Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

You know, role playing is not an illness, it may even be more fun than trolling other... RP and respect of other players was kind of a thing back in the days.

Oh, I wasn’t referring to you. I mean the people who’re this upset over costumes and emotes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get some like-minded friend players and avoid public lobbies. Easy solution.

People were goofing around even without emotes and costumes. I do not know what game you were playing, but the "immersion" was broken long before emotes and costume packs. Public matches are and always were unpredictable at best and just a total mess of people doing everything BUT the objectives and being downright silly.

Look at DBD, the matches are extremely short and there are no "distractions" or silly emotes, but people still find ways to goof around or sandbag others etc. If the matches were longer and there was more stuff to do like in F13th, people would be goofing around even more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Survival said:

 

People were goofing around even without emotes and costumes. I do not know what game you were playing, but the "immersion" was broken long before emotes and costume packs. Public matches are and always were unpredictable at best and just a total mess of people doing everything BUT the objectives and being downright silly.

 

Ladies and Gentlemen this chap has just founded the new word we shall now use for people using emotes deemed irresponsible for ruining in-game immersion. Forever more you will now be known as 'Goofers' - You know who you are! (myself included).

'Stop griefing you Goofer!'

vp-us-lc-library-gopher-facts-lg

No! I did not say Gopher! There is no resemblance - well maybe apart from the big grin on the faces of those using the emotes maybe...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really fun to read, so thanks to all involved. I don't have a popcorn eating gif, but if I did I would use it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I belong in the party pooper group I guess. I really despise the dancing emotes. They're pointless, unfunny and their ONLY use is to troll Jason. It's downright embarrassing they're in this game and are a part of the reason I quit playing. The costumes I'm 50/50 on.  If they released actual clothing or counselor uniforms I'd be all for that. The first emotes while I thought were stupid, at least were intended to serve a purpose but were too cumbersome to use. If they could have been used on the fly without having to cycle through the wheel it would have made more sense, but the controller mapping didn't allow for that.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even as a counselor I can't stand wonder woman costumes and dancing . . . I purposely leave any cabin with these people inside even if it puts me in more danger of getting axed.

7 hours ago, Survival said:

Get some like-minded friend players and avoid public lobbies. Easy solution.

What he said is, at this juncture, the best solution for players like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only emotes that i agree with are the ones that actually communicate with people, those dancing ones are annoying as hell, i'm getting sick of seeing trolls dancing the whole match and making everyone wait at the end of the game instead of just escaping to the cops.

i'm taking a break from public matches for awhile, i had enough of that dancing bs last night, at least bots act more like counsellors in the movies even if they are a bit stupider 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see some people here defending emotes/costumes by making comparison to the movies with comments like "Most of the horror movies always had teens dancing or dressing up silly" or "The Friday The 13th was never scary to begin with." In regards to that.

Friday the 13th was not a perfect trilogy in general, but I'm certain some of the movies(like Part 1 for a good example) shared a great deal of scary moments accounted by other long time fans. Most of the victims from the movies that encountered Jason were scared and that's the idea here, you're suppose to be stepping into their shoes and experience their fear. Also, just because you had one non scary scenario from a movie, that should not automatically equal another non scary scenario into a horror game. Mind you, a horror game that's aiming to be a survival horror experience.

If this game had a single player type of story mode, you want throw in the dancing/costumes into the mix? Knock yourselves out, that makes sense, because the movies with a story did that. It comes across somewhat excusable because since it ran with a full plot, it had time to make up for different acts to be scary. The multiplayer is not like that, it's centered around on only one act of a film. 

I guess the best way for me to put this, it's like watch many alternate versions of the final chases with Alice, Ginny or Chris wearing different costumes or doing new dances in certain film reels. It should be different film reels that ditches all of that and the director should only focus on the horror aspect.

"Oh but it's not that serious, costumes/emotes are here for people to enjoy and have fun with them, get over it."

As if waiting for a long time just to proceed into the next game wasn't bad enough, I have to put up with that while watching Jason chase a bunny, Wonder Vanessa getting more chances at surviving, or the Devil Tiffany player is so confident and cocky, he or she has to dance, all this, while putting the lobby on lock down.

Sorry, that's just not my idea of fun. It's completely redundant is what it is. So not only it ruins immersion, it's incompetent to valuable gaming time. It's a good few legitimate reasons why they should both go away.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I see some people here defending emotes/costumes by making comparison to the movies with comments like "Most of the horror movies always had teens dancing or dressing up silly" or "The Friday The 13th was never scary to begin with." In regards to that.

Friday the 13th was not a perfect trilogy in general, but I'm certain some of the movies(like Part 1 for a good example) shared a great deal of scary moments accounted by other long time fans. Most of the victims from the movies that encountered Jason were scared and that's the idea here, you're suppose to be stepping into their shoes and experience their fear. Also, just because you had one non scary scenario from a movie, that should not automatically equal another non scary scenario into a horror game. Mind you, a horror game that's aiming to be a survival horror experience.

If this game had a single player type of story mode, you want throw in the dancing/costumes into the mix? Knock yourselves out, that makes sense, because the movies with a story did that. It comes across somewhat excusable because since it ran with a full plot, it had time to make up for different acts to be scary. The multiplayer is not like that, it's centered around on only one act of a film. 

I guess the best way for me to put this, it's like watch many alternate versions of the final chases with Alice, Ginny or Chris wearing different costumes or doing new dances in certain film reels. It should be different film reels that ditches all of that and the director should only focus on the horror aspect.

"Oh but it's not that serious, costumes/emotes are here for people to enjoy and have fun with them, get over it."

As if waiting for a long time just to proceed into the next game wasn't bad enough, I have to put up with that while watching Jason chase a bunny, Wonder Vanessa getting more chances at surviving, or the Devil Tiffany player is so confident and cocky, he or she has to dance, all this, while putting the lobby on lock down.

Sorry, that's just not my idea of fun. It's completely redundant is what it is. So not only it ruins immersion, it's incompetent to valuable gaming time. It's a good few legitimate reasons why they should both go away.

This game wasn't scary to begin with, even before all the costumes and emotes. I wish it would be but blaming the emotes and costumes so much for it not being scary is redundant.

There is ALWAYS going to be trolling in a video game. 

That's a simple fact that it seems like some of the people in this thread are ignoring.

At the end of the day this is a video game after all. 

If you are allowing costumes and emotes to ruin your 'valuable' game time, then that is your issue. 

What can I say, sorry that I like the emotes and costumes I, keyword, I paid for? Hell no

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk man- so many games these days have dancing emotes and costumes, I've just grown accustomed to them.  I can see how DLC like this kills the immersion of the game for some.  Maybe another toggable setting for private matches?  Emotes: ON/OFF?   That'll be a stretch since they are paid DLC, but a suggestion nonetheless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

Idk man- so many games these days have dancing emotes and costumes, I've just grown accustomed to them.

Call Of Duty WW2, Killing Floor 2, Destiny 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Overwatch and others.

Crazy emotes and outfits are not leaving anytime soon. Same thing for loot boxes. 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Call Of Duty WW2, Killing Floor 2, Destiny 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Overwatch and others.

Crazy emotes and outfits are not leaving anytime soon. Same thing for loot boxes. 😄 

At least Jason isn't tossing a dead corps onto the table cutting them open and getting cards. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything started to go down when CoD added dabbing emotes. 

Emotes are easy cash grabs for illfonic so that’s why they’re here. 

Trolls love the emote tea-bagging when Jason is stunned.

 

I don’t waste money on kills or emotes but I cannot demand others to do the same so I tolerate trolls being stupid trolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m at the point now where I’ll only play a round if I’m the host and if anyone is dancing at the exit to the cops for more than 15 seconds, I just end the damn game. I couldn’t care less about any lost XP. I hate those douchebags.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mikeyhorror said:

I’m at the point now where I’ll only play a round if I’m the host and if anyone is dancing at the exit to the cops for more than 15 seconds, I just end the damn game. I couldn’t care less about any lost XP. I hate those douchebags.

Calm down, lol. It can get annoying if counselor's are just dancing around and wasting time, but I rarely see that happen (could be that it is very rare that anyone gets the cops called when I play though). I don't come across many people with the dance emotes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronKnight55 said:

Calm down, lol. It can get annoying if counselor's are just dancing around and wasting time, but I rarely see that happen (could be that it is very rare that anyone gets the cops called when I play though). I don't come across many people with the dance emotes. 

I see it constantly and it’s incredibly annoying. I’m not going to sit there and watch those idiots dance for 7 or 8 minutes just to get the XP. Once you hit 44, XP is meaningless anyway. What does it get you pass that? A different colored shirt for your character? Pfft. I’ll live.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I see some people here defending emotes/costumes by making comparison to the movies with comments like "Most of the horror movies always had teens dancing or dressing up silly" or "The Friday The 13th was never scary to begin with." In regards to that.

Friday the 13th was not a perfect trilogy in general, but I'm certain some of the movies(like Part 1 for a good example) shared a great deal of scary moments accounted by other long time fans. Most of the victims from the movies that encountered Jason were scared and that's the idea here, you're suppose to be stepping into their shoes and experience their fear. Also, just because you had one non scary scenario from a movie, that should not automatically equal another non scary scenario into a horror game. Mind you, a horror game that's aiming to be a survival horror experience.

If this game had a single player type of story mode, you want throw in the dancing/costumes into the mix? Knock yourselves out, that makes sense, because the movies with a story did that. It comes across somewhat excusable because since it ran with a full plot, it had time to make up for different acts to be scary. The multiplayer is not like that, it's centered around on only one act of a film. 

I guess the best way for me to put this, it's like watch many alternate versions of the final chases with Alice, Ginny or Chris wearing different costumes or doing new dances in certain film reels. It should be different film reels that ditches all of that and the director should only focus on the horror aspect.

"Oh but it's not that serious, costumes/emotes are here for people to enjoy and have fun with them, get over it."

As if waiting for a long time just to proceed into the next game wasn't bad enough, I have to put up with that while watching Jason chase a bunny, Wonder Vanessa getting more chances at surviving, or the Devil Tiffany player is so confident and cocky, he or she has to dance, all this, while putting the lobby on lock down.

Sorry, that's just not my idea of fun. It's completely redundant is what it is. So not only it ruins immersion, it's incompetent to valuable gaming time. It's a good few legitimate reasons why they should both go away.

Well said sir, well said! 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 9:08 AM, Truth said:

Play offline, problem solved.

@Hell Toupee Get over it. They paid for those emotes, let them use them as they wish. If it bothers you that much, see above^

As  backer myself I will buy anything they put out for the game because I believe in the game  but please let everyone have their own  experiences. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gummybish said:

This game wasn't scary to begin with, even before all the costumes and emotes. I wish it would be but blaming the emotes and costumes so much for it not being scary is redundant.

There is ALWAYS going to be trolling in a video game. 

That's a simple fact that it seems like some of the people in this thread are ignoring.

At the end of the day this is a video game after all. 

If you are allowing costumes and emotes to ruin your 'valuable' game time, then that is your issue. 

What can I say, sorry that I like the emotes and costumes I, keyword, I paid for? Hell no

It may not have been scary for you or seem scary at first glance, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a joke either to begin with. During the launch period, I can tell you for certain that I've had terrifying moments when Jason was closing in on me. I'm sure a lot of others felt the same. Even if the horror wasn't there, it doesn't mean you have to make everything worse instead of improving. 

I know there's always going to be trolling in video games, but you're talking about situations that are game play related, which is something completely different. I'm talking about the atmosphere as a whole. Costumes/Emotes are not trolling tools. Now, like someone in this thread mentioned it best, you can say it encourages trolling or call it troll bait, but they are not weapons to ruin a mechanic or exploit the game for the purpose of trolling.

It's my issue how? Just a reminder, no one knew stuff like this was going to be included when the game first came out, but still, it's my fault I paid for a survival horror game, when I should've known better to expect something like this? Dealing with a cartoon show all day? I never had complaints like this whenever I played something like GTA. You want to know why? Because I know what I expected when I bought that type of game. 

You buying the emotes/costumes isn't the problem. Backing ideas like this is. At the end of the day, that is only going to encourage game developers to make dumb decisions down the road. Another thing you and most of others here don't realize, you think because it's DLC to purchase, that makes it an optional choice for us, like we have a free will to avoid it, but we don't, we're still force to witness to it.

I don't blame others for wanting them gone, I certainly do after what I experience. However, out of respect for those that already paid for them. I can only hope it's removed to a certain degree, like leaving them as optional choices before starting the game or something for a single player mode like I mentioned before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the survival horror games I've played give you costumes for finishing a play through with different requirements or on higher difficulty levels.  

Fatal Frame 2 and 3 had maid costumes and kimonos. 

Silent Hill 3 let you dress up Heather in different T shirts or even as an anime character. 4 was pretty forgettable and I can't remember the name of the girl in the stupidly long escort mission but it let me choose her dress. 

Haunting Ground gave Fiona and her dog new looks, exactly the same for Rule of Rose. 

Resident Evil let me dress Leon like a mobster... I'm sure I could name more if I wanted to. I guess an argument could be made that those costumes were earned in single player games, but it's kinda silly seeing people claim they ruin the atmosphere when I've been jump scared and freaked out while dresed as everything from a dominatrix to a frog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the ppl who only want to play as Jason every single round & be a terrifying killer all the time who complain about emotes/costumes.  I don't know how many times I hear some little kid saying "if I'm pickedas Jason, I'm gonna kill everybody!!" Yeah right gimme a break  

I understand they need to fix Jason as he's a punching bag nowadays but I like having fun playing games online & dancing, emotes, plus costumes have delivered that! 

I think it's time for Illphonic to sell us some more dancing emotes, I'll buy them instantly lol. Let me see how much that angers folks on here. 

I like playing as Jason but I'm actually bored of playing him all the time. How many times can you do the same kills over n over? Then it's frustrating now & all the pressure that's on you to watch the objectives.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 5:18 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

"Oh but it's not that serious, costumes/emotes are here for people to enjoy and have fun with them, get over it."

As if waiting for a long time just to proceed into the next game wasn't bad enough, I have to put up with that while watching Jason chase a bunny, Wonder Vanessa getting more chances at surviving, or the Devil Tiffany player is so confident and cocky, he or she has to dance, all this, while putting the lobby on lock down.

Sorry, that's just not my idea of fun. It's completely redundant is what it is. So not only it ruins immersion, it's incompetent to valuable gaming time. It's a good few legitimate reasons why they should both go away.

I don't know what makes you think the costumes/dancing are the reason people are waiting at the exit/locking up the game...? It's because the balance of the game is so off that even a noob playing as Tiffany can knock Jason around with a frying pan like he's a small child.  If they weren't dancing around at the exit, they'd be bobbing up and down and flickering their flashlight waiting for Jason

It seems your gripe should be with the balance issues of the game and the annoying players, not the costumes/emotes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I don't know what makes you think the costumes/dancing are the reason people are waiting at the exit/locking up the game...? It's because the balance of the game is so off that even a noob playing as Tiffany with a can knock Jason around with a frying pan like he's a small child.  If they weren't dancing around at the exit, they'd be bobbing up and down and flickering their flashlight waiting for Jason

It seems your gripe should be with the balance issues of the game and the annoying players, not the costumes/emotes.

Exactly! Like I said in another thread: Jason needs a buff (fix his grab, reduce pocketknives and med sprays) and you won't see very many people dancing in front of Jason or running at him with a frying pan. Jason is weak right now, so a lot of people like to beat on him and troll. I think a lot of this will stop if/when Jason gets fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×