DannyHarold

Why do people keep doing the same kills?

If they're new, they don't have enough CP to unlock the kills, so try to be nice. The online community is a cesspool enough as it is.

Also if they play by numbers, they'll choose asphyxiation because it's statistically the fastest kill....yea they're boring as fuck those players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

If they're new, they don't have enough CP to unlock the kills, so try to be nice. The online community is a cesspool enough as it is.

Also if they play by numbers, they'll choose asphyxiation because it's statistically the fastest kill....yea they're boring as fuck those players. 

Choke isn't the fastest, it can just be activated anywhere

Headpunch is fasted.

Choke and Eye Gauge can be activated almost anywhere soooooo.

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I know, but i'm talking about the level 50- 80s that just spam ' asphyxiate' one everyone. I want to see him swirl someone damnit!

Outside it´s the small maps that make things hard here. i try to do different kills but on the small maps there is so many areas where you can only choke outside.

still better than the "buhuhhh, they got knives, i slash everyone until devs fix it" people.

• Like 1

Head punch is quick and allows for you to get back at it instead of a 15-Second animation that allows others to disappear or start the car and drive away while the animation is still going.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chad face said:

Sometimes I tend to accidentally repeat kills I killed 4 people by hugs 

I do that with weapon kills. When I look at the diamond I sometimes can't remember which kills I did from seeing the icons alone.

1 hour ago, DannyHarold said:

It's boring as hell to watch jason choke all 7/8 counselors. STOP BEING BORING!!

People will start using other kills when the game rewards jason for going out of his way and wasting time to use them, when he could just use choke or head punch and quickly move onto other players.

While it might be "boring", jason doesn't have the time to waste vs good players.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

While it might be "boring", jason doesn't have the time to waste vs good players.

Unless I'm in a grumpy mood or I don't like the people in the lobby, I always try to mix it up. I would start losing interest in the game otherwise. 

And when it comes to good players, if they're not being dicks and they're putting in the work, I'll sacrifice some time to get a specific grab kill off, even at the expense of a couple people escaping.

• Like 1

I don't typically do it.

But its rather obvious why people do it.

1. Quicker

2. Only way to grab kill quick if you're being mobbed, otherwise you'll get the whine about being a 'slasher', not that I care about that either, I kill any way I want

Combat stance isn't a good enough defense mechanic anymore like it was months ago when Jason could block flares at the very least in combat stance. If he had other defensive options when being mobbed like multi kill or a shove/throw mechanic...then who knows.

• Like 1

I'm level 30 and I haven't bought a single Jason kill. Sometimes people don't have any other kills to choose from.

Choke and instakill, or go two steps for something else and get whacked in the back of the fucking head by Chad/Vanessa?  That's not a hard choice.

• Thanks 1

It can be frustrating when playing as jason and you grab someone and you can't trigger a kill due to the space needed, so its good to have an easy "anywhere kill". Also as people have mentioned, sometimes you need to kill someone nearby before they get away, fix phone or something else, so a quick kill is important as well.

of course if you are grabbing someone, you probably don't have another counselor nearby or they will try to attack to break your hold, unless you do a really fast kill. Of course pocket knives will break the person free regardless of how fast that kill is.

hence why more and more just slash. :)

i usually keep 1 kill i like on the bar and save it for when games where things are going well and I have time to do a grab/kill combo. 

19 hours ago, DannyHarold said:

It's boring as hell to watch jason choke all 7/8 counselors. STOP BEING BORING!!

1st Amendment gaming right: Freedom to kill as one pleases.

19 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

Why do people keep duplicating threads that already exist? ?

They can't be bothered to read through what already exists. Short attention span maybe?

18 hours ago, DannyHarold said:

I know, but i'm talking about the level 50- 80s that just spam ' asphyxiate' one everyone. I want to see him swirl someone damnit!

If you want something done right, you could play as Jason and do it yourself...

18 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Maybe they should add a performance penalty for people that spam the same kill. Have Jason's abilities regenerate slower.

You want to penalize someone for playing how they enjoy? Or perhaps someone who may not have unlocked other kills yet?

i used to just cycle through the same four, meaning I do them twice each, but now I try as hard as I can to do a different kill for every counselor if at all possible. 

Get good and dont die. then you never have to see him do the same kill over and over.

6 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You want to penalize someone for playing how they enjoy? Or perhaps someone who may not have unlocked other kills yet?

Yes. Games do stuff like that all the time.

These things can also be scaled to make room for when you don't have the CP to get the extra kills, so it's not unfair. I look at it more as an incentive than a penalty. 

People should strive for variety. It's good for the brain.

53 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Yes. Games do stuff like that all the time.

These things can also be scaled to make room for when you don't have the CP to get the extra kills, so it's not unfair. I look at it more as an incentive than a penalty. 

People should strive for variety. It's good for the brain.

I agree with variety being good for the brain. Make it a setting in a private match, and that would be fine.

Jason should have a kill where he holds out his hand and the counselors lean forward and choke themselves like on Full Metal Jacket.  "Goddamn it!  With my hand, numbnuts!"

14 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I agree with variety being good for the brain. Make it a setting in a private match, and that would be fine.

Ya know, I'm gonna take that back. Don't penalize performance but give much more XP for mixing it up. Make it really worthwhile for new players, so they level up quicker and form the habit of versatility for the future.

There's nothing more fun for me as a dead or escaped counselor to spectate and see Jason go off on people in all sorts of ways.

3 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

Jason should have a kill where he holds out his hand and the counselors lean forward and choke themselves like on Full Metal Jacket.  "Goddamn it!  With my hand, numbnuts!"

Hahahaaa! Brilliant!

35 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Ya know, I'm gonna take that back. Don't penalize performance but give much more XP for mixing it up. Make it really worthwhile for new players, so they level up quicker and form the habit of versatility for the future.

There's nothing more fun for me as a dead or escaped counselor to spectate and see Jason go off on people in all sorts of ways.

Hahahaaa! Brilliant!

Incentives work better than penalties these days...