Sign in to follow this  
Alcanx

Confirmed up to at least 7 pocketknives per match

This image was recently uploaded to reddit, I've seen various topics as of late regarding the increase in pocketknives, but no one could determine the exact ammount (argued between 5-7). 

Edit: It's incredible how many people are claiming that this is 'fake' lmao. Read the comments, the guy explains that the lobby was filled with newer players and weren't searching draws/campsites properly, giving him and his friend the opportunity to gather as many knives as they could. 

'Video or it's fake!' Really? And whats stopping you calling the video fake? There are MANY reasons there aren't any video of this yet. 

For example: influx of newer players not gathering knives, pocketknives being used on traps, people escaping with knives, knives being left in 'searched' houses, a Jason player having to be the one to record, said Jason player actually uploading/posting the video, the patch not being that old yet. 

• Like 2

I've only played quick play as Jason  twice since bots came out and I did absolutely awful because of pocket knives. Played a match as Part 2 and got 5 or 6 in the neck. Only got 3 out of 8. Played a match as Jason Goes to Hell and only got 4 out of 7 because of pocket knives. This is coming from someone who normally clears the whole lobby. 

20 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

This image was recently uploaded to reddit, I've seen various topics as of late regarding the increase in pocketknives, but no one could determine the exact ammount (argued between 5-7). 

That right there is why slashing is the way to go ATM. Save yourself a ton of headache and aggravation.

6 minutes ago, PastyMcBalderton said:

That right there is why slashing is the way to go ATM. Save yourself a ton of headache and aggravation.

Part 3/4 OP pls nerf 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I guess the devs wanted to make sure all the counselors were able to get a knife just like Tommy.

All the more reason to go with @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

His idea about making knives a defensive item you can only carry one of.

A better idea might be to make it so you can't use a pocket knife while in a limping state, and to increase the amount of time needed to heal so you can't do it in Jason's face when he isn't even stunned.

CAREFUL!!!!   I was called a liar when I stated this before the patch.  It was more rare then, but did happen.  It is probably common now with the patch.  

Look guys, this has to be fake news. John Wick called BS, so the debate ended. No new evidence allowed.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:38 PM, John Wick said:

I’m calling total bulls**t on those claiming they ate 7 or 8 pocket knives. I’m almost certain it’s just your imagination that you encountered that many, or you’re just simply exaggerating. I know it seems like after youve taken a couple in the neck that EVERY counselor has one, but it’s just not the case. Now if this can be proven, with video evidence I’ll recant that statement, but my experience hasn’t seen an increase in knives. I’m still coming across 4-5 per match. 

9 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Increase the amount of time needed to heal so you can't do it in Jason's face when he isn't even stunned.

Tbh, I think this is the only game I've played so far that has an 'instant heal'. All other games generally take time to use a healing item. Even in Fallout, stimpacks may instant heal crippled limbs, but the actual health regen takes time. 

Don't even get me started on fortnite. That victory royale would have been MINE if you had just waited 2 more seconds, you damned camper! 

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

A better idea might be to make it so you can't use a pocket knife while in a limping state, and to increase the amount of time needed to heal so you can't do it in Jason's face when he isn't even stunned.

Did you check out my thread? I think my Defense Item idea is better than simply denying pocket knives in a crippled state. My thread has a bit of depth to it.

In a match a couple of days ago, I had THREE knives in my inventory after searching just two cabins, one of which was a tiny mini-cabin.

I was like, WTF?

And then in my best Boris from Goldeneye voice, I shouted out, “I am INVINCIBLE!!!!!” 

Too silly. One max per counselor. If you use it, you can get another one if you can find one. Should not be more than 3-4 knives on a map, if even that. Also, once in limp mode, you can’t stab Jason with it.

I once had a counselor who refused to run from me, just did small circles around me. I knew what he was doing, but had no choice. Figure I’d waste the knife. So I grabbed him, and yep, got knifed, and he took off and was gone. Haha. He probably had two or more knives.

What if Jason could counter the knife like you do in Battlefield? The counselor goes to stick the knife in Jason's neck and he twists it and shoves it through their throat like Jason did to the guy in the remake.

Knives should not be a guaranteed escape, but instead trigger QTEs that must be nailed by the counselor. Composure and fear should govern whether it's one generously-sized QTE or a bunch of smaller ones.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Knives should not be a guaranteed escape, but instead trigger QTEs that must be nailed by the counselor. Composure and fear should govern whether it's one generously-sized QTE or a bunch of smaller ones.

I like this. It can’t be time-consuming though as that will hurt Jason.

• Like 1

There was probably more left around campsites. I can confirm that as Jason I’ve been hit with 6 in a match a few days ago. Counting Tommy’s 7...

Just got done playing a QP match and found 2 in the same cabin and then one at a campsite which gave me 3 on hand.

There is definitely a absurd amount of pocketknives now. I don’t even try bother grabbing with Jason anymore. It’s Part 4 or 3 for now on....which is sad cause I love playing with 9 the most. 

Also the amount of holdiday children is staggering. I’ve seen it all over the forums but I didn’t get the severity of it until a few hours ago when I hopped on and played. Many of them grabbing weapons and gathering to go Jason hunting. Soon as the match would start they were already talking about where to meet up at. Jason piñata and teabags for 10 to 12 minutes straight.

Last time I played Jason I think I only ran into two counselors who didn't have pocket knives and that was very early match.  Everyone else had at least one and of the final three who escaped, two of them had two each, as well as guns and firecrackers.  Most everyone is loaded now to the extent it feels like a mistake to even try to use grab.  Just melee attacking everyone is probably the best bet, if rather boring.

49 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I like this. It can’t be time-consuming though as that will hurt Jason.

Yeah, the need for expediency probably means it should just be a very fast moving 1-check QTE for everyone that starts the instant you're grabbed. DbD's decisive strike ability does something similar.

1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Yeah, the need for expediency probably means it should just be a very fast moving 1-check QTE for everyone that starts the instant you're grabbed. DbD's decisive strike ability does something similar.

Sounds good. This would make it unwise to want to be grabbed even with multiple pocket knives in inventory. Especially if you aren’t so sure of your QTE ability. It would also give the green light to Jason to want to grab once again.

As if now, if you have knives, you play the game with no fear at all.

2 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

In a match a couple of days ago, I had THREE knives in my inventory after searching just two cabins, one of which was a tiny mini-cabin.

I was like, WTF?

And then in my best Boris from Goldeneye voice, I shouted out, “I am INVINCIBLE!!!!!” 

Too silly. One max per counselor. If you use it, you can get another one if you can find one. Should not be more than 3-4 knives on a map, if even that. Also, once in limp mode, you can’t stab Jason with it.

I once had a counselor who refused to run from me, just did small circles around me. I knew what he was doing, but had no choice. Figure I’d waste the knife. So I grabbed him, and yep, got knifed, and he took off and was gone. Haha. He probably had two or more knives.

Yep...I hit 2 cabins and a camp fire right next to the cabins...3 pocket knives within a minute of the round starting.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yep...I hit 2 cabins and a camp fire right next to the cabins...3 pocket knives within a minute of the round starting.

That HAS to be fixed. You are near invincible in that state if you can avoid Jason’s slashes.

Maybe a 3 or 4 second delay between the grab and the knife in his neck? This gets the counselor a quicker breakaway than button mashing, but also allows Jason a chance for an environmental kill. Jason cannot use a grab kill in this situation.

Think about it. It makes sense since the counselor isn’t going to be able to grab out and open up a pocket knife instantly after being grabbed like that.