Sign in to follow this  
deathbat96777

Does "film accurate" always work for a game?

So I've been thinking a lot lately about how this game pays a lot of attention to key details from the films, such as the stats, strengths, and speeds of each Jason. However, considering Jason has been severely nerfed, is film accuracy really all that important? One thing I've considered to fix Jason is giving every Jason the ability to run, not just the ones that run in the movies. This would help tremendously with Part 7 Jason, for instance. You could balance this out by giving all the Jasons a slower shift and you could also improve Jason's playability by giving each Jason the same destruction strength, preferably  the same as Part 8. To me, it makes more sense for the destruction to be based off the weapon itself and not the Jason, so to break down my ideas and add a few extra I'm too lazy to explain:

. Make every Jason able to run as fast as Part IV Jason.

. To balance this out, make it so that every Jason has the same shift speed as Part 3 Jason.

. Give every Jason the same destruction as Part 8 Jason

. Make it so that every map only has four pocket knives, three of which counselors can find, and then the one Tommy has

. Tommy no longer spawns in with a med spray, just the knife

. Parts 6, 7, 8, and 9 Jason can no longer be killed the same way, the way you kill them is different. Instead of finding a sweater and giving Tommy a machete, you have to find a boulder with a chain attached to it, and you have to fix the boat. Make Tommy the boat driver and have Jason chase you in the boat, and have a girl counselor as a passenger. Tommy will tie the chain around Jason's neck and choke him, and the girl counselor will hit a button that turns the propeller and chops up Jason's face. Much harder kill to pull off.

. Parts 6, 7, 8, and 9 Jasons can no longer be completely knocked on their backs by any melee attacks or gun shots, only stunned to where they turn to the side or shield their faces from firecrackers

. Takes one less throwing knife to kill a counselor

. Crawling in and out of broken windows cause more damage

. Only Tommy has a shot gun, but to make up for the lack of shot guns, his shot gun can be used three times and not just once. Why would you show up with one bullet anyway?

. Counselors can now pick up revolvers instead of shot guns. There will be three on each map, but the catch is that each one only has one bullet in the chamber, so you may have to circle through hitting the trigger several times before you actually land on the bullet to shoot Jason. This would include a pop up mini game to spin the gun and try to land on the bullet by hitting the buttons in the right sequence

. Jason can now loot bodies and throw them through windows to increase the fear of counselors.

. Jason can use throwing knives to pop the tires on the cars and stop them. If this happens, someone will have to get out and hold down x and the tire will magically fix itself.

No, because even running Jason's cant run fast enough to catch anyone unless they are out of stamina or injured. Walking Jason walks about the same speed Jason "jogs" 

Simple solution - nerf the f*** out of counselors, while giving Jason virtually unstoppable stats

IF

Jason's morph and shift are taken away. Trust me, it'll work.

No, nothing should be changed about the individual Jasons, they are fine like they are.  They just need to make his grab and slash about half way to the way it was at launch and like I mentioned in my post about Rage Mode... he needs to be damn near unstoppable when Rage activates.  His stun should only last half as long and the debris after busting through the door hurts a counselor standing by it and pocket knives shouldn't be a factor anymore during Rage.

@deathbat96777 some of your ideas have some merit (Jason-specific deaths, looting and throwing bodies, popping tires, etc.) But making every Jason run, shift, and break doors exactly the same would seriously reduce any incentive to pick one Jason over another.