Sign in to follow this  
Rexfellis

Hatchet trilogy. What's not to love?

I may be a bit biased since I live in the New Orleans area, but I think the Hatchet movies are great. Of course, it is a bit of a satire, but the throwbacks to 80s horror is just awesome in my opinion. Plus, you have Kane Hodder as the killer, Candy man himself, Tony Todd as Rev. Zombie, Robert Englund as the dad, and Danielle Harris in the sequels as well as Leatherface and the writer/director of Child's Play, Tom Holland. I'll be honest, this is one of my favorite horror trilogies ever. The practical effects were awesome as well.

Anyone else love this series?

2 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I’ll love anything Danielle Harris is in.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Whoa Ted! I know you're drunk, but back up off my woman!! 😂🤣😂 I know what you're saying man. Not only is she hot, she's been great in every role she's played.

• Like 1

The first one had the perfect amount of hunor, cameos, gore and suspense to make it a fun thrill ride with homage to the slashers we all grew up with. 

6 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Whoa Ted! I know you're drunk, but back up off my woman!! 😂🤣😂 I know what you're saying man. Not only is she hot, she's been great in every role she's played.

Even the Five Finger Death Punch Video she was in! Wonder why they picked her for the role? Someone in the band must be a big horror fan.

• Like 1

I have such a love for the Hatchet films (and Danielle Harris. Meeting her was one of the greatest days of my life).
I remember the day I first saw Hatchet, I was really sick and had to stay home from school and I was flipping through the movie channels and Hatchet had literally just started. It was like a year after it came out I think. I had the best time watching it and I think it's one of those movies that's fun to watch over and over lol. The sequels too!

Did anyone manage to catch a screening of Victor Crowley? I was so pissed that I had to miss out on seeing it here in Salem. Adam Green was even there! I can't wait for the DVD and On Demand release. I've heard great things.

On 29.12.2017 at 9:48 AM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I’ll love anything Danielle Harris is in.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

I love her too, sh's HOT.

Too bad she plays in TERRIBLE films.

Hatchet was horrible crap.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:24 AM, CxVEN said:

Did anyone manage to catch a screening of Victor Crowley? I was so pissed that I had to miss out on seeing it here in Salem. Adam Green was even there! I can't wait for the DVD and On Demand release. I've heard great things.

I did when it came close to where I live. It was really good. It had everything I loved about the original trilogy without feeling old and rehashed.

That's great to hear! I look forward to seeing it when I get my hands on the blu-ray.

I love the movies. They are like little love letters to the slasher genre and the Unrated versions are what i would love to see from a friday the 13th these days. The second and third are horribly censored in Germany, but i bought them in the netherlands :P

On 12/30/2017 at 2:10 AM, bewareofbears said:

I enjoyed them but found them mostly unmemorable. 

This is exactly what I felt watching the films. I don't really feel they had much of a memory in my horror book.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, TiffanyCox said:

This is exactly what I felt watching the films. I don't really feel they had much of a memory in my horror book.

Exactly this ... I keep forgetting about them, so they can't have made much impression on me. In fact, casting my mind back to when the first one came out I recall being quite disappointed in it.