I really wish the emotes were never added and would love to see them taken out of the game. I've never seen anyone use them to actually communicate, only seen counselors dancing around like idiots to taunt Jason and make him look like an even bigger bitch than he already is now. Standing in front of the cops dancing, knock Jason down and dance on him, a couple Bugzys tag teaming Jason while everyone stands around dancing, Jason stuck in a trap in front of a douche dancing. 

I just feel that it makes this game feel even more like the joke that the devs are trying to avoid it being seen as. Anyone else have an opinion on this? I don't think they'll actually be taken out of the game and that's fine, just curious if I'm not the only one who does a huge eye roll every time I see it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 4

I’ve seen less dancing since Jason players have been slashing more.

Hopefully the emotes slowly fade away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think the emotes are fine, what we need to focus on are the players leaving and teaming with Jason. Emotes are just fine. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Sounds like someone has been getting trolled as Jason a lot lately and is a little sour grapes tbh

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Sounds like someone has been getting trolled as Jason a lot lately and is a little sour grapes tbh

Actually I haven't played as Jason in a while because I wanted to get me some of them sweet sweet tapes, but while spectating I have seen it in great abundance. And I could be wrong but I think the dancing emotes are the only ones I've ever seen anyone use.

• Like 2

Just now, PrincessTiffany said:

The DLC emotes are fun and great. The original ones need to have voice.

Who are you to say that the DLC emotes are great?! Nah jk. But they're pretty bad.

7 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Who are you to say that the DLC emotes are great?! Nah jk. But they're pretty bad.

They are great, I bought them. I think yoy should be thankful it is a DLC, so you don't have it in your game. :')

57 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

And I could be wrong but I think the dancing emotes are the only ones I've ever seen anyone use.

I use the standard emotes when taunting Jason, usually a big thumbs-up while he's laid out on his back or a come here when he's hanging back. Giving Gun money for DLC is just not something I even remotely want to do (though I am ashamed to admit I bought the Part 4 kill pack, because throat slit and kneecapper are fast/low space kills).

2 hours ago, PrincessTiffany said:

They are great, I bought them. I think yoy should be thankful it is a DLC, so you don't have it in your game. :')

I’ve seen other people say this as well and I’m totally baffled.  This argument would only work if it were a single player game.  The issue is having to watch other people use them.  I wish that not having the DLC meant I didn’t have to watch other fools dancing around dressed like slutty devils.  Instead, they’ve made the game lose all sense of immersion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I agree they need to go.  Emotes ruined the immersion of this as a survival horror game.  Anyone who wants more costumes and emotes are the reason why this game is where it is now.  A casual friendly co-op dress up dance party game featuring Jason.  It's no longer a survival horror game which is why the game is so heavily balanced in favor of the counselor.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Hate to tell you, but they won’t ever just remove the emotes from the game. Not only did they seem to work hard on animating them, but people have spent money on them. They aren’t going to (pretty sure they can’t) refund that. 

People love to complain about the Halloween costumes and emotes breaking immersion, but it’s pointless. They can’t just get rid of them now that it’s been purchased.

• Like 1

I like the emotes, if you don't like them then don't use them, but don't ruin it for the rest of us by asking to get rid of them.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, daveliam said:

I’ve seen other people say this as well and I’m totally baffled.  This argument would only work if it were a single player game.  The issue is having to watch other people use them.  I wish that not having the DLC meant I didn’t have to watch other fools dancing around dressed like slutty devils.  Instead, they’ve made the game lose all sense of immersion.  

Ok but this is a game, where people invested money to enjoy. Money that goes into the game. No ones asking you to buy the emotes, are they? No, they're having fun with slutty Tiffany costumes, which I love, and taunting Jason which is fun to do. Let me remind you, this is a game.

5 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Love the emotes.   New dances please!

I want to twerk in front of stunned Jasons just for the fun of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tiffany said:

large_jQLoOPwNxyILwDbdhn9DsfQz0Sg.jpg

latest?cb=20150313113102

Now imagine if we had the dance emotes during the roof glitch. :lol:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Ok but this is a game, where people invested money to enjoy. Money that goes into the game. No ones asking you to buy the emotes, are they? No, they're having fun with slutty Tiffany costumes, which I love, and taunting Jason which is fun to do. Let me remind you, this is a game.

I want to twerk in front of stunned Jasons just for the fun of it. 

Right.  And let me remind YOU that emotes and fuzzy bunny costumes weren’t part of the Kickstarter campaign that I invested money in.  I paid money for a survival horror game.  Not for a toga dance party simulator.  But because people like you want to twerk in front of Jason, the rest of us lose the experience that we paid our good money for.  And, again, I don’t give a shit if I don’t have to spend money on the emotes.  I’m not complaining that the emotes cost money.  I’m complaining that the emotes and costumes are forced onto us whether we paid for them or not.  Not paying for them doesn’t stop me from having to see them or sit through a five minute juke-dance-juke-dance party in front of the cops after I’ve already escaped.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

I agree they need to go.  Emotes ruined the immersion of this as a survival horror game.  Anyone who wants more costumes and emotes are the reason why this game is where it is now.  A casual friendly co-op dress up dance party game featuring Jason.  It's no longer a survival horror game which is why the game is so heavily balanced in favor of the counselor.  

This man speaks the truth 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, daveliam said:

Right.  And let me remind YOU that emotes and fuzzy bunny costumes weren’t part of the Kickstarter campaign that I invested money in.  I paid money for a survival horror game.  Not for a toga dance party simulator.  But because people like you want to twerk in front of Jason, the rest of us lose the experience that we paid our good money for.  And, again, I don’t give a shit if I don’t have to spend money on the emotes.  I’m not complaining that the emotes cost money.  I’m complaining that the emotes and costumes are forced onto us whether we paid for them or not.  Not paying for them doesn’t stop me from having to see them or sit through a five minute juke-dance-juke-dance party in front of the cops after I’ve already escaped.  

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Thanks 1

I don't like emotes in general in most games. The ONLY exception was City of Heroes (old superhero MMO) that had costume change emotes. They were so awesome and wonderfully immersive...so I guess it would be more accurate to say I do enjoy emotes as long as they're relevant.

For the people that enjoy them...why? Honest question. There really is no wrong answer. I'm just curious at what the appeal is.

I wonder if a horror themed emote exists...what would it look like? Would people like them then?

ya know, I hated the dancing emotes at first and I still hate those who stand there and fucking dance at the police, wasting the time of us that are watching. But i'll do some sweet chad dance moves if I am in a cabin killing time or waiting for someone, but I'll never taunt Jason with it or teabag Jason. I think teabagging Jason is basically a shitty thing a player can do and a douche bag move.

3 hours ago, daveliam said:

BOoooo Freakin Hoooo.. "Imakickstartersupporter and i don't like emotes and costume'.

Well i personally don't care about emotes and costumes..  It simply gives the game more life.    And to Jason, costumes are just different flavors of people to kill.  Emotes don't matter at all,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, daveliam said:

Play offline, problem solved.

@Hell Toupee Get over it. They paid for those emotes, let them use them as they wish. If it bothers you that much, see above^

• Like 8