Sign in to follow this  
final_gal

Do you prefer fighting indoors or outdoors as a counselor?

As a counselor, do you prefer fighing indoors or outdoors?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer fighting indoors or outdoors (assuming no other counselor is around)?

• Indoors
    • Outdoors

For me, it's outdoors because you have much more flexibility. Indoors, you have very little space and it's too predictable, too obvious for Jason, e.g. if a counselor is standing in front of a door that Jason is breaking. He can just use combat stance/block after breaking and grab you more easily when you're inside. Outside, I find it easer to bait Jason into a grab and strike back. 

Both. Just hit Jason from inside while he’s outside breaking windows; and laugh while he tries and fails to hit you back. Seriously, though; it doesn’t matter. Counselors can kick Jason’s ass indoors AND outdoors now. 

Indoors, you can just jog right by a corner, and when Jason follows you and is about to make that turn, hit him with an easy stun.

Depends on the Jason. If i think they're overly competent i'll use cabins. If it's 95% of Jasons a cabin just gives me less room to mess around with. If i fake 3 turn and burns and the Jason grabs/swings at all of them, a cabin offers me no protection that i need, it only limits my space. 

4 minutes ago, Just Hit X Tommy said:

Depends on the Jason. If i think they're overly competent i'll use cabins. If it's 95% of Jasons a cabin just gives me less room to mess around with. If i fake 3 turn and burns and the Jason grabs/swings at all of them, a cabin offers me no protection that i need, it only limits my space. 

What does turn and burn mean these days? It used to mean attacking and entering combat stance mid-swing, but you can't do that anymore.

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

What does turn and burn mean these days? It used to mean attacking and entering combat stance mid-swing, but you can't do that anymore.

Maybe my bad on terminology. I'm talking just simply combat stance on and off real quick. 

1 minute ago, Just Hit X Tommy said:

Maybe my bad on terminology. I'm talking just simply combat stance on and off real quick. 

I suppose that makes sense. But why would a Jason grab or swing when you enter combat stance? Usually they'd back off anticipating an attack.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Usually they'd back off anticipating an attack.

They should. Most don't. I play almost exclusively quickplay so maybe my experience is different. 

Both have pros and cons, but I would have to say outdoors overall. Purely because I am free to move around as I like in open space, without having to worry about obstacles either blocking me off or preventing me from landing a hit. Jason can move and Shift more freely outdoors as well, but ironically, Shift is more likely to catch you indoors IMO providing Jason has good control of it, as you have less room to evade it and create distance. I can reliably evade Shift outdoors so it's less of a factor for me.

What indoors are good for is door combat, which is also an easy way to demask Jason, perform surprise attacks from behind corners and particularly if Jason is carelessly Raging through everything (free stuns). Just don't get yourself cornered, where there's no available windows / escape route in vicinity.

Cabins are great for looping, for stamina regen and weapons / resources, mitigating Fear, for defense by using doors / furniture, but not my preference for prolonged combat. Against a good Jason, chances are you will eventually get cornered and grabbed. Blocking off Shift by closing doors in Jason's face is a good tactic, but will only work until the door is destroyed (a good Jason won't fall for the open door / close door game).

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

This tactic is 2 things - buying yourself time by keeping Jason wary of an attack during the chase, and can be accomplished in ways other than swing cancelling eg. combat stance on/off as mentioned. But it is also conditioning for a whiff bait where you can land an unexpected hit on Jason. The idea is to keep just outside grab and swing range, so that he won't be tempted to Shift.

7 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Indoors is much better because you can stun him around corners and shift isn't as valuable.

This. High stealth counselors can easily smack Jason with a bat without him knowing. 

Outdoors, you have more space and so if you need to get saved by another counselor no one is fumbling over each other and/or Jason.