7 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Reduce the number of pocket knives and shotguns, and fix Jason's grab.

Exactly.

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I agree Jason is fucked but it's Christmas- the folks at Gun are not at their office. Save calling them out for when they're here. :P

Yeah, I forgot sending them a Christmas letter to their offices: Dear devs:

Since all of you are very important because you made a great franchise be popular again, with that maybe we can get another movie! So I wanted to say thank you and I really hope all of you have a Happy Christmas.

PD: FIX YOU DAMNDSKSK GAMEEEEE SKAIDJEKWIS JASON IS A FUCKING PINATA EAIFKAJS IM SO DONE WITH THIS IS THAT HARD MAKE JASON POWERED AND SCARY ADHFWHZFJ 

With love: PlayerATMachine.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Lol at all the whining in this thread. Jason sas nerfed and they went too far with it yes, absolutely, but the way people are talking in this thread... "Stay in the shack, don't even try" etc and we want jedi grab back waaah

Again, I agree that Jason needs a buff to get some of his mojo back, but lets be reasonable about it.

Well..  saying the people going to far by saying 'stay in the shack' is the same as saying Jason had a 'Jedi Grab'.

I've said this tons of times.  It was Jasons Grab animation that was the problem not his grab range.  A person the size of Jason can easily grab someone at 5-6 feet away.  I know i can grab as far as jasons "Jedi Grab' range.   Its not hard.  Lean forward and stick out arm...grab.  I can cover 5 1/2 feet no problem.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, NScarlato said:

I got killed as Jason last night for the first time. I killed 5 of them and only Tommy and Vanessa left. I knew it was coming but was chain stunned when the mask fell off.  Couldn’t shift or port away.  

Its very difficult against a group of experienced counselors.  

I recently had match where I was killed as Jason. Was using Part 2 at Pakanak. I killed two people, but because I couldn't reliably grab anyone (mainly slightly off to Jason's sides), I wiffed far more than I should have. I also was attacked relentlessly, and I recall when it was a STUPID idea to attack Jason because he could kill you much easier than you could stun him.

Not so in this case. Even though 5 of my 7  traps were stepped in, all the med sprays meant a net loss for me, and when I DID tag a grab, a pocket knife was the response, upwards of three per counselor. Eventually I couldn't even get to the different objectives. I tried slashing but Jason's reach is less reliable than the counselor, even when slashing.

As a result, the mask came off and a vanessa used the sweater and tommy was ready with the machete. To make matters worse, it was a party full of teabaggers and trash talkers.

I'm not surprised there is an influx of part 4 (destruction + slash), part 3 (slash) and part 6 (knives + slash reach) all being the preferred choice. I personally went with Savini and am reluctant to switch off of him when playing matches.

Jason needs a reworking, stat.

• Like 3

I do not think it is THAT bad that it makes the game unplayable.

There are a few too many guns and pockets knives, and the grab should be extended a bit but i can still have some good games as Jason.

The changes have forced me to change my gamestyle though. I have to slash more now to weaken counselors so even when they have a pocket knife they do not get very far.

• Like 2

I agree that, as of right now, Jason is not as intimidating as he should be in the current patch.

The main problems I have so far is what I believe is holding Jason:

• Counselors can climb or leap through windows, and Jason cannot break the window to damage them until the Counselor's animation finishes due to an invisible wall. You could use a throwing knife, but it's a waste of a knife when they're better off used against a Counselor running outdoors in a panic. 
  • Tables/Furniture cannot be destroyed or moved to allow Jason corner a Counselor using it to keep their distance from him. I understand that performance issues would suffer because of the debris left behind, but there's no option to have them fade away instead?
  • Jason cannot do much against a group of experienced Counselors ganging up on him without using his buggy melee attack or throwing knives. Grabbing a Counselor leaves him open to attack from behind, certain kills cannot be performed if another Counselor is in the way, and that's before the hostage uses a pocket knife to escape.
  • Fear doesn't really do much beyond reducing Stamina regeneration rate, blocking the mini-map (which can be prevented with a perk), and causing Counselors to stumble for a second more frequently. It also has little to no effect on combat, which clashes with the idea that Jason is meant to be an unstoppable killing machine.

I don't think Counselors need a drastic nerf without making Counselors frustrating to play as, but I do think that Jason needs more tools to help him overcome the more experienced Counselors beyond just baiting one Counselor into missing an attack and relying on awkward melee attacks to retaliate, while watching behind them to see if another is trying to sneak in an attack.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RichWalk9891 said:

I don't think Counselors need a drastic nerf without making Counselors frustrating to play as, but I do think that Jason needs more tools to help him overcome the more experienced Counselors beyond just baiting one Counselor into missing an attack and relying on awkward melee attacks to retaliate, while watching behind them to see if another is trying to sneak in an attack.

agreed. they need to learn from their mistakes and NOT nerf the counselors. it'll send people through the roof, just like the jason nerf. what they need to do is leave the counselors alone and work on a buff for jason that'll compensate. 

• Like 1

Hi guys...back after a brief, well-deserved banning.  :)

I've been adjusting to Jason's nerfs, but the devs do need to fine-tune his shit to make him a legit threat once again. The grab needs to be extended and widened a little, and the effective radius of the traps needs to be larger (and they need to hold counselors a wee bit longer). Oh, and the hit detection of Jason's weapons needs to be buffed slightly. If you make those little adjustments, Jason will be a tough but fair for once again.

Oh, and get rid of the extra shotguns/med sprays/pocket knives. Either that, or have Jason start out with a dozen knives and increase the number that can be found on the map itself.

I have to agree. When I could easily escape to the safety of the police cars (which should invoke a feeling of relief), but decide to hang around because I have three pocket knives and a machete and want to see if Jason will show up so I can get some quick and easy XP points, then the game is not working as intended.

1 minute ago, mikeyhorror said:

I have to agree. When I could easily escape to the safety of the police cars, but decide to hang around because I have three pocket knives and a machete and want to see if Jason will show up so I can get some quick and easy XP points, then the game is not working as intended.

Yup. I want to escape by the hair on my balls. I don't want it all but guaranteed each match. 

I think both sides of this are hilarious in their exaggerations. Comparing Jason's old grab to Darth Vader is comical at best. To say "Who hates it, oh yeah, Jason mains" is truly apathetic. That shows a close-minded, one-sided argument. My personal opinion, in over 15 days of game time, I saw what everyone describes this grab as maybe 3-5 times. Admit you made mistakes and tried to run next to the massive killer. Your fault. Get over itm

The "stay in your shack" and "just quit if you are Jason" comments are even worse. He isn't completely helpless, he still has his abilities. Learn to counter strategies. Become a slasher. Injure them with throwing knives from a distance. Try new things. Don't get me wrong, sounds like the Tommy/Vanessa combo were simply great players that have done that several times before, and everyone will come across those players from time to time. Don't get me wrong, I am awful in private matches vs my friends, but still wipe QPs often. It's the teamwork/communication/skill factor that are the underlying reasons here. As mentioned, I remember when surviving was rare. Teamwork and communication were necessary. Now mediocre players can kite for 20 minutes. I guess yoiu have to cater to all player bases though.

The balance from October shifted it heavily into counselor favor, and the last patch only increased that balance shift. I personally don't think the end shift, then grab and still miss because they were 80° to your right hand side, or ducking is cool. I don't want vacuum-hand grab back either, mainly because most of you are horrible whiners and need to feel like you can run right up to a killer brute and troll him.  I think the cone should be increased and less cylindrical. This should equal it out for both sides. Tone down number of guns, although the FPS factor in this game is shoddy at best anyway. Literally pace back and forth and they miss 75% of the time. I am big in favor of getting rid of map icons, or a t least have the toggle option in matches to turn them off. I get why people would want them in a lobby full of micless wanderers, but at the same time, that's the price you pay for lack of communication and teamwork.

@Dolemite welcome back! Nice vacation? Are you on Gun parole? How often do you have to drop pee for Jpops?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think both sides of this are hilarious in their exaggerations. Comparing Jason's old grab to Darth Vader is comical at best. To say "Who hates it, oh yeah, Jason mains" is truly apathetic. That shows a close-minded, one-sided argument. My personal opinion, in over 15 days of game time, I saw what everyone describes this grab as maybe 3-5 times. Admit you made mistakes and tried to run next to the massive killer. Your fault. Get over itm

The "stay in your shack" and "just quit if you are Jason" comments are even worse. He isn't completely helpless, he still has his abilities. Learn to counter strategies. Become a slasher. Injure them with throwing knives from a distance. Try new things. Don't get me wrong, sounds like the Tommy/Vanessa combo were simply great players that have done that several times before, and everyone will come across those players from time to time. Don't get me wrong, I am awful in private matches vs my friends, but still wipe QPs often. It's the teamwork/communication/skill factor that are the underlying reasons here. As mentioned, I remember when surviving was rare. Teamwork and communication were necessary. Now mediocre players can kite for 20 minutes. I guess yoiu have to cater to all player bases though.

The balance from October shifted it heavily into counselor favor, and the last patch only increased that balance shift. I personally don't think the end shift, then grab and still miss because they were 80° to your right hand side, or ducking is cool. I don't want vacuum-hand grab back either, mainly because most of you are horrible whiners and need to feel like you can run right up to a killer brute and troll him.  I think the cone should be increased and less cylindrical. This should equal it out for both sides. Tone down number of guns, although the FPS factor in this game is shoddy at best anyway. Literally pace back and forth and they miss 75% of the time. I am big in favor of getting rid of map icons, or a t least have the toggle option in matches to turn them off. I get why people would want them in a lobby full of micless wanderers, but at the same time, that's the price you pay for lack of communication and teamwork.

@Dolemite welcome back! Nice vacation? Are you on Gun parole? How often do you have to drop pee for Jpops?

I agree completely. Though i have been known to use the term force grab. I actually concur that jason needs some work. Its the massive and consistent overexaggerations of the jason is broken side that gives me headaches.

• Like 1

While the "force grab" was a little long, it did one thing really well.  It helped make Jason scary.  People did not want to get anywhere near him and it added a lot to the survival horror aspect.  I hope it goes back with some rework to distance but what we have now is pretty sad.  Jason is not intimidating, OP, or anything.  At least with the grab, he was feared.  

• Like 2

I played a Ton of this game the last 3 days. I was Jason 10 to 12 times.  I killed 5/8 or better in MOST of the games. some games were 8/8. A few games were only 3/8.  I did basically just sash 75% of the kills, and only did grab kills, late in the game, after hope was lost for any remaining survivor.  I played either Part  3 or Part 4 in 90% of the games. Altough my Part 7 Jason did get 6/8.

I did encounter many groups where players had 3+ guns. We would joke about it, while they just staggered their guns shots keeping me stunned for a while, to let other players get stuff done.
The 8/8 games were when players did not work together.  Players not trying to win make playing almost any Jason easy. When 1 to 3 players just hide, and 1 to 2 players just seem to not understand how to do basic dodge moves away from even a slow Jason it makes it seem like Jason can be easy.

In the games where, players worked together (often Premade groups based on the pre-game chat) Jason fared For worse. That is when the Stun game came into effect in full force.   The games where 5/8 kills mostly involved games where someone was an Nascar driver and just flew thru the map. I faced down 2 groups that tried to kill Jason. Once group failed miserably, and the others got my Jason on his knees, but could not finish it (they thought the game glitched)

I did have many times where when I did try to grab I simply missed before the grab range is 1 inch, but again I just slashed, because every dead conselours just dropped pocket knives on the ground like candy. 

I do agree Jason needs some tweaks, but its not like every game is 1/8.  The real challenge is, some people only play a hour or two a night (slackers) and maybe only get 1 to at best 2 chances at Jason a Night, and when its their turn, they run into that Premade group or people working together, they will have a bad time.

I feel like when my friend is playing Jason, and someone calls Tommy, all he does is hide in the corner for the match. When I play Jason, Tommy is played by Chuck Norris and he harassment me for the entire time.  There is some random luck to this game (which is ok,) but some games players put everything in a car in the first 2 minutes, and other games, no one can find the damm gas. if your Jason once in 3 days, and you take out phone, check car#1 and as soon as you morph to Car #1, car #2 starts up, 1 to 4 players just got away. It does leave a sour taste in the mouth, even if it doesn't happen much, it can and does happen.

47 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Thank you, good sir. Yes, I said some naughty things to another poster and got a week off. I'm back, but no wee-wee tests as far as I'm aware.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I recently switched my settings back to counselor only. This was after a 6/8 round. I did well enough but at no point was it fun. Completely tedious. Too many knives/guns. I'm not interested in being a virtual punching bag. 

I'm at the point where I'm done with balance talk, because I now believe it to be futile.

I used to have a shred of good faith. I used to think they were just extremely misguided, and enough debate could make them see the light.

Now I think they're purposely (and unethically) marketing the game towards children, and the increased revenue that brings, because they believe the fan market has capped out.

They won't change the game back, and debate is pointless, because they're not arguing their reasons in good faith.

It's purely about money, and they already have ours, so our opinions no longer matter. They've moved on from us as customers.

So i'm moving on from caring about this game. Bye everyone! :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I agree completely. Though i have been known to use the term force grab. I actually concur that jason needs some work. Its the massive and consistent overexaggerations of the jason is broken side that gives me headaches.

I don't blame you for using it. It's a common term now, along with stretch Armstrong hand, vacuum-grab, magnetic pull, etc. Started as jokes and it is a funny description. 

What bothers me is the people that thought it was game breaking before and the ones that think it's perfect now. Neither are optimal.  People exaggerate the distance he used to grab like you could put down 3 baseball bats down and he would reach you there. That's 9 meters. Not at all true. Even lunging with latency, he couldn't pull that off. People won't accept when they mess up. 

My opinion, we shouldn't seek the killer to fight. If counselors are seeking him to kill him, then the balance.  You shouldn't feel confident in running up to smack his mask off or chase him in a group of preppy ass Chodes, I mean Chads.

Zoo, read the forums. Shifty has acknowledged issues and they will work on it as they always have. Do spend this much time on other game and movie forums without anything positive to say?  Clearly you love this game like the rest of us, you just want it better. I get some of your frustrations, but you are reaching way too much and sound like a pouting child. Shifty, please just say his individual name one time to calm this guy down so he feels he was at least heard. 

How is the game being marketed to children? I will give you dance emotes and costumes, but the costumes are references to 80s movies/culture. Its not fuxking Spongebob and Dora. It's not Harry Potter even. What is driving you to rant they are marketing it to kids? Also, more revenue = more fixes, content. Other than Wes being excited for trying to introduce teenagers to Goblin, there is little evidence or indication of what you are saying.

14 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I don't blame you for using it. It's a common term now, along with stretch Armstrong hand, vacuum-grab, magnetic pull, etc. Started as jokes and it is a funny description. 

What bothers me is the people that thought it was game breaking before and the ones that think it's perfect now. Neither are optimal.  People exaggerate the distance he used to grab like you could put down 3 baseball bats down and he would reach you there. That's 9 meters. Not at all true. Even lunging with latency, he couldn't pull that off. People won't accept when they mess up. 

My opinion, we shouldn't seek the killer to fight. If counselors are seeking him to kill him, then the balance.  You shouldn't feel confident in running up to smack his mask off or chase him in a group of preppy ass Chodes, I mean Chads.

Zoo, read the forums. Shifty has acknowledged issues and they will work on it as they always have. Do spend this much time on other game and movie forums without anything positive to say?  Clearly you love this game like the rest of us, you just want it better. I get some of your frustrations, but you are reaching way too much and sound like a pouting child. Shifty, please just say his individual name one time to calm this guy down so he feels he was at least heard. 

How is the game being marketed to children? I will give you dance emotes and costumes, but the costumes are references to 80s movies/culture. Its not fuxking Spongebob and Dora. It's not Harry Potter even. What is driving you to rant they are marketing it to kids? Also, more revenue = more fixes, content. Other than Wes being excited for trying to introduce teenagers to Goblin, there is little evidence or indication of what you are saying.

That doesn't look like an exaggeration to me.

The game is NOT being marketed to children in any way, shape, or form. That's just silly. If kiddies are playing that's on the parents, not Gun/Illfonic.

However, the game IS way unbalanced as fuck in favor of the counselors, yes, and it only got worse with this new update. If the devs don't do something about it in the next update I'll be pissed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Well..  saying the people going to far by saying 'stay in the shack' is the same as saying Jason had a 'Jedi Grab'.

I've said this tons of times.  It was Jasons Grab animation that was the problem not his grab range.  A person the size of Jason can easily grab someone at 5-6 feet away.  I know i can grab as far as jasons "Jedi Grab' range.   Its not hard.  Lean forward and stick out arm...grab.  I can cover 5 1/2 feet no problem.

Er... No. Jasons grab was sometimes across a room (albeit a smallish one). I mean sure, I see what you mean about the animation, but the point is even giving him that ability was just bizarre in how it worked with gameplay. People play based on what they see, so if they see Jason lift his arm and someone get pulled into it... It sure doesnt look like he should be able to do that based on gameplay.

The difference of exaggerration is massive. One person is suggesting not even playing because good Jasons wouldn't be able to get a single kill against any lobby with two speedo chads. I am implying that Jason could grab you from across a room, which was actually true at times. That said, your right Vacuum grab is a more accurate term and I'll use that going forward. A vacuum at least has a set distance, whereas force grab implies that he could grab from 60 feet away. You're right, i'll ditch that term.

The Jason is completely useless crowd over exaggerrates far more though. They tend to (but not always) say things like: "Jason cannot kill anyone, even crappy counsellors" and "Jason is a freaking joke". 

Most of the other side actually AGREE that Jason needs work and should be a little more powerful, but we take issue with the multitude of threads (like this one) that make gigantic mountains out of molehills.

The game needs a balance adjustment, almost no one disagrees with that. However, only one side freaks out about it with repeated over-exaggerrations and declares Jason broken and impossible to use etc etc. The important thing to note here is that most of us agree on the core point that Jason needs work! Some people just think he needs far more of it to compensate for the inability of poor players. If a good jason can still get 8/8 (and he can) then a huge balance shift should not happen. In fact, it seems lile there are more 8/8 than 0/8 games. The problem is we see an increase in 2/8 type games, and people get pissed being on the wrong end of those games. Jason needs a buff to counter that, no argument here, but he does not need a massive one when good players can still slaughter decent lobbies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well with grab range and the fact that you cant get someone half way in a window anymore, I changed my preference to not play Jason. And I haven't in soooo long.

The people that think it's fine must not seem to realize how stupid it is to finally get someone then your t-rex arms whiff, allowing them to extend their life, by minutes depending on who they are.

I have not only been on the receiving side, but I also switched to Vanessa exclusively after that Oct patch, and I have been cornered, and have witnessed Jason whiff with me centimeters away, knowing I should not be alive, and wouldn't be pre nerf. I KNOW how pissed those Jasons had to be watching me slide along a wall, out of grasp.

16 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Er... No. Jasons grab was sometimes ten feet. I mean sure, I see what you mean about the animation, but the point is even giving him that ability was just bizarre in how it worked with gameplay.

The difference of exaggerration is massive. One person is suggesting not. even playing because they wouldn't be able to get a single kill as Jason. I am implying that Jason could grab you from across a room, which was actually true at times. That said, your right Vacuum grab is a more accurate term and I'll use that going forward.

The Jason is completely useless crowd over exaggerrates far more. They tend to (but not always) say things like: "Jason cannot kill anyone, even crappy counsellors" and "Jason is a freaking joke". 

Most of the other side actually AGREE that Jason needs work and should be a little more powerful, but we take issue with the multitude of threads (like this one) that make gigantic mountains out of molehills.

The game needs a balance adjustment, almost no one disagrees with that. However, only one side freaks out about with repeated over-exaggerrations and declares Jason broken and impossible to use etc etc. The important thing to note here is that most of us agree on the core point that Jason needs work, some people just think he needs far more of it to compensate for the inability of poor players.

I wish I was exaggerating but im not, there are like 3 or 4 shotguns in each map and 1 more if we count Tommy, there must be like 10 pocket knifes or more in each map too (counting camps and drawers) and if we are 7 players is ridiculous. If you have the bad luck of be Jason in a small map, lobby full of Vanessas, Bugzys or Chads the experience will be even worse. Yesterday I was playing in a lobby and im not lying, they killed Jason in all matches (The lobby had 2 Fox's, 1 Chads, 3 AJ's and 1 Adam. Like I said, grab in vainilla was fine, it was bugged sometimes but it worked fine, you really need to consider that Jason moves slower than counselors.

people used to bash on LJN friday the 13th game but i loved that game because jason was super OP and felt authentic at the time that game was the only friday the 13th game out i had hopes for this game but at this point everyone makes a mockery of jason. And it's sicking the devs really don't understand they don't play in QP it really is diffrent in the QP lobbys everyone that plays in private matches with there friends will never know the pain of being jason in a QP lobby full of high levels

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

It's got nothing to do with grab-range yadda yadda yadda . . . .

Number 1 - JASON SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SHIFT / MORPH !!!!!!

Number 2 - JASON SHOULD HAVE TO TRACK COUNSELORS ON FOOT.

Number 3 - JASON SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRASH A ROOM'S FURNITURE; NOBODY SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN AROUND AN IMPENETRABLE SOFA OR TABLE WITH JASON RUNNING AFTER THEM . . IT'S A RIDICULOUS SPECTACLE!

1. Yes he should.

2. Not really.

3. There is more important things for them to focus on then being able to break tables. That is not important.

Seven months ago, this game was so fun to play we blew the servers up.  Jason was a force, and used to scare people.

Now Jason is a farce.

• Like 2