GeneiJin

So... is Jenny really Useless?

7 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

The thing is, speed is slightly overrated as a stat in my opinion to me. Stamina seems more important. 

Definitely not. Stamina can be managed by landing hits on Jason. But you can never increase your speed and thus your ability to dodge shifts and travel the map quickly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The usefulness of a counselor is all dependent on the player using the counselor. Those who think outside the box can find the usefulness of any counselor. The same holds true for each Jason as well.

Please then, tell us what usefulness Jenny provides over other counselors.  That is the reason I started this topic after all, lol.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Definitely not. Stamina can be managed by landing hits on Jason. But you can never increase your speed and thus your ability to dodge shifts and travel the map quickly.

Maybe I don't care about speed as much

I'm not sprinting across the map anyways unless I'm Buggzy or Vanessa. I play stealthy & jog with Jenny. 

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Please then, tell us what usefulness Jenny provides over other counselors.  That is the reason I started this topic after all, lol.

Her high composure can be used to juke and distract Jason inside houses with the lights cut out.

Chad wouldn't be able to do that, his screen would be too black. 

55 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Not in theory, but I generally go completely under the radar playing as Jenny. I don't know why, but she feels way stealthier than she actually is. 

That is because of her composure. Stealth only affects noise bubbles. Most jasons use sense to locate people, and Jennys high composure can help her avoid that.

Jenny is a good character to have at the beginning of the match. take parts to places, can repair if you reroll to a good repair game, and she doesn’t get scared easily. however, with her slowness she definitely doesn’t do good near the end of the game or with most counselors escaped/dead. she doesn’t have the speed to run jason for too long and for having the final girl status, she isn’t that great of a final character. as jason if i have the option of chasing a tommy, vanessa, chad, etc or a jenny i’m going to go after jenny. some people can play her well that it’s still a little bit of a cat and mouse game but still easier than chasing a chad from cabin to cabin. i used to play Jenny when i first started but now at level 116 i use tiffany because of her stealth and stamina. so it all depends on the person playing too. 

8 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

That is because of her composure. Stealth only affects noise bubbles. Most jasons use sense to locate people, and Jennys high composure can help her avoid that.

Her stealth is also secretly higher. An 8.

I believe Jason will never hear her jogging unless within music range. I played a round with only two people before and I wasn't found until like the last two minutes.

35 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I have a feeling there's gonna be a surge of is [insert counselor name here] really useless threads coming up...

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

While we are on the subject of Jenny, has anyone noticed that the latest update has added some strange seam to her neck?

Yeah. It's really weird.

No Counselor is useless, all these people saying certain counselors are useless, don't play them, so they don't have use to them, I play random, so I play everyone.  And I have yet to run across any counselor I would deem "useless", just knowing their role, and playing it to the best of your ability is all you can do. 

Has anyone stopped to think, maybe Jenny isn't useless, but they are useless as Jenny?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jenny's strengths aren't well known because you need to have an indepth understanding of the stats in order to know what she's actually good at.

First, Jenny is the second least likely person to stumble, something that is very useful when fighting Jason because RNG can really screw you over if you stumble right when you were about to hit Jason with a baseball bat. This is due to her maxed composure (preventing fear penalties longer) plus her high luck (supposedly luck is supposedly to reduce your chances of stumbling, but since it's based on pure RNG it's unknown how much of an impact it has).

Secondly, Jenny can control her fear well because of her maxed composure, which means she's tied with Tommy in terms of resisting stumble/reduced stamina regeneration penalties that occur when character starts to hit higher levels of fear. According to Rydog, it takes her roughly 3:21 in order to reach maxed fear levels, though this can change depending on how many elements of fear you're exposed to. Either way, most people will go batshit crazy before Jenny does, and she's not entirely screwed if she does reach that point (although stumbling more often will suck if you're trying to hit Jason with a weapon).

Third, Luck is always a useful stat. It means more hits with weapons, noticeably baseball bats. She's also pretty decent at using the axe if you fight Jason with it in combat stance (which doubles the damage done by weapons), albeit this will also drive up Jason's Rage faster, so it should only be used as a make-shift baseball bat when you don't have one at hand. The axe's longer reach helps too.

The big thing I've come to learn is that her stats are geared directly to draw aggro from Jason rather than hide. Even though her stealth is actually stronger than six, she still makes noise whenever she jogs, so she can't really stay hidden compared to an actual stealth character. Furthermore, her weak speed of three plus mediocre stamina of five tends to draw Jason's attention since she appears to be easy pickings. However, she still jogs faster than a running Jason, but since it's not by a huge margin compared to speedy counselors like Vanessa she can draw Jason's attention to herself. According to Rydog, she can jog for roughly two minutes or sprint for 0:22 without stopping, something that means she can actually avoid Jason for a considerable amount of time before she has to either duck into a nearby cabin or fight Jason to recover stamina. It's not Tommy/Vanessa great, but it's certainly enough to get the job done.

Running Jasons tend to enjoy matching her pace rather than continuously burn Shift since two of the three have weaker shifts (and will want to keep in on hand so they can immediately hunt down a higher value target should one show up), so they instead trot along behind Jenny in order to burn her out. Part 3 would have to be Jenny's nemesis (the only running Jason that doesn't have a weaker Shift), which is fitting since Jenny is a doppelganger of Chris Higgins from the same movie. As for the zombie Jasons, it comes down to dodging the shift grabs/slashes then gaining a lead on them so you can rest, just like every other counselor.

TL;DR You pick her when you need to fight with Jason at your very best for roughly 3 minutes in order for your teammates to make some repairs, or you use her as bait since smarter Jasons won't follow a Vanessa or some other speedy counselor for long unless they're the only ones left.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

No Counselor is useless, all these people saying certain counselors are useless, don't play them, so they don't have use to them, I play random, so I play everyone.  And I have yet to run across any counselor I would deem "useless", just knowing their role, and playing it to the best of your ability is all you can do. 

Has anyone stopped to think, maybe Jenny isn't useless, but they are useless as Jenny?

I random alot, you wanna know what I think she's the best at? Driving the car.  Jenny's 8 luck allows her the second fastest car starting time of regular counselors in the game, 10 composure means she never loses her mini map like Chad. The car handles better when I use her than any other counselors. She is great at getting cars up and running, and driving the four seater around to pick up survivors. My Jenny has speed demon, to help with fixing and makes the car faster when I'm solo driving. She can be quite a diversion in the two seater too, keep Jason busy so shit gets done. Same with the boat, fast starting and great handling. Plus in-house, close quarters cabin combat she's badass. Just gotta have that car nearby for her escape, or have a bunch of cabins nearby to move to and hope to last the 20 mins. Long distance, open range chases are not ideal. Jason will have your ass, unless you're REAL good at turn and burn techniques. I've seen some people use Jenny really well. I've seen guys go half the match going cabin to cabin fighting like that, and yes against good Jason players too. I've seen a guy kite Jason with Lachappa for 11 minutes once, same technique going cabin to cabin fighting like that until 20 minutes were up. It all depends on how you play really, some can do it. Some can't....

I suggest that everybody run random counselors for a while and perk them up properly to balance out their weaknesses.

Not every counselor can be played the same way and once you realize that you'll see that none of them are truly useless. And it's probably the best way to find what playing style works best for you in the long run.

One nice way to buff Jenny would be to remove the double edged sword nature of composure where a high composure character takes forever to lose their fear and become calm again. No other stat is a double edged sword.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

One nice way to buff Jenny would be to remove the double edged sword nature of composure where a high composure character takes forever to lose their fear and become calm again. No other stat is a double edged sword.

Stealth is 100% completely useless if someone else has Jason's attention or if he is chasing you.

Strength becomes pointless once Jason is demasked or if you aren't trying to kill him.

Repair is only useful before objectives are completed.

2 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Stealth is 100% completely useless if someone else has Jason's attention or if he is chasing you.

Strength becomes pointless once Jason is demasked or if you aren't trying to kill him.

Repair is only useful before objectives are completed.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. None of those are harmful effects. Composure actually hurts you in a way that while it takes longer for you to get scared, it will then take forever to lose the fear, making it easier for Jason to reacquire you if he briefly broke off the chase in the first place.

12 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. None of those are harmful effects. Composure actually hurts you in a way that while it takes longer for you to get scared, it will then take forever to lose the fear, making it easier for Jason to reacquire you if he briefly broke off the chase in the first place.

I'm getting at invested points being entirely useless. I'd rather have the slight composure problem that is currently in the game instead of having high stealth which is almost always useless, high strength which again is 100% useless unless you are going for a kill and once the mask is off those stats might as well not exist anymore or super high repair which can be negated by your own teammates or by absence of things to repair.

You only feel the negative effects of composure if you live long enough to survive/escape Jason at which most people would probably say composure was the reason you survived in the first place since tripping at the worst possible time seems entirely too common according to some.

Saying that repair points are useless once the objectives are completed, or that strength is useless once you get the mask off is absurd. They've done their job and opened up the path to victory. What more do you need? Stealth is useful in that it makes it harder for Jason to pick up your general location. It won't save you if you are hanging around in an objective zone all alone, but it has use. It also lets you jog silently which makes evading and ambushing Jason in large buildings much easier.

Comparing a stat not being as permanently useful as speed to a stat like composure actually hurting the player in some cases is nonsense. Jenny should lose her fear very quickly and Chad should be terrified at almost all times and have trouble managing his fear even once Jason has left him for a time. Then maybe people would value composure.

1 hour ago, lazerus_86 said:

Interesting point.

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Saying that repair points are useless once the objectives are completed, or that strength is useless once you get the mask off is absurd. They've done their job and opened up the path to victory. What more do you need? Stealth is useful in that it makes it harder for Jason to pick up your general location. It won't save you if you are hanging around in an objective zone all alone, but it has use. It also lets you jog silently which makes evading and ambushing Jason in large buildings much easier.

Comparing a stat not being as permanently useful as speed to a stat like composure actually hurting the player in some cases is nonsense. Jenny should lose her fear very quickly and Chad should be terrified at almost all times and have trouble managing his fear even once Jason has left him for a time. Then maybe people would value composure.

If you have high repair points and didn't end up fixing anything can you still claim they were useful?There are just so many variables where repair turns out to be a flat out wasted stat.

Just removing the mask doesn't guarantee anything and what is strength useful for once he is demasked or if you aren't trying to kill him? It doesn't increase stun chance which would be the obvious solution.

If Jason is chasing someone else he won't be looking for the sound pings of other players. He will most likely be patrolling objectives waiting for people to come near which surprise completely undermines the usefulness of stealth which usually accompanies high repair. If you can somehow lose a Jason player in a house he saw you walk into without something else pulling his attention away I think its a safe bet they aren't very good. Block walking a corner or attack baiting a corner is very common and highly successful.

No composure would probably be still very low on the priority list because its worst effect mimimap loss can be perked to be always on. Darkness is a minor inconvenience unless you have night blindness and stumbling should rarely get you killed unless you are running directly into a waiting Jason.

I'd much rather the stats that basically suck as a whole be fixed before composure as you could just lend usability to composure through the revamp of them.

You don't need to have ended up repairing anything. The more repair characters you have the more likely that a repair will get done. As for getting the mask off only being useful if you want to kill Jason, once you've got the mask off the only thing stopping you from killing Jason is the high likelihood that the Jarvis player is a moron and doesn't have a mic to boot. You should always be aiming to kill Jason. Just getting a girl together, with the sweater, with Tommy at her side, both holding machetes is enough to make most Jasons turn coward and refuse to directly engage. You don't even need to get the mask off, because they know how few hits it will take.They'll often let you call the police because they don't want to risk dying, especially not when there are plenty of prey left that can't kill them.

Or, instead of trying to scientifically justify why Jenny is good, just admit that you just like the character for whatever reason.

-She reminds you of yourself.

-She reminds you of your girlfriend 

-She is some you'd like if they were real

-She's the most identifiable for you

Because literally when it comes to the girls, she's the weakest. Every other girl can either outrun her, or repair better. IMO the 2 things that matter in a real match. I'm not even talking about guy characters, because I know a lot of people play girls based on 'waifu' status, if you're a dude, or identity if you're a female. But if I include the guys as well, any of them does what she can do but better, which basically means the whole cast is better.

Again, basically, if you like Jenny, you like Jenny. We dont need to pretend we have all this deep info on what makes her good; it's anecdotal at best, especially because nothing is going to happen exactly the same between two matches.

• Like 3