

The X timeline where the game is heading next. So we aren't getting non mecha Jason for some reason unless possibly as an alt skin for the iteration they are going with. This made me ponder his pre mecha appearance deeply as he doesn't seem to be undead at all. That being said he still heavily resembles a Jason that has been through the movie timeline with all the visible damage such as the axe strike wound, a scar across his temple to his eye from the a machete, his left shoulder clothing seems to be heavily damaged implying multiple machete strikes, his multiple gunshot wounds, his chemically scarred face, his neck chain and mask jaw damage.

So that makes me wonder if X timeline models could be created for all previous versions of Jason/counselors or make maps slightly different and call them X timeline maps.

I always considered Part 9 to be its own thing too tho. Part 1-8 connects to each other pretty well, but then after that the movies don’t seem to give a shit about the previous entry. Obviously it’s after Part 8 when Paramount sold the rights of the Jason character to New Linw Cinema and that’s also why the movies ended up dropping the Friday the 13th title. So I know that has something to do with it but still annoying in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Too long to write again, but find the thread about “favorite Jasons.” 

I wrote about Booker and why he played the part the way he did. I think you’ll have a second opinion of him afterward.

If its because he is a devoted Christian and hates horror movies then that's not a good reason for me to buy.

He has the perfect build but personally I do not like his mannerism in the movie. He was a lazy killer who hide in the barn too much and didn't give a shit. Kills Vera at the dock and does his lazy man casual stroll back into hiding. He does that a lot making him look bored out of his mind.

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2017 at 12:30 PM, Loading said:

If its because he is a devoted Christian and hates horror movies then that's not a good reason for me to buy.

He has the perfect build but personally I do not like his mannerism in the movie. He was a lazy killer who hide in the barn too much and didn't give a shit. Kills Vera at the dock and does his lazy man casual stroll back into hiding. He does that a lot making him look bored out of his mind.

He’s an actor who did what the writers told him to do. Remember, the “bad-ass” “bad boy” aggro Jason didn’t start until Part 6 with CJ because of public backlash of what a cheap shot Roy was. So they gave the people what they wanted and then some.

Jason is still conflicted with his attachment to humanity to some degree in 2 and 3. I think Brooker played that out perfectly. Jason wasn’t yet a psychotic wrecking ball, but still just an aggrievated man wanting the teens off his campsite.

Jason is still conflicted with his attachment to humanity to some degree in 2 and 3. I think Brooker played that out perfectly. Jason wasn’t yet a psychotic wrecking ball, but still just an aggrievated man wanting the teens off his campsite.

Basically the horror movie equivalent of these damn kids need to stay off my lawn