23 minutes ago, doitagain said:

The amount of pocketknives is a HUGE issue. I find 3-4 knives per match lately it’s so bad. Jason’s grab is one of his main ways of killing people but lately you have to rely on slashing which isn’t very hard to avoid as well. Balance keeps getting more and more ruined every patch that the next update has to address this.

The point I am trying to convey is that if Jason would be able to reliably grab a counselor standing next to him the knives would get eatin’ Up rather quick.

As it stands right now, any grabs and melee swings seem to have about a 50/50 chance of connecting. The knives are an issue at the current state, because the Vanessa’s and Bugsy’s are already difficult to catch and now it is much more difficult.

Fix the bugs and this might even itself out. Maybe both sides will be happy them.

Like I said previously, this is just my opion. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2017 at 12:34 PM, Dolemite said:

Hi guys...back after a brief, well-deserved banning.  :)

I've been adjusting to Jason's nerfs, but the devs do need to fine-tune his shit to make him a legit threat once again. The grab needs to be extended and widened a little, and the effective radius of the traps needs to be larger (and they need to hold counselors a wee bit longer). Oh, and the hit detection of Jason's weapons needs to be buffed slightly. If you make those little adjustments, Jason will be a tough but fair for once again.

Oh, and get rid of the extra shotguns/med sprays/pocket knives. Either that, or have Jason start out with a dozen knives and increase the number that can be found on the map itself.

Not gonna lie. That first line had me in stitches.

The game is completely ruined.

Every single person I know has given up on it for good. They'd not been enjoying the game for months, but the downward trajectory with every patch is now clear. It's never getting any better - only worse.

The increase in items shows they're either hopelessly out of touch, or they know exactly what they're doing, and have simply cynically abandoned their backers and the franchise fans as their primary audience for shitty kids. Either way, It's done.

It's a tragedy, as they took a great game that was faithful to the franchise, and funded by fans who'd been waiting for something like this their entire lives, and turned it into a digital playground for toxic players - idiots, trolls, and young children.

It angers me as I genuinely consider this an act of cultural vandalism. They did a bait and switch, and took the Friday the 13th game we'd all been waiting for, and slowly morphed it into the shitty Summer Camp Vol 1. ripoff they wanted to make all along.

The game's been out for 7 months, and just keeps getting worse from a gameplay and technical standpoint, which is just incredible when you think about it. It's actually shameful.

There's so many better things to be doing in 2018 than giving these undeserving clowns any more of your time, money, or attention.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

I just had a thought regarding Jason being attacked by a mob of counsellors and what could be done for Jason to have a defence. If he gets stunned multiple times, or also if there are numerous counsellors in a certain radius, he should go into a temporary rage where if he grabs a councillor, no attacks on him will stun him or make him stop the kill. Maybe that's when his grab radius is also increased like before, so it's suddenly easier for him to just grab one of them and kill. Just imagine if this mob ever happened in the movie. Jason would go nuts. He needs to have some kind of secondary rage mode that deals with this. 

On 31/12/2017 at 9:50 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

The game's been out for 7 months, and just keeps getting worse from a gameplay and technical standpoint, which is just incredible when you think about it. It's actually shameful.

This is what raises the biggest red flag for me...Servers are worse, glitches are worse, gameplay balance is worse.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in patches going forward.

• Thanks 1

The gameplay felt smoother during Beta, despite all the problems back then too.

I feel like they removed some counselor animations between then and launch too.

I remember one side to side running animation that made a lot of sense and actually looked good.

Offline bots has been my bread and butter and while Virtual Cabin can be immersive and atmospheric. Its quite clear a first person singleplayer mode would be a great idea instead of a long trivia game, least as the counselor side of things go. Fact is, I wouldn't mind if they changed counselor to first person all together and kept Jason in 3rd person. Would bring an entirely new gameplay element to an otherwise stale affair. I think of how Jason grabs you out of nowhere in that wooded area in Virtual Cabin. It would add a lot more. Counselors wouldn't know if Jason is throwing knives at them unless they stopped to turn around and look, etc.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2017 at 6:50 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

The game is completely ruined.

Every single person I know has given up on it for good. They'd not been enjoying the game for months, but the downward trajectory with every patch is now clear. It's never getting any better - only worse.

The increase in items shows they're either hopelessly out of touch, or they know exactly what they're doing, and have simply cynically abandoned their backers and the franchise fans as their primary audience for shitty kids. Either way, It's done.

It's a tragedy, as they took a great game that was faithful to the franchise, and funded by fans who'd been waiting for something like this their entire lives, and turned it into a digital playground for toxic players - idiots, trolls, and young children.

It angers me as I genuinely consider this an act of cultural vandalism. They did a bait and switch, and took the Friday the 13th game we'd all been waiting for, and slowly morphed it into the shitty Summer Camp Vol 1. ripoff they wanted to make all along.

There's so many better things to be doing in 2018 than giving these undeserving clowns any more of your time, money, or attention.

This man speaks the truth.  When they decided to go the costumes and emotes route, it should have been a clear indication at the future direction of this game.  Its been losing its survival horror feel for a while to what we have.  It isn't even scary or thrilling to be hunted by Jason anymore.  If anything it's more comical watching Jason's run away from counselors.  Never would I have thought that would happen and pretty sure Paramount(I believe they own the license) would be disappointed at the current image Jason/this game has.  

Jason is extremely underpowered despite the community saying he needs to be buffed up for the last few patches.  Costumes and emotes arrived again despite a majority of the community not wanting them.  We still haven't received dedicated servers yet again despite the community as a whole asking for them since release.  It's just been a downward spiral of ignoring everything the community has asked for and wanted on top of bug filled patches and major balance issues.  

I have hope things can still be turned around with Shifty now actively engaging the community and not severely ignoring us(which for me is the biggest reason why the game is in its current state) like we once were but honestly, is it too late?

• Like 1

It's been a while since I played online,  but after a few games yesterday this seems to be accurate to how unbalanced the game is. 

6YoCOOC.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

is extremely underpowered despite the community saying he needs to be buffed up for the last few patches.  Costumes and emotes arrived again despite a majority of the community not wanting them.  ?

Slow down man.

Most of us may want Jason Buffed.    But Most us also want more costumes and emotes too.   Emotes and costumes are not game changing at all.  

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Slow down man.

Most of us may want Jason Buffed.    But Most us also want more costumes and emotes too.   Emotes and costumes are not game changing at all.

They're a little game changing. They increase the troll factor, ten fold.

Game was better off without them.

I'm all for more clothing options. Especially stuff that makes sense for the game (can't believe we've gotten the bullshit we have, and still no sign of the iconic Crystal Lake counselor t-shirts). But Halloween costumes should have been seasonal and free. It's downright stupid to see Wonder Woman and bunnies running around at this point. I've even suggested removing them from the game and giving us something else instead (a free Kill Pack, for example).

I guess some people enjoy the silly outfits. But I think most people are over them by now.

Dancing is also literally useless, other than for trolling. It's the only purpose it serves. Basic communicative emotes were fine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Slow down man.

Reddit. Twitter, and FB users disagree with you. 

Costumes and emotes are indeed gameplay changing.  It actively promotes a certain type of player base which doesn't align with the survival horror genre this game originally catered to which was needed to drum up funding for the game to be made.  Immersion and atmosphere are equally important as any gameplay mechanic in a survival horror game.  Costumes and emotes go against that.  

I don't mind more counselor clothing because that fits the game and genre but more costumes and emotes should not be added.  

• Like 2

Just now, AldermachXI said:

They're a little game changing. They increase the troll factor, ten fold.

Game was better off without them.

I disagree mainly because getting trolled by costumes and emotes is a mental thing.   Counselors can still T bag..    If T bags annoy people..   Then its because they let it annoy them.  Same as emotes.

Fact is.. There would be less trolling if Jason was more OP.  With the grab nerf and tons of pocket knives coupled with melee attacks easily stunning Jason.  This leads to players being able to use emotes to troll Jason.   If emotes where not there.. It would be all T Bags.

If Jason was more powerful with less Pocket knives around.. Players would less time 'trolling' Jason.    Because really..  Emotes or T Bags is actually players STANDING in one spot.  

2 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Reddit. Twitter, and FB users disagree with you. 

LOL!    As if they ever represent the majority of what people think when it comes to this game.

I don't post on Twitter, Reddit or Facebook when it comes to Friday the 13th.  So you're point is null when it applies to me.  My advice is, people who cry about emotes and costumes need to STFU.  And thats me being nice about it...lol

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It's downright stupid to see bunnies running around at this point.

Ok then.,. Next time you see a Bunny think of this

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

LOL!    As if they ever represent the majority of what people think when it comes to this game.

I don't post on Twitter, Reddit or Facebook when it comes to Friday the 13th.  So you're point is null when it applies to me.  My advice is, people who cry about emotes and costumes need to STFU.  And thats me being nice about it...lol

Sounds like your typical dude from Welland...Do you, buddy. Do you.

• Like 2

And the crying continues... 

I notice that it's always the same 4 or 5 crybabies too. If the game were actually "ruined", as you little tots constantly claim, there would be many more people saying so besides the same handful of whiny, entitled brats. 

And don't try that "Facebook, Reddit and Twitter" BS because it's always the same 4 or 5 crybabies on there too. The rest of us are too busy enjoying the game to throw temper tantrums about Halloween costumes and "muh precious atmosphere!", lmao.

You are in the minority. The game is not ruined. I've been playing online all morning. Stfu.

• Like 2

People constantly talk about how they want more realism in this game but they want a 5 foot bullshit mid-air grab to come back to Jason. Yes very realistic.

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Right so because it doesn't apply to you then it doesn't exist and their opinions are null and void?  Right.  Glad to see ignorance and being short sighted is still thriving today.  

They represent an active part of the community.  They are the ones who will keep playing this game more than the casual player.  Their opinions will always and should always weigh heavily with the developers because they will be more vocal about it.  It's hard to gauge the casual player because they are just that casual.  They play every so often which often times they move on to the next best game.  

Obviously you have no comprehension of what survival horror really is nor does it seem like you are mature enough to talk about it so I am done discussing it with you.  Again, this is the type of player they are catering to with costume and emotes.  You are just further proving my point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Right so because it doesn't apply to you then it doesn't exist and their opinions are null and void?  Right. 

YUP!

3 minutes ago, Brevator said:

I notice that it's always the same 4 or 5 crybabies too. If the game were actually "ruined", as you little tots constantly claim, there would be many more people saying so besides the same handful of whiny, entitled brats. 

And don't try that "Facebook, Reddit and Twitter" BS because it's always the same 4 or 5 crybabies on there too. The rest of us are too busy enjoying the game to throw temper tantrums about Halloween costumes and "muh precious atmosphere!", lmao.

You are in the minority. The game is not ruined. I've been playing online all morning. Stfu.

Once again another person who proves my point on the type of player costumes and emotes brings about.  Childish and brash people who can't seem to discuss issues like normal people with out having to throw a tantrum when expressing themselves.  Please keep it coming.  You are really representing my point extrenely well.  :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

People constantly talk about how they want more realism in this game but they want a 5 foot bullshit mid-air grab to come back to Jason. Yes very realistic.

IM 6 feet tall and can easily grab someone at 5 foot range.  Just lean forward and stick my arms out.

Just sayin.. The animation is wrong.. Not the grab range.

2 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Once again another person who proves my point on the type of player costumes and emotes brings about.  Childish and brash people who can't seem to discuss issues like normal people with out having to throw a tantrum when expressing themselves.  Please keep it coming.  You are really representing my point extrenely well.  :lol:

Nice projector you got there. 

7 minutes ago, Brevator said:

lmao...Same 4 or 5 crybabies echoing the same shit across all social media outlets. Right. It's not hundreds (if not thousands) of people who see similar things as problematic...No Sir!

Game is far from fine. You're a simpleton if you think it is. You're easily impressed. It's ok. No one will hold it against you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

The length of "Force Grab" should not come back but the grab range does need to be fixed.  People should be scared to get near Jason without the sweater or having a PK.  The length was ridiculous originally but what we have now is equally ridiculous just on the opposite end.  We should have something similar to the "Force Grab" but just not as long as it was but close.  A slight tweak in range was all that was needed.