2 hours ago, Gummybish said:

All of this because of costumes... 

You guys really need to get your priorities together. 

I have never seen people hate so much on a clothing pack 😂

Welcome to a discussion forum where people discuss different issues pertaining to the game. Discussion forums can contain whole series of topics that can encompass a whole range of varied discussion points of which you won't always find everything interesting or agreeable. You might also find that that something so vast and complex as the human mind will mean a collection of those human minds which will consist of different generations and backgrounds - and thus won't always share the same priorities. Sometimes, people will post their opinions across the forum on a wide spectrum of issues - and it may seem as though only the one topic you are reading is their absolute priority - but that would be a fallacy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2017 at 3:47 PM, Corkenstein said:

And the amount of people getting off fantasizing about playing dress up and dancing in a game is equally embarrassing.  They have a game called The Sims for that.  Might suit their tastes a little more than a horror game.  There they can as hard as they want pretending to be who ever they want and dress up in as many furry costumes as much as they please.  :lol:

This 100% go play a fucking sims game if you want full customization of characters, dances, etc.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:40 PM, IBenRedeemed said:

with regards to the Halloween costumes breaking immersion.

Part 1 - one counselor was dressed up as a native American, hamming it up, for no reason other than "dumb teenager"

Part 2 - scary mask and spear used to frighten other counselors

Part 3 - Shelly - 2 different masks , fake knife or axe in his head, can't remember which.

My point is,  is it really that hard to image a group of older teens/early 20 somethings hamming it up before the psycho killer got there?

The movies never hogged up the entire length of the film of teens role playing in costumes and playing hide and seek with Jason, they had time to deliver on that horror experience to make up for lost cause. Part 1 was the pinnacle and the feeling of what the this game is aiming to capture. A couple of cheesy moments from the films should not automatically mean justification more for silly costumes and dancing.

If they really wanted to cater to people that enjoy character cosplay and dancing, this should've been settled only in something like single player or another type multiplayer that involves the idea of a dam STORY MODE. Not multiplayer that's based on the final chase when there's no full plot and not much character interactive choices.

• Like 1

If they make Jason a threat again, there won’t be any dancing around. The dancing around is a DIRECT result of Jason being completely neutered. They were goofy little additions that were never supposed to mean much, but have become a trolling mating call due to the fact Jason is now the hunted. Fix Jason, make him the threat he’s supposed to be and the emotes will sort themselves out. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, John Wick said:

If they make Jason a threat again, there won’t be any dancing around. The dancing around is a DIRECT result of Jason being completely neutered. They were goofy little additions that were never supposed to mean much, but have become a trolling mating call due to the fact Jason is now the hunted. Fix Jason, make him the threat he’s supposed to be and the emotes will sort themselves out. 

Its oh so sweet when players start doing this and then realize you're competent as Jason though... then it dawns on them that they wasted precious time... then their dead.

1 hour ago, John Wick said:

Simply reducing the amount of pocket knives and health sprays would already help

38 minutes ago, HighlifeTHC said:

Simply reducing the amount of pocket knives and health sprays would already help

Absolutely. Both PKs and med sprays should be reduced by a MINIMUM 50% for the next update. Reducing the chances of those ending up in a counselors inventory would go a long way to stopping the trolling behavior. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

Asks what you are talking about yet you proceed to try to counter my point.  You know exactly what I am talking about.  Bad attempt at trying to deflect the valid point you can't seem to actually counter...oops I mean "underatand" by trying to make it sound like useless whining.  

This guy defending the use of costumes is who they cater too.  That should tell you a lot.  

LOL?   Yes.. it should tell you alot.   Like, i don't see things like you do.  Like i said its mental issue.  Perception is reality.  You choose to see things the way you do.. Which is not my fault.  You have a problem with costumes and i don't.

Now you could sit there and keep yammering on about how it breaks your immersion. But if you do, you just end up sounding like a bitter asshole.

Or...You could look at it like..

These are 80's young adults.  They like to get fucked up and do some fucked up shit. So dressing up in costumes isn't far fetched as all.

From Jasons Perspective.  Well.   Id like to think Jason would be filled with Joy for a chance to kill campers in bunny outfits.. and sexy devil outfits..   Especially some guy in a wrestling outfit.    This is what i meant by flavors for Jasons.  This is also why i support more clothing and costume packs too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Wick said:

Agreed! I ran out of likes for the day so I just wanted you to know that yes, I support this idea.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 8:00 AM, Gummybish said:

The fact that this thread even exists baffles me lol. Why are you guys trying to beat a dead horse. "It's all about immersion" ok? What was creepy about this game to begin with?

We have zombie Jason because Tommy revived him accidently by stabbing Jason with a metal fence post only for it to be struck by laughing. That in itself is hilarious and ironic. 

The telekinesis plot in Part 7 is clingy and not realistic at all. The beginning of part 8 is clingy and unrealistic when the a brings back Jason by simply tearing into an electrical circuit underwater.

And the overall backstory about Jason is that he is mutated psycho killer that has mommy issues...

What immersion was there in the first place...

The only one I got that feeling was from Part yet Pamela is in the game.

Halloween had it's share of bad and cheesy sequels. Particularly Resurrection where most of the teens were dressing up and goofing around while others were being killed. Would you want a Halloween video game to consist of dress up and dancing while Michael is being stunned 24/7 or do you want it be more scary like the first film?

On 12/29/2017 at 12:50 PM, Tiffany said:

*glomping noise* “People all wearing the same clothes ruins the *chortles*  IMMERSION of the game!” *labored breath*

On 12/28/2017 at 5:47 PM, Tiffany said:

Sounds like someone has been getting trolled as Jason a lot lately and is a little sour grapes tbh

How about contributing to the conversation then? I understand you disagree with this, but it doesn't mean you always have to come across with such childish comments.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:15 AM, TiffanyIsBae said:

Honestly the forums have no good ideas anymore. Stamina drain? Seriously. I wanna BM a Jason when I smack his ass on the floor. If this happens give me my damn money back. 

Yes, but fear not! Coming up with more ideas of skimpy outfits for Tiffany and clothing ideas is the perfect solution.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

How about contributing to the conversation then? I understand you disagree with this, but it doesn't mean you always have to come across with such childish comments.

How about reading through the thread then?

On 12/31/2017 at 4:43 AM, CPLhicks31 said:

Its oh so sweet when players start doing this and then realize you're competent as Jason though... then it dawns on them that they wasted precious time... then their dead.

Judging by how far this thread got, you're the only one having that experience. I think everyone else has trouble with Jason after seeing someone dance. Must fuck up their mojo...

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:09 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

Yes, but fear not! Coming up with more ideas of skimpy outfits for Tiffany and clothing ideas is the perfect solution.

I don't see anything wrong in people wanting more customisation options i.e clothing packs. It is a little bland when you're limited to just picking colour choices - and what happens when people unlock them all? Of course they will want more. I know I am going to get beaten up by bunny statements but listen, I don't like the bunny outfit but some people do. It is an optional extra some people like. Of course a new outfit pack isn't the solution to this glitch or that problem but it keeps people happy and does generate income to fix problems now an din the future. Personally having a mean girl counsellor and some ideal clothing packs are at the top of my list, but then again I am not a Jason player. If Jason gets every version and some additional dlc packs why shouldn't we get treated to some more physical embellishments to our favourite counsellors we play? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

why shouldn't we get treated to some more physical embellishments to our favourite counsellors we play?

Because it "ruins immersion"!

Jason gets danced on!

Wah!

(I agree)

Which movie had the scene, where after the remaining characters realized they were being hunted by Jason, did they stop and dance?
Maybe it was a deleted scene.

I mostly don't care TBH. I do think it be nice to have /ignore emote option so a person could simply not see if someone else was dancing away.

I wholeheartedly agree with the motion of this thread. Perhaps the devs could add a new mode where they are disabled (along with a slew of other gameplay changes to make it more immersive).

That way the survival horror fans can play their game and the children / girls can play their game.

• Like 1

Emotes are useful to people like me... I play at night with my wife sleeping in the same room, so I can't use mic, therefor I always use "wave" emote to say hi to any counselor I see for the first time, and manage to "discuss" with people thanks to other emotes like point, ok, no, shush, etc.
Maybe I'm a little bit too much RP but I only dance next to working radios... and when I stun Jason I may use the "hero" stance once in a while.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

Emotes are useful to people like me... I play at night with my wife sleeping in the same room, so I can't use mic, therefor I always use "wave" emote to say hi to any counselor I see for the first time, and manage to "discuss" with people thanks to other emotes like point, ok, no, shush, etc.

Holy crap, someone actually uses the emotes for their intended purpose.

Well yeah, but I never saw the point of using cry and puke tho... those two could be replace by others, I don't care.
A laughing one could be nice when I play as Shelly and jump out of a cabinet in front of other counselors trying to scare them... "I'm not an asshole, I'm an actor - Shelly"

• Haha 1

I feel really sorry for people who take the game this seriously. 

• Like 3

You know, role playing is not an illness, it may even be more fun than trolling other... RP and respect of other players was kind of a thing back in the days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

I feel really sorry for people who take the game this seriously. 

😂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

😂

I'm sorry, but reading through all these posts, you guys are having me in stitches laughing. Whether you hate them or like them, this hole thread is just making me picture all the times I have seen them used to good effect and also badly abused and..and... its just making me laugh stop it please! I have to stop reading this! :lol:

• Haha 1