Sign in to follow this  
Alcanx

Confirmed up to at least 7 pocketknives per match

@pioneer67fkd 3 knives? my little jason pony? seriously? i bet you also want 3 extrap traps for every jason.

i have yet to see that much knives as Jason. 5 is the most i came across wich is an acceptable amount. also there is videos about freaking everything from this game on YT but none with that much knives.

what i see is people using knives 4 time in a row. and he didn´t pick one up and had one left when i slashed him. before we cry for mesasures desperatly, they should fix that bug first, and then let´s see again. (this might be a cheat, but there is a bug that let´s you use the knive twice, had that already)

• Like 1

I’m not sure I’m buying this. As it was pointed, out earlier, there doesn’t seem to be any video of people coming across 7 or 8 knives, just oddly set up images on Reddit. IF however there truly are 7 plus PKs per match, then that is f’ing ridiculous and absolutely needs to be corrected immediately. No way in hell there should be a knife for every counselor. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I’m not sure I’m buying this. As it was pointed, out earlier, there doesn’t seem to be any video of people coming across 7 or 8 knives, just oddly set up images on Reddit. IF however there truly are 7 plus PKs per match, then that is f’ing ridiculous and absolutely needs to be corrected immediately. No way in hell there should be a knife for every counselor. 

Yeah, someone went out of their way to photoshop exactly 7 knives into an image, because anything less just wouldn't get the point across, huh? 

Read the comments on the image, the guy who took the screenshot explained that everyone else in the lobby were new and weren't searching draws, so him and his friend went and gathered all the ones they could find. 

48 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

Yeah, someone went out of their way to photoshop exactly 7 knives into an image, because anything less just wouldn't get the point across, huh? 

Read the comments on the image, the guy who took the screenshot explained that everyone else in the lobby were new and weren't searching draws, so him and his friend went and gathered all the ones they could find. 

1 hour ago, John Wick said:

getting video could prove to be difficult because: 

1. the only player that could capture the video would be the jason player which, in and of itself, significantly reduces the odds of it being recorded. then factor in to that the chances of said jason being the type of player that records their matches AND uploads them and I'm not surprised there's no video. 

2. any knives used on traps would be hard to account for. 

3. any unused/unfound knives couldn't  be accounted for. 

it looks like I'm not missing much in MP. this is even more reason not to come back until balance is addressed and they had dedicated servers. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, matisangry said:

getting video could prove to be difficult because: 

1. the only player that could capture the video would be the jason player which, in and of itself, significantly reduces the odds of it being recorded. then factor in to that the chances of said jason being the type of player that records their matches AND uploads them and I'm not surprised there's no video. 

2. any knives used on traps would be hard to account for. 

3. any unused/unfound knives couldn't  be accounted for. 

it looks like I'm not missing much in MP. this is even more reason not to come back until balance is addressed and they had dedicated servers. 

Not to mention the patch isn't exactly that old yet. How come a video is more 'proof' than a screenshot, anyway? They really think someones gonna spend the time perfectly editing in one more knife just cause? 

5 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

there should only be 3 knives per map 2 that are findable and tommy's that is how  you solve pocket knive problem @GunMedia_Ben

Now that's just ridiculous. Going from one extreme to another is a silly way to 'improve' things.

People exaggerate immensely when it comes to pocket knives, if there's so many damn knives all the time there would be at the very least a good handful of vids to prove it already. Until there's just one or none at all people will continue to bitch about this. 

11 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

Not to mention the patch isn't exactly that old yet. How come a video is more 'proof' than a screenshot, anyway? They really think someones gonna spend the time perfectly editing in one more knife just cause? 

this above all else. it's funny to think the default thought is that someone wasted their time photoshopping a bunch of pocket knives in to a screen grab for no apparent reason. 

7 minutes ago, matisangry said:

this above all else. it's funny to think the default thought is that someone wasted their time photoshopping a bunch of pocket knives in to a screen grab for no apparent reason. 

Not to mention they have their friend highlighting the knives with their torch. If you've photoshopped before, you know it's a LOT harder to make look 'realistic' with varying light. If they planned on photoshopping, they'd have kept it dark. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UntilDawna said:

Now that's just ridiculous. Going from one extreme to another is a silly way to 'improve' things.

People exaggerate immensely when it comes to pocket knives, if there's so many damn knives all the time there would be at the very least a good handful of vids to prove it already. Until there's just one or none at all people will continue to bitch about this. 

its not extreme thats exactly the amount there used to be 

10 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@pioneer67fkd 3 knives? my little jason pony? seriously? i bet you also want 3 extrap traps for every jason.

i have yet to see that much knives as Jason. 5 is the most i came across wich is an acceptable amount. also there is videos about freaking everything from this game on YT but none with that much knives.

what i see is people using knives 4 time in a row. and he didn´t pick one up and had one left when i slashed him. before we cry for mesasures desperatly, they should fix that bug first, and then let´s see again. (this might be a cheat, but there is a bug that let´s you use the knive twice, had that already)

5 is not an acceptable amount 3 is how many you could have when game originally released and its also minimum of traps jason has 4,7 and nine and most likely uber when he is released now for something else i want gone that dumbass scream from counselors so you can hide in plain sight again 

3 is fine. If the devs want one per counselor (bad fucking idea btw) they should just equip them from the start and not make it a race for counselors to speed loot and keep multiple knives for themselves.

And 3 knives is fine. That's what it was at launch. With the amount of sprays and nerfs to traps you don't need any more than that.

• Like 2

Pocketknives were once rare to find and made you feel lucky to find one but now they’re seriously are all over the place. 7 knives definitely seems possible cause I’ve been finding 3-4 knives on my own lately in matches. And btw @pioneer67fkd Jasons have either 3, 5, or 7 traps.

1 hour ago, doitagain said:

Pocketknives were once rare to find and made you feel lucky to find one but now they’re seriously are all over the place. 7 knives definitely seems possible cause I’ve been finding 3-4 knives on my own lately in matches. And btw @pioneer67fkd Jasons have either 3, 5, or 7 traps.

Please read the comment I said it' the minimum amount which is 3 for parts 4,7 and 9 which all only have 3 traps

12 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Please read the comment I said it' the minimum amount which is 3 for parts 4,7 and 9 which all only have 3 traps

Oh I get what you mean now. Adding periods can help though so it’s easier to comprehend your run-on sentence.

• Like 1

It's clear that they did not reduce the spawn rate of items inside cabins at all, despite saying they would do so. Instead they just added more items to campgrounds. Disappointing. There should only be 3 pocket knives on the map, 4 if we count Tommy's. Anything more is overkill.

If I'm playing Jason and I get hit with 4 to 5 pocket knives It wouldn't bug me if there weren't enough spares to also get around all the traps I also placed.  They are a good tool to disarm a trap and important for counselor survivor, but when players can get around 3+ traps and still keep 3 to 4 players safe from grabs it does feel a bit too much.

of course there are some matches, where 2 to 3 players get away, never find a pocket knife, and the 3 players left seem to share 7 knives between them, so grabbing gets frustrating, which again leads to slash fest.  

Oh yeah, just "a bit too much." JCFC :rolleyes:

Here's something fun, too: there are more knives spawning in many games than actually get into counselors' hands. On Packanack Small in the front room of Jason's shack, left side facing in, a knife spawns in the corner...inaccessible, but with that 'pick me up' glimmer these things have. Ditto for a set of barrels at the campsite that sometimes spawns on the Higgins Haven island.

Tie the number of pocket knives to the number of Jason traps.  Problem solved.  Using part two means you deal with 7 knives, using part seven means you deal with three.  Counselors need to choose wisely on how to use them.  With the large amount of med sprays and the medic perk, you can just tank them anyway.  

• Like 1

3 pocket knives and 2 med sprays in one cabin on Packanak. Took 2 and 1. I actually left behind a pocket knife. Grabbed a little later by Jason and picked up a new 2nd at a campsite. 4 right there. Plus Tommy, 5. A Vanessa in the match set a trap near the phone, there's 6. No idea who else was carrying. They're out of control. 

Limiting the number of knives to the number of traps seems logical but I rarely see anyone use them for traps. In fact it's become so common for players to try and tank them that I usually won't attempt a repair unless I'm alone. Too many times have I approached a trapped objective with a pocket knife on hand and some dope goes barreling in to the trap and alerting Jason.

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Tie the number of pocket knives to the number of Jason traps.  Problem solved.  Using part two means you deal with 7 knives, using part seven means you deal with three.  Counselors need to choose wisely on how to use them.  With the large amount of med sprays and the medic perk, you can just tank them anyway.  

This is ridiculous. It would result in everyone just tanking the traps at the cost of medspray and keeping the knives to prevent getting grabbed. Part 7 would need to catch people tons of times despite being one of the weaker chasers. People only use pocket knives to disarm lone phone traps, and even then most will just step in the trap.

Almost every game I’ve played as Jason, since the influx of Swiss Army knives, I’ve been slashing. And almost every game When I’ve gone through 4 or 5 counselors, the host quits.

Aldermach, I would love to play some games with you if you are on ps4. Just to hear more reactions, like the one you elicited from Sylvester in the award winning “Only dicks shhhhhhhlaaaaasssh.” Video.

Until they remove the Swiss Army knife cache’ at Crystal Lake, I say let them eat slash.

Why would anyone think this is a lie?  o_O  I can tell you I had a couple matches where I found four pocket knives myself—who knows how many others found some too. And I played a round today where there were three pocket knives dumped by the police exit and every time I play as Jason now I get at least four in the neck.  It’s definitely real.  lol

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

This is an excellent idea, though I'd leave Jarvis as a +1 to all those numbers.