Good Jasons are never a joke, or a force. They might lose on rare occassion, bjt that does not make them a farce. Bad Jasons may be a joke, but that is entirely different.

The problem here is that the influx of items has made it too difficult for average Jasons. However, almost every average or poor Jason I see losing, I notice tons of things they could be doing differently to kill players so I dont blame the devs too much. Plenty of Jasons are awful at shifting (not even shift grab, just shifting), dont know when it is better to swing or grab, dont check up on objectives, and either give up on a counsellor far too easily or tunnel a counsellor way to long. Jason needs tp use his abilities to actually hunt players. If he does that he will still slaughter most players most of the time. Expecting to never stalk, barely use shift, and just run around the map killing players doesnt work, nor should it.

Thr truth lies in the middle. Jason needs a buff to counter all the items, but he does not need massive buffs. People also need to play jason smart

• Like 3

Tried some multiplayer today with my preference set back to Jason for the first time. Third match I got selected. First one ended with 1/7, seconded with 2/8. Mine was 1/5 with one counselor rage quitting.

Only one match ended above 50% kill rate - a Part 8 went 6/7.

All matches were on quick play.

Needless to say, I am setting my preference back to counselor and using offline to get my Jason fix. 

I am still an avid supporter, but playing as Jason is way too frustrating. While I disagree with the hate/anti-developer threads, I do understand why the Jason mains are not happy.

• Like 2

I do notice a change.  People used to immediately quit matches if they weren’t Jason and now it seems like a lot of people quit immediately if they ARE Jason.  =\

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Good Jasons are never a joke, or a force. They might lose on rare occassion, bjt that does not make them a farce. Bad Jasons may be a joke, but that is entirely different.

The problem here is that the influx of items has made it too difficult for average Jasons. However, almost every average or poor Jason I see losing, I notice tons of things they could be doing differently to kill players so I dont blame the devs too much. Plenty of Jasons are awful at shifting (not even shift grab, just shifting), dont know when it is better to swing or grab, dont check up on objectives, and either give up on a counsellor far too easily or tunnel a counsellor way to long. Jason needs tp use his abilities to actually hunt players. If he does that he will still slaughter most players most of the time. Expecting to never stalk, barely use shift, and just run around the map killing players doesnt work, nor should it.

Thr truth lies in the middle. Jason needs a buff to counter all the items, but he does not need massive buffs. People also need to play jason smart

Even with so-called “good Jason players” he’s still pathetic. Just join a lobby with any experienced group with mics and Jasons gonna get an ass whooping. As many others have mentioned, playing Jason shouldn’t be as frustrating as it is. His controls have been horrible since launch and it just took the grab change for everyone to notice how clunky he really is.

1 hour ago, daughterofolaf said:

I do notice a change.  People used to immediately quit matches if they weren’t Jason and now it seems like a lot of people quit immediately if they ARE Jason.  =\

Yep, now everyone wanna kick Jason his ass.

6 hours ago, Grape said:

a Part 8 went 6/7.

Cause he's the best. Same thing for me tonight. Easy round after easy round until someone was :JasonPt8: and cleared the lobby.

He's New York Jason and New Yorkers take shit from nobody!!!

18 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Er... No. Jasons grab was sometimes across a room (albeit a smallish one). I mean sure, I see what you mean about the animation, but the point is even giving him that ability was just bizarre in how it worked with gameplay. People play based on what they see, so if they see Jason lift his arm and someone get pulled into it... It sure doesnt look like he should be able to do that based on gameplay.

The difference of exaggerration is massive. .

It really was only about 5-6 feet for the old grab radius.  It was never 10 feet...  But the problem was never the grab radius but the weak looking grab animation.

So..  when the grab was nerfed in order to match that animation.... Jason started to become less of a threat.  Toss in the extra pocket knives and constant melee stuns and the game starts to become frustrating for Jason.. Especially in matches with a lobby filled with good counsellors and friends.

If this is the Grab that Jason will be stuck with.. with all those knives and stuns.  Tnen maybe its time for a different approach to buffing Jason back to dangerous levels.

My opinion.

Give Jason All his skills right off the bat.  Give him shift, sense, stalk and morph.. Right at the start.  And give Jasons different buffs in RAGE at the 3 five min intervals.

5 mins in..  Rage Jasons run/walk speed is increased by 10%.   (Can't grab far, well this would close that gap.)

10 mins in.  Jason can now Rage smash through doors and his abilities re-charge 20% faster.  

15 mins in.  Jason is now immune to pocket knives, flares, fire crackers and melee stuns.  Only gun shots and Mommas sweater can stop him. And can sense everyones.  This would give an OP boost for the last 5 mins.

Also give cars a fuel timer and ONE smash and the vehicles done..  

• Like 2

I wouldn't go as far as to calling Jason pathetic. Though he is definately not a real menace. As counselor I survive about 9 times out of 10, depending on who I'm playing with. It is getting kind of boring though. Too many shotguns and pocket knives, ring around the rosie and jumping in and out of windows... It's pretty easy. Therefore recently I've started taking huge risks in my own gameplay just to entise some difficulty and excitement. Don't even care if I get killed or not..

As Jason I get a 5/8-8/8 depending on my opposition. Experienced counselors do have the upper hand and I can't get all of them without a shitload of luck, or if they don't fuckup.

It would be really easy to make Jason abit more menacing. Just a few corrections:

- Cut down on the knives and shotguns

- Make it harder for counselors to stun Jason. It's too damn easy at the moment.

- Stamina regen needs to be slowed down. Ring around the rosie with seasoned counselors..

- Widen Jason's hit- and grab range

That's all it takes. Simple things. Yeah, a few counselor mains will cry out but wasn't the games whole idea to have a Jason experience? Is the counselor experience truely so great that it should be buffed up all the time? I personally play for Jason, the counselor experience is tolerable with the expectation of playing Jason soon. Is the developers current idea for the game to get a bunch if whinney assholes that main counselor, and to kill of the playerbase that are expecting a fun time as Jason (as was the whole point of this game)?

Should the synopsis of the game be changed? Don't market the game as "you get to be Jason and kill counselors", market it realisticly, as the game you've turned it into: "Now you have the chance to kill and/or humiliate Jason"

Should the synopsis for Jason mains be: "You are alone.. a lonely retard living in the woods with the head of your loving mother. But now your equilibrium is broken, for they are back! The evil counselors who picked on you when you were a child.. They are here to finish you off; beat you up, teabag your corpse, mock you and finaly kill you! You must defend your home and try to get the evil counselors before they get YOU!"

And for those of who are crying after realism: How many swings by an axe do you think you could handle without limping? Wanna try?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And one more thing damnit. Jason's "vadergrab" was never as large as many point it out to be. Yes, sometimes the length was pretty over the top, but this wasn't an issue with every grab every time. Get real people. Or is someone saying that they got the so called vadergrab everytime they tried it? Bullshit!

• Like 2

Just my opinion - the Devs should address the bugs before any balance changes are made. The pocket knives might not really be an issue if Jason’s bugs were worked out.

I'm here to lobby for an Movie Mode where Jason has neither morph nor shift, but is virtually unstoppable / unstunnable.

Counselors have much less stamina / strength, with no combat stance, and Jason's mere presence f***s with them.

Jason can toss furniture in a room to get at / inflict damage on counselors.

20 minutes ago, Poormetheus said:

I'm here to lobby for an Movie Mode where Jason has neither morph nor shift, but is virtually unstoppable / unstunnable.

Counselors have much less stamina / strength, with no combat stance, and Jason's mere presence f***s with them.

Jason can toss furniture in a room to get at / inflict damage on counselors.

Yeah, try to speedwalk around the map and kill everyone in 20 minutes. If you catch me, I'll buy you a beer... And dont even get me started on the car/boat-issue...

On 12/26/2017 at 12:51 AM, TiffanyIsBae said:

Who even misses force grab? Oh right! Jason mains. He does need a buff, but don't forget how useless combat was because Jasons range was so long that he grabbed you mid dash. Messing with the car was unnecessary.

What people like you don’t understand is that these are camp counselors not marines ,  combat shouldn’t be in the game... have you ever seen a Friday movie? I’m finding way to many people who know nothing about the films playing, and those are the ones who think everything is fine and dandy, Jason is a joke, I was in a lobby where Jason was killed 4 times in a row.. all high level people including myself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

What people like you don’t understand is that these are camp counselors not marines ,  combat shouldn’t be in the game... have you ever seen a Friday movie? I’m finding way to many people who know nothing about the films playing, and those are the ones who think everything is fine and dandy, Jason is a joke, I was in a lobby where Jason was killed 4 times in a row.. all high level people including myself.

I'm aware of Jason being OP in the movies, I’ve seen them. You were ok with force grabs? I don’t remember seeing Jason grabbing someone across the room, if so which movie?

5 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I'm aware of Jason being OP in the movies, I’ve seen them. You were ok with force grabs? I don’t remember seeing Jason grabbing someone across the room, if so which movie?

You can't compare the movies to games.. Movies where scripted..  to have people DIE.  But if Jason wanted to grab someone at 6 feet.. he could .. i dunno.. LEAN  FORWARD and stick his arm out.. and GRAB SOMEONE.  Like anyone that size could.

Now if the movies where anything like the game is currently.. Now one would have watched.  

Hey.. Anyone want to watch Jason NOT kill anyone while the camp kiddies keep knocking him out and stabbing his neck with pocket knives while cracking jokes and mocking him?  I know i don't..

I know I'm screaming from the mountain tops here, but...Slash as Jason. That's all you gotta do. Jason becomes a lot less of a joke if you use Jasons Part 2, 3, 4 (proper melee motion + can run) and just slash them to death. Pocket knives become near useless to the counselors, and counselors tend to run from a slasher Jason, rather than attempt to gang up on them.

It's priceless to watch a counselor try to run up and stun you, only to get slashed twice and go into a limping state. Then they try to hobble away. It's great.

Jason is a joke if you don't learn how to adapt. So just adapt. Slash. It'll change the Jason game for you.

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I know I'm screaming from the mountain tops here, but...Slash as Jason. That's all you gotta do. Jason becomes a lot less of a joke if you use Jasons Part 2, 3, 4 (proper melee motion + can run) and just slash them to death. Pocket knives become near useless to the counselors, and counselors tend to run from a slasher Jason, rather than attempt to gang up on them.

It's priceless to watch a counselor try to run up and stun you, only to get slashed twice and go into a limping state. Then they try to hobble away. It's great.

Jason is a joke if you don't learn how to adapt. So just adapt. Slash. It'll change the Jason game for you.

It's pretty much all you can do now and have to do as Jason now.  The bots even caught on and I am getting pocket knifed into oblivion by them to! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

It's pretty much all you can do now and have to do as Jason now.  The bots even caught on and I am getting pocket knifed into oblivion by them to! :lol:

Counselors better learn how to combat stance and block if they want to survive now. Because Jason has been put into a position where slashing is his best bet.

2 hours ago, Grape said:

Just my opinion - the Devs should address the bugs before any balance changes are made. The pocket knives might not really be an issue if Jason’s bugs were worked out.

The amount of pocketknives is a HUGE issue. I find 3-4 knives per match lately it’s so bad. Jason’s grab is one of his main ways of killing people but lately you have to rely on slashing which isn’t very hard to avoid as well. Balance keeps getting more and more ruined every patch that the next update has to address this.

11 hours ago, doitagain said:

Even with so-called “good Jason players” he’s still pathetic. Just join a lobby with any experienced group with mics and Jasons gonna get an ass whooping. As many others have mentioned, playing Jason shouldn’t be as frustrating as it is. His controls have been horrible since launch and it just took the grab change for everyone to notice how clunky he really is.

I must just be the luckiest Jason ever then, because I play in good groups with mics often and still usually kill most or all of them. I dont find his controls that clunky, R1 and choose your ability... And you're off to the kill races. Its the mental side of playing Jason thatbis harder, but if Jason thinks like he is hunting it makes playing him easier and more fun.

All I do differently to kill someone with the new grab is get closer to them. Shift is great for this, as are throwing knives, and stalk. The most important thing ks not to hit grab too early and to be patient. Hitting grab too early or rushing a kill just gives a counsellor more distance. I will say that if Jason is poor at knives, shift, or stalk a match will be MUCH harder for him. I dont find Jason too hard to play as, but I do notice that the game is very unforgiving to Jason. 

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

It really was only about 5-6 feet for the old grab radius.  It was never 10 feet...  But the problem was never the grab radius but the weak looking grab animation.

So..  when the grab was nerfed in order to match that animation.... Jason started to become less of a threat.  Toss in the extra pocket knives and constant melee stuns and the game starts to become frustrating for Jason.. Especially in matches with a lobby filled with good counsellors and friends.

If this is the Grab that Jason will be stuck with.. with all those knives and stuns.  Tnen maybe its time for a different approach to buffing Jason back to dangerous levels.

My opinion.

Give Jason All his skills right off the bat.  Give him shift, sense, stalk and morph.. Right at the start.  And give Jasons different buffs in RAGE at the 3 five min intervals.

5 mins in..  Rage Jasons run/walk speed is increased by 10%.   (Can't grab far, well this would close that gap.)

10 mins in.  Jason can now Rage smash through doors and his abilities re-charge 20% faster.  

15 mins in.  Jason is now immune to pocket knives, flares, fire crackers and melee stuns.  Only gun shots and Mommas sweater can stop him. And can sense everyones.  This would give an OP boost for the last 5 mins.

Also give cars a fuel timer and ONE smash and the vehicles done..  

This is  overboard to me... Good jasons would get 8/8 everytime with this set up. It wluld flip the balance entirely. And ai concur Jason needs a buff, (I think his grab should be improved ever so slightly, just not as it was before). I am also fine with him having access to sense and stalk right away, but shift needs to be on hold for a very short amount of time... Say even 1:30.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with many posters that Jason needs a bit of a buff, and I agree that the learning curve to playing him is steep, even steeper than counsellors, but after a lot of practice Jason is still a killing machine in the hands of good players. I have bad Jasin games, too (i'm not amazing) but I am nearing 500 matches as Jason and all that practice has really paid off. I play with friends with mics and they expect me to clear out lobbies on a regular basis. I don't always, but when a good Jason can do this routinely, balance can't be as bad as people are claiming. The truth is in the non bias middle ground... Jason does need a buff but people also need to practice and change their approach as Jason.

55 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

You know I wonder how much that's a contributing factor as far as complaints about the game goes. I understand this is a game and not a movie, but it is supposed to give us that experience and drop us in that world. I have, many many times now, been in full lobbies where the players have seen one or none of the movies. None. Some of these folks will even drop little tidbits of information like, "Part 2 Jason wears a bag because that's what the kids put over his head when they drowned him". I personally don't give a shit if anyone sees none or all the movies but I do think there's something to be said if anyone feels the game should play this way or that with having zero knowledge of the movies in which the game is based.

On a side note I did find it odd, when I first started playing, how much was grabbed from the more recent films, especially the 2009 reboot.