GeneiJin

So... is Jenny really Useless?

9 minutes ago, Armani? said:

If you were in a house you should have crouched and hid under a bed

Jogging around in the house gave you away. 

If you got caught outside, that's a unlucky morph lol

Spawned outside jogged 15 feet to nearest cabin - Jason spawns about 3 feet to my left. Go to sprint at window. Grabbed. No knife. No chance. Thrown through window. Dead. The end. About 30 seconds in total. Managed to come back as Tommy though.

People saying "Try staying inside a house with Jason as Tiffany or Vanessa in the dark." 

d6f.jpg

...Yeah. I do that. All the time. In fact I love to troll Jason hiding in the corners of a big house and wasting his time as we play Tom and Jerry, it's particularly easy with Tiffany since she doesn't make any sound blips. Even with full fear it takes a really long time for Tiffany or Vanessa to get tired. But anyone who has played for enough time knows how to maximize the use of stamina to last for as long as posible, and recover at any little chance. 

EDIT: Oooh, you mean, as in, staying unseen? Yeah, we've covered than her composure/stealth mix makes a surprisingly good combination. 

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

People saying "Try staying inside a house with Jason as Tiffany or Vanessa in the dark." 

d6f.jpg

...Yeah. I do that. All the time. In fact I love to troll Jason hiding in the corners of a big house and wasting his time as we play Tom and Jerry, it's particularly easy with Tiffany since she doesn't make any sound blips. Even with full fear it takes a really long time for Tiffany or Vanessa to get tired. But anyone who has played for enough time knows how to maximize the use of stamina to last for as long as posible, and recover at any little chance. 

EDIT: Oooh, you mean, as in, staying unseen? Yeah, we've covered than her composure/stealth mix makes a surprisingly good combination. 

Lol, not the big house. 

A regular cabin, preferably one split in half by a wall with two doors.  :)

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Lol, not the big house. 

A regular cabin, preferably one split in half by a wall with two doors.  :)

You mean the medium sized one with a backdoor? Just as easy. Sometimes even easier than the big houses. 

The only house every counselor is screwed with Jason inside is the small house without a window on the back room. That means risk hiding, but then again, if he's inside it's pointless, he clearly knows you're there, that's why he's inside. Or fighting! 

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Jenny has more luck than any female in the game.

That's definitely not weak. You need weapon durability to keep getting stamina.

I do love her luck. But the difference with Vanessa is minor in that regard. 

• Luck 8 counselors (Jenny) get 3 baseball bat hits, 8 machete hits, and 9 wrench hits.
  • Luck 6 counselors (Vanessa) get 3 baseball bat hits, 6 machete hits, and 7 wrench hits.

Jenny's machete hits are as good as worthless with her 1 strength and the low chance of stunning with that weapon. The wrench is a little better, but I rarely use the wrench to strike unless I don't have any other choice, if you still hit him but you don't stun, he'll instantly grab you, or slash you. It's good for saving other counselors though. Still, the difference is only two swings. 

I just watched the video @IronCatFish uploaded. I play Jenny as well and quite often, lately all I've been playing is Jenny. Your gameplay is good, but I do that very same kiting with Tiffany and Vanessa (...And Deb when I'm forced to, but don't count her in) and it's a little easier.  

I would have changed the axe for the wrench since it has a higher stun chance, I guess you either were on a lucky streak there or the heavy swings have a greater chance of stunning, I've been wondering that since I've noticed the axes acting differently in the latest patches.  

P.S: Funny, I remember playing with two of those dead players in a random lobby yesterday!

Friday-The-13th-The-Game-Weapon-Stats-Gu

11 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I do love her luck. But the difference with Vanessa is minor in that regard. 

• Luck 8 counselors (Jenny) get 3 baseball bat hits, 8 machete hits, and 9 wrench hits.
  • Luck 6 counselors (Vanessa) get 3 baseball bat hits, 6 machete hits, and 7 wrench hits.

Jenny's machete hits are as good as worthless with her 1 strength and the low chance of stunning with that weapon. The wrench is a little better, but I rarely use the wrench to strike unless I don't have any other choice, if you still hit him but you don't stun, he'll instantly grab you, or slash you. It's good for saving other counselors though. Still, the difference is only two swings. 

Luck also helps reduce stumbling, starts the car/boat up faster, better chance of avoiding taking window damage, better chance at lower QTEs (that one hasn't really been tested, but it's a popular theory), etc. There's also the stamina reductions when you do certain combat moves as well, but they're minor.

In the end run, the weapon durability is the main reason why you choose luck. But it really helps in combat knowing that your chances of stumbling are reduced, and when it takes a very long time for Jenny to sucumb to fear penalties, there's a reason why she's considered a good combatant. Stumbling can really screw you over if it happens right when you were about to hit Jason, and just one stumble near him gives him a golden opportunity to start hacking away at you.

Comparing Vanessa to Jenny is like comparing an apple to an orange. Both of them are good at drawing aggro, but the two of them have very different play styles. Vanessa is supposed to deliver parts, occasionally make repairs if Jason isn't around, and draw Jason for as long as she can get his attention (since smart Jasons won't chase down Vanessa or a fast counselor for long if they know there are slower, low stealth counselors running around like MItch or you just happened to Sense someone nearby). As for Jenny, she gets Jason's attention; fights him for stamina; pisses him off; and continues to outjog him no matter how slow her speed stat says she is.

Just now, Trident77 said:

Luck also helps reduce stumbling, starts the car/boat up faster, better chance of avoiding taking window damage, better chance at lower QTEs (that one hasn't really been tested, but it's a popular theory), etc. There's also the stamina reductions when you do certain combat moves as well, but they're minor.

In the end run, the weapon durability is the main reason why you choose luck. But it really helps in combat knowing that your chances of stumbling are reduced, and when it takes a very long time for Jenny to sucumb to fear penalties, there's a reason why she's considered a good combatant. Stumbling can really screw you over if it happens right when you were about to hit Jason, and just one stumble near him gives him a golden opportunity to start hacking away at you.

Comparing Vanessa to Jenny is like comparing an apple to an orange. Both of them are good at drawing aggro, but the two of them have very different play styles. Vanessa is supposed to deliver parts, occasionally make repairs if Jason isn't around, and draw Jason for as long as she can get his attention (since smart Jasons won't chase down Vanessa or a fast counselor for long if they know there are slower, low stealth counselors running around like MItch or you just happened to Sense someone nearby). As for Jenny, she gets Jason's attention; fights him for stamina; pisses him off; and continues to outjog him no matter how slow her speed stat says she is.

I know, I was particularly refering to kiting Jason like it's been discussed up above, and in the video that was shared. 

As for the stumbling, composure is the stat that actually helps with that. Otherwise Chad (Luck 10) would never stumble, and he does it... A lot.  
Avoiding window damage is completely true. 
Better repair is just a myth to me. I don't notice any difference between all characters with 2 points in repair. 
Starting car and boat up faster...? I've never noticed any difference in that as well. I'll call it another popular theory. 

56 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I know, I was particularly refering to kiting Jason like it's been discussed up above, and in the video that was shared. 

As for the stumbling, composure is the stat that actually helps with that. Otherwise Chad (Luck 10) would never stumble, and he does it... A lot.  
Better repair is just a myth to me. I don't notice any difference between all characters with 2 points in repair. 
Starting car and boat up faster...? I've never noticed any difference in that as well. I'll call it another popular theory. 

You need both composure & luck to avoid tripping.

AJ trips her ass off lol

I do believe the car starts slightly faster with luck. Every second counts.

I do think less window damage is broken for high luck counselors since the release of the game. 

The luck may help with rolling with 2 repair,  but I haven't tested so idk

2 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Luck does effect vehicle start times. Here is Chad with grease monkey before the perk nerf which lets you understand why it happened.

On 12/27/2017 at 11:06 PM, GeneiJin said:

I know this may be a touchy topic for some.  After spending significant time with Vanessa/Chad and got tired of tripping to my death when confronting Jason, I decided to give Jenny a try.  While I do like her high composer (less tripping) and high luck,  I started to feel why everyone has a low opinion about her.  Now, I am not saying she can't be effective of surviving by herself, but I'm questioning her value of contribution to the team.  She is as slow as repair characters, but can't repair effectively, and she can't get to a counselor as fast as Chad or Vanessa to help them out.  Sure she can stand up to Jason pretty decent, but is sustainable to a shift-grab from a distance.   She can act as a "Pocket Knife" for front-line fighters in a pack, but she is a hindrance when moving from point-a to point-b.  Again, I'm not saying she is "unplayable" but I feel she really is the weakest consoler and I would like to hear you guys if I'm missing something here.

bro stop making these threads

Jenny is one of the "weak" counselors... meta is vanessa/deb

but u can still use her for a "challenge" and "aesthetics"

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

After Chad, she is the best character to tank traps and climb through broken windows due to her luck. 

Traps don't work with Luck anymore. Each trap reduces health by 50%. Window damage has always been the same for every character.

On topic, Jenny isn't worthless. Her high Luck gives her the power to fight, but she is objectively the weakest choice out of the fighter bunch (Chad and Vanessa). She is outclassed by Chad due to his maxed Luck and high Speed, and is outclassed by Vanessa due to her near perfect mobility with an excellent Stamina and Speed combo. Eight points in Luck gives Jenny one more wrench/pot/pan/machete hit compared to Vanessa's six Luck. Big deal. More stamina and speed gives Vanessa the potential to fight longer against Jason.

Composure is a support stat. I'd be willing to say that it is slightly more valuable than Stealth or Strength, but not by much. We all know how valuable those stats are. Managing fear is like delaying the inevitable; if you survive long enough, you will gain fear, especially in Jason's presence. You will get sensed because if you are playing the fighting/repair role, you will encounter Jason. Losing the minimap and the screen going grey are minor visibility setbacks that can be worked around. Stumbling is increased with higher fear, but as long as adequate distance is maintained, it will be rare to die strictly because of a stumble.

The noticeable drawback to high fear is the stamina regeneration penalty. You want to know how to get around that? Attacking Jason with melee. He is a resource begging to be tapped into. Unleash imperialistic fantasies upon him.

High speed means better mobility. Speed is only useful with stamina management, but the difference is clear without it. Map control is important for combat characters. Being able to rush to someone's aid to draw aggro can mean the difference between life and death. Gathering survival items or objective parts will determine success. Time is important. This is Jenny's major weakness.

Competitively, you want to be able to fight under the most strenuous conditions. Jenny is not the most optimized under those circumstances. Her mobility suffers due to an investment toward a mechanic that can be circumvented (with relative ease) by adapting a combat playstyle. This is why Chad and Vanessa are better choices. Otherwise, you'll just have to work a little harder for survival against a Jason with a solid understanding of gameplay. There is nothing wrong with a challenge, of course.

• Thanks 1

On 28/12/2017 at 6:40 AM, DiegoElFuego said:

Or, instead of trying to scientifically justify why Jenny is good, just admit that you just like the character for whatever reason.

-She reminds you of yourself.

-She reminds you of your girlfriend 

-She is some you'd like if they were real

-She's the most identifiable for you

Because literally when it comes to the girls, she's the weakest. Every other girl can either outrun her, or repair better. IMO the 2 things that matter in a real match. I'm not even talking about guy characters, because I know a lot of people play girls based on 'waifu' status, if you're a dude, or identity if you're a female. But if I include the guys as well, any of them does what she can do but better, which basically means the whole cast is better.

Again, basically, if you like Jenny, you like Jenny. We dont need to pretend we have all this deep info on what makes her good; it's anecdotal at best, especially because nothing is going to happen exactly the same between two matches.

Spot on, I like to play Jenny for what she represents more than her stats. Totally guilty.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Armani? said:

Jenny has more luck than any female in the game.

That's definitely not weak. You need weapon durability to keep getting stamina.

Her repair is not the worst, Tiffany has 1 repair

At least come with facts, speed is not going to do anything but delay death. Luck and stamina are most important to keep moving. Not speed.

Luck in practice means less than you think it does. You think you're going to keep smacking Jason every single time, with the great hit detection in this game? 

And even if we look at that flat number, Vanessa has 3 less luck and gets the same hit off a bat, 1 or 2 less on some other weapons. Because Vanessa has better speed and stam, 5 hits from a pipe with her is worth more than 7 hits from Jenny. She's going to get a lot more mileage out of each hit.

You just keep bringing up 'what if's'. And who cares if she doesn't lose her map if she close to Jason, if he's close, that slow ass is likely dead unless playing ring around the rosy AND Jason sucks. 

You're playing Theory Fighter. In real matches speed/stam, and repair are what gets the job done. The only real match benefit of Jenny is breaking free from a Jason, and that's still with a - grip strength AND if he grabs you somewhere that he can't activate a kill immediately.

I'm just trying to win, after I'm at 150, then I'll mess with other counselors. 

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

bro stop making these threads

Jenny is one of the "weak" counselors... meta is vanessa/deb

but u can still use her for a "challenge" and "aesthetics"

None of the counselors are "weak" they are skilled in their own ways. This whole trend of "shitting on everyone who isn't playing as meta" is annoying as hell. 

If a counselor that isn't meta works very well for someone else then obviously that "weak" statement isn't true. 

This is honestly why tier lists and counselor rankings are garbage because they split the community up way too much.

I'd say it all depends on who is playing as her as opposed to the character itself being useless. She could use less composure points and a few more speed points though IMO. Throw one in repair and a lot more people would play her.

If you want to have a relatively sterile experience over time then you can call upon all this meta bullshit.

Watching "meta" players play is like watching a calculus tutorial.

None of the counselors are "useless". They just all fit into different playstyles, and some require more strategy than others. I know people that main Jenny, others that main LaChappa, and even a couple that main Kenny. If I do pick a counselor, it is either Deb or Buggzy. It has been that way since the beginning. Usually, I just randomize counselors and Jasons. I honestly think that is the best way to become more well-rounded with the game mechanics, as you have to change the way you play depending on who you get. 

If I’m Jenny I pick the perks to increase stun duration.  She doesn’t bring much to the team elsewise.   I feel dependent on others with her and she isn’t the best at running down the timer if you are the last alive.

Ican see why people love her but I feel she is not set up for success. That said in the hands of a good player, any counselor is doable.

1 hour ago, NScarlato said:

If I’m Jenny I pick the perks to increase stun duration.  She doesn’t bring much to the team elsewise.   I feel dependent on others with her and she isn’t the best at running down the timer if you are the last alive.

Ican see why people love her but I feel she is not set up for success. That said in the hands of a good player, any counselor is doable.

Does heavy hitter have any value these days? It will get you a 10-15% stun duration increase at the most, and only with a baseball bat.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Does heavy hitter have any value these days? It will get you a 10-15% stun duration increase at the most, and only with a baseball bat.

No. It was a such a good perk, now it has no value anymore. An extra second isn’t worth a perk slot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

No. It was a such a good perk, now it has no value anymore. An extra second isn’t worth a perk slot. 

Yep Sucker Punch is better.

8 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

Luck in practice means less than you think it does. You think you're going to keep smacking Jason every single time, with the great hit detection in this game? 

And even if we look at that flat number, Vanessa has 3 less luck and gets the same hit off a bat, 1 or 2 less on some other weapons. Because Vanessa has better speed and stam, 5 hits from a pipe with her is worth more than 7 hits from Jenny. She's going to get a lot more mileage out of each hit.

You just keep bringing up 'what if's'. And who cares if she doesn't lose her map if she close to Jason, if he's close, that slow ass is likely dead unless playing ring around the rosy AND Jason sucks. 

You're playing Theory Fighter. In real matches speed/stam, and repair are what gets the job done. The only real match benefit of Jenny is breaking free from a Jason, and that's still with a - grip strength AND if he grabs you somewhere that he can't activate a kill immediately.

I'm just trying to win, after I'm at 150, then I'll mess with other counselors. 

I'm simply correcting you

If you're out of stamina or protecting counselors, you need your weapon to NOT break. A AJ shouldn't get any weapon, especially less durable over Jenny. 

You need to manage fear to not get penalties on stamina regain

Not saying Jenny is the best in the game, but there's a way to play her. If you can't figure it out, she's not for you.

She's the "stealthiest" high luck counselor in the game. 

Other -

The only character's who's trope brings nothing to the team is Tiffany, and even you can figure out a way to use her stats to help.

7 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

I'd say it all depends on who is playing as her as opposed to the character itself being useless. She could use less composure points and a few more speed points though IMO. Throw one in repair and a lot more people would play her.

I like her composure.

I'd do 7/10 luck and 4/10 speed.

And it'd be fine.  They need to do the luck stat over. 1/10 luck counselors shouldn't get two baseball bat hits. A 3 repair is a waste of a point. Just roll till you get a manageable mini game.

You would expect the girl next door to actually run fast but no she doesn’t. Speed contributes to survival BIG TIME.

1 hour ago, Left2Right said:

You would expect the girl next door to actually run fast but no she doesn’t. Speed contributes to survival BIG TIME.

Stamina contributes to survival BIG TIME, not speed. 

And no, Chris Higgins wasn't a sprinter