4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Now.. it makes more sense to have to get away first.. Like jump in a cabin, lock the doors and then heal...  So it makes more sense to increase the time needed to heal.  So you don't end up with counselors just healing in mid chase.  If you're limping and Jason is on your ass.. you deserve to die.

I agree that healing should be a bit more time consuming. A quick spray-and-run to patch up those broken bones and severe lacerations is a bit much. As the game stats are now, I think healing should probably be a QTE based on Composure ( a failed check makes the counselor shriek in pain). It would certainly make counselors consider carefully where they would pause to patch themselves up when Jason is hot on their heels.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:35 AM, NScarlato said:

Jason is only fun in newbie quick play lobby.  I don’t even want to make In-Game friends these days as playing private lobbies with level 110 - 150 counselors who all have their preferences set as Counselor only is not fun at all.  

This is exactly what’s happened with my group of friends. A full lobby and no one ever wants to be Jason, aka have their turn to be stun locked and out jogged by a counselor who remains just out of grab range the whole match.

On 1/6/2018 at 5:31 AM, lasse_hei said:

Yeah, I get it. Though this game was marketed as the "Jason experience " , not the "counselor experience". When did this change ? Why is it easier to survive as counselor than kill as Jason? As you said, certain things need to considered in gameplay. Shouldn't those consideration aply to both Jason AND counselor? Why have the buffs and nerfs been so onesided? Why are the devs catering the counselors?

And btw. Who has been pushing for an "easy Jason experience"? Yes, buffing Jason and nerfing counselors / item spawns would make killing a little easier, but against descent players, not easy. The main point is that it would be harder for counselors to survive. THAT is too easy atm

Since October, I've probably played Jason a grand total of maybe 6 times.  None of those have been a positive, fun experience.  It's such a shame too cuz back in the summer, playing as Jason was a lot of fun.

The devs did a complete 180 now.  It's no longer Jason's game.  At least now if you switch your preference to counselor, you don't need to deal with the bullshit.The only good thing about this game now.  

I won't play as Jason until they fix it.  In all honesty, the gameplay was perfectly fine at launch.  Besides the constant dashboarding and crashing, the balance between counselor's and Jason's in my eyes, was perfect.  Jason gets his kills without having to break a sweat, counselor's could still escape, but you needed to work for it.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2018 at 12:33 PM, BFizzle said:

This is exactly what’s happened with my group of friends. A full lobby and no one ever wants to be Jason, aka have their turn to be stun locked and out jogged by a counselor who remains just out of grab range the whole match.

That's the sad reality of this game. 

On 1/5/2018 at 9:06 PM, dmack621 said:

Well then you have my exact opinion of counselors right now: cheap.

When shitty players are teaming up to kill Jason thinking they're hot shit because game mechanics have been changed in their favor ... it's cheap as hell.

Was in SEVERAL games where players who didn't EVEN KNOW what they were supposed to do got called into arms to beat on and kill Jason. I was set to counselor and watched as a pretty damn good Jason who managed to swat down 5 of the fuckers still ended up getting killed because of the unending supply of shit the counselors have. Stun-stun-stun-stun-hit-hit-mask off-stun-stun.

For anyone arguing that "this isn't like the movies as every one of the counselors know Jason is there" ... fine ... but prior to his arrival did they know? Because why is the place stocked like a fucking WAR ZONE?! The amount of items was fine how it was, we don't need 8 shotguns, 10 pocket knives and umpteen health sprays which just "HAPPEN" to be there AFTER these punk bitches find out about Jason.

I always used to joke how there was 2 maps and 3 walkies for every counselor in the drawers. Now it's that way for knives and guns and it's stupid as fuck.

Just stop giving this game to kids ... FFS. You are NOT supposed to win as a counselor all the time. How the fuck ANYONE can say they need MORE for a team of SEVEN against a team of ONE and actually feel justified and proud about that is beyond me. 

This right now is the equivalent of going bowling as a young child and your parents have to have them put the side rails up for you so you can knock down some pins. Everyone knows you didn't do it legit, but just like that kid bowling ... these piss poor players actually feel as if they have skill even when everyone around them knows the side rails are up to spare their feelings.

I agree 100%

Jason's fine nothing to see hear <_<

On 1/8/2018 at 7:47 PM, gtdjlocker311 said:

So should the new intro be Crazy Ralph directing his warning to Jason?!

"You're doomed!"

Pulled your quote from other thread.

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2018 at 9:06 PM, dmack621 said:

Just stop giving this game to kids ... FFS. You are NOT supposed to win as a counselor all the time. How the fuck ANYONE can say they need MORE for a team of SEVEN against a team of ONE and actually feel justified and proud about that is beyond me. 

This right now is the equivalent of going bowling as a young child and your parents have to have them put the side rails up for you so you can knock down some pins. Everyone knows you didn't do it legit, but just like that kid bowling ... these piss poor players actually feel as if they have skill even when everyone around them knows the side rails are up to spare their feelings.

I agree with the sentiment, eventhough my experience has been slightly different on PS4.

There's a huge difference between making the game balanced, and skewing it to the "casual crowd"--I'm more towards the "casual" end of the spectrum, but even I find the number of items on the maps ridiculous. In a QP match on PS4, a radio is wasted 75% of the time because people don't use mics, so there's no way to coordinate.  There are so many guns/machetes on a given map that you start to question what kind of parent would send their child to such a camp to begin with <_<

Wrenches, pipes, pots, pans,  2x4s, and even a few axes all make sense.  I could even see one shotgun and maybe two flare guns per map, but when a cabin has multiple flare guns or four-plus wrenches lying around, it's a bit ridiculous.  If anything, they could be diversifying the weapon/item pool with things like tent stakes, crossbow/bow & arrow, shovel, tree trimming shears/saws, rocks, screwdrivers/knives (like the ones Jason uses for environmental kills)--things one normally finds in a "camp" environment (I'd even be a fan of having a kerosene lamp function like a pocket knife and be a guaranteed stun that lights Jason on fire).

But I've only seen Jason killed twice in the hundreds of matches I've played since October (when I started playing the game).  I can't tell you how many times I've had it screwed up because the sweater didn't work, the player using Tommy was a toothless inbred sheep shagger, or some other calamity ensued.  Especially since the last big patch, the efficiency of Jason players has been exponentially improved because of the changes to the preferences in QP matches.  Players who prefer Jason or have no preference are almost always selected to be Jason now, whereas previously you were likely to have someone who preferred to be a counselor as Jason about half of the time.

When players who don't play as Jason were forced to play him, I saw more frequent "rage quit" incidents or escapes by counselors with minimal effort communication.  Now, though, experienced Jason players are running the table with relative ease against uncoordinated counselors, and even coordinated groups in most instances.  Hell, I'm a TERRIBLE Jason, and I went 5/8 last night while more than slightly inebriated and I was far from my sharpest.

In a room full of well-seasoned coordinated counselors, I have no doubt that Jason encounters much more difficulty eliminating the additional players, but I can only speak from my experiences, and an overwhelming majority of the matches I've been in, especially since the December patch, have seen Jason absolutely annihilate most of the counselors.

6 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Jason's fine nothing to see hear <_<

Pulled your quote from other thread.

F13th Game in a nutshell.

Your right... jason still can wipe out lobbies. The game just isnt scary anymore. Permanent stalk until jasons seen should be implemented. As ive said before, have random weapon drops for jason as well. If that was put in then they could make it where jason can throw weapons. If you miss the counsellor with an axe throw and too lazy to go retrieve it, you go find a different weapon. This would beef jason up a bit and make it feel more like friday the 13th. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

But I've only seen Jason killed twice in the hundreds of matches I've played since October (when I started playing the game).  I can't tell you how many times I've had it screwed up because the sweater didn't work, the player using Tommy was a toothless inbred sheep shagger, or some other calamity ensued. 

How often are you playing? Last night alone we killed him three times in a row, the first being a very competent guy around level 138 who'd never been killed before and was amazed by how fast it was. Lost his mask, Vanessa took it, sweater+axe+Tommy and boom, he was dead the moment he stepped outside Packanack lodge. Never even saw it coming.

The main thing protecting Jason from death is his mask; once it's off, Jarvis and Sweater-Girl can quickly and easily put him into an inescapable series of animations ending in his head opening like a ripe melon. But ever since the devs effectively doubled the number of counselor offensive items on the map (shotguns, spray, knives) Jason is practically guaranteed to lose that mask. And usually lose it early.

54 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

How often are you playing? Last night alone we killed him three times in a row, the first being a very competent guy around level 138 who'd never been killed before and was amazed by how fast it was. Lost his mask, Vanessa took it, sweater+axe+Tommy and boom, he was dead the moment he stepped outside Packanack lodge. Never even saw it coming.

The main thing protecting Jason from death is his mask; once it's off, Jarvis and Sweater-Girl can quickly and easily put him into an inescapable series of animations ending in his head opening like a ripe melon. But ever since the devs effectively doubled the number of counselor offensive items on the map (shotguns, spray, knives) Jason is practically guaranteed to lose that mask. And usually lose it early.

Every other day or so for about 3-4 hours, depending.  Granted, less during the holidays, but I was in a solid 7-8 matches last night that went the distance.

I'm also playing against Randos every match.  Poorly organized, uncommunicative Randos at least 75% of the time.  If I do get in a lobby that has a group that's talking, escapes happen much more frequently, but as I said earlier, the number of times I've had a Jason kill opportunity wasted by some mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger playing as Tommy Jarvis or a sweater that didn't work properly are too innumerable to count.

Last weekend, I had the sweater and the ax from the shack.  Tommy Jarvis was standing right next to me as I tossed the ax down and told him to pick it up so we could kill the already maskless Jason.  Apparently, that shotgun was going to be pried from his cold, dead hands, which ironically enough, I got to witness shortly thereafter, as Jason wiped the entire group of four of us after I burned the sweater stun.  Derpy Jarvis running around the house like someone stole his deck of Pokemon cards and wouldn't give them back...

I try to walk newer players through the mechanics, but 9 times out of 10, I'm met with the defiant mewling of an omniscient ten-year old or silence.  

Although I have to question your claim about the competency of a Jason that didn't exercise any caution whatsoever knowing that a player was in the shack at some point  <_<.   I'm not arguing that counselors have too many weapons/options at their disposal--I wholeheartedly concur.  I can only go by my experience in QP matches on consoles, and everything I've seen from playing against Randos shows an alarming lack of communication/cohesion for the most part, at least when it comes to killing Jason.  Not as many people are familiar with the process as you would think, or can be bothered to research it, let alone ask questions.

Maybe environmental kills should be something he can do without having to grab the counselor?

If you and a counselor are within a defined space you can just trigger it, kind of like pulling them from a window or destroying the phone box.

Could keep counselors from wanting to get too close.

Maybe It's a really bad idea? 

• Like 1

That could work... itd be tricky not to make it isanely op but eh. I like it!

22 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Although I have to question your claim about the competency of a Jason that didn't exercise any caution whatsoever knowing that a player was in the shack at some point  <_<.   

He didn't know: my Jarvis grabbed the mask and handed it off to the Vanessa, with explicit instructions to take it, go in, get the sweater and bring me the axe. It was QP but all you need is a decent Jarvis and one female who know what to do (both of which I agree are often too much to ask).

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:52 AM, Alkavian said:

I agree that healing should be a bit more time consuming. A quick spray-and-run to patch up those broken bones and severe lacerations is a bit much. As the game stats are now, I think healing should probably be a QTE based on Composure ( a failed check makes the counselor shriek in pain). It would certainly make counselors consider carefully where they would pause to patch themselves up when Jason is hot on their heels.

They could even make a green health bar wrap around the top side of the mini-map like the stamina does with the bottom half. As the health bar gets lower, the first aid spray takes longer to fill the health meter back up. Basically like how healing in Horizon: Zero Dawn works. 

54 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

He didn't know: my Jarvis grabbed the mask and handed it off to the Vanessa, with explicit instructions to take it, go in, get the sweater and bring me the axe. It was QP but all you need is a decent Jarvis and one female who know what to do (both of which I agree are often too much to ask).

That's literally the first time anyone has explained the function of the mask to me.  Both this board and Reddit are littered with pleas to give it a specific function, and most if the "how to kill Jason" videos on YouTube gloss over this not insignificant factoid.

The more you know...

I literally stand outside the shack with Tiffany and wait for full stamina before running in and out like a bat out of hell (with about a 50% success rate).

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

That's literally the first time anyone has explained the function of the mask to me.  Both this board and Reddit are littered with pleas to give it a specific function, and most if the "how to kill Jason" videos on YouTube gloss over this not insignificant factoid.

The more you know...

I literally stand outside the shack with Tiffany and wait for full stamina before running in and out like a bat out of hell (with about a 50% success rate).

You don't need the mask at all, to be honest. Go to the shack, stand outside and ask your team mates if Jason just morphed somewhere. If so, you can get the sweater and he can't do anything to stop you.

If you're playing solo and want to be sweater girl, just use Vanessa. You can grab it at any point (I recommend start of the match) and get away with it. Jason will start tunnelling you and you can use this opportunity to demask him, which can be done in the time it takes him to break down one door (only requires a few door hits with machete) for example.

Alerting Jason to the shack is a way of distracting him as well, and getting him away from objectives when need be.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

You don't need the mask at all to be honest. Go to the shack, stand outside and ask your team mates if Jason just morphed somewhere. If so, you can get the sweater and he can't do anything to stop you.

If you're playing solo and want to be sweater girl, just use Vanessa. You can grab it at any point (I recommend start of the match) and get away with it. Jason will start tunnelling you and you can use this opportunity to demask him, which can be done in the time it takes him to break down one door (only requires a few door hits) for example.

Alerting Jason to the shack is a way of distracting him as well, and getting him away from objectives when need be.

I never use the mask to enter the Shack. I just walk on in and do the norm. I usually play as Tiffany just because I like her play style, and it definitely distracts some Jason's away from objectives like you stated.

11 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

I never use the mask to enter the Shack. I just walk on in and do the norm. I usually play as Tiffany just because I like her play style, and it definitely distracts some Jason's away from objectives like you stated.

Yeah, it's unnecessary. Especially if you can get to the shack before Jason has Shift, he will be shit out of luck catching you. If he even decides to Morph there before trapping all objectives, counselors can potentially start repairing. 

Under the right circumstances, a coordinated team can kill Jason early match.

13 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

As a very experienced Jason (140) who's still wiping lobbies even today, I almost tasted it myself last week. Entire team was able to stunlock me, get Tommy via suicide (and someone quitting I believe), and getting the stun on me as well. The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason they didn't was because no one in the team thought it a good idea to equip a Stun weapon. They all had freaking machetes and they failed to bring me down in the moment of the sweater lock. So I lucked out on that one, but the worst part is, if combat wasn't broken like it currently is, I'd be able to still do my block-cancel strategy reliably like I could before the Fall patch. Back when you could easily punish any greedy counselor who flew too close to the Jason sun by nullifying their attempts to attack me head on. But these days, a full bum-rush tactic is pretty much all you need to take Jason's mask off. I can still sometimes do my block-cancelling slash/grab on people, but it's nowhere near as responsive, and if I'm surrounded you can forget it.

Not to mention, Jason's "Stun Cooldown" used to prevent this more than any other thing in his arsenal. Basically, once you stunned Jason, he was immune to another stun for like 5 seconds after. I've never been clear on if the devs removed it intentionally or not, but chain stunning was never a thing before it's removal.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, Jballz said:

Your right... jason still can wipe out lobbies. The game just isnt scary anymore. Permanent stalk until jasons seen should be implemented. As ive said before, have random weapon drops for jason as well. If that was put in then they could make it where jason can throw weapons. If you miss the counsellor with an axe throw and too lazy to go retrieve it, you go find a different weapon. This would beef jason up a bit and make it feel more like friday the 13th. 

Permanent stalk is a good idea.  They can make it like the musical cue for seeing a dead body.  When Jason shows up for your character, meaning your character sees him, they can start the Jason chase music. Maybe have a jarring start and a camera zoom on Jason, like you do when you see a dead body.  I think that would be a nice addition to make the game more difficult for counselor's as well as make the game scarier with more jump scares.

Stalk is such a great tool for scaring players and catching them off guard.  Stalk is the thing that makes this a horror game.

There are so many changes I want to see made with this game.

• Thanks 1

- Stalk immediately as match starts

- take cops away 1 minute after they show up

- lower knives and shotguns

-  jason gets stunned less 

On 1/7/2018 at 11:52 AM, Alkavian said:

I love this idea.

Rage= 100% stunproof, perm stalk until seen, good grab again, reduce shotguns and pocket knives.