With Christmas behind us, and therefore the threat of Rudolph themed antlers; ugly sweaters; and the like behind us, it's time to review what we could forsee in the near future (though personally I would've loved having an ugly sweater for Jenny to piss people off year round, but that's for another time). As we all know, some are dismayed to see clothing themed for a holiday, and Valentines Day is coming up. Naturally, many are worried about things like cupid-themed costumes, but I believe this holiday opens up some tasteful ideas:

Option 1: Regular Winter Clothing DLC

Keep in mind everyone that the DLC doesn't have to be Valentine's Day themed. February is tied with January for being the coldest month of the year depending on where you live, and the fact is that we're due to see a new map soon. Many people have been getting excited about the prospects of a Grendel map, but honestly I don't think the devs would have it prepared so quickly. If anything, we're bound to see that sometime next year that isn't during the winter months, and there has been interest in a winter-themed map. If that's the case, then having a regular winter clothing DLC pack makes sense. Scarves, pea coats, tasteful winter clothing you guys get the idea. It doesn't even need snowpants, but fashionable snowboots for the ladies makes sense.

It might not even have to be a DLC. On a winter map, using your regular clothing could automatically swap your character to using the winter clothing, ensuring that immersion remain intact. OFC I don't expect the winter clothing to be free, but I could see it being a decent seller.

Option 2: Tuxedos/Dresses

For Valentine's Day, we could ignore the cutesy themed costumes while instead using more mature/romantic options. Tuxedos for guys, dresses for the gals, and they follow Valentine color themes. They could even do other color schemes like red/gold/black to stand out more, but I'd be ok with standard as well.

Not too immersion breaking, and certainly not as silly as Halloween costumes.

Option 3: Romantic Clothing/Lingerie/Underwear

The "silly" option, this one pretty much explains itself. However, of the three options, this one actually comes the closest to immersion (other than winter clothing exclusively being worn on a winter map). Friday the 13th is filled to the brim with sex scenes as well as people investigating strange noises they heard from outside the room, which usually leads to Jason brutally executing them not too long after.

There could even be some easter eggs thrown in. Already could see A.J. wearing nothing but panties as well as Adam's leather jacket, a take on the classic "woman wears nothing but panties as well as the long sleeved shirt her man was wearing earlier" scenes that appear in countless romantic, horror, and romantic/horror themed movies. Chad could even be wearing tighty whiteys, giving him speedo-like power to piss Jason off while drawing aggro away from his teammates.

Eric wearing a Chippendales outfit imitating Chris Farley would probably make it in there too, but let's be real here: that would be pretty hilarious if it came with the dance moves.

Anyways, that wraps up my ideas. We don't need cupid costumes, but there are ways to make this Valentine's Day work as far as clothing DLC goes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'd buy any outfit set.  Lingerie / Underwear would actually be something cannon since every movie has counselors running around in their underwear or showering.

I hope they create a set of Jason X futuristic outfits for the new map.  Not my original idea and forget who suggested it, but it's a good one.

If they are ever going to have winter variants of the maps. I believe they should restrict the Halloween costumes and Spring break costumes in those elements. It just doesn't make sense that any of them would be dressed in skimpy clothing during a likely blizzard. Likewise, I think having the futuristic clothing/winter clothing should be restricted on the regular weather maps. Nobody is going to be dressed like in 2049 or whatever year it was in 1984 or 1979. Likewise, nobody is going to be wearing Eskimo jackets in 85 degree summer weather. Likewise on Grendel, its not going to make a lot of sense for kids dressing in 1984/79 clothes or Halloween costumes.

That alone would be one way to help the immersion argument. It might be a nightmare to code though.

In terms of the clothing suggestions mentioned. I have no doubt they aren't done with the skimpy outfits. I thought they nailed that aspect with the Spring break attire and there really isn't a need to go back to it. So I think all 3 options are likely, but I think options 1 and 2 are the only ones that really fit.

Valentine lingerie would only make sense in singleplayer challenges, in the event they wanted to have the characters naked from the waist up to recreate the Part 2 kill or Part 9 kill as part of the challenges, etc.

• Like 2

I’m all for new clothes to be added but the way you guys are describing the clothes makes me think we’re playing The Sims.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

If they are ever going to have winter variants of the maps. I believe they should restrict the Halloween costumes and Spring break costumes in those elements. It just doesn't make sense that any of them would be dressed in skimpy clothing during a likely blizzard. Likewise, I think having the futuristic clothing/winter clothing should be restricted on the regular weather maps. Nobody is going to be dressed like in 2049 or whatever year it was in 1984 or 1979. Likewise, nobody is going to be wearing Eskimo jackets in 85 degree summer weather. Likewise on Grendel, its not going to make a lot of sense for kids dressing in 1984/79 clothes or Halloween costumes.

That alone would be one way to help the immersion argument. It might be a nightmare to code though.

In terms of the clothing suggestions mentioned. I have no doubt they aren't done with the skimpy outfits. I thought they nailed that aspect with the Spring break attire and there really isn't a need to go back to it. So I think all 3 options are likely, but I think options 1 and 2 are the only ones that really fit.

Valentine lingerie would only make sense in singleplayer challenges, in the event they wanted to have the characters naked from the waist up to recreate the Part 2 kill or Part 9 kill as part of the challenges, etc.

I don't think 1 and 2 fit at all.  When have the counselors attended a formal, or went to camp in the middle of winter?

I can post dozens of photos of the girls showering and then running around in towels or underwear.

13 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I don't think 1 and 2 fit at all.  When have the counselors attended a formal, or went to camp in the middle of winter?

I can post dozens of photos of the girls showering and then running around in towels or underwear.

Well the idea is that the devs could go where the films haven't yet. The winter setting. With skiing, skating, etc. It would be non canon, but sensible.

Doesn't mean it has to happen, only suggesting what should happen if they decide to go through with it.

• Thanks 1

IF (big if) they have winter clothing for the regular maps, I would prefer it to be more like fall clothing (long sleeve shirts or light jackets -hiking style raincoats etc).

If they are going to have "winter clothing" I would be fine with that only if they add winter maps. If we are getting fur lined coats or boots then I prefer snow on the ground. I don't want to wearing a parka when they is no snow and it looks like september.

I am also just fine with either... The only thing I want is future clothes for the Grendel. 

I love customization and would welcome the option for more, but it also doesn'treally matter to me. I am content with what we have for the most part.

I think its time for them to get physical with some retro sports wear, sweat bands for chad and leotards for the girls!

I think a winter theme of practical clothing would be ok, but uniforms? I think that's a little too formal for them.

As for valentine, there would be something fitting with a lingerie/disturbed out of bed approach with Jason knocking on the door.

I think the proven point is skimpy outfits are popular and sell.

• Like 1

I'd rather not get any more ridiculous clothing like the Halloween pack. That was fun at first but I don't use those costumes nowadays. Swimsuits and clothing that people could believably be wearing in a slasher movie is fine.

Only realistic clothing packs, please.  Absolutely no more ‘silly’ outfits.  I hate them and have no way to avoid them in my game when others pick them.

Damn, who knew so many people would get triggered by simple clothing packs, its like the devs could never please you guys.

Also there was never anything realistic about F13. A serial killer that was brought back to life as a zombie? A girl that had telekinesis powers? Jason in space hurdling towards Earth? Jason X in general? Jason goes to hell? 

• Like 4

night gowns maybe for the girls and maybe some sort of night pants for the guys i don't know but in most of the friday the 13th movies the girls would dress in those type clothes

Skimpy clothing fits the theme of the horror franchise anyways, if you have sex, you die basically. You're feeling like you want to get it in with that hot counselor you've been eyeing all day? Not without getting a knife in a gut 

14 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Skimpy clothing fits the theme of the horror franchise anyways, if you have sex, you die basically. You're feeling like you want to get it in with that hot counselor you've been eyeing all day? Not without getting a knife in a gut 

Pretty much happens in every horror film and every Friday 13th. Well on the positive they died somewhat happy. Also usually improves survival rate to some extent as the uglier ones/rejected ones usually go out and get picked off first.

Just now, a kamikaze man said:

Pretty much happens in every horror film and every Friday 13th. Well on the positive they died somewhat happy. Also usually improves survival rate to some extent as the uglier ones/rejected ones usually go out and get picked off first.

True very true haha

Please, trope themed alternative costumes. No reindeer stuff, no cupids and hearts, and specially, no lingerie (What is wrong with you?) 

f41b5b9834a0f691793a1dfdcfe137f4.jpg

f437a3ced6143dbd48fecfe4a4dd89b3.jpg

1981-teen-girls-fashion-01.jpg

6a95cd65cb7c5d805543e3c0aebda055--s-styl

HM-80s-Fashion-Trend-Lookbook04.jpg

HM-Casual-Pre-Spring-2017-Outfits02.jpg

b7406b14fb2d1221da98055c0230d2f6.jpg

• Like 1

I won't lie, I'd buy any clothing pack just for the variety. But I would like some casual wear for the counselors. What I really want though are hairstyles. Jenny would look great in a tight ponytail.

9 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

I won't lie, I'd buy any clothing pack just for the variety. But I would like some casual wear for the counselors. What I really want though are hairstyles. Jenny would look great in a tight ponytail.

Jenny would look great in any hairstyle that's not the bird nest she currently has for hair. I wished she looked more like this:

i1kQpmg.jpg

I also don't understand why did they make her arms and shoulders so muscular in game. She has average stamina, and lowest possible strenght. It's not as if she has a sporty build. The upper part of her body feels off for the type of character she is. 

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

True. Jenny just has a good face honestly. I also wish she looked more like her concept art. I guess the hair physics prevent the devs from actually making longer hair. I believe Adam was meant to have long hair as well.

8 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

True. Jenny just has a good face honestly. I also wish she looked more like her concept art. I guess the hair physics prevent the devs from actually making longer hair. I believe Adam was meant to have long hair as well.

Nothing wrong with a strong, fit looking woman! It's just, I think it doesn't suit her trope and role. There are other characters that could have that complexion instead, like Vanessa, or Fox.

But look at Vanessa's little shoulders and arms: 

maxresdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

Counselor uniforms! That's all I want

This.   It's really the only option they need to do.  

• Like 2