Yeah I started just muting everyone immediately. There’s been a huge influx of kids. Only sometimes do I play with voice chat now, but players are dumber than ever. I miss when you could just use your flashlight to signal and people would pay attention and deduce even without voice chat. I have the gas, click click over here is the battery, click click. As people just run off and get killed.

6 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

There's nothing like one final silly dance in defiance to Jason, when you know a second or so later you are  dead anyway and there's no point or chance in doing anything else.

You can’t be serious. You won’t see me giving up and dancing. I’ll fight, hobble, leap thru windows, and swerve thru trees limping til the bitter end. I’m always the last person and I will survive. 

3 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yeah I started just muting everyone immediately. There’s been a huge influx of kids. Only sometimes do I play with voice chat now, but players are dumber than ever. I miss when you could just use your flashlight to signal and people would pay attention and deduce even without voice chat. I have the gas, click click over here is the battery, click click. As people just run off and get killed.

You can’t be serious. You won’t see me giving up and dancing. I’ll fight, hobble, leap thru windows, and swerve thru trees limping til the bitter end. I’m always the last person and I will survive. 

I am serious, its a good laugh when there is literally no options left: no stamina, no health, no med spray, no weapon, no obstructions to block Jason, your outside and he is about to grab you in  5,4,3,2,1.

1 minute ago, a kamikaze man said:

I am serious, its a good laugh when there is literally no options left: no stamina, no health, no med spray, no weapon, no obstructions to block Jason, your outside and he is about to grab you in  5,4,3,2,1.

I agree. That's the only time dance emotes should be used....in a perfect world.:JasonPt7:

Dance all you want.  I hate it because they could all escape to the police, etc. but feel the need to troll Jason and dance for another five minute while dragging the game out for the rest of us spectating.

GET OUT and let's get on with it, please!!!!!!

I wanna get to the next game!

Ahem.....

That said, if there truly is an after-hours place around here, can someone let me know.  I don't want the party to stop...

• Like 1

I generally only dance during the actual police escape, once I cross the threshold. It looks hilarious to slide across the ground dancing to safety.

But clothes aren’t optional.  I don’t have the option to not see them.  I’m forced to watch bunnies and slutty devils dance around.  The spirit of the game is dead.  It’s not tense nor scary.  Its a farce now because of shit like that.  It’s a shame.

I hate when you are put into a lobby full of squeaking kid's, it really ruins the immersion and it also Scare's the shit out of me when some 6yr old screams into their mic while there dying from across the map.

Friday the 13th is supposed to be for ADULTS, Thats the whole  reason why it has a mature rating.

Are the parents who buy these game's blind? Do they not read the rating's before they buy the game's?

Some kids in this game can be helpful, but most of them are just annoying as hell.

they'll follow me around saying " Rev? Rev? Rev? Follow me Rev! Follow me!"

and I'm just sitting there like " Can you kindly fuck off kid, you're making more noise than an hippo having a asthma attack".

God damn I hate kid's.

screaming_children_everywhere_by_starlig

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

I wanna play survival horror, not the f***ing Sims, thanks.

I gotta agree with this.  I have strongly been against adding these overpriced unneeded DLC packs since the start.  Its really when the direction of the game started to shift from a survival horror where Jason was to be feared to a "kid friendly" co-op game with OP counselors dressed in ridiculous costumes.  They sacrificed the integrity of F13 to make a quick buck and like I said, its when the game started to become heavily counselor orientated balance wise.  It's when a lot more of the squeakers started to play and that's when I shelved the game 2 or 3 months back. 

I recently jumped back in with the new patch and was met with a squeaker running around tea bagging Jason dressed in a costume talking about how the person playing Jason is a b*tch and how he f'ed his mother last night.  I didn't blame the person playing Jason quitting either.  After that I was able to kite another Jason as Deb till the two minute mark appeared which he got frustrated and quit.  Had med sprays galore, shotgun, and was easily able to more shotguns or a flare gun when needed.  Didn't even need to have a pocket knife since most Jason's just slash now because knives are so plenty.  I didn't fear Jason nor was I ever worried about him catching me.  Did it a couple of more times and just realized I am going to stick to bots which gets tiresome with how bad they are so it's looking like the game is getting shelved soon again.  Only benefit to playing bots right now is to mop up the PH.D achievement, get easy double XP/CP during this event since most games people quit out in MP, and to remember the good ole days where Jason felt powerful and feared.  F13 completely lost its survival horror feel which is really sad.  The bad part is, since counselors are majority now, once they get a much needed balance change, its going to be complete outrage because people can't easy win anymore.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Christmas brings a whole new batch of players to get accustomed to. I'm sure a number of younger players are among the flock.

I enjoyed Dungeons and Dragons growing up, and bought a box set when they were available. Good times...

THOSE Parents were clearly RETARDED.... LOL. Unfortunately ou don't have to be smart or well adjusted to have a spawn....

36 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

I gotta agree with this.  I have strongly been against adding these overpriced unneeded DLC packs since the start.  Its really when the direction of the game started to shift from a survival horror where Jason was to be feared to a "kid friendly" co-op game with OP counselors dressed in ridiculous costumes.  They sacrificed the integrity of F13 to make a quick buck and like I said, its when the game started to become heavily counselor orientated balance wise.  It's when a lot more of the squeakers started to play and that's when I shelved the game 2 or 3 months back. 

I recently jumped back in with the new patch and was met with a squeaker running around tea bagging Jason dressed in a costume talking about how the person playing Jason is a b*tch and how he f'ed his mother last night.  I didn't blame the person playing Jason quitting either.  After that I was able to kite another Jason as Deb till the two minute mark appeared which he got frustrated and quit.  Had med sprays galore, shotgun, and was easily able to more shotguns or a flare gun when needed.  Didn't even need to have a pocket knife since most Jason's just slash now because knives are so plenty.  I didn't fear Jason nor was I ever worried about him catching me.  Did it a couple of more times and just realized I am going to stick to bots which gets tiresome with how bad they are so it's looking like the game is getting shelved soon again.  Only benefit to playing bots right now is to mop up the PH.D achievement, get easy double XP/CP during this event since most games people quit out in MP, and to remember the good ole days where Jason felt powerful and feared.  F13 completely lost its survival horror feel which is really sad.  The bad part is, since counselors are majority now, once they get a much needed balance change, its going to be complete outrage because people can't easy win anymore.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be an individual character, [I love being able to create my own characters in Dark Sous, it is one of my favorite games of all times]. [I do however wish to beat a squeaker To Death, in game], The annoy me so... But I can settle for muting almost everyone if need be. To enjoy playing. They usually weed themselves out anyway. Which makes room for eventually pleasant adults to play with, after a run of Other Jack-Assess join and leave. 

I don’t know...I have encountered very young children ever since I started playing in October (typically much worse on weekends).  It’s often kids (I mean under or around 10 years old) singing Bruno Mars into their mic, cussing at people, generally acting stupid.  Some of the teens are pretty awful too though. I suppose Christmas means it’ll just get worse. There are a few (very few) little kids who actually play well and don’t act like idiots but most of them are awful with behavior AND gameplay. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

I gotta agree with this.  I have strongly been against adding these overpriced unneeded DLC packs since the start.  

Overpriced? What the hell do you mean overpriced? Isn't the halloween costume clothing pack only 2.99? If that is overpriced to you then why did you buy a $39.99 game?

If a simple costume and emote offends you that much that you have to make a thread about it then that is honestly your problem. The costumes and emotes are fun little additions to the game and are OPTIONAL to buy and wear. 

Personally, I don't mind. Some kids are alright and some are decent players. Few and far between, sure, but they are out there. 

If kids are yelling or whatever, simply mute them. Not a big deal. Though the screaming ones calling out they have a med spray and machete while you are trying to talk to a person doing actual repairs and looking for an objective item do get on my nerves.

I think the frustrating aspect of them is  not knowing what to do, or how to do it. This is the only factor that bothers me. We all have to learn though. 

More sales = more future content and hopefully killing some bugs. Maybe better servers, namely for consoles.

Besides, who doesn't enjoy going 8/8 before you get rage mode? They recognized balance issues so they brought children to the slaughterama!

As for the argument of dance emotes and costumes, it breaks immersion of the game for purists, not the game. I won't quit playing because of people playing counselor dress up 2017, but it does prevent the game from pulling off a movie feel. I totally get the swimsuits, as we are at summer camp. The costumes are simple and goofy. My opinion; I don't get the same anxious feeling running next to Officer Dangle or a sexy devil. Especially when they are dancing.  The dance emotes and costumes are more distracting than anything. Don't get me wrong though, I have enjoyed my fair share of dance parties by cops or radios. It's just stupid troll behavior though. It's Friday's version of teabagging. After all, how does a dance communicate anything important? Overall, to each their own and how they want to play the game. As long as you aren't a team killer, or escaping solo in a 4 seater, whatever goes.

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

The costumes and emotes are fun little additions to the game and are OPTIONAL to buy and wear. 

Again, you're missing the point. It doesn't matter that they are optional - everybody knows they are optional.

Imagine Jason had an optional laser-cannon as a weapon, it's the same rationale. Can't you see that it. does. not. belong. 

?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Poormetheus said:

Again, you're missing the point. It doesn't matter that they are optional - everybody knows they are optional.

Imagine Jason had an optional laser-cannon as a weapon, it's the same rationale. Can't you see that it. does. not. belong. 

?

Little dance emotes and halloween costumes are not in the same atmosphere as a laser cannon. In the movies, the counselors and teens were seen dancing and some of the teens/ adults were seen wearing skimpy clothing. 

Obviously it does belong. The only thing that is just a tiny bit annoying is when someone dances near the exit, but even then that is not a big deal. If you are letting that get the best of you then that is YOUR problem.

2 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Overpriced? What the hell do you mean overpriced? Isn't the halloween costume clothing pack only 2.99? If that is overpriced to you then why did you buy a $39.99 game?

If a simple costume and emote offends you that much that you have to make a thread about it then that is honestly your problem. The costumes and emotes are fun little additions to the game and are OPTIONAL to buy and wear. 

For starters, I didn't make the thread so fact check before you try to rant

They are unneeded and overpriced for what you get and what they actually add to gameplay which is nothing.  You are paying for something that adds nothing to gameplay.  That's why they are over priced.  Also using that argument is incredibly stupid and shortsighted.  Just because someone spent money on something doesn't mean that they will, want to, or can money on something else no matter what they price is.  That's like going into McDonald's to get a drink at $2.99 but then you have to buy the straw for .25 cents.  You spent $3 on a drink, why are you complaining about .25?  Because it is the principle of the matter.  

You can keep saying optional which is fine and dandy if this was strictly a single player game which it isn't.  It isn't optional for people to see.  Sure you don't have to buy them but you still have to see them whether it is an emote or costume.  The only one that make sense is the bathing suit DLC .   That's it.  The other emotes and costumes are 100% not needed and often times can sometimes ruin gameplay for others.  So no it is not optional when you are playing and you see counselors tea bagging Jason in a bunny suit or dancing around while he is trying to catch them.  It ruins the survival horror feel this game used to have.  

12 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

For starters, I didn't make the thread so fact check before you try to rant

They are unneeded and overpriced for what you get and what they actually add to gameplay which is nothing.  You are paying for something that adds nothing to gameplay.  That's why they are over priced.  Also using that argument is incredibly stupid and shortsighted.  Just because someone spent money on something doesn't mean that they will, want to, or can money on something else no matter what they price is.  That's like going into McDonald's to get a drink at $2.99 but then you have to buy the straw for .25 cents.  You spent $3 on a drink, why are you complaining about .25?  Because it is the principle of the matter.  

You can keep saying optional which is fine and dandy if this was strictly a single player game which it isn't.  It isn't optional for people to see.  Sure you don't have to buy them but you still have to see them whether it is an emote or costume.  The only one that make sense is the bathing suit DLC .   That's it.  The other emotes and costumes are 100% not needed and often times can sometimes ruin gameplay for others.  So no it is not optional when you are playing and you see counselors tea bagging Jason in a bunny suit or dancing around while he is trying to catch them.  It ruins the survival horror feel this game used to have.  

A $2.99 drink does not compare to a $39.99 game. Also I am not being shortsighted I'm being realistic, and if you are letting a damn bunny costume affect your gameplay that badly even though you said just now that it does not add anything to the gameplay then that is your problem like I said earlier.

It doesn't take away anything from the gameplay of others physically as well, you aren't stunned every time you see a bunny costume or a slutty devil, your abilities arent nerfed either. 

Emotionally wise that is all on you.

This is the duplicate thread? Methinks someone is grasping at straws...

Anyway, to defend myself since I was locked out, I don't think Video games make kids violent. I think kids who are already violent or unstable may get ideas. Conjecture? Sure, but it shouldn't be entirely ignored.

9 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I generally only dance during the actual police escape, once I cross the threshold. It looks hilarious to slide across the ground dancing to safety.

Me too. I usually do the weeping emote though!

Idc if I see some troll emoting after a stun, idc if i see costumes, as i see it that was wasted development time, i'd prefer that time spent balancing/fixing bugs glitches ect or more time to work on new counselor/jason. In terms of overpriced, the kill pack is imo, its 3 kills, 3 animations, when single characters, full on characters, with way more than 3 animations are around 5 bucks. Im glad we got P4 Jason free an its the only reason i'd buy it, but i dont want or need any current dlc

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

A $2.99 drink does not compare to a $39.99 game. Also I am not being shortsighted I'm being realistic, and if you are letting a damn bunny costume affect your gameplay that badly even though you said just now that it does not add anything to the gameplay. 

It doesn't take away anything from the gameplay of others physically as well, you aren't stunned every time you see a bunny costume or a slutty devil, your abilities arent nerfed either. 

Emotionally wise that is all on you.

It is actually short sighted because you think that just because it doesn't effect you, that it shouldn't effect someone else.  You arent being realistic, again you are being short sighted.  There is no difference no matter what the price is.  The point of the example still stands(which was extremely simple went over your head somehow), doesn't matter the price. 

They do not add anything to gameplay but it takes away from gameplay for some people.  I thought most people could have at least put two and two together but reading comprehension isn't you forte I guess.  It isn't about being emotionally effected or physically.  That's where your short sightedness champions again. It's about this game being a survival horror game.  It's about this game retaining some kind of immersion when seeing counselors chased by Jason trying to survive like it used to be.  Now it is people dressed up in dumb costumes dancing around/tea bagging every time they knock down Jason.  It has completely lost its survival horror aspect.  Especially with how weak Jason is now.  

I know its cool to hate on kids (I'm over 40, so I naturally hate them too, but.

When I go into a lobby. I tend to mute in this order.

1. Random person playing music loudy for attention.
  2. Person saying racist things while laughing
  3. The other Racist player
  4. some guy that doesn't understand volume
  5. The person that cannot speak english or talking in another language just because. I have nothing against this, but I can't understand you, and its just background noise I don't need
  6. Now i start to think about muting kids. Not every child is annoying, but you will know in the first minute if you have an overexcited child that too noisy

Now Game starts

7.) Mute the guy playing Jason as hes making a racist comments, or just swearing, or playing music or screaming.

basically I just chat in discord with my 2 friends while we play and mute the rest of the group as there is always some large combination of issues.

now I will admit there have been some nights were I rarely mute anyone, and people actually have fun chats while playing, but that is not often (sadly), but I do try to give groups a chat, as I've some friends playing this game

• Haha 1