Chace Hollett

What is the worst Jason in game? ( part 7 not included )

What is the worst Jason in the game besides part 7?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst Jason besides part 7?

21 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Because he has - Shift & - Traps

Also because I couldn't vote part 7

What weakness do you think it would be better if replaced?

For me, it would be -Traps. This  because the removal of -Shift would make him broken with his +Destruction.

18 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

What weakness do you think it would be better if replaced?

For me, it would be -Traps. This  because the removal of -Shift would make him broken with his +Destruction.

I'm not sure

I think 9 is the best on normal maps, and 4 is best on small maps. Overall part 7 is the best Jason to play on Higgins Haven.

6,3,2 are all garbage IMO. 2 used to be the goat, but that got changed. 3 is just boring.

2 minutes ago, Thad Kerrington said:

I think 9 is the best on normal maps, and 4 is best on small maps. Overall part 7 is the best Jason to play on Higgins Haven.

6,3,2 are all garbage IMO. 2 used to be the goat, but that got changed. 3 is just boring.

4 is definitely not the best on small maps. It's much easier to do objectives on small maps and part 4 has fewer traps, making it far easier to get a car started or call the police, and a poor shift which will make it difficult to stop the car.

2 was never good against anything but inexperienced groups without mics. 7 is trash and offers nothing over part 8, who also has the water speed that I assume draws you to part 7.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people are saying part 6 is the worst when he is incredibly powerful.

Pro tip for those that are saying part 6 weapon sucks: if you combat stance and only use his heavy attack (poke) it cannot and will not get stuck in a door or any other terrain that you hit. I'm pretty sure that is a bug and not intended but it is there and it works wonders.

Everyone agrees that part 7 is garbage but I have to say that part 9 is probably the second worse. He may have a good shift but he is slow, clunky, his axe gets stuck way too often and the -traps are just plain crippling.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I'm surprised Part 6 is rated so lowly. He has a strong shift, which makes him one of the best chasers, and he has extra knives which allows him to often get early kills against people who haven't yet found a medspray. The bad morph is nasty, and his weapon can be hard to hit with, but at least his weapon never gets stuck when breaking doors, and is safer to break doors with than any other weapon. I suppose if you have Savini there's no reason to play as part 6, but for anyone else he's a solid choice.

His weapon gets stuck all of the time. I can't count the instances where I'm breaking down a door and the spear gets stuck to the wall.

Just now, disco romance said:

His weapon gets stuck all of the time. I can't count the instances where I'm breaking down a door and the spear gets stuck to the wall.

You're supposed to go into combat stance and hold the attack button to do a poke. This move is useless for combat but it will never, ever get stuck when breaking down doors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

You're supposed to go into combat stance and hold the attack button to do a poke. This move is useless for combat but it will never, ever get stuck when breaking down doors.

I do. It still gets stuck.

• Confused 1

Any Jason with Destruction, weapon strength and normal or + shift and Normal or + Stalk is a good Jason in my opinion.

My pick from strongest to weakest 

Savini of course

Part 8

part 4

part 9

part 6

part 3

part 2

part 7

6 minutes ago, disco romance said:

I do. It still gets stuck.

Literally impossible. It's never once happened to me. Worst case scenario is the weapon for some reason doesn't deal any damage to the door.

Everyone has preferences and varied play styles. Bottom line is that in the right hands, any Jason can be highly effective depending on how the player utilizes the traits for each. 

Every match, at the very least, is a bit different due to this same logic applying to the counselors. Matchmaking affects everything - not including the ever-evolving nerfs, buffs and glitches. 

That said, my style leans towards p4 and Savini simply because I get horribly agitated when it takes seemingly forever to destroy a door. That drives me insane like nothing else can. 

I adapt to each Jasons strengths and weaknesses accordingly. I'm far from a great Jason player but I do well enough to usually be satisfied with my own efforts, as I am forced to adapt because I always play random on both sides. I have more fun not knowing who I am going to be controlling until the bell rings. 

As for the actual question - my least favorite is p9/JGTH. It's purely aesthetic for me because he reminds me of a mechanic or maintenance man that got his head stuck in a microwave slightly too long just before popping. 

• Like 1

Savini.

All the joy of 6's shit weapon, minus the time you save by starting out with the extra knives. (Even more time saved depending on how many times the game forces you to mash 'E' before snatching a single one up.)

At the end of the day, getting into a cabin with Destruction doesn't mean dick if you can't use your weapon while actually inside the building.

4 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

4 is definitely not the best on small maps. It's much easier to do objectives on small maps and part 4 has fewer traps, making it far easier to get a car started or call the police, and a poor shift which will make it difficult to stop the car.

2 was never good against anything but inexperienced groups without mics. 7 is trash and offers nothing over part 8, who also has the water speed that I assume draws you to part 7.

It’s all personal opinion and experience...

16 minutes ago, Thad Kerrington said:

It’s all personal opinion and experience...

No, it really isn't. Part 7 is objectively the worst in all ways. You can argue that part 4 is good on small maps if you can cause enough chaos early to prevent any objectives from getting done and parts from getting found.

See I find Part 6 to be the best Jason in game, probably because I use him the most. Yes, he was nerfed just like all the other Jasons were and yes the hit detection is off on his much longer reach weapon.

I think people who are playing parts 8,4,7,3 see J6 as weak because his weapon isn't as fast as the shorter weapons. 

There has definitely been a difference in him since October's patch and beyond but the way I was always playing him beforehand meant I didn't have TOO much to change in how I play him now.

My vote for worst Jason would be J9, and yes I readily admit there is some bias here because I went into playing him with already not liking it so this is purely opinion on my part. I just find him clunky and clumsy overall. And this is most likely due to my part 6 maining.

My favourite Jason is part 9 due to the fact his kills are cool plus I’m used to playing -trap Jason’s 

• Like 1

On 29/12/2017 at 10:56 AM, MichaelMemers said:

People have always loved to pretend that Savini is mediocre despite having the best skillset in the game. Even with his weapon being clunky, he's still one of the best. Shift and Destruction is an insane combination, especially when all his other abilities have normal cooldowns and he has the normal amount of traps.

I would say that Part 2 is the weakest after Part 7. His extra traps no longer matter now that trap stacking is more difficult. Having fewer traps hurts, but having more traps barely matters at all. His strengths are being able to run and morph around a lot but he has a bad shift. He can't catch good players in good time, and experienced players will have no trouble tanking his traps and leading him on a chase and then powering up the car which he will be powerless to stop. Part 2 was always good against newbies that don't have mics but he was always chewed up by experienced groups. Now this is even more true because Jason's traps have been neutered.

I was going to offer my opinion here but you already covered it perfectly. Not much more to say really. The only -Shift Jason I play on a regular basis is Part 4, as his Strengths are among the best and I favour his weapon more than what his +Weapon Strength counterparts wield. But his weaknesses can make him a challenge.

+Shift is such a powerful stat however, that even J9 who is otherwise unremarkable and has Traps weakness can get by purely on this stat. It acts as a failsafe for lack of objective defence since even if the cars get started, they're likely going to get stopped. Also helps not having a Morph weakness like J6.

Savini is hands down the best though, but I've grown frustrated with his weapon clunkiness, same with J6. Which is why I rarely play those Jasons now because unreliable execution is simply not enjoyable for me.

Gotta go with J6 on this one.

. Throwing Knives: I don't need them, I can't hit at all, as the camera sometimes tends to wonk out.

- Weapon Hitbox: His weapon hits every little pixel, but not the target. Get's stuck on everything (Shared with Savini)

- Sense: I am a J8 main, so Sense usually has no use to me at all. I don't see a big difference between +Sense and neutral sense.

- Shift: ...Ehh? I sometimes play J9, but every time I play J6, I can not deal with his shift. But J9?I can control his shift  better than J6. No clue why

- Morph: Minus morph. Big no for me. 40 seconds cooldown? No thanks.

Part 4, 6 and 9 would be weakest after Part 7. Never played the Savini Jason so I can't comment on him.