Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MichaelMemers

The PC version's anti-cheat is completely blown open

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

How else can you play it on the PC if not in Steam. Steam controls all.

I believe he's claiming nobody plays it on PC period.  Which really isn't true, there's still a solid core of regular players.  Plus, there's been a group of new ones that spike in because of the sales.  You can get matched in quickplay within 1-2 minutes tops regardless of time of day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many of those 2000 are playing Bots.

My friend plays League of Legends and you can get a ban for typing "You suck" in the chat, but that game is an industry onto itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The.Dark.God said:

I believe he's claiming nobody plays it on PC period.  Which really isn't true, there's still a solid core of regular players.  Plus, there's been a group of new ones that spike in because of the sales.  You can get matched in quickplay within 1-2 minutes tops regardless of time of day.

Truth.

PC Matchmaking is still a lot faster than consoles, even if the player count is lower. There's more teamwork and chatting on PC too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Max Walker said:

hahaha don't.  This game's bugs is out of control...every patch they break new ground on breaking something that was working perfectly. It's like a bunch of monkeys are flinging poo at each other are the bug testers.

I own this game on PS4, so I know the bugs are strong with this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a while ago on pc.  Someone was playing as part 2 who seemed to not have an ability cooldown.  My screen was a constant “tape blur” for a good few minutes until they killed me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The.Dark.God said:

I believe he's claiming nobody plays it on PC period.  Which really isn't true, there's still a solid core of regular players.  Plus, there's been a group of new ones that spike in because of the sales.  You can get matched in quickplay within 1-2 minutes tops regardless of time of day.

I agree, I play non stop on the PC and games start up quickly. I I join a lobby with annoying people I can drop and join a fresh lobby right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played a couple of hours. No cheaters.

I'd hardly say the anti-cheat has been blown wide open. There might be a few. But it's not an epidemic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you play enough on Steam you'll see some pretty curious things, especially if the lobby is populated with players from Russia and other Asian countries. It isn't rampant but you definitely see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It's a shame to hear this. Hopefully Gun fixes this soon. Tho I'm glad I'm on the PS4, I have a bit before the hackers find away onto the PS4

If hackers wanna ruin something, they are gonna always find a way...

20 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well I'll see lol Hopefully the sale is still going on by the 31. That's when I get some extra cash in lol 

Aren't you rolling in cash? You did buy the camp after all... B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

If hackers wanna ruin something, they are gonna always find a way...

Aren't you rolling in cash? You did buy the camp after all... B)

Yeah hackers will ruin a game but it does take time before they do.

Um... my dad owns the camp, plus I've been cut off for awhile 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Just played a couple of hours. No cheaters.

I'd hardly say the anti-cheat has been blown wide open. There might be a few. But it's not an epidemic.

Agreed.  The thing about cheats is that they give you such a upper-hand that things will get boring fast.  This game has no ranking system or incentive to win other than XP, after a day or two, a typical cheater will just move on to other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Agreed.  The thing about cheats is that they give you such a upper-hand that things will get boring fast.  This game has no ranking system or incentive to win other than XP, after a day or two, a typical cheater will just move on to other things.

Cheaters don't cheat to win. They cheat to make other people angry.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Lots of kids, however.

I've been on the Xbox this week and my Lord, the children are out in force.

And I feel bad for Xbox players cause finding a lobby that isn't technical trash is so hard. I have a lot of respect for the people that have stuck with the game with these awful server problems. I wouldn't be able to play long term under these conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I played for a few hours last night. No cheating was seen. Lots of kids, however.

Surge of new player came in due to Christmas.  This game seams very "twitch viewing friendly", so make sense it has become appealing to kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah hackers will ruin a game but it does take time before they do.

Um... my dad owns the camp, plus I've been cut off for awhile 

That sucks, looks like I'll spot ya for the game... B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

That sucks, looks like I'll spot ya for the game... B)

Your gonna buy little old me a copy of Friday the 13th as a late Christmas gift, that's so nice of you :hearteyestiff:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 5:57 AM, VAC_MAN said:

New video Uploads this Night speed hack and xp follows soon

Hey @[IllFonic]Courier @GunMedia_Ben @ShiftySamurai this is the guy!!!

This cunt, piece of shit has got to go!!!!

Get em!!!! 

How can he be deleted from the entire internet?

Mr. Vacation Man needs to be on permanent vacation. There's gotta be some legal way to seriously affect this loser's ability to access the internet. Can he be made an example of?

Stomp this mother out!

I'm sure his antisocial behavior won't stop at games either.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar thing happen to me. I’d grab someone and then instantly I’d drop them being stunned to what was fireworks. They would stand there and let me grab them again, and the same thing would happen. After the 5th time I knew something was up, so I let them go and....well I mean they survived. While this was happening I must of slashed them 20 times as well....they never limped or used a med spray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I've been on the Xbox this week and my Lord, the children are out in force.

And I feel bad for Xbox players cause finding a lobby that isn't technical trash is so hard. I have a lot of respect for the people that have stuck with the game with these awful server problems. I wouldn't be able to play long term under these conditions. 

It's times like these that make me glad I'm playing on PC. At least we don't have to suffer through the server issues our Xbox and PS4 brothers and sisters have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

It's times like these that make me glad I'm playing on PC. At least we don't have to suffer through the server issues our Xbox and PS4 brothers and sisters have to.

It's a shame and i regret it a little for being hard on forum members that spam "dedicated servers" threads (even though they should keep it to one thread:angry:).

And to nitpick, the textures are lacking a bit and sometimes look weird, like J7's pants don't look right from time to time. It's like he had to borrow a pair from J8. I tend to be distracted by aesthetics. And 60+ fps is a lot nicer than 30.

PC is the way to go!

The Xbox One X is impressive though. It'll be nice to see what the future holds for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The Xbox One X is impressive though. It'll be nice to see what the future holds for it.

I have a feeling it'll end up being like the Sega Genesis 32X. Remember that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea but the One X is legit. They'll just have to phase out the One and One S. The 32X was a last ditch effort and went in the wrong direction for what was going on in the industry at the time.

I do overlook the $500 price tag, but that's because I'm coming from a $1000+ PC state of mind.

Consoles have to improve and the One X is doing it right. At worse, it might end up being an in-between increase towards the next gen, but it's not a gimmick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×