Sign in to follow this  
NScarlato

Be straight with us - are we getting dedicated servers?

6 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

They've made several clear statements on this. They're coming. But it takes time. It's a huge undertaking. Really, it is. That part is true.  But this is why they should have put all this in motion pre-launch. They just didn't think it was necessary. Which is foolish.

Who knows though...maybe things have changed and they're not coming after all. But they've always been pretty adamant that they're on the way and that it will take a while. They never said it would be quick.

Why is it a huge undertaking? I'm not trolling just ignorant on the subject. What do they have to do exactly?

Kinda my thoughts on it too. I understand things take time, but how long has this game been out and the servers should be priority #1. Tweaking the actual game can come afterwards or else it doesn't matter if players have abandoned the game due to the servers.

It’s going to take a while for them to get here. Put it this way, For Honor which has the backing of a billion dollar corporation, Ubisoft, is just getting around to releasing dedicated servers(just had the beta for them a couple weeks ago). That game released a year ago and dedicated servers were discussed almost instantly after launch and they are just now getting around to them. We probably won’t even see dedicated servers here until July at the earliest. It’s a major undertaking. 

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Why is it a huge undertaking? I'm not trolling just ignorant on the subject. What do they have to do exactly?

They’re basically starting from scratch. It’s not as simple as just copy and pasting from p2p servers to dedicated servers. 

Goddamn, it must be then. I'm cool as long as they really are working on them, but the frustration doesn't appear to be going away any time soon. lol

1 minute ago, Gacys Clown said:

Goddamn, it must be then. I'm cool as long as they really are working on them, but the frustration doesn't appear to be going away any time soon. lol

Oh I’m with ya. It’s incredibly frustrating, but these guys can only work with what they have and when compared to a Ubisoft or Activision, that ain’t much.  

join a public lobby are you host? no okay leave and join a public lobby are you host?........

6 hours ago, Gacys Clown said:

Well I've wasted about four hours of my f'n day today. I'm pretty sure I've completed two out of however many games I've been playing straight. Unbelievable this hasn't been fixed yet. How do they expect players to continue to play and support this game (and it IS a good game) if they can't tackle the biggest issue it has right now and that's players just quitting out, ruining the experience for all the rest of us. They have these ridiculous achievements/trophies attached to this game too to play thousands of games and virtually none of them count because players can't be bothered to finish a match.

About done with this game until this is fixed. No one wants their time wasted like this when there's literally thousands of other games out there.

Fantastic points, and as other posters have said this is happening more and more with all the new players

2 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Fantastic points, and as other posters have said this is happening more and more with all the new players

I can see it with new players more because I don't think there is nothing that says leaving the game as a host will cancel the match(not sure, I have never left a match early).  I can see a lot of new players thinking it is like Dead By Daylight since these games usually get paired up since they are the same genre.  In DBD, you are allowed to leave after death with no consequence to the game or you.  Maybe IllFonic should change the quit message or make it more known they will not receive XP/CP and might cancel the game for others.  

I play on PC but have been playing on an Xbox over the holidays and it is straight garbage! Holy shit thank God for bots!

And why can't I see the ping of the host, so I know to leave if it's shit? 

Bloody hell, as the English would say.

The textures are weird too, but that's a whole other issue.

there is a huge influx of new folks. I decide to stream my game last night with a few friends and a guy watching told me he was getting the game tomorrow as gamestop was having a sale on the game, and it was $11.99. I couldn't find this said deal, but if this is true.. wow will we see a bunch of new players.

at this point, there's no amount of new content that'll bring me back to MP. i'm done wasting my time on this game when hours of gameplay can result in one or two finished matches.

i'm starting to doubt whether we'll ever see them. the longer this drags on, the more likely this game will be dead by the time they've got 'em ready. 

servers are coming and there is  Massive discussion on this already open. Please move the conversation to that thread. To answer a few questions I have seen when going through this "why is it such a large undertaking?" well servers alone are all well and good you set them up, configure them and you are good to go. While that sounds like simple work it is still time consuming. Now to add to that work load the situation changes drastically when you move to consoles. PC is more of an open platform consoles are a closed very strict platform regulated by respective platform holders. You are taking servers that will be communicating to Xbox live and PSN services. There are a ton of considerations security wise that Microsoft and Sony take into consideration before allowing that to happen. This results from several rigorous security audits of the servers with long time frames for completion. Then once you get the approval to use them you must then work to have them integrate to work with the services and that must all be working well before they can go live. The gift and the curse of console ownership is the security that comes with it. The gift is you don't have to worry about issues PC does when you put in a game, it just plays at the platform holders ensure that it does. Same.goes for any service accessing thier network. Steam is just a digital storefront and not a platform which is why PC servers and approvals are almost non existent. 

• Like 1