AldermachXI

"Only Dicks Slash!" - Having Fun Again

32 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@tyrant666Since PC has dedicated servers, you guys are all kind of screwed for blocking unfortunately, so TK to interrupt a swing is basically a necessity.

Yup. pretty much since the engine update. Combat block has been too slow to stop a counselor swing, especially if they have the swift perk. Used to be amazing to stop an over zealous counselor looking to beat you up a bit. The block was so quick he would just think his weapon didnt work and cry that the game glitched. Those were the good ol days...

40 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yup. pretty much since the engine update. Combat block has been too slow to stop a counselor swing, especially if they have the swift perk. Used to be amazing to stop an over zealous counselor looking to beat you up a bit. The block was so quick he would just think his weapon didnt work and cry that the game glitched. Those were the good ol days...

Yeah, Jason block + grab would basically eliminate 99% of the playerbase. I remember the days when I first started practicing it, when I was still very slow at it, and even then no one could even deal with it. After enough time I got to the point where I could almost simultaneously block and grab, but unfortunately that is only possible as host on console now. If you aren't host it simply isn't viable anymore, it is no longer reaction time but prediction time in that case.

If you guys want to check out the fastest block + grabber in the world, check out wiz3933. We are pretty close in terms of that tech but he is still the best at it. Lots of respect for that dude.

Main thing is though - don't slash against good teams. You will get completely destroyed. There is only one defense against the counter hit in that case, and that is literally a 1 frame block after the slash animation. Which means too early = no block and stunned / demasked, and too late = stunned / demasked. Must be pefect timing, so good luck with that unless you practice every day. I can pull it off reliably and I am still wary of doing it.

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

A true troll would never let themselves get slashed. You would have all weapons in the match broken on you before that would happen. The ones who truly complain about slashing are the Jasons who are wildly swinging like apes and getting stunned left and right for doing it. Why is that? Easy, uncancellable recovery frames. Had you simply grabbed instead, you could’ve at least deleted a pocket knife from the match.

You gotta show me a gif of these frames you are describing in slow motion.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Yeah, Jason block + grab would basically eliminate 99% of the playerbase. I remember the days when I first started practicing it, when I was still very slow at it, and even then no one could even deal with it. After enough time I got to the point where I could almost simultaneously block and grab, but unfortunately that is only possible as host on console now. If you aren't host it simply isn't viable anymore, it is no longer reaction time but prediction time in that case.

If you guys want to check out the fastest block + grabber in the world, check out wiz3933. We are pretty close in terms of that tech but he is still the best at it. Lots of respect for that dude.

Main thing is though - don't slash against good teams. You will get completely destroyed. There is only one defense against the counter hit in that case, and that is literally a 1 frame block after the slash animation. Which means too early = no block and stunned / demasked, and too late = stunned / demasked. Must be pefect timing, so good luck with that unless you practice every day. I can pull it off reliably and I am still wary of doing it.

Sounds like you are 1 badass Jason. You play on PC? Would love to get in a game sometime if so...

I guess I am behind the times but when did Aldermach get banned and what for? Disappointing to say the least!

6 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

I guess I am behind the times but when did Aldermach get banned and what for? Disappointing to say the least!

Screen_Shot_2018-03-28_at_11.32.59_AM.jpg

1 hour ago, pro5pt0 said:

I just played with him.

16 hours ago, The Tommy said:

It's true. Up against a slashing Jason, the Sacred Branch will be heard. That being said, part IV Jason is the Sacred Branch's nemesis.

Still kicking myself after accidentally deleting a clip this last weekend where I demasked said part IV while in a limping state with the Sacred Branch. I blame being tired at the the time. 

Damn!!... You finally did it!!!... and deleted the video!!!!…. Damn!!!!

This was awesome. Wish people would share more of whiners getting mad lol

On 7/19/2018 at 6:35 AM, Redcat345 said:

It's called a slasher movie, stop complaining about slashing.

When did the developers say slashing breaks the rules & is a bannable offense? If not, stfu and don't tell me how to play in game, crying about slashing makes you come off as a call of duty tryhard. 

IMO people who only slash or use chokes/head punches are the CoD Try Hards kiddies.

Real F13th fans..  only slash as a last resort.  As a set up for a REAL kill.

Only time i slash someone to death is if have too.  But, i never really want to.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

IMO people who only slash or use chokes/head punches are the CoD Try Hards kiddies. Yeah , that's true.

Only time i slash someone to death is if have too.  But, i never really want to.

Sometimes , I just feel like a plain old Slash kill. It feels good sometimes. Although rarely.

Any Variety is good Variety.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

The Scintillating Sanguine Slashmaster Supreme disagrees.

We worship at the altar of Ashy Slashy, and won't be dissuaded by the likes of you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

IMO people who only slash or use chokes/head punches are the CoD Try Hards kiddies.

Slashing should be used as a last resort or if you are going against Tommy or a counselor with no weapon and out of stamina. There is a reason the devs spend THOUSANDS of dollars mo-capping kills. Yet Jason players get so pissed when they get beaten up but fail to realize that slashing rarely works against an experienced player. An experienced player will take the slash and whack your ass with a bat and will spray themselves while you are laying flat on your back. Go for the grab and if you get hit with a knife so what? There isn’t a lot on the map. There is maybe 4 max? When you see everybody in the match was either slashed, asphyxiated, or decapitated it just shows you rely on slashing or the same kills over and over again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Slashing should be used as a last resort or if you are going against Tommy or a counselor with no weapon and out of stamina. There is a reason the devs spend THOUSANDS of dollars mo-capping kills. Yet Jason players get so pissed when they get beaten up but fail to realize that slashing rarely works against an experienced player. An experienced player will take the slash and whack your ass with a bat and will spray themselves while you are laying flat on your back. Go for the grab and if you get hit with a knife so what? There isn’t a lot on the map. There is maybe 4 max? When you see everybody in the match was either slashed, asphyxiated, or decapitated it just shows you rely on slashing or the same kills over and over again.

Slashing a counselor with no weapon and out of stamina? Isn't that the perfect opportunity for a grab kill?... but this is when you think a slash is alright?... Slashing does work against experienced players when it is done by an experienced player. It works rather well actually... Are you actually trying to say a Jason player should grab against armed groups?  
   Getting hit with a pocket knife when a counselor with an axe or machete is around is literally a free demasking... but Jason should just have to eat that pocket knife anyway? If you want to see a grab kill... stay out of armed groups... or there will be many slashing deaths.
   I can tell you exactly when a slash or grab kill is perfectly acceptable. Whenever a Jason player feels like slashing... a slash is perfectly acceptable. Whenever a Jason player feels like grabbing... a grab kill is perfectly acceptable. I love the kill animations and will use them at every opportunity... and change them after each match... and use as many environment kills as possible. But I know enough about how to play the game to know when a grab is a stupid idea... and ANYONE that complains about slashing... or tells me not to slash... is getting slashed, even if it was a perfect opportunity for the rarest of environment kills.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

You still have to land that hit. Good luck. If you think you're quick enough to use a spray while I'm slashing you to pieces, good luck. Even if you do, your sprays will eventually run out. My slashing won't. 

Just had a host rage quit on me after I killed him twice because he was trying to use your method. He seemed awfully confident about it too when he was doing it. It was adorable. 

That shit might work with n00b Jasons but try it against an experienced one and see what happens. 

Everybody get slashed as long as the grab is a liability.

Everybody gets limped, then grab killed if there’s time. 

Don’t like it, to bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Everybody get slashed as long as the grab is a liability.

Everybody gets limped, then grab killed if there’s time. 

Don’t like it, to bad.

Grab really isn't a liabilty ... No more than slashing.  

Theres a time and place for slash killing. But beyond thats its basically a F YOU kill/disrespect type of move.

Only time i ever slash kill someone that i could grab kill... is to piss them off.  And show them they are not worthy of a good death..?

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Grab really isn't a liabilty ... No more than slashing.  

Theres a time and place for slash killing. But beyond thats its basically a F YOU kill/disrespect type of move.

Only time i ever slash kill someone that i could grab kill... is to piss them off.  And show them they are not worthy of a good death..?

Grabbing is more of a liability, it gives a free stun to someone if you’re off by even a hair. If lag makes me miss a slash I keep right on moving but when I miss a grab that on my screen connected it throws everything off and locks me into a straight line till the animation is done. 

I use grab kills even when fighting a group, it’s about when there’s opportunity. The getting angry at Jason or the Jason player I have a problem with. It’s all just cause and effect, if you tease and taunt you have no right to be a little bitch about the slashing you get. 

12 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s all just cause and effect, if you tease and taunt you have no right to be a little bitch about the slashing you get. 

I agree..    ^

But im talking about slash killing for no reason at all.  Just because you can...

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

I agree..    ^

But im talking about slash killing for no reason at all.  Just because you can...

Oh, I guess we agree on it. You shouldn’t just do it cause it’s easy, there’s a time and place for it, just like traps and throwing knives.

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

Slashing a counselor with no weapon and out of stamina? Isn't that the perfect opportunity for a grab kill?... but this is when you think a slash is alright?... Slashing does work against experienced players when it is done by an experienced player. It works rather well actually... Are you actually trying to say a Jason player should grab against armed groups?  
   Getting hit with a pocket knife when a counselor with an axe or machete is around is literally a free demasking... but Jason should just have to eat that pocket knife anyway? If you want to see a grab kill... stay out of armed groups... or there will be many slashing deaths.
   I can tell you exactly when a slash or grab kill is perfectly acceptable. Whenever a Jason player feels like slashing... a slash is perfectly acceptable. Whenever a Jason player feels like grabbing... a grab kill is perfectly acceptable. I love the kill animations and will use them at every opportunity... and change them after each match... and use as many environment kills as possible. But I know enough about how to play the game to know when a grab is a stupid idea... and ANYONE that complains about slashing... or tells me not to slash... is getting slashed, even if it was a perfect opportunity for the rarest of environment kills.

Not saying to NEVER slash, just saying there are many more opportunities to use a grab kill rather than slashing then bitching and moaning when the counselor doesn’t die. It is super easy to avoid slashing. Just saying that slashing EVERY counselor in the the lobby negets you XP and makes the game boring honestly. It gives no fear factor.

I’m not THE BEST counselor ever but I’m pretty damn good not trying to boost my own ego, but I rarely get slashed because it is THAT easy to avoid a slash and then I’m the one who get swarmed with messages saying I’m trash for not dying to a Jason who slashed when really it is the Jason who should’ve grabbed. Too many Jason players are petrified of pocket knives, it is ridiculous. 

However yes slashing is what you should do in a group of counselors, didn’t think of that.

3 hours ago, Brevator said:

You still have to land that hit. Good luck. If you think you're quick enough to use a spray while I'm slashing you to pieces, good luck. Even if you do, your sprays will eventually run out. My slashing won't. 

Just had a host rage quit on me after I killed him twice because he was trying to use your method. He seemed awfully confident about it too when he was doing it. It was adorable. 

That shit might work with n00b Jasons but try it against an experienced one and see what happens. 

Try slashing an experienced counselor and you’ll see for sure that slashing is not a viable option. Counselors can bounce back from a slash easily, Jason gets knocked on his ass from one swing. 

The host you were going against was a crybaby, don’t try a method you don’t know how to use. It’s not that hard to fake a swing and avoid a slash, I’m confident but not cocky...it’s not the same thing.

You don't "fake a swing". You either don't swing, or you swing and miss and get slashed. And I've slashed many "experienced" counselors to ribbons. The host who quit on me as Tommy was 150. I'll even give you his PS4 name. 

So was his friend playing as Adam, who went down right before he did. 

Slashing works. Period. 

1 hour ago, Brevator said:

You don't "fake a swing". You either don't swing, or you swing and miss and get slashed. And I've slashed many "experienced" counselors to ribbons. The host who quit on me as Tommy was 150. I'll even give you his PS4 name. 

So was his friend playing as Adam, who went down right before he did. 

Slashing works. Period. 

You gotta quote me first of all.

Second of all it works on some counselors, not all, period. Counselors have the advantage in combat and it is a well known fact. Not saying it should be this way but it is. MOST of the time, if you know what you doing you won’t be slashed. By the way Level 150 does not mean “experienced” you could be 150 and die all the way there. 

What I meant by “faking a swing” is turning around and making Jason think you are going for a swing so he goes for a grab