GeneiJin

So... is Jenny really Useless?

49 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Stamina contributes to survival BIG TIME, not speed. 

And no, Chris Higgins wasn't a sprinter 

I was referring to most Final girls seem to get away most of the time by running. I know Jenny is inspired by Chris Higgins but game wise Jenny has struggles to even make distance with the speed walking Jasons. The downsides causes Jenny to play the “transporter” role since she can’t repair or do any damage.

Just now, Left2Right said:

I was referring to most Final girls seem to get away most of the time by running. I know Jenny is inspired by Chris Higgins but game wise Jenny has struggles to even make distance with the speed walking Jasons. The downsides causes Jenny to play the “transporter” role since she can’t repair or do any damage.

She's not supposed to be able to repair well. Her 2 repair is a 2 because she's a supporter. In case something goes bad.

Her high composure and luck makes her a good supporter.

Her high composure, stealth and luck makes her the final girl. 

There's only 35 points to spread out, Jenny can't be fast.

The final girl isn't a Tiffany with better repair.

23 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

The final girl isn't a Tiffany with better repair.

To be honest the final girl or boy is the only one able to outrun and fight Jason. All the others are pretty much instant kills.

Keeping that in mind Vanessa might technically be the true final girl, lol.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

To be honest the final girl or boy is the only one able to outrun and fight Jason. All the others are pretty much instant kills.

Keeping that in mind Vanessa might technically be the true final girl, lol.

Anyone can outrun Jason

Jenny has high luck, she's more than capable of continuous stuns. 

Vanessa's stealth is shit + she's Black lol. She trips too much.  Not exactly final girl material. She's a distraction, that's why she's fast. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Anyone can outrun Jason

Jenny has high luck, she's more than capable of continuous stuns. 

Vanessa's stealth is shit + she's Black lol. She trips too much.  Not exactly final girl material. She's a distraction, that's why she's fast. 

Lol, there has never been a black final girl in the Friday the 13th Franchise 😂. Although I think they should to be honest because in the real world, black people don't fuck with the supernatural and killers. They are the first ones to always get the hell out.

55 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Lol, there has never been a black final girl in the Friday the 13th Franchise 😂. Although I think they should to be honest because in the real world, black people don't fuck with the supernatural and killers. They are the first ones to always get the hell out.

I know, Right? Like Eddie Murphy said, about if the family from the Amityville horror was black. "What a great place!" Says black dad. "GET OUT!" Say eerie ghostly voice. "Too bad we gotta go." Black dad says as he gathers his family to leave. Yeah, Can't be a final boy or girl if you get out before white people start dying. Horror movies never seem to portray the fact that black people don't play around, in reality Vanessa and Buggzy would roll out when they got to Crystal Lake and heard about Jason. "Let's leave these white kids here and go home, before these dumbasses get themselves killed." Says Brandon to Vanessa. "Yeah, I got a friend who said this new restaurant on 6th is great." Vanessa replied as they walked away. "Hold up! I'm coming too!" Fox called out, as she sprinted away from the barn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

Reggie really out here representing Black guys

Even Julius lasted longer than any Black female I think. Kelly Rowland came close if we're counting that movie.

Jenny absolutely can fight. Her high luck makes it very doable. And she can outrun Jason from point A to point B to point C because her stamina regens quickly. This is often what the final girl in horror does... fend off the killer while keeping calm, moving from resource to resource. No, she can't just bolt away like Vanessa, Chad, or Tiffany, but Jenny is very reliable for moving from cabin  to cabin, holding Jason off.

Also she CAN repair semi-decently with the reroll trick, and is great for sneaky phone repairs as she doesn't make much noise and is tricky to pick up on sense. I repair as Jenny all the time. in fact, just now I fixed the phone and called the cops as Jenny. Sure, she isn't ideal at it, but with her luck and rerolls, her repair is more like a 4/10 which is passable. Jenny is not an easy counsellor, but she is far from useless. She is pretty balanced actually, as she can do EVERYTHING semi-well, kind of like Kenny but she is worse at knocking Jason's mask off but has max composure.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I know, Right? Like Eddie Murphy said, about if the family from the Amityville horror was black. "What a great place!" Says black dad. "GET OUT!" Say eerie ghostly voice. "Too bad we gotta go." Black dad says as he gathers his family to leave. Yeah, Can't be a final boy or girl if you get out before white people start dying. Horror movies never seem to portray the fact that black people don't play around, in reality Vanessa and Buggzy would roll out when they got to Crystal Lake and heard about Jason. "Let's leave these white kids here and go home, before these dumbasses get themselves killed." Says Brandon to Vanessa. "Yeah, I got a friend who said this new restaurant on 6th is great." Vanessa replied as they walked away. "Hold up! I'm coming too!" Fox called out, as she sprinted away from the barn.

I'm always happy whenever I see fox, Vanessa, and Brandon survive a round in the game because I'm all about the minority thriving.

44 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Reggie really out here representing Black guys

Even Julius lasted longer than any Black female I think. Kelly Rowland came close if we're counting that movie.

He really is.

I was so mad when Kelly didn't survive, she was my absolute favorite in the movie.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Armani👑 said:

Stamina contributes to survival BIG TIME, not speed. 

Wait, how does speed does not contributes to survival?  Speed get you from cabin to cabin, firepit to firepit quickly, reach another counselor to break them free or fend off Jason, fairy key items to it's destination, and make you less valuable to shift-grabs/slash.  Stamina is obviously important, but don't discount speed.

2 hours ago, Armani👑 said:

Ironically she is best equipped to survive the night how the game is right now. :P  She requires less support than any other counselor when kiting/fending off Jason.

1 hour ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Jenny absolutely can fight. Her high luck makes it very doable.

I agree.  Personally think she is the best counselor when it comes to directly squaring up with the Big-J.  She won't trip at critical moments as much as other counselors and the high composer allows her the fend of fear longer, meaning she'll be able to regain stamina faster (at stand-still) than those that freak out like Chad or Vanessa.  However, I feel what she is bad does hold her back more than any other counselor and I will only really play Jenny is when I'm in a lobby and I'm confident the other player are looking out for each other.  I love fighting Jasons straight up but when your actually trying to survive (play to win), every swing is a risk (especially against a good Jason), so I find it's best to strike at him when you're wrestling for objectives, saving someone, and "free"-hits.  Otherwise when fleeing, confront him only when you need the stamina.

Jenny is my 2nd favorite counselor, and really the only reason why people see her as a terrible pick is because of composure being lackluster and her speed being low. The only reason people find Jenny useless is because she relies on support for her to survive, or she does nothing all match but wait for her to wait out the clock. 

18 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Wait, how does speed does not contributes to survival?  Speed get you from cabin to cabin, firepit to firepit quickly, reach another counselor to break them free or fend off Jason, fairy key items to it's destination, and make you less valuable to shift-grabs/slash.  Stamina is obviously important, but don't discount speed.

What I mean is that you can have high speed, but if you have low stamina, Jason can easily make up the difference with a shift. 

Whereas a low speed, high stamina counselor can keep moving regardless of how slow they're moving. They'll survive longer. 

3 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

What I mean is that you can have high speed, but if you have low stamina, Jason can easily make up the difference with a shift. 

Whereas a low speed, high stamina counselor can keep moving regardless of how slow they're moving. They'll survive longer. 

That is not necessary true.  First if you are alone with Jason, you should never just bolt away and waste stamina regardless of character due to both Shift and Morph.   Just set the "spacing" beyond his grab or swing range as well as account for any actions you do (healing, picking up items, climbing into windows, etc..). Chad has slightly less stamina then Jenny, but the fact that is much faster allows him to set "spacing" more efficiently than Jenny as well as the aforementioned shift-grab.   Even against Vanessa or Tommy, any counselor is venerable to shift without walls and door, but speed does sustainability help avoid it.

2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

When I play Vanessa, that’s how I roleplay. If I fix the car, I’m OUT of there and not stopping for nobody. If the cops come, I’m not dancing around the exit. I’m GONE.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ricky said:

If you are a Jenny player you must look at this. It is comical but some of the stuff is something a Jenny player can appreciate!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/438740

That Tiffany alliance is bull lol

Tiffany stans fight with Jenny mains all the time on here.

43 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

That Tiffany alliance is bull lol

Tiffany stans fight with Jenny mains all the time on here.

I feel like both of these gals are under appreciated when it comes to their stats.

Tiffany because she is always being compared to Vanessa since they are both runners except Tiffany is in her own special kind of class. 

She can get parts safely to others without Jason on her trail whereas Vanessa is literally a walking firework yet she has better speed. 

Jenny unlike Chad actually has composure and rarely will someone ever use up all of Jenny's composure in a match if they know how to use her. She can remain cool throughout the whole entire match and avoid tripping, her screen going dark, and her minimap disappearing.

People are always quick to say that the reason why these two have a fanbase is because of aesthetics when in reality it's much more than that.

You're misunderstanding Jenny's function in the game. She's the type of character designed to survive the 20 minutes by herself, as a final girl would do. Her high composure and ok stealth makes her difficult for Jason to find, and, if Jason grabs her, she can get away very easily; even without pocket knives. Her high luck makes her a good fighter and works well giving that minor increases to other stats.

The only thing that doesn't seems right is her stamina. Jenny isn't a final girl, but she's inspired by them, and final girls do survive most of the time by running. If they just increase it to 6/10 it would be great, but I don't think that can happend, lol.

• Like 2

I love Jenny! Has always been my main or second pick for counselor since launch. All characters can be great when used properly, but I’ve always loved Jenny’s stats for stun, collecting, and hiding. She’s also great to play with when you do QP with randoms.

I pretty much use Jenny exclusively as my preferred counselor and never really wish for Vanessa's speed or any other stats like that. Do have her buffed with some high perks though, so maybe that's why I don't have any problems? I find I can do pretty much everything with her, stun and outrun Jason, find parts, fix cars and boats. Her lone wolf style can be a real bonus if the team is in disarray, but she can also provide excellent support. Just disappointed Gun never brought out Christmas Costumes, Jenny woulds look great as a Santa's Little Helper or Elf... :P

• Like 1

On 12/31/2017 at 2:34 PM, Armani👑 said:

Vanessa's stealth is shit + she's Black lol. Not exactly final girl material. She's a distraction, that's why she's fast. 

Dude, that’s messed up. Funny or not, it’s racist. What, only white girls are allowed to make it to the end? Smh.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Dude, that’s messed up. Funny or not, it’s racist. What, only white girls are allowed to make it to the end? Smh.

Um...it's not racist.

All the characters are based on stereotypes and cliques. 

13 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Um...it's not racist.

All the characters are based on stereotypes and cliques. 

Still sounded racist. Just cuz the characters are based on stereotypes doesn’t make what you said any less racist. I get what you meant, I’m just saying that it was racist either way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Still sounded racist. Just cuz the characters are based on stereotypes doesn’t make what you said any less racist. I get what you meant, I’m just saying that it was racist either way.

It's an established 80's horror movie trope that any black characters will generally be killed off early (which probably is racist but was also a long time ago). Well, apart from Reggie of course, but he was a kid and not Jason's preferred target age group. But then there are other archetypes that would have never been considered "final girl" material, like the slutty girl for example. Was Jason prejudiced against slutty girls? I mean, he also killed cocky jock types too?

Dude, it's a joke. In horror movies (Friday the 13th) it is typical to see black people dying a lot. It's a cliche to see them dying first tho. That's a racist stereotype, yeah, but blame the movie scripters, not a guy from a forum.

And this is Friday the 13th, b****. Cliches are on the way. The fat nerd, the atractive blonde dude, the sexy girl, the jock... C'mon, you know this, I don't have to explain it.