Speed_Force92

I know its been said but hosts that leave the game need to be penalized

If the devs aren't going to initiate some kind of host migration upon a host leaving a game then some kind of punishment should be put into play like 20-30 minutes spent locked out of the game each time you choose to host and leave it's not fair to those who have good matches and accumulate a lot of XP especially right now on Double XP (Double XP should equal double the lock out time too) also a vote to kick function would be great if someone feels someone should be kicked someone pauses and votes then the whole game pauses upon which everyone votes then gameplay continues after voting

• Like 2

Yeah. Atleast make it to where when the current host leaves a new host takes in place. I mean other games have that option. Why not this one?

54 minutes ago, MichaelMyers said:

Yeah. Atleast make it to where when the current host leaves a new host takes in place. I mean other games have that option. Why not this one?

Yes I was thinking the same thing! It reminded me of black ops 2 when someone would take the hosts place. It's good and it worked.

• Like 1

Ha! You guys are adorable.  I sympathize with your anguish. People have been asking for this since May.

We have gotten the same generic answer that dedicated servers are coming and will eliminate this problem. So to say it, no host migration, but dedicated servers. They have put much consideration into this issue. For the mean time(which has been months of connection errors, horrible pings, and hosts quitting) all we can do is play and be patient. It would be nice if they got a 15 minute suspension to online games, but considering they can simply at an offline game and go back when done, it's not much of a punishment. 

13 hours ago, Speed_Force92 said:

If the devs aren't going to initiate some kind of host migration upon a host leaving a game then some kind of punishment should be put into play like 20-30 minutes spent locked out of the game each time you choose to host and leave it's not fair to those who have good matches and accumulate a lot of XP especially right now on Double XP (Double XP should equal double the lock out time too) also a vote to kick function would be great if someone feels someone should be kicked someone pauses and votes then the whole game pauses upon which everyone votes then gameplay continues after voting

That idea is great for the 20-30 minute cool down if you are a host who leaves mid game. Especially because if they actually have to go because of something in real life them they can come back when they are done and it would be like they were never punished, but if they just leave if they get killed or aren't Jason, then they will be punished.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Ha! You guys are adorable.  I sympathize with your anguish. People have been asking for this since May.

We have gotten the same generic answer that dedicated servers are coming and will eliminate this problem. So to say it, no host migration, but dedicated servers. They have put much consideration into this issue. For the mean time(which has been months of connection errors, horrible pings, and hosts quitting) all we can do is play and be patient. It would be nice if they got a 15 minute suspension to online games, but considering they can simply at an offline game and go back when done, it's not much of a punishment. 

Yeah, it's come to the point where I avoid the host until last whenever I'm Jason just in case they leave.

In a game where the server craps out and drops you as unexpectedly as much as this one does banning people for leaving without proof would be grossly irresponsible. It happens to the best of us. And it has happened to all of us hosting or not. Without a proper system in place to determine if the host quit or was kicked due to their connection timing out would cause more shit then it would solve to punish people for what could have been a simple line drop. I for one have had the game drop me unexpectedly. It really sucks and if I got a ban because of shitty connection to party line servers I would be extremely pissed. 

7 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Not when I’m hosting and the game crashes OR the server drops the game when my internet is 54 mbps. Nope. Punish ME? Please. 

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

In a game where the server craps out and drops you as unexpectedly as much as this one does banning people for leaving without proof would be grossly irresponsible. It happens to the best of us. And it has happened to all of us hosting or not. Without a proper system in place to determine if the host quit or was kicked due to their connection timing out would cause more shit then it would solve to punish people for what could have been a simple line drop. I for one have had the game drop me unexpectedly. It really sucks and if I got a ban because of shitty connection to party line servers I would be extremely pissed. 

I think this right here is the biggest reason why, the p2p connection drops too easily. Back in the beginning, dashboard crashes happened very often, so you couldn't punish anyone then. Now connection time outs and other server errors happen entirely too often to punish anyone because it isn't always necessarily a malicious quit. 

This is why dedicated servers are needed, then there won't be a host to worry about. 

14 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think this right here is the biggest reason why, the p2p connection drops too easily. Back in the beginning, dashboard crashes happened very often, so you couldn't punish anyone then. Now connection time outs and other server errors happen entirely too often to punish anyone because it isn't always necessarily a malicious quit. 

This is why dedicated servers are needed, then there won't be a host to worry about. 

Well said.

• Thanks 1