On 12/26/2017 at 4:08 PM, tyrant666 said:

Car starts in 30 seconds.

Oops...no shift or morph to catch them...I guess I'll fast walk to one of the two exits.

If counselors are lucky enough to have all car parts nearby their initial spawn, then yes - they escape!

If Jason is lucky enough to have his cabin near some essential infrastructure, bad luck on the counselors!

By now, everyone reading this thread has figured out that the no morph / no shift is contingent on a serious re-balancing of Jason and counselors because as it stands, such a change would be a step backwards.

On 12/25/2017 at 3:53 PM, Poormetheus said:

Jason should not be able to shift or morph.

By the time you WALKED out of the shack and get to the nearest cabin, both cars would be started and the cops would be halfway there...

On 12/26/2017 at 10:23 AM, Rev_Bartholomew said:

Jason runs as fast as an Elephant having an asthma attack.

Now THAT is an image!

18 hours ago, Malken said:

As it stands now, though, this is such an absurd notion that I'm not quite sure whether to laugh or facepalm in response.

Same...

Edit: @Poormetheus you posted right before me. It seems we agree.

8 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

the no morph / no shift is contingent on a serious re-balancing of Jason and counselors because as it stands, such a change would be a step backwards.

On December 25, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Poormetheus said:

Jason is not Slenderman . . .

He's not, but how tf did he teleport in part 8? He literally did, multiple times, and there's no excuse

1 hour ago, Lex said:

He's not, but how tf did he teleport in part 8? He literally did, multiple times, and there's no excuse

All those moments could be argued since we did not see him do it in front of the camera.

• Thanks 1

I hate how shift / morph fanboys defend the whole thing with this one reference to part 8 as if it's representative of the bulk of Friday the 13th.

• Sad 1

On 12/26/2017 at 8:50 AM, Vortex said:

Sure I'll co-sign this but only if the following is added.

Once Jason stops the car that is it, it can no longer be driven period.

Stamina doesn't regain at all for counselors.

All Med-Spray and Pocket Knives are removed.

Once Crippled Counselors slowly bleed to death over five minutes.

And Sense is active 100% of the time.

LOL I'm wheezing 

Guys in the movies Jason could Teleport EVEN roy Could

In part 8 he teleported the most tho

he has done it in 1 scene in part 7 where he was suddenly in the water just right after a kill

There are many times were he teleports

I have never seen someone so bitter that literally everyone disagrees with you. Look up on threads on instances in the movies where Jason morphs and shifts. He does have the abilities in the movies. Of course, @WashingtonJones pointed out, Randy programmed shift in homage form to evil dead. I love that. 

Poor, think of this. Jarvis house map. You are up on an island cabin killing someone. Another counselor is fixing the phone and messing up, triggering the sounds to you. Are you going to walk all the way across the map and stop them? No.

You know, I don't know if Jason ever set a bear trap in the movies. Should we get rid of that? 

Have you ever played a round against a Jason that didn't know how to use shift or morph? It's the most boring game ever. He circles the main house or one car the whole game. Every other objective gets completed with no struggle. Half the campers never see Jason the entire match. Then a small group decided to go troll him and best on him. 

3 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

I hate how shift / morph fanboys defend the whole thing with this one reference to part 8 as if it's representative of the bulk of Friday the 13th.

Dude...   Shift and Morph are cool game mechanics.  I personally would not want to only WALK around as Jason while trying to catch Running Campers for 20 mins.  Spend 3-5 mins walking across the map then hear someone fixing the car on the other side.. Spend 3-5 mins walking there. 

Holy shit that would be boring....

7 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

I love that you can be a "fanboy" of the way the game actually works. Jesus.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2017 at 12:21 AM, doitagain said:

He would never catch anyone without shift and morph..

He absolutely would without shift. Shift is a cheap and OP ability. Morph makes total sense though.

So the solution should be to remove shift and make morph much faster to get and precise to place on the map. 

We never ever saw jason teleport in Shifts fashion. We saw him morph, appearing behind people and such. The way its being utilized in game makes dying feel cheap and lazy. I applaud Jasons that actually hunt properly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/29/2017 at 3:04 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

I have never seen someone so bitter that literally everyone disagrees with you. Look up on threads on instances in the movies where Jason morphs and shifts. He does have the abilities in the movies. Of course, @WashingtonJones pointed out, Randy programmed shift in homage form to evil dead. I love that. 

Poor, think of this. Jarvis house map. You are up on an island cabin killing someone. Another counselor is fixing the phone and messing up, triggering the sounds to you. Are you going to walk all the way across the map and stop them? No.

You know, I don't know if Jason ever set a bear trap in the movies. Should we get rid of that? 

Have you ever played a round against a Jason that didn't know how to use shift or morph? It's the most boring game ever. He circles the main house or one car the whole game. Every other objective gets completed with no struggle. Half the campers never see Jason the entire match. Then a small group decided to go troll him and best on him. 

The trolling of Jason because of his mobility is not the fault of lacking Shift or Morph. Its the fault of how the game is designed around them. 

If jason was able to move faster, counselor stamina was nerfed, if he could destroy furniture, topple cars or toss other objects at counselors, this would be an entirely different story. 

All I know is... in the movies, Jason did 2 things. He used stealth to appear behind people, hiding in rooms behind stuff etc, or ran after them. I never saw him appear out of thin air infront of somebody.  Just imagine how silly it would be if part 2 Jason was chasing the blonde chick and the moment she ran into his shack he was there infront of her, grabbing her GG. 

Come on... 

When I do it in game... I feel cheap using it and feel even cheaper when its using against me. Another reason I prefer singleplayer because there I can actually play as Jason is supposed to be played alike the movies. 

Lets stop defending this in the game because its just silly and non-representative in the movies. This is here because thats how the devs decided to go about it. Not because it was primarily about ensuring Jason remained like he was in the movies. 

If that was the case, Jason should be able to have permanent stalk and counselors should not have a 3rd person camera so the feeling of Jason hunting you would be incredibly paranoia packed and harder to detect overall. PLUS... Jason should be able to morph inside houses precisely. Overall just be far more stealthy than he currently is. Hell, Jason should be able to actually have a hide option in bushes and such. But well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

He absolutely would without shift. Shift is a cheap and OP ability. Morph makes total sense though.

So the solution should be to remove shift and make morph much faster to get and precise to place on the map. 

We never ever saw jason teleport in Shifts fashion. We saw him morph, appearing behind people and such. The way its being utilized in game makes dying feel cheap and lazy. I applaud Jasons that actually hunt properly. 

Yes he never shifted in the films but as the devs have already said, it’s a mechanic they created for the game to make Jason more playable. His gameplay is already frustrating and limited as it is and although I like some of the changes you mentioned, the devs aren’t gonna do a complete overhaul of mechanics this late into the game. It’s just the way it is. I wouldn’t be opposed to another mode being added without shift available though.

4 minutes ago, doitagain said:

Yes he never shifted in the films but as the devs have already said, it’s a mechanic they created for the game to make Jason more playable. His gameplay is already frustrating and limited as it is and although I like some of the changes you mentioned, the devs aren’t gonna do a complete overhaul of mechanics this late into the game. It’s just the way it is. I wouldn’t be opposed to another mode being added without shift available though.

Indeed. 

Jason doesn't morph in the movies. If he did, he would have teleported himself out of the lake when Tommy put him there.

As for part 8 Jason being everywhere. Lets just say that everyone of those instances were off camera, meaning he had time to find shortcuts and cut people off when the camera wasn't on him. We don't see any on screen teleportation in any of the movies.

1 hour ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

The trolling of Jason because of his mobility is not the fault of lacking Shift or Morph. Its the fault of how the game is designed around them. 

If jason was able to move faster, counselor stamina was nerfed, if he could destroy furniture, topple cars or toss other objects at counselors, this would be an entirely different story. 

This could shape up into a game mode that the player selects if they so wish.

I do reckon the 'vanilla' game mode, as it stands, is too far gone for such a drastic change to be implemented. It's nice to hear you echoing the furniture wielding idea - I think that would definitely work.

@FreddyKruegerfan66 I see your point. However, for this to be totally movie accurate there should only be a main house or two other than on Crystal Lake map. Each map should have some sort of town, whether the store on Higgins, the bar at Packanack, the sheriff's office on several, a hospital on Jarvis, etc.

Also, Jason should have all night to walk to where he needs. So I think with 20 minute limitations, we are alright. 

One thing to make it more horrifying and like the movies would be awesome would be setting up body traps. They can instantly raise fear levels and scream loud enough that it will alarm Jason in the same manner that an objective mess up does.

As for your soundtrack ideas, I can agree with a stipulation. I would enjoy a separate mode with no musical cues to make you feel more immersed in the environment. More bug noises, owls, bats, etc. We have actually discussed some of these ideas in old threads. However, I do like hearing each individual Jason's music, so I like it for most modes. Part 4 and part 9 having my personal favorite scores in game. 

I also believe they had discussed why they didn't make destructive furniture in the past. After all, most people have bitched about chasing carrots around tables since launch. It seemed silly to be Jason and not be able to hulk smash objects out of the way. I think it was a physics issue that led to other collision issues is why. Maybe someone remembers the real reason why.

I disagree with nerfing counselor stamina. Can you imagine being a Shelly, Lachappa, or deb with less stamina? They barely can run between a few cabins as is. Why shouldn't the athletic ones be able to Sprint for a mile or two? Seems realistic to me. 

As for shift being OP, I hope you remember what it was like initially before they nerfed it with the stop shift then grab mechanic. That was much harder to evade.

For the OP, let me share this thread that was started on this way back. 

And for no morph, consider this:

There are other instances in this same film.

• Like 1

I'm still not convinced about leaving in any semblance of shift or morph in this proposed "REAL mode".

I would concede allowing morph for Jason, on the condition that he could only morph to locations underwater (he is, after all, a kind of ghost of the lake, and for all of you worrying about his ability to travel, his speed underwater is excellent) On that note, counselors should not be able to see the red marker in the water . . .

Apart from this, most users agree and see the need for a mode such as this.

Explain to me how a guy that walks slower than my granny when she had her hip replaced is going to catch a bunch of stupid teenagers than run faster than Hussein Bolt and kill all 8 of them within twenty minutes? You'd have to give him a bazooka or something.

11 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Explain to me how a guy that walks slower than my granny when she had her hip replaced is going to catch a bunch of stupid teenagers than run faster than Hussein Bolt and kill all 8 of them within twenty minutes? You'd have to give him a bazooka or something.

I'm pretty sure there is a certain contingent of players on this forum who would lobby for Jason to be given a bazooka (along with awesome camouflage army fatigues and an electric guitar on his back that he can do guitar-solos on if you press G . . an awesome emote!!).

No. Just no... That is a terrible suggestion. I'm usually open minded with peoples ideas but this is ridiculous. Jason even with the Can run strength would never be able to capture all 8 counselors unless they were all terrible players and even then you would still have a difficult time. The only way you will capture someone without a morph or shift is if the player was bleeding out and even then you have ***hole players that keep climbing in and out of windows. This wouldn't work, won't be done and shouldn't be done. 

Case closed.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2017 at 6:13 AM, Poormetheus said:

Implicit in my suggestion is the fact that yes, the devs would need to re-balance the counselors too, and a certain buffing up of Jason would take place, with the trade-off that he can no longer shift or morph (this is non-canon, after all).

Counselors with high stamina could have it reduced a bit, with a draining-penalty for when they are in close proximity to Jason.

Also, combat-stance would be eliminated for counselors, period. No heavy-hits allowed.

Viola!

How can you say it's non cannon? How else do you explain when a counselor runs and runs and Jason just pops up behind them?

• Like 1