Sign in to follow this  
WashingtonJones

Favorite Freddy Glove

Ever since I was 6 years old I've been obsessed with that glove. So much so that when I was 10 I built a real one out of thin sheet metal left over from when my parents had the roof redone on our house. By the time I was 15, I was selling them for $200 a pop on Ebay.

Having the internet was great for me because there were so many pictures to work with. I started making screen accurate gloves based off their specific movies, long before it became the norm for current glove makers. That's when I started to differentiate the gloves and develop favorites.

So....my favorite is Parts 1 & 2 equally because they're basically the same, minus some slight variations. It's a beautiful work of art as far as I'm concerned. It has a thin skeletal look to the metal. The arched and narrow blades give off a more menacing, animalistic vibe.

cc74faf32d4320b6cd8e64ed08fcb35c833cf43d

A very close 2nd is Part 3. It's a chunkier cleaner design, with a very cool weathered look to the metal. tumblr_n9ht6sFAtk1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

I like the FvJ glove because it's like an exaggerated version of Part 3.

The only one I don't like is the New Nightmare glove. It looks silly, but worse than that, they put a blade on the thumb and thats blasphemous. I'm glad that the great Wes Craven acknowledged that he made a mistake in changing Freddy's look in that movie.

Anyway, is anybody else as nuts as I am to be able to discern one from another enough to pick a favorite?

I don't necessarily have a favourite and I probably couldn't tell the difference between the gloves unless I'd recently watched the movies.

I bought the 'Boiler Room Creation' from Razorgloves because of it's price and it's a somewhat generic Freddy glove. I had the Freddy vs. Jason NECA display but sold it so I could buy some wearable fiberglass Jason masks. I got this glove because I wanted something wearable also.

That's awesome you made/make your own.

Edit:

The glove showing on the link's pic isn't mine.

4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Anyway, is anybody else as nuts as I am to be able to discern one from another enough to pick a favorite?

I'd have to say that the Part 1 glove is my favorite. Just because it was the first one I saw, and I was young enough for it to leave one hell of an impression on me. I was scared shitless of that glove! :lol:

Started building replicas at 10? That's impressive!

My favorites are the 4th one and the FvJ one.

I like the 4th one because it's probably the most colorful and weathered of all the gloves,and also the sharper look of the blades,it's a glove that clearly show how aged it is,that it's been years (like almost what ? 2 or 3 decades) since Freddy's death at the hands of the angry parents mob.The redness of the finger tips wich is actually similar to the part 1 glove redness tough it's a lot more red on the part 4 glove,the backplate having lots of black spots,the solder spilts and the darker yellow glove wich also look a little bit kinda greenish,it's probably the nastiest of the gloves with Part 6 glove being in 2nd place.

And i also like the FvJ glove,mostly because of how menacing those blades look,it's one beast of a glove,can you imagine being pierced by those blades.

As of right now,i have a Part 3 glove by Neca,it's probably not as top quality and 100% accurate compared to the gloves made by peoples like RazorGloves or Terrorgloves or Dark Dream Design,but it's cheaper (about around 60$) and look a lot more like an actual Freddy's glove with real copper and metal parts compared to the cheaper plastic gloves or that Rubies Deluxe glove wich as a terrible fake leather glove while the Neca gloves are actual real leather gloves.

Only problem tough,is that i have a bit of difficulty with the pinky finger (a problem that most peoples seem to have) and it's not exactly as accurate as the glove shown by WashingtonJones,you can see that the Neca glove doesnt have all the black weathering on the backplate and some of the fingers,those are a lot cleaner,and the solder spilt is like a dark brown/red kind of color instead of the silverish color it's supposed to have,but it still look like an actual glove anyway.

And while it's a smaller glove compared to the other 2 gloves made by Neca (Part 1 & Remake),sure it was a bit difficult at first to put my hand inside it,but eventually the leather glove loosened a bit and now it's easier for me to wear it.

I would go with part 1 first. Something about New Nightmares I find terrifying so that is my second favorite. I am sure I am alone there, but the mechanical look of it seemed so evil to me for some reason.