Sign in to follow this  
Slit518

"Create" a Jason

What if we had the ability to create-a-Jason as well?

It would work like this:

1. Choose body type
  2. Choose mask type
  3. Choose weapon
  4. Choose Strengths
  5. Choose Weaknesses

So for example you can have Part 2 Jason body, with Part 9 mask, and Part 6 weapon.

Strengths could be - Faster Swim Speed, Traps, Shift Speed

Weaknesses could be - Slower Sense Recharge, Weak Grip Strength, Low Health

Thoughts on your own custom Jasons?

Let's be for real, we'd all probably pick the best strengths (shift, destruction, weapon strength) and the lowest weaknesses (grip strength, sense, can't run). Also, Part 2 having a part 9 mask would probably just end up looking really weird. I'm totally down for the weapons though. I'm sure the weapons could theoretically be interchangeable throughout all the Jasons.

• Like 1

I think the weapon swaps could eventually happen as pretty much every fan of the game is asking for it, but I doubt the Jason customization will go any rather than skins.

• Like 1

Choosing strengths and weaknesses should be a feature for offline bots before being added to multiplayer. Would be fun to be a running Jason with a long weapon like the spear and pitchfork. It would be quite difficult to stay out of that range.

• Like 1

We should be able to change clothes in the film, it would still be film accurate to be honest. We should be at to choose what clothes, face/body model and mask we want to use, and if we want to use him unmasked we should, 

In Part 2 Jason unmasked was likely a dream, in the beginning of 3 we see that Jason in his part 2 clothes at the beginning of the movie in the store, so if we want to use part 3 with the part 2 clothes we should

Also for alot of part 3 he's unmasked in the movie, so if we want to use him unmasked from the get go.

Also part 3 unmasked could be considered a dream, as part 4 was intended to look like the accurate adult version of Jason, so if we want to use the previous movie masks and clothes on him we should.

We should be able to mix and match the masks, clothes and models

4 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

This would be terrible and look god awful.

How would it? In the movies alot of the sequences are dreams or the victims memory of how he looks.

In part 3 at the beginning he's wearing the part 2 clothes with his new look

1 hour ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

How would it? In the movies alot of the sequences are dreams or the victims memory of how he looks.

In part 3 at the beginning he's wearing the part 2 clothes with his new look

That was in the movies and OK. Anything else is just bizarre.

18 hours ago, Correen said:

Let's be for real, we'd all probably pick the best strengths (shift, destruction, weapon strength) and the lowest weaknesses (grip strength, sense, can't run). Also, Part 2 having a part 9 mask would probably just end up looking really weird. I'm totally down for the weapons though. I'm sure the weapons could theoretically be interchangeable throughout all the Jasons.

Wrong sense is best strength in game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Wrong sense is best strength in game

:huh: Please tell me you're joking.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't really care for changing the looks of the Jason's, I prefer playing the movie based ones anyways but I would be all for being allowed to select a different weapon that was used in their respective movie.

The idea of selecting traits would be cool but it would have to limited to tiers so not to take the piss, so it would be a 10 star point cap, the best ones cost 5, then mid tier is 3 and the low tier is 2.

Just to avoid having all the best stuff and having hardly any weaknesses.

• Like 1

Ideas like this have been pitched in the past; especially with create your own counselor. 

For counselor, kind of cool because it can help to create a counselor based off your stat and style preferences. You can play off the trope you prefer or enjoy as well.

As for Jason, I can see it now, everyone has +destruction, +shift, can run. -water speed, -traps, -stalk. 

Personally, I see this as a waste of resources. Not to mention as @Hellraz3r noted, I want to play as the movie Jasons. I don't care to change their stats as it influences the gameplay and balance too much; which there has been enough of lately. 

Too much resources involved in this aspect when we can't even get dedicated servers rolling or a new map once a month. I will pass on this.

19 hours ago, Alkavian said:

:huh: Please tell me you're joking.

Nope it is I know a Lot of players say stalk but in my opinion stalk is overated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Nope it is I know a Lot of players say stalk but in my opinion stalk is overated

You know the difference between Sense + and Sense — is only 15m of detection range post-Rage right? That and the difference in cool down times. 

The only reason I like this is to be able to make pre-Uber Jason. But the kick in the balls would be that they won't include what you need to make him.

I would much rather have Create a Counselor.

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

You know the difference between Sense + and Sense — is only 15m of detection range post-Rage right? That and the difference in cool down times. 

if thats what they say i know anytime i use part 6or7 i can immediately see all the way across the map post rage 

What about an entirely new game where you make your own killer or your own counselor? Maybe they could revisit their "Summer Camp Vol 1" idea they had from the start that was supposed to be  a tribute to Friday the 13th and make that into an online sandbox horror game where people make their own killers and counselors, have them battle each other, and they have stuff like "killer of the week", "vote for most creative killer", etc.

Finally completed virtual cabin and, without spoiling anything, I will say any Jason can have any other Jason's animations and use any weapon. They're just models. 

A custom Jason option would be great. Choose the Jason, choose the weapon and gain that weapon's kills if unlocked, and choose 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.

With what I now know already exists in the game, they could do this.

im all for choosing the weapon too. anyone remember the pre release trailer showcasing like 4 minutes of kills? they had a ton of kills on pt 2 and pt 3 with different weapons (machete, pitchfork that had the savini jason kills, a wooden spear etc) i was very let down to see that the jasons all ended up having a fixed weapon with 3 fixed kills per jason. i can imagine as well that being able to choose the weapon would give the devs a lil more sales on the kill packs too. id actually buy the pt4 and pt7 executions if they werent just fixed to one jason.

maybe, if the devs dont wanna give us some weapon kills for some jasons (such as they dont want non savini backers to have the pitchfork savini kills?) they could still give us a choice of appropriate weapons that the killers had in their respective movies instead.