1 hour ago, UntilDawna said:

It didn't make him scary, it made him feel cheap.

Well then you have my exact opinion of counselors right now: cheap.

When shitty players are teaming up to kill Jason thinking they're hot shit because game mechanics have been changed in their favor ... it's cheap as hell.

Was in SEVERAL games where players who didn't EVEN KNOW what they were supposed to do got called into arms to beat on and kill Jason. I was set to counselor and watched as a pretty damn good Jason who managed to swat down 5 of the fuckers still ended up getting killed because of the unending supply of shit the counselors have. Stun-stun-stun-stun-hit-hit-mask off-stun-stun.

For anyone arguing that "this isn't like the movies as every one of the counselors know Jason is there" ... fine ... but prior to his arrival did they know? Because why is the place stocked like a fucking WAR ZONE?! The amount of items was fine how it was, we don't need 8 shotguns, 10 pocket knives and umpteen health sprays which just "HAPPEN" to be there AFTER these punk bitches find out about Jason.

I always used to joke how there was 2 maps and 3 walkies for every counselor in the drawers. Now it's that way for knives and guns and it's stupid as fuck.

Just stop giving this game to kids ... FFS. You are NOT supposed to win as a counselor all the time. How the fuck ANYONE can say they need MORE for a team of SEVEN against a team of ONE and actually feel justified and proud about that is beyond me. 

This right now is the equivalent of going bowling as a young child and your parents have to have them put the side rails up for you so you can knock down some pins. Everyone knows you didn't do it legit, but just like that kid bowling ... these piss poor players actually feel as if they have skill even when everyone around them knows the side rails are up to spare their feelings.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You really need to slash as Jason now.  It's the only way you're going to have a chance at killing at least half the lobby for me anyways.

It just pisses me off, cuz I still see some Jason's here and there clear the lobby, and I'm here struggling to get half.  If I kill half the lobby, it's a good game for me.  In my eyes, clearing the lobby is damn impressive, where as 4 months ago, it was the status quo.

3 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

You really need to slash as Jason now.  It's the only way you're going to have a chance at killing at least half the lobby for me anyways.

It just pisses me off, cuz I still see some Jason's here and there clear the lobby, and I'm here struggling to get half.  If I kill half the lobby, it's a good game for me.  In my eyes, clearing the lobby is damn impressive, where as 4 months ago, it was the status quo.

Jason is only fun in newbie quick play lobby.  I don’t even want to make In-Game friends these days as playing private lobbies with level 110 - 150 counselors who all have their preferences set as Counselor only is not fun at all.  

i think jason and pamela voorhees should be an option to be on a map at the same time since the weapons and counselors are unbalanced and too powerfull against jasons defense.rage mode for jason should be longer for an extended period of gameplay when counselors attack with weapons,during rage mode weapons should be unseless against jason.

I do not believe that I have ever seen some so upset about emotes and costumes. To assume that costumes or emotes are items for trolls and kids is so far off the mark. Fact is people enjoy those things and it does not affect anyone else's experience in game. The problem is personal preference and that resides with you individually. Nothing anyone can do about that. While I get most want a slaughter experience with ease because it's Jason and we'll he's a monster this is after all a game and certain things need to be considered in favor of game play since there are players on both sides. While it can be frustrating to be knocked down by a bunny who taunts you must understand that trolling is trolling. There will always be a way it is done. I am sure there is not a group of trolls that sat there said oh Friday 13th the game. No thanks there are no emotes and costumes to troll. Let's be realistic trolls exist in every game where you are playing online with other players. It's an unfortunate truth in online gaming. 

To those who have issue with the bugs that is understandable and I know things are always being worked on to smooth it out. Unfortunately it's a bit of a balancing act and while swift corrections are preferable it is not always the reality in terms of a fix. 

Also, I would like to remind everyone to keep this topic civil there were some questionable comments in this thread that are very near to breaking rules of post content. Please make an effort to keep discussions on the up and up. 

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

I do not believe that I have ever seen some so upset about emotes and costumes. To assume that costumes or emotes are items for trolls and kids is so far off the mark. Fact is people enjoy those thiings and it does not affect anyone else's experience in game. The problem is personal preference and that resides with you individually. Nothing anyone can do about that. While I get most want a slaughter experience with ease because it's Jason and we'll he's a monster this is after all a game and certain things need to be considered in favor of game play since there are players on both sides. While it can be frustrating to be knocked down by a bunny who taunts you must understand that trolling is trolling. There will always be a way it is done. I am sure there is not a group of trolls that sat there said oh Friday 13th the game. No thanks there are no emotes and costumes to troll. Let's be realistic trolls exist in every game where you are playing online with other players. It's an unfortunate truth in online gaming. 

To those who have issue with the bugs that is understandable and I know things are always being worked on to smooth it out. Unfortunately it's a bit of a balancing act and while swift corrections are preferable it is not always the reality in terms of a fix. 

Also, I would like to remind everyone to keep this topic civil there were some questionable comments in this thread that are very near to breaking rules of post content. Please make an effort to keep discussions on the up and up. 

i hope my comment in particular hasnt caused you to have to go into a warning comment. i keep getting the feeling after every post that im not following the rules somehow. i simply belive that rage mode should last jason for 10 minutes or longer and during rage mode weapons should be uneffective.thats not unrealistic.

10 minutes ago, JPops said:

people enjoy those things and it does not affect anyone else's experience in game....

Many certainly seem to enjoy them, but your claiming atmosphere and emote trolling do not affect anyone else's game experience is incorrect. The second half of your quote above is refuted by the torrent of statements from players in this thread alone about how cheapened atmosphere and emote trolling have had a negative effect on their game experience. Who are you to say "oh, no, you haven't had that experience actually!"

24 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Many certainly seem to enjoy them, but your claiming atmosphere and emote trolling do not affect anyone else's game experience is incorrect. The second half of your quote above is refuted by the torrent of statements from players in this thread alone about how cheapened atmosphere and emote trolling have had a negative effect on their game experience. Who are you to say "oh, no, you haven't had that experience actually!"

Well like I said that issue resides with the individual. It has zero bearing on gameplay and the current state of Jason. Hope that cleared up any confusion. 

3 hours ago, JPops said:

While I get most want a slaughter experience with ease because it's Jason and we'll he's a monster this is after all a game and certain things need to be considered in favor of game play since there are players on both sides. While it can be frustrating to be knocked down by a bunny who taunts you must understand that trolling is trolling.

Yeah, I get it. Though this game was marketed as the "Jason experience " , not the "counselor experience". When did this change ? Why is it easier to survive as counselor than kill as Jason? As you said, certain things need to considered in gameplay. Shouldn't those consideration aply to both Jason AND counselor? Why have the buffs and nerfs been so onesided? Why are the devs catering the counselors?

And btw. Who has been pushing for an "easy Jason experience"? Yes, buffing Jason and nerfing counselors / item spawns would make killing a little easier, but against descent players, not easy. The main point is that it would be harder for counselors to survive. THAT is too easy atm

• Like 2

Yup,I've already switched my preference to counselors.Its almost funny how bad Jason is now 20 pocket knives in game,terrible hit detection and now a useless grab 

You know ever since the game has been messed up, it's a real shame that shotguns are found mysteriously fired off and pocket knives are lost in the deep woods by accident where no-one can find them, those damn counselors are careless with their camping tools...

5 hours ago, JPops said:

To assume that costumes or emotes are items for trolls and kids is so far off the mark. Fact is people enjoy those things and it does not affect anyone else's experience in game.

Just wanted to jump in and comment on this. I'm not upset about emotes / costumes anymore, I've just come to accept it. Nothing you can do but keep up with the changes and have fun with them. But my opinion will always be the same, they are ridiculous additions to a game of this nature. That is what's way off the mark here, and it has contributed to changing the game's atmosphere.

I don't remember anyone but a small minority asking for this kind of content, and the reason most players even wanted emotes was simply for communication purposes which ironically they are not used for at all. Let's be honest, when have you ever seen players using the regular emotes to communicate? They simply weren't designed / integrated well enough for this purpose. Developer intentions aside, the result is the same - trolls and kids are the ones getting the biggest kicks out of this stuff.

Dancing is also popularly used as bait, so technically it does affect gameplay to some extent if we want to be thorough on the topic. Not something I'm interested in discussing, just thought I'd mention it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JPops said:

I do not believe that I have ever seen some so upset about emotes and costumes. To assume that costumes or emotes are items for trolls and kids is so far off the mark. Fact is people enjoy those things and it does not affect anyone else's experience in game. The problem is personal preference and that resides with you individually. Nothing anyone can do about that. While I get most want a slaughter experience with ease because it's Jason and we'll he's a monster this is after all a game and certain things need to be considered in favor of game play since there are players on both sides. While it can be frustrating to be knocked down by a bunny who taunts you must understand that trolling is trolling. There will always be a way it is done. I am sure there is not a group of trolls that sat there said oh Friday 13th the game. No thanks there are no emotes and costumes to troll. Let's be realistic trolls exist in every game where you are playing online with other players. It's an unfortunate truth in online gaming. 

No one would care about costumes and emotes if Jason was an effective killer and could punish counselors for their insolence.  In this game he is not.  Definitely not in a lobby of experienced players who all hav presets to Counselor only. 

New tactics for Jason are now “hide in the water so Jason can survive the night”, go afk in a shack, or just leave the game. 

Sure people can go 8/8 in a lobby of idiots but last night with only experienced players Jason went 1/8, 1/8, 0/8, 1/8.  

Soon F13 will stop getting new players And we will be left with only level 150s.  No one wants to be the XP piñata that is Jason in exoerienced lobbies which is why last night 6 of 8 people, all over lvl 120, were Counselor only. 

I was one of the two people willing to play Jason every other round and it was miserable. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JPops said:

While it can be frustrating to be knocked down by a bunny who taunts you

This. This is a perfect example of the kind of thing, I believe, that has ruined the experience.

The Game: Deb, who is 90 lbs soaking wet, in a bunny costume, runs circles around a spear wielding, hulking, undead Jason Voorhees, and then lays his ass out with a saucepan. She then proceeds to squat on his face. 

The Movie: Allen, a young man with a running start, bats Jason across the back of the head which causes the shovel to shatter and Jason proceeds, immediately, to turn and put his fist through Allen's chest.

There is a vast difference here and the source material has the upper hand in influencing the expectation because it's the source material!

I get, completely, the players on both sides should enjoy the experience. I absolutely believe the game should not only be about Jason. I also understand there's a difference between the fledgling, younger part 2 Jason and the beast of part 6 and the game needs to find a balance in there. But the experience of the counselors should be intense, exhilarating, terrifying. There should be a real sense of pride when escaping by the skin of their teeth or surviving a brief encounter with Jason.

It's turned in to a joke and counselors have no fear of Jason. That's what the game is missing. The problem with the emotes, dancing and costumes is that they're being used in tandem with the current state of things and it compounds the issue for a lot of people and just makes it that much more irritating. IMO.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Yeah my last game about 10 days ago was brutal. Im an average jason but god damn the last game almost had me rage quit. 3 ppl hit me 7 times in a row and stunned me every time. I woke up from the stun, wap.... stunned. I almost threw the controller. Just bring the fear of jason back to this game. Thats all i ask.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 8:41 AM, HuDawg said:

Id say calling the Game a joke now is better then calling Jason a joke.I mean..  Why are counselors able to melee attack stun Jason...  SOoooo Much?  So easily..     (Jason melee attacks a counselor and they can keep running..  Jason gets love tapped by a weak melee attack..  Falls down or stand there?)

Why so many damn pocket knives?   Why so many weapons? Why does meds sprays use happen so fast? 

You telling me getting chopped in the back twice and then using a quick med spray for a second instantly heals you?

Fact is the real joke is the camp counselors.   

I mean.. Im not even trying here and these changes i have listed would basically make this game more enjoyable for both sides.

-Jason should only be stunned for 1 second on melee hits..   Not this 5-10 second thing where he just stands there like an idiot.

-He should only fall down for gunshots.  .  (Weak ass campers just ain't that strong)

-Med sprays should take 10 seconds to use.   ( No more using med sprays in the middle of a chase like hair spray)

-100% fear should cause the counselors to drop their weapons and only Tommy should be exempt for this. ( no more Jason Bully Beat downs)

-Fuse box and cars should be a ONE time thing.  Car crashes or gets stopped (That car is done)  Phone fuse gets broken by Jason after being repaired (Its done)

- Pocket knives should actually require a button push to use.. Make it like repairs circles.   Where FEAR actually increase the speed of how fast the aimer moves.  (NO MORE insta get out of jail free bullshit)

These are absolutely ridiculous. You clearly don't give a shit about balance in the game, just what can make your time as Jason require as little effort as possible. Yes Jason could use some buffs, but going from one extreme to another is not an ideal way to fix things. 

-One second stuns? What's the fucking point even having stun in the game then?

-Actually this one is not a bad idea. 

-What's the point of having med sprays that take so long to use? If you're limping and need to heal with Jason right on your ass good luck getting away from him for long enough to heal. Health sprays become rather useless. Fun.

-Why the hell would counselors just up and drop their weapons with 100% fear? That's just stupid, if anything someone who is THAT scared would likely be gripping their weapon even tighter. 

-Just no, actually you know what? The car part isn't a completely bad idea, but one stop and the car is dead is a little much. The cars should be more prone to being destroyed from multiple crashes than it currently is. But making every possible escape a simple 1 time destroy and their gone sort of thing is just wack. Jason could easily destroy any chance of escape. But I guess that's exactly what you want. 

-If pocket knives were to require a skill check then grab kills should as well. I know I know, that defeats your whole purpose. You don't want pocket knives to be instantly used but you sure do want those instant grab kills. 

21 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Well then you have my exact opinion of counselors right now: cheap.

When shitty players are teaming up to kill Jason thinking they're hot shit because game mechanics have been changed in their favor ... it's cheap as hell.

Was in SEVERAL games where players who didn't EVEN KNOW what they were supposed to do got called into arms to beat on and kill Jason. I was set to counselor and watched as a pretty damn good Jason who managed to swat down 5 of the fuckers still ended up getting killed because of the unending supply of shit the counselors have. Stun-stun-stun-stun-hit-hit-mask off-stun-stun.

For anyone arguing that "this isn't like the movies as every one of the counselors know Jason is there" ... fine ... but prior to his arrival did they know? Because why is the place stocked like a fucking WAR ZONE?! The amount of items was fine how it was, we don't need 8 shotguns, 10 pocket knives and umpteen health sprays which just "HAPPEN" to be there AFTER these punk bitches find out about Jason.

I always used to joke how there was 2 maps and 3 walkies for every counselor in the drawers. Now it's that way for knives and guns and it's stupid as fuck.

Just stop giving this game to kids ... FFS. You are NOT supposed to win as a counselor all the time. How the fuck ANYONE can say they need MORE for a team of SEVEN against a team of ONE and actually feel justified and proud about that is beyond me. 

This right now is the equivalent of going bowling as a young child and your parents have to have them put the side rails up for you so you can knock down some pins. Everyone knows you didn't do it legit, but just like that kid bowling ... these piss poor players actually feel as if they have skill even when everyone around them knows the side rails are up to spare their feelings.

Whoa man chill, I'm not defending the current state of Jason in the game, just that the force grab was cheap af and doesn't need to make it's return. 

Got this game on week 1 of launch and thought playing counselor was the most stressful shit ever. I left for about 6 months and came back to the game and it's 1000% easier. I swear if you have the right materials and you know what you're doing, you could 1v1 a part 7 Jason for at least 10 minutes. Finding a shotgun was like getting a tape or getting your favorite gift on Christmas Day, now I have one almost every match because they spawn in at least 3 different places on each map, not including the one Tommy carries. 

14 hours ago, DasMurich said:

This. This is a perfect example of the kind of thing, I believe, that has ruined the experience.

The Game: Deb, who is 90 lbs soaking wet, in a bunny costume, runs circles around a spear wielding, hulking, undead Jason Voorhees, and then lays his ass out with a saucepan. She then proceeds to squat on his face. 

The Movie: Allen, a young man with a running start, bats Jason across the back of the head which causes the shovel to shatter and Jason proceeds, immediately, to turn and put his fist through Allen's chest.

There is a vast difference here and the source material has the upper hand in influencing the expectation because it's the source material!

I get, completely, the players on both sides should enjoy the experience. I absolutely believe the game should not only be about Jason. I also understand there's a difference between the fledgling, younger part 2 Jason and the beast of part 6 and the game needs to find a balance in there. But the experience of the counselors should be intense, exhilarating, terrifying. There should be a real sense of pride when escaping by the skin of their teeth or surviving a brief encounter with Jason.

It's turned in to a joke and counselors have no fear of Jason. That's what the game is missing. The problem with the emotes, dancing and costumes is that they're being used in tandem with the current state of things and it compounds the issue for a lot of people and just makes it that much more irritating. IMO.

Nailed it on the spot. Seriously, how can anyone sit here and actually defend this? Not only it's a joke, but they bring nothing new to the table. To top it all off, they add more color choices for a few counselors in the latest update, so they're still catering more to the portion of fans that only care about clothes, while continuing to leave the game in a complete pile of a mess. It even begs questions about the lack of other DLC content that's not delivered in a timely manner. 

Yeah I get it, things like this take time. Costumes and emotes are probably not the reason, but if you're going to make us wait, why did you have to leave the game in a state of scooby doo and the super friends as a time killer?

Jason....Jason, mommy is talking to you. You will let them counsellors beat you up and you will like it!!!!

21 hours ago, DasMurich said:

You, sir, have artfully stated the case. You do Clarence Darrow proud. I am simply hoping that Last Year becomes the one slasher survival game where the killer isn't nerfed into oblivion.

40 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

You, sir, have artfully stated the case. You do Clarence Darrow proud. I am simply hoping that Last Year becomes the one slasher survival game where the killer isn't nerfed into oblivion.

This makes me wonder if the developers tried too hard to copy DBD in order to steal it's audience away.

14 hours ago, UntilDawna said:

These are absolutely ridiculous. You clearly don't give a shit about balance in the game, just what can make your time as Jason require as little effort as possible.

You're half right..

Yes.. I DON"T give a shit about balance.  This game is not supposed to be balanced..  This ain't Counter Strike or DOTA.  This game is meant to have a OP Jason vs weak little counselors who can barely survive and escape.  

But... this has nothing to do with making "MY TIME" as simple as possible when playing Jason.. This is about making my time playing as a Counselor actually feel terrifying,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Yes.. I DON"T give a shit about balance.  This game is not supposed to be balanced..This is about making my time playing as a Counselor actually feel terrifying,

Hallelujah... someone who can steal the worďs right out of my mouth.  Like ive said... in a whole night of playing this game the real 'achievement' would be surviving 1 time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UntilDawna said:

-What's the point of having med sprays that take so long to use? If you're limping and need to heal with Jason right on your ass good luck getting away from him for long enough to heal. Health sprays become rather useless. Fun.

I can't go through everything and quote and respond because my phone sucks.(And the moderators for some reason don't like alot of replies). So il just pick this comment.

Does it make sense to be able to heal in a second while Jason is on your ass?   IMO it doesn't...  And you've basically proved my point by saying that^

Now.. it makes more sense to have to get away first.. Like jump in a cabin, lock the doors and then heal...  So it makes more sense to increase the time needed to heal.  So you don't end up with counselors just healing in mid chase.  If you're limping and Jason is on your ass.. you deserve to die.

I