Sign in to follow this  
steven_kale99

Can I mute the mics during gameplay with PS4?

Sorry if this has been discussed, but it is possible to adjust it so I don't hear people talking into their mics during game play? Lately there have been lots of trash talk and comments and stuff coming over during the game that I'm not interested in hearing. 

7 minutes ago, steven_kale99 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but it is possible to adjust it so I don't hear people talking into their mics during game play? Lately there have been lots of trash talk and comments and stuff coming over during the game that I'm not interested in hearing. 

@steven_kale99 I don't have a PS4, but I was under the impression that you could push 'Start' and select players to mute from that screen. I could be wrong though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steven_kale99 said:

Awesome thanks so much guys! Just got my PS4 a few days ago, so I'm still getting used to all this. Thanks!

As soon  as the match starts press the options button, you should see a MUTE choice, Or if You are in a pre-session player list you can select an individual player

• Thanks 1

Has anyone else on PS4 had a problem when trying to mute someone during the game and not being able to?

I click options, the select mut players and all it does is bring up their profile.

I can mute them in the lobby fine but once the game starts it almost never works.

6 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Has anyone else on PS4 had a problem when trying to mute someone during the game and not being able to?

I click options, the select mut players and all it does is bring up their profile.

I can mute them in the lobby fine but once the game starts it almost never works.

I've encountered this, yes. Also have seen where I'll mute the Jason player, then unmute them where they're counselor again but they still remained muted. Eventually I just got to the point where now days I usually just create a PSN Party Chat with just me in it so I can't hear anyone, ever, and don't have to keep muting new annoyances as they drop into whichever lobby I'm in.

Just now, SteveChristy said:

I've encountered this, yes. Also have seen where I'll mute the Jason player, then unmute them where they're counselor again but they still remained muted. Eventually I just got to the point where now days I usually just create a PSN Party Chat with just me in it so I can't hear anyone, ever, and don't have to keep muting new annoyances as they drop into whatever lobby I'm in.

Good idea.

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

Good idea.

I find I enjoy the game so much more this way. And if there's a moment during a match where I feel like I must say something, it only takes a couple seconds to switch over to game chat and back again.

Yea.. chances are you will want to mute the useless idiots on PS4 lobbies.   I don't even know why many are on mics when they aren't proactively hitting ANY objectives anyways while Jason just mop the entire lobbies up. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2017 at 4:03 PM, steven_kale99 said:

As others have stated, you can mute players via the ingame menu during play, or to save yourself some trouble... in the lobby before the match starts. You can even do so in the second loading screen, before the cutscene of Jason killing Rob starts the match.

21 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Yea.. chances are you will want to mute the useless idiots on PS4 lobbies.   I don't even know why many are on mics when they aren't proactively hitting ANY objectives anyways while Jason just mop the entire lobbies up. 

Sadly, I have to agree with this... about 95% of QP lobbies I've played on PS4, have been overrun by squeakers, obnoxious gamers or whiners... It really is best to play with friends in Private Matches, where you don't have to deal with the QP bullshit.

• Like 1

I can't understand the mindset of some of these Jason's on QP either. (Unless their all friends) I had a to kite a Jason around for 5 minutes before I ran out of stamina and  he killed me , while 3 other counselors were communicating on mics over at the car installing the batter and Gas.  Makes NO sense.  Like really man?  You don't even think about trapping objectives or lingering around the objective area after traps are set at all or morphing back to it after 5-10 minutes?   3 guys shooting the shit at an objectives and you're chasing me around in the woods meanwhile all 3 escape . ROFLMAO!!  DUNSKYs in QP 

2 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

I can't understand the mindset of some of these Jason's on QP either. (Unless their all friends) I had a to kite a Jason around for 5 minutes before I ran out of stamina and  he killed me , while 3 other counselors were communicating on mics over at the car installing the batter and Gas.  Makes NO sense.  Like really man?  You don't even think about trapping objectives or lingering around the objective area after traps are set at all?   3 guys shooting the shit at an objectives and you're chasing me around in the woods. ROFLMAO!!

Is there any thread you won't hijack to cry about this?

10 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I can't understand the mindset of some of these Jason's on QP either. (Unless their all friends) I had a to kite a Jason around for 5 minutes before I ran out of stamina and  he killed me , while 3 other counselors were communicating on mics over at the car installing the batter and Gas.  Makes NO sense.  Like really man?  You don't even think about trapping objectives or lingering around the objective area after traps are set at all or morphing back to it after 5-10 minutes?   3 guys shooting the shit at an objectives and you're chasing me around in the woods meanwhile all 3 escape . ROFLMAO!!  

*facepalm

Jason can't be everywhere at once ...  You basically just posted what others and myself have been telling you for months now.    And you just proved that people escape in QP.

:D

11 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Yea.. chances are you will want to mute the useless idiots on PS4 lobbies

Don't you play in those lobbies?

i cannot stand that myself they say meanful things on there and i hate hearing about it i think they should not allow to be on there if they got nothing nice to say about anyone or about me