Sign in to follow this  
Slit518

Carnival Stage/County Fair

So I had a dream last night that I was playing Friday the 13th, and there was this festival going on at a carnival/county fair (I know there was never a carnival/fair in any of the movies).

In the stage there wasn't just the counselors trying to escape, there were NPCs as well.

It was kind of cool, the players were running around doing objectives as per usual, and the NPCs were acting like normal civilians until Jason showed up killing somebody in front of them all.

While playing as Jason you could kill the other people as well, but they were half the points.

The counselors could also cause distractions by opening up animal pens and releasing a pen of pigs, chickens, sheep, cows, etc... at you.

You could also go through crazy exhibits like a fun house, haunted house, etc...

This stage was easier to escape from, I suppose it was this way due to the volume of NPCs Jason could kill and make up for lost EXP by fleeing counselors.

Now there weren't really many weapons due to the fact it was a carnival/fair, but there were a few there.

Furniture was also breakable, there was this really cool kill where Jason would chokeslam a counselor onto a hard wooden table over and over until it broke into pieces (3 times).

You could also kill the counselors by setting certain buildings (tents) on fire.

I know this type of stage wasn't in any of the movies, but I think it would be cool to have a fun, quarky stage like this in the game.

Counselors could even play the carnival games for bonus EXP if they complete them!

• Like 1

I actually really like the idea of this! The NPCs seem like it'd be too much all in one game, but I love the idea of maybe the counselors breaking into an abandoned/or closed carnival/fair that was set up around Crystal Lake and of course Jason appears at night to take care of the  lollygaggers.

I love this idea. I want more unique maps and "what if" situations. 

I like the NPC idea but doubt the game would reach 10 fps if there was more than the 7 counselors at one time.

Yeah, and it all came to me in a dream just like I presented.

Probably because I was enjoying the 1st night of Double EXP weekend with a friend until 4am...  I haven't done that in a long time.

13 hours ago, Ricky said:

I really like the idea of this, but I doubt they'd add a non-cannon situation.

Technically it's happened! I don't know about the canon of it since it deals with Jason possessing people much like Jason Goes to Hell.
Friday the 13th: The Carnival
I have no idea how the rights work when it comes to various media like the novels and comics, but I think a carnival would be great fun and this novel gives a plot as to why Jason is haunting a carnival. I think if it's in the realm of possibility, the devs should totally look into it!

9 hours ago, CxVEN said:

Technically it's happened! I don't know about the canon of it since it deals with Jason possessing people much like Jason Goes to Hell.
Friday the 13th: The Carnival
I have no idea how the rights work when it comes to various media like the novels and comics, but I think a carnival would be great fun and this novel gives a plot as to why Jason is haunting a carnival. I think if it's in the realm of possibility, the devs should totally look into it!

We have proof! BAM LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN. I'll cosign for this.

This is totally a top tier map idea. And I could perhaps see a clothing pack that could go along with it for the counselors too!

I'm really hoping this becomes a possibility haha. It probably wouldn't happen for awhile, but it's definitely a fantastic idea and it's not that off from the canon. It'd be somewhat familiar since it could still be around Crystal Lake, but it'd add a much needed break from the complete woods and cabins since it'd be a fairground. We gotta try and make this happen!

For those who want to make this happen, I suggest tweeting this thread, or sending it to Gun Media through facebook.  They need to hear our voices!

• Like 1