"Jason is a freaking joke" runs the title . . .

His reduced abilities make him neutered, so yes, this supposedly leviathan movie character is a joke as it stands.

This is compounded by the addition of the silly DLC that people are discussing on this thread; it's as though the source material isn't being taken seriously enough. If this were a game of The Toxic Avenger, I would understand the costumes and emotes, etc, but I always thought that Friday the 13th was just a little above said movie in terms of stature.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Probably the same teenagers in the films who decide to have sex right after someone they know has been murdered.

Smh

On 12/31/2017 at 9:50 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

It angers me as I genuinely consider this an act of cultural vandalism.

Between this, Michael Bay's Transformers, and Disney's Fanfic Star Wars, it seems that cultural vandalism is this era's claim to fame...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Probably the same teenagers in the films who decide to have sex right after someone they know has been murdered.

If you pay attention, the sex usually stops once they know someone has died. Sometimes it just happens simultaneously. But I can't recall a horror movie where the characters are like "Holy shit! Becky's dead!...Let's go fuck."

Jason is a freaking joke...

Regarding this, last match I played this morning. I was not Jason, a new player was. Guy's using Part 7 and only a couple levels, probably doesn't know better but he was trying so hard to get us. I repaired the phone, called the cops, proceeded to repair the 2 seater and was then botched at by some asshole for not taking the battery ACROSS the map to the 4 seater. Because it's my job to cart items and fix stuff while Vanessa just stands around WITH KEYS. For fuck's sake.... Anyways, this Vanessa and a couple others proceeded to troll the fuck out of this new Jason by way of pocket knives, 4 shot guns, excessive weapons and I lost it. I did. The cops were there and 2 people escaped while the others stayed behind to just trash this new player. They were bitching at me for not catering to them, refused to escape, and were just trolling the new guy. The irritation boiled over and I stopped the car, turned around, and ran them all over. 

I'm sorry but I couldn't help it. Too long has Jason been a joke and too often have I watched these little cliques exploit the obscenely unbalanced power shift all just to ruin the experience of new players. 

Man, it felt good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

If you pay attention, the sex usually stops once they know someone has died. Sometimes it just happens simultaneously. But I can't recall a horror movie where the characters are like "Holy shit! Becky's dead!...Let's go fuck."

Theres a couple horror movies like that.  Hell, was watching Cabin Fever last night.

Girl actually sort of says that.  Basically saying "We are all gonna die, nothing left to do but grab the person beside you and F the Shit out off them"..  And she does.. :D

12 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Cabin Fever.

44 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Anyways, this Vanessa and a couple others proceeded to troll the fuck out of this new Jason by way of pocket knives, 4 shot guns, excessive weapons and I lost it. I did. The cops were there and 2 people escaped while the others stayed behind to just trash this new player. They were bitching at me for not catering to them, refused to escape, and were just trolling the new guy. The irritation boiled over and I stopped the car, turned around, and ran them all over.

Thank you for doing that. If team killing were still around I'd put a cap in every trolling wonder woman and dancing bunny I saw.

3 minutes ago, auticus said:

Cabin Fever.

Yeah...you guys are right.

But that's Eli Roth and he's a moron. I fully expect it from him.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Regarding this, last match I played this morning. I was not Jason, a new player was. Guy's using Part 7 and only a couple levels, probably doesn't know better but he was trying so hard to get us. I repaired the phone, called the cops, proceeded to repair the 2 seater and was then botched at by some asshole for not taking the battery ACROSS the map to the 4 seater. Because it's my job to cart items and fix stuff while Vanessa just stands around WITH KEYS. For fuck's sake.... Anyways, this Vanessa and a couple others proceeded to troll the fuck out of this new Jason by way of pocket knives, 4 shot guns, excessive weapons and I lost it. I did. The cops were there and 2 people escaped while the others stayed behind to just trash this new player. They were bitching at me for not catering to them, refused to escape, and were just trolling the new guy. The irritation boiled over and I stopped the car, turned around, and ran them all over. 

I'm sorry but I couldn't help it. Too long has Jason been a joke and too often have I watched these little cliques exploit the obscenely unbalanced power shift all just to ruin the experience of new players. 

Man, it felt good.

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Good day.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2017 at 8:59 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Im talking about balance, not glitches or bugs, in launch was perfect, grab was balanced, just think counselors are faster than you and now they can run in circles and you can't grab them, now there are tons of shotguns and pocket knifes, in launch it was very lucky find one of them and was another chance for live, same as shotguns.

The game was far from balanced at launched and it favored Jason by far.  Again, phone fuse couldn't be picked up after jason killed you,  and his grab range was way too long. 

2 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Man, it felt good.

I approve.  :hearteyestiff:

I"ve seen a few players realize the Jason is some level 10 or less player vs all lvl 90+ players. While 2 to 3 of them will be complete jerks to him taunting him, I'm seeing a few more people actual take the effort to talk to the player and try to help make him a better killing machine.  Such a better result then everyone just making fun of him until he quits, and gives up the game, and another player lost during these imbalanced times.    I"m not a supporter of team killing, but the above story does amuse me.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, Poormetheus said:

I've been lobbying for a "hardcore mode" where DLC costumes / emotes are locked out for counselors, and Jason can't shift (though he can morph) That's just the tip of the iceberg, though. The rest is on the suggestions page - check it out!

But yeah, my take on all of this? Bunny costumes and emotes are f***** ridiculous and designed for children or infantile adults.

Yeah I don't like the bunny outfit but some people do and I do like parts of the clothing packs. Hey, you've got to admit it, has anyone in the entire world complained about Tiffany's dlc bikini bottoms and about those Tiffany's wearing them? I rest my case.

3 hours ago, carnage4u said:

I"ve seen a few players realize the Jason is some level 10 or less player vs all lvl 90+ players. While 2 to 3 of them will be complete jerks to him taunting him, I'm seeing a few more people actual take the effort to talk to the player and try to help make him a better killing machine.  Such a better result then everyone just making fun of him until he quits, and gives up the game, and another player lost during these imbalanced times.    I"m not a supporter of team killing, but the above story does amuse me.

Yes I have seen this happen more commonly because it does get a little boring and completely frustrating for new players when the experienced ones all escape or taunt Jason because he/she doesn't know all the tricks or the skills. It can be unbalanced against Jason, then again you get level 100+ Mr Potato sack Jason 2 who proceeds to run and massacre a lobby of under level 20's almost instantly...

I agree that Jason does feel a lot 'weaker' than he used to, just by playing as a counselor lately I have noticed that I survive almost every match and barely even see him these days. When playing as Jason lately nothing annoys me more than people jogging ahead of you, stopping until you get close and then jogging again - forever kiting and staying just-just out of grab's reach. Jason from the movies would never allow this. 

I feel Jason needs one additional kill/ability. Yes, Jason has a machete and he is a melee killer - but that has not stopped him from taking people out at range in the movies. From shooting someone with an arrow to throwing an axe across a yard and into the back of someone's head and everything in between, he is capable of this too. The idea with this new skill would be to punish those that run straight ahead of you in wide-open spaces . . . 'trolling'. When someone does this, you should be able to pause, take a second or two for the power to wind up and then throw your weapon (Axe/Machete/Spear etc) into them - killing them. Then you have to walk back up to them to get your weapon back. While the skill winds up, the counselors have but a second or two to dodge out of the way to get behind a tree or a boulder or a wall or something. Counselors should not feel entitled to be able to kite you and tease you instead of fearing for their lives and running away from you. I feel that this new ranged skill would encourage players to rather stick to dense areas with lots of hiding spaces and obstacles to stand between Jason and them - as it should be. 

Another new environment kill that would be quite nice (don't know if it exists, but I haven't seen any evidence of it) is if a counselor runs through the Archery range,  you get to press the environment kill button to pick up a bow/crossbow and to kill them with an arrow while they run away. Yes, Jason is very punishing in close quarters and buildings (save for the endless supply of pocket knives these days), but he should also feel menacing outdoors - when you are freely taking a happy jog out in the open with a serial killer behind you and no worry in the world. You should be fleeing, looking for a tree to get between you and him so you can try and lose him as soon as possible. 

Also, reduce the amount of pocket knives down to 4 per map, so it becomes a strategic choice to either save it for Jason or to disarm a trap with it. Each match I easily get 2 or 3 and they are basically get out of jail free cards at this point, and everyone has them. 

Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts on having a new skill for Jason where he gets to punish people who run out in the open or keep to a straight line to kite him instead of hiding and running for their lives. 

13 minutes ago, Winchester1306 said:

I agree that Jason does feel a lot 'weaker' than he used to, just by playing as a counselor lately I have noticed that I survive almost every match and barely even see him these days. When playing as Jason lately nothing annoys me more than people jogging ahead of you, stopping until you get close and then jogging again - forever kiting and staying just-just out of grab's reach. Jason from the movies would never allow this. 

I feel Jason needs one additional kill/ability. Yes, Jason has a machete and he is a melee killer - but that has not stopped him from taking people out at range in the movies. From shooting someone with an arrow to throwing an axe across a yard and into the back of someone's head and everything in between, he is capable of this too. The idea with this new skill would be to punish those that run straight ahead of you in wide-open spaces . . . 'trolling'. When someone does this, you should be able to pause, take a second or two for the power to wind up and then throw your weapon (Axe/Machete/Spear etc) into them - killing them. Then you have to walk back up to them to get your weapon back. While the skill winds up, the counselors have but a second or two to dodge out of the way to get behind a tree or a boulder or a wall or something. Counselors should not feel entitled to be able to kite you and tease you instead of fearing for their lives and running away from you. I feel that this new ranged skill would encourage players to rather stick to dense areas with lots of hiding spaces and obstacles to stand between Jason and them - as it should be. 

Another new environment kill that would be quite nice (don't know if it exists, but I haven't seen any evidence of it) is if a counselor runs through the Archery range,  you get to press the environment kill button to pick up a bow/crossbow and to kill them with an arrow while they run away. Yes, Jason is very punishing in close quarters and buildings (save for the endless supply of pocket knives these days), but he should also feel menacing outdoors - when you are freely taking a happy jog out in the open with a serial killer behind you and no worry in the world. You should be fleeing, looking for a tree to get between you and him so you can try and lose him as soon as possible. 

Also, reduce the amount of pocket knives down to 4 per map, so it becomes a strategic choice to either save it for Jason or to disarm a trap with it. Each match I easily get 2 or 3 and they are basically get out of jail free cards at this point, and everyone has them. 

Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts on having a new skill for Jason where he gets to punish people who run out in the open or keep to a straight line to kite him instead of hiding and running for their lives. 

Jason already has this ability and it’s called throwing knives. If a counselor wants to run a straight line directly in front of you they get a knife in the back. If said counselor is smart enough to watch their back and evade each toss Jason has other abilities to counter this. Also if Jason could throw his weapon would wouldbhappen if he misses? How far would it go and than how long would it take to retrieve. If the weapon could be thrown as you described I can only imagine counselor’s dodging it to exploit the fact that Jason is now unarmed for x amount of time. 

Im not opposed to the idea of Jason being able to throw his main weapon or utilize something like a speargun (Part 3) but I don’t have any input as to how that could or should be implemented. The bow and arrow was Pamela in the first film if I’m not mistaken but I wouldn’t say no to that either unless other find it to be off the beaten path. 

Im sure the pocket knives and shotgun issues of late will be remedied in an upcoming patch; however, other fixes/improvements are needed as well.

6 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Jason already has this ability and it’s called throwing knives. If a counselor wants to run a straight line directly in front of you they get a knife in the back. If said counselor is smart enough to watch their back and evade each toss Jason has other abilities to counter this. Also if Jason could throw his weapon would wouldbhappen if he misses? How far would it go and than how long would it take to retrieve. If the weapon could be thrown as you described I can only imagine counselor’s dodging it to exploit the fact that Jason is now unarmed for x amount of time. 

Im not opposed to the idea of Jason being able to throw his main weapon or utilize something like a speargun (Part 3) but I don’t have any input as to how that could or should be implemented. The bow and arrow was Pamela in the first film if I’m not mistaken but I wouldn’t say no to that either unless other find it to be off the beaten path. 

Im sure the pocket knives and shotgun issues of late will be remedied in an upcoming patch; however, other fixes/improvements are needed as well.

Mmmmm yes, I forgot about the throwing knives. Apologies for that - but even with them, they do not pack as much of a punch with the abundance of med-sprays around as well. But you are correct they are around and available for use. 

Just think a gruesome kill of lodging your axe in the back of someone's skull as they run towards the police would be pretty awesome to see, or of throwing your spear and impaling them. As for being without a weapon for X amount of time, if a counselor comes to close to you and tries to hurt you and you do manage to grab them, you should still be able to perform your non-weapon kills like smashing their head in or breaking their back etc. 

I wouldn't be opposed to an "auto-grab" feature for Jason.  

Once per match, you could use a guaranteed shift-grab that would target the nearest counselor.  Still susceptible to pocket knives and escapes,  but a guaranteed grab would be a nice tweak.  

There'd be a whole strategy involved: do you use it early on a Vanessa/Chad?  Auto-grab Tommy Jarvis after he uses his pre-loaded pocket knife?  Save it for the last counselor?

Id say calling the Game a joke now is better then calling Jason a joke.I mean..  Why are counselors able to melee attack stun Jason...  SOoooo Much?  So easily..     (Jason melee attacks a counselor and they can keep running..  Jason gets love tapped by a weak melee attack..  Falls down or stand there?)

Why so many damn pocket knives?   Why so many weapons? Why does meds sprays use happen so fast? 

You telling me getting chopped in the back twice and then using a quick med spray for a second instantly heals you?

Fact is the real joke is the camp counselors.   

I mean.. Im not even trying here and these changes i have listed would basically make this game more enjoyable for both sides.

-Jason should only be stunned for 1 second on melee hits..   Not this 5-10 second thing where he just stands there like an idiot.

-He should only fall down for gunshots.  .  (Weak ass campers just ain't that strong)

-Med sprays should take 10 seconds to use.   ( No more using med sprays in the middle of a chase like hair spray)

-100% fear should cause the counselors to drop their weapons and only Tommy should be exempt for this. ( no more Jason Bully Beat downs)

-Fuse box and cars should be a ONE time thing.  Car crashes or gets stopped (That car is done)  Phone fuse gets broken by Jason after being repaired (Its done)

- Pocket knives should actually require a button push to use.. Make it like repairs circles.   Where FEAR actually increase the speed of how fast the aimer moves.  (NO MORE insta get out of jail free bullshit)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Id say calling the Game a joke now is better then calling Jason a joke.I mean..  Why are counselors able to melee attack stun Jason...  SOoooo Much?  So easily..     (Jason melee attacks a counselor and they can keep running..  Jason gets love tapped by a weak melee attack..  Falls down or stand there?)

Why so many damn pocket knives?   Why so many weapons? Why does meds sprays use happen so fast? 

You telling me getting chopped in the back twice and then using a quick med spray for a second instantly heals you?

Fact is the real joke is the camp counselors.   

I mean.. Im not even trying here and these changes i have listed would basically make this game more enjoyable for both sides.

-Jason should only be stunned for 1 second on melee hits..   Not this 5-10 second thing where he just stands there like an idiot.

-He should only fall down for gunshots.  .  (Weak ass campers just ain't that strong)

-Med sprays should take 10 seconds to use.   ( No more using med sprays in the middle of a chase like hair spray)

-100% fear should cause the counselors to drop their weapons and only Tommy should be exempt for this. ( no more Jason Bully Beat downs)

-Fuse box and cars should be a ONE time thing.  Car crashes or gets stopped (That car is done)  Phone fuse gets broken by Jason after being repaired (Its done)

- Pocket knives should actually require a button push to use.. Make it like repairs circles.   Where FEAR actually increase the speed of how fast the aimer moves.  (NO MORE insta get out of jail free bullshit)

^ This. So much this! 

I like the idea of a med-spray taking considerably longer to use. Since opening up a door takes a long time as Jason, only fair that some of the counselor actions take some time too. Also, it should make a relatively loud noise when being used, so if Jason is in the proximity the counselor will flare up for a second or two as though his sense was active and he would hear them using a med-spray. 

Also I love the idea of the pocket-knife having the same circle as the repair one. Where they have to get skill checks right to escape instead of just instantly getting away. If they press all 3 or 5 skill checks correctly, good for them - they deserve to live another minute. If not - you dead. 

4 minutes ago, Winchester1306 said:

^

Also I love the idea of the pocket-knife having the same circle as the repair one. Where they have to get skill checks right to escape instead of just instantly getting away. If they press all 3 or 5 skill checks correctly, good for them - they deserve to live another minute. If not - you dead. 

I was thinking just one wheel with one check.  And how fast the wheel marker goes is based of fear level.

So..  if Jason grabs you and you're still slightly composed the wheel marker goes slower and the check marker is big and is easy to hit the check.   But if you're really scared the wheel marker goes really fast and the check marker is small.    (With the check marker being in a random spot everytime so no one can get the timing down easy)

Id say one wheel check would make more sense and is less time consuming.. It would basically between  0.5-1 second type of mini game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

I was thinking just one wheel with one check.  And how fast the wheel marker goes is based of fear level.

So..  if Jason grabs you and you're still slightly composed the wheel marker goes slower and is easy to hit the check.   But if you're really scared the wheel marker goes really fast.

Id say one wheel check would make more sense and is less time consuming.. It would basically between  0.5-1 second type of mini game.

Ah yes, that makes sense. Would still be better than getting insta-stabbed and stunned. Would also be a nice animation to show that if they fail they check how they try to raise their hand but because it is trembling so bad from fear it just falls out of their hands and then Jason kills them. 

• Like 1

There is a massive shift in how Jason has to be played.  Grab and smash tactics are admittedly more difficult to pull off with the player base having enough experience to know how to more quickly acquire pocketknives.  The use of Stalk and weapon attacks are becoming more and more important.  You may have to deal with crybaby players screaming "HE'S SLASHING!  HOW CHEAP!".  Fact is, slashing is a legitimate tactic when you don't feel like burning time recovering from a pocketknife.  

To effectively play Jason, you can't lean on a single strategy and think it's going to take you very far.  If you want easymode, then play the bots offline.  The game has now been around to have a strong PvP acquainted playerbase, and for new players, it's going to be rough.  However, given enough time and positive encouragement, they will learn the ropes and become strong players.

• Like 1

I've been playing the game for a little over a week and I don't have any issues with the Jason game play (aside from bugs in the game itself). I don't mid the amount of pocketknives in the game Jason getting stunned or knocked down from weapons. He has abilities to make up for all that. Giving the counselors the ability to buy time space and time from Jason makes it more interesting and difficult for me. I've only played one or two matches where Jason completely failed (but I chalk that up to user error). I'm all for tweaks being made if it improves the game play experience for the masses, but I don't think anything is in desperate need of changing.