GeneiJin

So... is Jenny really Useless?

You underestimate the value of luck. It's as good as speed. She's still worse than Chad because she's basically Chad with speed and composure swapped, and composure is trash while speed is top tier. AJ dies very, very fast and the only thing she brings to the group is repair but Deborah does that better while also not dying so fast.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

You underestimate the value of luck. It's as good as speed. She's still worse than Chad because she's basically Chad with speed and composure swapped, and composure is trash while speed is top tier. AJ dies very, very fast and the only thing she brings to the group is repair but Deborah does that better while also not dying so fast.

Low Composure makes the screen go very dark when near Jason, which makes fighting him harder. I guess some people get used to that though.

I typically don't like playing her because she isn't fast nor can repair effectively. But I still like her, sometime I do end up playing her and it's 50/50 on wether or not I'll be disappointed. I do wish she'd have at least one more point in something like repair, or even speed.

Ok so she's not the best option. So? What is the point of saying that Jenny is useless. I play her because I enjoy playing her. Player skills matter more in this game than stats.

The irony is that A.J. seems to be more often the "final girl" than Jenny because of her "lone wolf" playstyle, whereas Jenny can be played both as a lone wolf AND team oriented. With A.J., I mostly run sense avoidance perks, but rarely with Jenny. When only A.J. and Jenny are left, Jason often seems to find Jenny first because he might pay more attention to noise pings. 

From my experience, I've survived more often with Jenny than with Chad because when I was Chad, Jason always seemed to find me in the beginning, before I could even grab a baseball bat :D

On 12/28/2017 at 5:27 AM, final_gal said:

The irony is that A.J. seems to be more often the "final girl" than Jenny because of her "lone wolf" playstyle, whereas Jenny can be played both as a lone wolf AND team oriented. With A.J., I mostly run sense avoidance perks, but rarely with Jenny. When only A.J. and Jenny are left, Jason often seems to find Jenny first because he might pay more attention to noise pings. 

From my experience, I've survived more often with Jenny than with Chad because when I was Chad, Jason always seemed to find me in the beginning, before I could even grab a baseball bat :D

You shouldn’t die as Chad in the first few minutes. Any good player can easily get value from his speed. No reason for you to die in the beginning too.

On 12/28/2017 at 3:00 AM, Confused Counsellor said:

Low Composure makes the screen go very dark when near Jason, which makes fighting him harder. I guess some people get used to that though.

Composure is a double edged sword though. No other stat does that. Chad and Tiffany easily get scared, but as soon as they get far from Jason they lose the effect. When your Jenny, surely it’s take more time for your mini map to lose, but once Jenny gets Chadface, she’ll never lose it. That’s why many don’t value composure as an important stat. 

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Composure is a double edged sword though. No other stat does that. Chad and Tiffany easily get scared, but as soon as they get far from Jason they lose the effect. When your Jenny, surely it’s take more time for your mini map to lose, but once Jenny gets Chadface, she’ll never lose it. That’s why many don’t value composure as an important stat. 

It takes 3 minutes & 21 seconds of Jason constantly chasing her to get to that point. 

That likely won't happen unless you're trying to kill Jason or she's the last counsler alive.

She isn't useless but as her character is based on the sole survivor of part 3 her stats should really be better. 

1 hour ago, RoyBurns said:

It takes 3 minutes & 21 seconds of Jason constantly chasing her to get to that point. 

That likely won't happen unless you're trying to kill Jason or she's the last counsler alive.

Or he’s chasing her, as soon as he finishes with his traps if Jenny is found, she’s as good as dead. Composure is still a double edged sword. 

9 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

You shouldn’t die as Chad in the first few minutes. Any good player can easily get value from his speed. No reason for you to die in the beginning too.

The problem is that many Jasons tunnel Chad because they hate him and want to kill him, no matter what. You know, reminds them of that bully from school. Tunnel = max fear, screen black, no mini map.

I think devs have reduced the amount of time it takes for high composure characters to reduce fear, so ~3 minutes shouldn't be true anymore. Also, most Jasons don't go after Jenny in the beginning because she isn't as "valuable" as the repair characters. A good Jason always chases the repair characters first, so she can use that to her advantage. 

@Trident77

Well said. 

Jenny's composure is underestimated.  With a marathon perk, she can recover and sustain her stamina better than anyone even while being in constant pursuit of Jason.   In some cases, she doesn't even require the perk if she is in a lit area or jogging.   Try kiting Jason in the DARK with Vanessa as the last counselor and then you will learn to appreciate composure.  I equip my Jenny to fight and kite Jason while others get things done.  I've also found her speed to be completely irrelevant.  She can survive without being fast.  With sensory perks, Jenny can avoid several encounters with Jason within the first ten minutes at least.  I've dodged several fights with Jason while he pursues another counselor because he doesn't sense I'm still in the building or outside behind one. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Or he’s chasing her, as soon as he finishes with his traps if Jenny is found, she’s as good as dead. Composure is still a double edged sword. 

So...like anyone else?

Anyone can juke and kite Jason. It's about managing stamina.

Jenny is not my main, but she is my favorite counselor.  I have the highest success rate with her- especially on the Jarvis map.  She can be a lone wolf or a support character in a mob.  Like many said before, half the time I do not run into Jason for a good portion of the match when using her.  After Chad, she is the best character to tank traps and climb through broken windows due to her luck.  She can eat two traps before going critical, and I defer to her when there are 3 or more Part 2's in the lobby.  I run medic, hypochondriac, & thick skinned on her- so I make her useful by clearing traps off of objectives for the other counselors- especially when someone is being tunneled.  

I prefer to build to a counselor's strengths.  The exception is having an Epic perk with 0% downside- only then will I slap it on to boost a weak area.  With that said, Jenny is useful if you create a build for her.  Figure out what role you want her to play and cater to it with the right perks.   

5 hours ago, Armani👑 said:

So...like anyone else?

Anyone can juke and kite Jason. It's about managing stamina.

Maybe besides someone with high speed and stamina.

Just now, TiffanyIsBae said:

Maybe besides someone with high speed and stamina.

Speed is overrated

Luck, Composure & Stamina>

41 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Speed is overrated

Composure is lackluster for my liking.

33 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Composure is lackluster for my liking.

Try staying in the same house as Jason with the lights out as Tiffany.

Only Jenny can do that.

One use of composure, no other counsler besides Mitch can do that

1 hour ago, Armani👑 said:

Speed is overrated

Speed is the stat that lets you dodge a shiftgrab, the stat that lets you get inside really quickly when you need to, the stat that lets you transport items quickly to their destination, the stat that lets you dodge Jason's attacks and grabs and fight him more competently. It's one of the most important stats in the game.

On 12/28/2017 at 4:40 AM, DiegoElFuego said:

Or, instead of trying to scientifically justify why Jenny is good, just admit that you just like the character for whatever reason.

-She reminds you of yourself.

-She reminds you of your girlfriend 

-She is some you'd like if they were real

-She's the most identifiable for you

Because literally when it comes to the girls, she's the weakest. Every other girl can either outrun her, or repair better. IMO the 2 things that matter in a real match. I'm not even talking about guy characters, because I know a lot of people play girls based on 'waifu' status, if you're a dude, or identity if you're a female. But if I include the guys as well, any of them does what she can do but better, which basically means the whole cast is better.

Again, basically, if you like Jenny, you like Jenny. We dont need to pretend we have all this deep info on what makes her good; it's anecdotal at best, especially because nothing is going to happen exactly the same between two matches.

Jenny has more luck than any female in the game.

That's definitely not weak. You need weapon durability to keep getting stamina.

Her repair is not the worst, Tiffany has 1 repair

At least come with facts, speed is not going to do anything but delay death. Luck and stamina are most important to keep moving. Not speed.

Watch my Jenny videos.  I don't dodge shifts with speed, I dodge by counting (one Mississippi, two Mississippi) and spacing.  If its a + Shift Jason, I count one Mississi and leave out ppi.  (yes it makes that much of a difference) This is high level situational awareness.  Accurately predicting where Jason will be when he shifts toward you is more important than speed.  Good Jason's just shift to exhaust you and are using stalk now.  Your speed means nothing if you don't know Jason is coming. 

Pursuit starts.  You jog out in front of Jason.  His goal is to wear you down which comes from the pursuit and your composure which effects your stamina.  The counselor is always going to be moving away from Jason.  When Jason shifts, players naturally start running when their composure is shot which drains stamina twice as fast and if you are in the dark, its almost impossible to recover. 

Speed is important, but I'll take composure any day over speed.

I've come to the solid conclusion Jenny isn't bad to use after running her straight for several games. I'd say her pros and cons are as circumstantial as any other playable character. Whether luck is on your side in the match, skill of the other players, particularly Jason and what is available for you to find. I only had one terrible match, where I died in the first 30 seconds. Jason literally spawned next to me as soon as the game started and I didn't have a chance. Other than that I have survived/died in the same ratios as other players with different characters throughout my games. It really boils down to what sort of player you are: are you a number cruncher that looks at the stats for particular style of play or do you fudge the numbers and just play Jenny for being the character Jenny? There that is your definitive answer. Make of it what you will.

17 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Speed is the stat that lets you dodge a shiftgrab, the stat that lets you get inside really quickly when you need to, the stat that lets you transport items quickly to their destination, the stat that lets you dodge Jason's attacks and grabs and fight him more competently. It's one of the most important stats in the game.

Fun fact - Any counselor can dodge a shift grab. Has nothing to do with speed, but determining where Jason will try to grab you when he comes out of shift. Speed may make it harder for Jason, but even a counselor with 2 speed could dodge a shift grab.

The only notable thing speed is good for is transporting items or running away from Jason in short distances, but if you don't have stamina with that, it doesn't really matter.

I like stamina better. But speed & stamina is a good combo. Speed by itself isn't.

3 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

I've come to the solid conclusion Jenny isn't bad to use after running her straight for several games. I'd day her pros and cons are as circumstantial as any other playable character. Whether luck is on your side in the match, skill of the other players, particularly Jason and what is available for you to find. I only had one terrible match, where I died in the first 30 seconds. Jason literally spawned next to me as soon as the game started and I didn't have a chance. Other than that I have survived/died in the same ratios as other players with different characters throughout my games. It really boils down to what sort of player you are: are you a number cruncher that looks at the stats for particular style of play or do you fudge the numbers and just play Jenny for being the character Jenny? There that is your definitive answer. Make of it what you will.

If you were in a house you should have crouched and hid under a bed

Jogging around in the house gave you away. 

If you got caught outside, that's a unlucky morph lol