So I've seen people mention how they'd like a redheaded counselor possibly added and I wanted to know what would her (or his) trope possibly be?

Some are saying the mean girl if she ends up not being a blonde. Other than the mean girl, there's not a whole lot of tropes left. Any ideas?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I don't think there's a redhead trope in horror movies.

And I don't think that's the correct use of the word "trope"

I was not saying that the trope would be the fact that they're redhead. But simply saying "the Redhead" is the correct use of a trope. Obviously that wouldn't be the counselor's given trope. That'd actually be pretty dumb lol, plus it's not a common archetype. I was asking what people thought this character would be known as. The trope doesn't have to be completely related to the fact that they have red hair, but I'm sure some people see a specific type of character when they picture a redhead. I'm curious to know.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Lex said:

Maybe a nice girl?

She'd be the opposite of the demanded mean girl! Not sure if "nice" is kind of implied with Jenny, though.

1 hour ago, FinalBoy said:

Maybe the virginal bookworm? A less repair oriented Debra.

Interesting. I kind of pictured her as a bookworm, but didn't want her to be a clone of Deborah since she's referred to as "the Bookish Girl"

What stat would this character focus on if she's not much of a repair counselor?

(The previous post that is a clone of this was a mistake on my part. Forgot the multiquote was an option after I had already posted and me trying to fix the post resulted in a repeat. Completely my bad)

We could call her the Scholar! (I'm totally watching The Cabin in the Woods and remembered that one of the guys is known as that and thought it was perfect).
With luck and speed as her strongest stats, maybe composure, stamina, and repair would be average and then strength and stealth are her lowest?

Unrelated to this idea, but I also thought of the Party Girl. 

• Like 1

I think that sounds pretty reasonable! I've always wanted a redheaded counselor anyway to be honest. Wouldn't Tiffany be a part girl though?

6 hours ago, CxVEN said:

She'd be the opposite of the demanded mean girl! Not sure if "nice" is kind of implied with Jenny, though.

Interesting. I kind of pictured her as a bookworm, but didn't want her to be a clone of Deborah since she's referred to as "the Bookish Girl"

What stat would this character focus on if she's not much of a repair counselor?

(The previous post that is a clone of this was a mistake on my part. Forgot the multiquote was an option after I had already posted and me trying to fix the post resulted in a repeat. Completely my bad)

isn't Deborah of the Asian descent?

A party girl? Or a tom boy?

She'd have very low luck stat because she'd trip from being intoxicated but high composure for being buzzed. She'd have above average stamina & speed for being buzzed. Her repair would be pretty bad. Her stealth probably be good or bad. I don't see her strength being very high. But that could be a wild card.

Luck - 1

Composure - 8

Speed - 6

Stamina - 6

Stealth - 7 or 3

Repair - 2

Strength - 5 or 9

Not sure if she'd add anything worth with the current counslers. That's the problem.

Edited by Armani?

I think a redhead would be good for the game, if it were a man I just think nerdy ginger (sorry for such a bad stereotype). If it were a women it might be more popular and fitting. I have no idea what character theme would fit, but as has already been mentioned a luck and speed theme would be good. Yes a lady luck character who might not be good at a set task but nice enough to help out and be quick on her feet. I originally thought of Joan Holloway from madmen when mentioned in the mean girl thread, but am drifting to a more 'boots on the ground' character. I don't know like Claire from the most recent Jurassic park?

Rugged:

Jurassic-World-Screencaps-Claire-Dearing

Refined:

Jurassic-World-Screencaps-Claire-Dearing

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

What about an artsy girl? That'd be pretty recognizable. Specilaly if she's wearing paint stained overalls, haha. Green and blue are -must- colours in her wardrobe. Sharing wisdom with my own personal experience here since I'm a redhead myself, lol. 

5b95959a4e04e1f8fdcefcd77258da50--black-

that70sshow-s1e24.jpg?w=490

bd3a5ceb5bf6f99d5d9bda7921afaf9a--donna-

latest?cb=20160308041811

37dwl6B.jpg

11 hours ago, CxVEN said:

I was not saying that the trope would be the fact that they're redhead. But simply saying "the Redhead" is the correct use of a trope. Obviously that wouldn't be the counselor's given trope. That'd actually be pretty dumb lol, plus it's not a common archetype. I was asking what people thought this character would be known as. The trope doesn't have to be completely related to the fact that they have red hair, but I'm sure some people see a specific type of character when they picture a redhead. I'm curious to know.

...Well, I don't know how far away from reality that is, haha. Wherever I go, I am immediatelly "the redhead". It's like I do have a trope sign painted all over my forehead. No matter how many times do I introduce myself or repeat my name, in the end, I'm always called "Red". 

P.S: Sorry for the double post, I don't know how to quote within a post after I've sent it... Can't seem to find anything! 

2 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

What about an artsy girl? That'd be pretty recognizable. Specilaly if she's wearing paint stained overalls, haha. Green and blue are -must- colours in her wardrobe. Sharing wisdom with my own personal experience here since I'm a redhead myself, lol. 

Half-Irish redhead girl here who also happens to be a starving artist. 

Completely agree.?

Either that or a no-shit, rough, tough and tumble girl. Like Cait from Fo4. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Armani? said:

She'd have very low luck stat because she'd trip from being intoxicated but high composure for being buzzed. She'd have above average stamina & speed for being buzzed. Her repair would be pretty bad. Her stealth probably be good or bad. I don't see her strength being very high. But that could be a wild card.

Luck - 1

Composure - 8

Speed - 6

Stamina - 6

Stealth - 7 or 3

Repair - 2

Strength - 5 or 9

Not sure if she'd add anything worth with the current counslers. That's the problem.

Haha I really like those stats. I definitely think the stealth would be 3 since she'd probably be tripping quite a bit and making a lot of noise. But that's true about her not contributing much. The party girl seems as if she'd be a good distraction or even bait lol

4 hours ago, a kamikaze man said:

I think a redhead would be good for the game, if it were a man I just think nerdy ginger (sorry for such a bad stereotype). If it were a women it might be more popular and fitting. I have no idea what character theme would fit, but as has already been mentioned a luck and speed theme would be good. Yes a lady luck character who might not be good at a set task but nice enough to help out and be quick on her feet. I originally thought of Joan Holloway from madmen when mentioned in the mean girl thread, but am drifting to a more 'boots on the ground' character. I don't know like Claire from the most recent Jurassic park?

Your thoughts?

Oooh Claire is great! Very smart and down to business, but not too uptight when it comes down to it. She'd maybe be a slightly better Jenny.

...Well, I don't know how far away from reality that is, haha. Wherever I go, I am immediatelly "the redhead". It's like I do have a trope sign painted all over my forehead. No matter how many times do I introduce myself or repeat my name, in the end, I'm always called "Red". 

P.S: Sorry for the double post, I don't know how to quote within a post after I've sent it... Can't seem to find anything! 

LOVE IT. I think the artsy girl would be my favorite for a redhead. It's so perfect and I'm honestly dying to see a counselor in overalls.

And yeah that's actually so true. I don't see that much in movies, especially horror movies. But it's definitely a very common thing in real life. Some people can be so amazing, but only be remembered because they had red hair. I used to really wish I was a red head. It's in my family genes, but I missed out haha.

Artsy Girl stats: 
Composure: 5
Repair: 5
Luck: 5
Speed: 5
Stamina: 5
Stealth: 5
Strength: 5

Female Kenny! Haha. Jack of all trades, master of none. 

You'd be right to say that she'd add nothing new to the game, but that's the case for every new character. There's only so much you can do with a system based on 35 points distributed in 7 stats. At this point their relevance is only to add some sense of variety and freshness but unless the mechanics get a little revamp to have more depth... No amount of new characters would change that. It'd be amazing if they'd all have a little trick or special interaction of their own. 

Still, I think there's nothing wrong with variety. I love variety and switching characters all the time! I get bored of always looking at the same person, hah. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Armani? said:

Luck - 1

Composure - 8

Speed - 6

Stamina - 6

Stealth - 7 or 3

Repair - 2

Strength - 5 or 9

Her strength could be high because redheads are often said to have a “fire” in them!

• Like 2

I would one hundred percent switch off between the mean girl once we (hopefully) get her and the artsy redhead. ESPECIALLY with those stats. I think she'd be a great addition.

The stereotypes that I'm aware of for redheads is that redhead guys are nerds and redhead girls are wild.

I just found an article that said redheads have a higher tolerance for physical pain. That should equate to high composure right?

11 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The stereotypes that I'm aware of for redheads is that redhead guys are nerds and redhead girls are wild.

I just found an article that said redheads have a higher tolerance for physical pain. That should equate to high composure right?

Or stamina...? 

16 hours ago, Armani? said:

Luck - 1

Composure - 8

Speed - 6

Stamina - 6

Stealth - 7 or 3

Repair - 2

Strength - 5 or 9

Shelly doesn't do anything good, but people play him for nostalgia. If she's pretty then she'll get played, look at Lachappa decent stats but is ugly, so never played. We could use another Kenny, less strength but more of something else? She could be "The tomboy" could use improvement but you get the idea.

4 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Or stamina...? 

I don't know actually. I just looked up all the stats and none say anything about how many hits a counselor can take before limping.