Jason should not be able to shift or morph.

His two abilities ought to be just Sense / Stalk.

He should  have more HP and less vulnerability to being stunned.

He should be able to trash furniture in a room (press interact and it gets tossed aside) to get at his victims.

Here lies the saving of F13 multiplayer (I'll decline royalties).

P

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Shifting and Morphing were the 2 most impressive aspects to Jason when I was first hearing about the game, and shifting is the most fun thing to do and i love the homage to Evil Dead.

Also what @doitagain said.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, doitagain said:

He would never catch anyone without shift and morph..

Yes he would. He has infinite stamina, whereas counselors do not.

12 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Shifting and Morphing were the 2 most impressive aspects to Jason when I was first hearing about the game, and shifting is the most fun thing to do and i love the homage to Evil Dead.

Also what @doitagain said.

Jason is not Slenderman . . .

I disagree. With the current state of Jason, it would make killing people nearly impossible. Stamina isn't an issue when you have counselors like Vanessa who can out run you and simply slip into a window to regen their stamina. If they buff Jason, I could see this then being a possibility for maybe a special mode/difficulty.

But I do agree with the trashing furniture. Nothing pisses me off more than when I'm trying to get someone and we end up playing ring around the rosie with those damn picnic tables in between us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

Jason is not Slenderman . . .

Slenderman....the guy they copied for The Silence from Doctor Who?

I guess he had some attributes worth stealing.

6 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

You wish to tie Jason's other hand behind his back?

If this were to happen, what would counselors give up to balance that?

6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You wish to tie Jason's other hand behind his back?

If this were to happen, what would counselors give up to balance that?

Implicit in my suggestion is the fact that yes, the devs would need to re-balance the counselors too, and a certain buffing up of Jason would take place, with the trade-off that he can no longer shift or morph (this is non-canon, after all).

Counselors with high stamina could have it reduced a bit, with a draining-penalty for when they are in close proximity to Jason.

Also, combat-stance would be eliminated for counselors, period. No heavy-hits allowed.

Viola!

Yes, in many ways its the fleshing out of an 'expert mode' or 'real mode' (I already posted a thread about it but it was perhaps too wordy).

I also think it should be available for selection in online games; a person can select the map, and another random person can select the mode.

Good luck killing everybody. Maps are too big for this sort of nonsense. That doesn't even take into account the evasion game. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

His two abilities ought to be just Sense / Stalk.

He should  have more HP and less vulnerability to being stunned.

He should be able to trash furniture in a room (press interact and it gets tossed aside) to get at his victims.

Here lies the saving of F13 multiplayer (I'll decline royalties).

P

How the hell is Jason supposed to get around the map without Morph? And how is he supposed to catch a counselor without shift? Hmmm... Answer them questions please because I'd like to know you're answer.

Hell Jason already lost both his Arms, now you want him too lose his legs?

Don't you think Jason's had enough nerfs ffs.

( I like the being able to break furniture idea, but the no morph\shift idea is terrible).

Killing everybody ought to be a rarity; let's remember that every movie had some survivor or another. Is that not the very essence of the slasher genre?

8 minutes ago, Rev_Bartholomew said:

How the hell is Jason supposed to get around the map without Morph? And how is he supposed to catch a counselor without shift? Hmmm... Answer them questions please because I'd like to know you're answer.

You obviously haven't read the bulk of my other posts on this thread. This reworking would compliment a massive buffing of Jason and reduction in counselors' strength / stamina.

As for how Jason would get around the map, haven't you tried walking or running? Gosh, this age of instant-gratification that we live in . . .

• Confused 2

Just now, Poormetheus said:

As for how Jason would get around the map, haven't you tried walking or running? Gosh, this age of instant-gratification that we live in . . .

Why would I waste time in running around the map, when I can just instant teleport to where I want to go? It would save a lot of time seeing as though the match's only last twenty minutes.

And also how would this buff Jason? He would still be slow as shit, even if he had unlimited stamina(Which he already does) there's no buff to Jason here. You've just taken two of his crucial ability's away making it harder for Jason to get around the map and catch counselor's.

Plus this isn't the movies. This is the game, where if I'm playing as Jason I'm gonna aim to get 8/8 I'm not gonna go easy on the counselor's.

At the start of each round(as Jason) Pamela tells Jason to "Kill them all" not "Kill all but two of them Jason, let them two escape at least".

Sure I'll co-sign this but only if the following is added.

Once Jason stops the car that is it, it can no longer be driven period.

Stamina doesn't regain at all for counselors.

All Med-Spray and Pocket Knives are removed.

Once Crippled Counselors slowly bleed to death over five minutes.

And Sense is active 100% of the time.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

Yes he would. He has infinite stamina, whereas counselors do not.

My ass counselors don't have infinite stamina. Even when out of stamina good luck catching people depending on what Jason you use without Shift and morph. Game is heavily swayed to counselors at the moment and if you took away shift/morph Jason would be lucky to catch just one. Having more hp and being less vulnerable to stuns won't help if counselors know they can just lightly stroll away from him. Zombie Jasons would never be picked. Jason 7 would be better off sitting in his shack and crying at his mothers head. Though he might as well do that now anyway. Jason as a whole needs buffs, not more nerfs. Counselors aren't afraid of him anymore, or his traps, or his grab. Getting rid of his major movement options would make him an even bigger, slower, weaker, threat. 

Plays an undead Jason on one of the small maps

Car starts in 30 seconds.

Oops...no shift or morph to catch them...I guess I'll fast walk to one of the two exits.

Oh wait...

Well maybe as a human running Jason...but he only jogs...

Bad ideas all around.

tumblr_op88tcWGgJ1v4nzkvo1_400.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Plays an undead Jason on one of the small maps

Car starts in 30 seconds.

Oops...no shift or morph to catch them...I guess I'll fast walk to one of the two exits.

Oh wait...

Well maybe as a human running Jason...but he only jogs...

Bad ideas all around.

tumblr_op88tcWGgJ1v4nzkvo1_400.gif

Exactly! Such a bad idea.

There's no way you're going to catch a car by running after it, the only way to catch a car is to Morph to the road\path the car is approaching and shift towards it.

Other than that, you're fucked there's no catching a car, because Jason runs as fast as an Elephant having an asthma attack.

The only idea Thats actually good in this thread, is the being able to break furniture.

th?id=OIP.x-4PwL_lonABne7u7kf1qAEjEs&pid

• Haha 1

Hmm, okay.

We all agree that Jason is lacking in impact against the counselors nowadays. So to re-balance it, lets have Jason be able to temporarily stop time to get his next victim. Sounds great, right? Also, there should be a chance that he'll spawn equipped with a shoulder-mounted laser cannon.

Sigh . . .

I like the Morph make it feel like Jason could be everywhere.  I understand why Shift is in the game and without it, Jason would be screwed in most games.
Howerver if Jason didn't have shift and was improved in other ways, I wouldn't hate it, but removing Shift and giving him other abilities that don't both break him or make him useless would be challenging.  I'd love that world though if they found that balance. I don't remember too many shift/grabs attacks in the movies. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2017 at 6:13 AM, Poormetheus said:

Implicit in my suggestion is the fact that yes, the devs would need to re-balance the counselors too, and a certain buffing up of Jason would take place, with the trade-off that he can no longer shift or morph (this is non-canon, after all).

Counselors with high stamina could have it reduced a bit, with a draining-penalty for when they are in close proximity to Jason.

Also, combat-stance would be eliminated for counselors, period. No heavy-hits allowed.

Viola!

Rather than taking skills away from Jason, how about balancing the stats of both sides, and keep the existing skills present? It's doubtful that the devs are gonna rewrite the game to appease a small portion of the population that plays it.

If the only means for counselors to survive a match was to go the distance and last the entire 20 mins, then, maybe removing shift and morph would be a viable option. As it stands now, though, this is such an absurd notion that I'm not quite sure whether to laugh or facepalm in response.