Sign in to follow this  
Ban_All_Music

After a few months of not playing...

It's been since the Jarvis map was added that I have played last. Wasn't playing before that. After it was added, I played a round to look at the map and quit. Haven't bought any DLC because I need faith again before I would give them any more of my money.

With the new patch, been playing the offline bots for a bit. Brought a small amount of enjoyment back into the game until they literally started running at me instead of away from me. The swimming in circles, running into a tree/rock until you get close...yeesh, the AI sucks. Two of them fixed the car and decided to stand by the doors rather than attempt to escape. 

So, I decided to check out multiplayer again to see just how bad it was. How did it get so much worse in three or four months? Took an hour to get into a game(about the same as last time I played), then I got 200xp with the double xp. 

Played a game as Jason on a small map. He is so underpowered! The cooldowns seem to last ages, especially when you hear a trap go off, chasing a Vanessa, etc....and "running" isn't a strength. It's a light jog rather than a vigorous walk of another Jason. Everyone can stun you, the window forcefield is a remarkably stupid design. Ah, I was also killed as soon as I walked into the shack. My mask was off after one shotgun blast and there is no time between the sweater and Tommy's final blow to defend yourself. 

I suppose none of what I am saying is new. Playing as a counselor and playing against them, the game is clearly tilted in their favor. And there are still so...many...bugs. I actually got picked as Jason twice, but had to quit the first time at the beginning because there was no cursor on the map for me to shift to. 

I don't understand how the game can be even worse seven months after its release. And once more, I quit. Life's too short and this game is mental. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah.. You definitely chose the wrong time to come back bud. Unfortunately this game is in the worst state it has ever been in.

Here's to hoping the devs get their heads out of their asses and fix this shit as soon as the holiday is over.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Yeah.. You definitely chose the wrong time to come back bud. Unfortunately this game is in the worst state it has ever been in.

Here's to hoping the devs get their heads out of their asses and fix this shit as soon as the holiday is over.

It's a shame I have to agree with this.

Things were pretty bad before this patch, then this patch comes along and breaks traps in multiplayer and gives every counselor enough weapons/sprays for the apocalypse.

I guess we'll see how things go in late January...

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It's a shame I have to agree with this.

Things were pretty bad before this patch, then this patch comes along and breaks traps in multiplayer and gives every counselor enough weapons/sprays for the apocalypse.

I guess we'll see how things go in late January...

It will get worse. They've been changing the game to favour counselors piece by piece since at least August. First it was the windows, then the grab and traps, and now it's giving the counselors twice as many get out of jail free cards in the form of pocket knives and unblockable shotgun blasts.

• Like 1

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

It will get worse. They've been changing the game to favour counselors piece by piece since at least August. First it was the windows, then the grab and traps, and now it's giving the counselors twice as many get out of jail free cards in the form of pocket knives and unblockable shotgun blasts.

I don't mind. I just slash them, as you know ;)

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

I don't mind. I just slash them, as you know ;)

Boring way to play. I'd rather just set my preference to counselor and never touch Jason again. I don't need to slash though, since the meta characters aren't all that popular in my experience. I don't care how many times I have to grab an AJ, that won't give me an aneurysm. It's only a problem with a few counselors.

Despite being, what, half a year old now, the game really hasn't improved much.  In fact a lot of the changes are outright puzzling, killing what little atmosphere the game had left by turning it into 24/7 Jason trolling.  On top of that there are still no dedicated servers, meaning most matches end with a host disconnect same as ever.  This broken mess of a game is just for the diehards and the trolls right now IMO. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Strangefate said:

Despite being, what, half a year old now, the game really hasn't improved much.  In fact a lot of the changes are outright puzzling, killing what little atmosphere the game had left by turning it into 24/7 Jason trolling.  On top of that there are still no dedicated servers, meaning most matches end with a host disconnect same as ever.  This broken mess of a game is just for the diehards and the trolls right now IMO. 

I can't agree with you more. It's Troll Jason: The Game.

Yeah I haven’t played online in months. I used to be a great Jason: unstoppable even. After hearing all the details of the game now though I’m too scared to even try.

It had gotten tough before when they changed the window animation, and counselors can get in and out of windows with ease.  And it got annoying when they got rid of the player screen when you push up on the d-pad. 

Now they’ve added more knives? More shotguns? Yeah, no thanks. It was annoying before dealing with trolls and the little kids but now I can only imagine... 

I won’t be playing online again until I see here on the forums that it’ll be worth it. Until then the only reason I even turned the game on was for offline bots. 

Have to stop catering to the “no patience, rage quit, if I don’t win every time I quit because I have no fortitude” youth crowd.

It’s not what this game was supposed to be. And if reverting it back means the squeakers stop playing it, then HALLELUJAH!!!