Jump to content
AldermachXI

"Only Dicks Slash!" - Having Fun Again

Recommended Posts

On 1/23/2018 at 6:26 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

Slashing is just pathetic anymore. To see an entire lobby murdered is embarrassing for the player as Jason, especially if it’s a seasoned player. It shows that you have no tact, skill, or style, you just go to the target and slash out of fear that someone might get away or have a pocket knife. So keep slashing. I’m not mad, just second-hand embarrassed for the lack of well-roundedness.

The last match someone murdered me I was still the last person and the player had to slash me to limp 3 times after I stunned him and slipped away each time. I objectively bested him and he didn’t deserve the kill. Just like the same Jason players that wanna cry and rage-post about getting chain stunned but then turn around and slash people to death. It’s hypocritical. If you don’t like when others exploit game mechanics then you have no right to do so yourself. This guy that cleared a lobby by slashing was SO BAD that it took him to the 2 minute mark to finally catch me a THIRD time with no health spray to slash me in our third altercation. I literally limped away each time and lost him when there were no health sprays around. For me, I’d hate to win at something by exploiting the same move or mechanic, but do you. 

98f.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yes but in cool ways 

gorey-gifs-from-the-friday-the-13th-game

(I know the swinging is for because Jason sucks right now but I do like the kills you can do when you can grab them lol) 

Jason ain't here to be cool, he's here to kill those trespassing assholes who violate the sacred ground where he and his mother died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redcat345 said:

Jason ain't here to be cool, he's here to kill those trespassing assholes who violate the sacred ground where he and his mother died.

True but in the movies he's always killing people in cool ways, he's not slashing lol But I understand, kill them all! I just like being killed in cool ways, so If you hear me say "Just grab me and kill me" Then kill me in a cool way lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Jason ain't here to be cool, he's here to kill those trespassing assholes who violate the sacred ground where he and his mother died.

I'm always telling those pesky kids to stay off my damn lawn! Damn kids with their rock'n'roll music and doobies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm always telling those pesky kids to stay off my damn lawn! Damn kids with their rock'n'roll music and doobies...

Yep. And you do it in game too. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm always telling those pesky kids to stay off my damn lawn! Damn kids with their rock'n'roll music and doobies...

AnimatedCarelessIndianhare-max-1mb.gif

f-off-my-lawn.gif

fQHtkHn.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Yep. And you do it in game too. LOL.

I made some chick SCREAM the other night on PC...I was using Stalk and heard the *beep beep* of the phone. So I Morph there and said "HEY! Stay the fuck off my lawn!". I had never heard someone scream like that in the game. It was great.

She ran inside yelling at everyone else for help. I cooked her in the fireplace.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

I made some chick SCREAM the other night on PC...I was using Stalk and heard the *beep beep* of the phone. So I Morph there and said "HEY! Stay the fuck off my lawn!". I had never heard someone scream like that in the game. It was great.

She ran inside yelling at everyone else for help. I cooked her in the fireplace.

Maybe they were trying to buy you a gift for your lawn, ever thought about that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Maybe they were trying to buy you a gift for your lawn, ever thought about that? 

I'm so inconsiderate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm so inconsiderate...

I'm sure she forgave you as you lit her on fire.

gorey-gifs-from-the-friday-the-13th-game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is the wonky screwed up weapon hitboxes for Jason make this a pain in the ass too! Does Gun even know about the hitboxes? Because I don't think I've seen them mention anything about it at all, as if they think there's no problem or just don't know about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 6:26 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

Slashing is just pathetic anymore. To see an entire lobby murdered is embarrassing for the player as Jason, especially if it’s a seasoned player. It shows that you have no tact, skill, or style, you just go to the target and slash out of fear that someone might get away or have a pocket knife. So keep slashing. I’m not mad, just second-hand embarrassed for the lack of well-roundedness.

The last match someone murdered me I was still the last person and the player had to slash me to limp 3 times after I stunned him and slipped away each time. I objectively bested him and he didn’t deserve the kill. Just like the same Jason players that wanna cry and rage-post about getting chain stunned but then turn around and slash people to death. It’s hypocritical. If you don’t like when others exploit game mechanics then you have no right to do so yourself. This guy that cleared a lobby by slashing was SO BAD that it took him to the 2 minute mark to finally catch me a THIRD time with no health spray to slash me in our third altercation. I literally limped away each time and lost him when there were no health sprays around. For me, I’d hate to win at something by exploiting the same move or mechanic, but do you. 

You honestly believe that because you had a bunch of med sprays or the double med spray perk that you deserved to live after being limped 3 times? The fact that you took so much damage and had to rely on an over abundance of items in the games current state doesn't raise a red flag to you that something is wrong? You're serious in thinking that after being hit by Jason with enough attacks to kill 2-3 counselors that you SHOULDN'T have died? This is what you're saying right now. In a game based on one of the most well know slasher franchises from a near unstoppable beast known as Jason Voorhees. Using a ton of med sprays isn't an exploit, but hitting Jason through a door is while Jason is lucky if he can hit a counselor anymore. Jason slashing is one of his most basic abilities. As far as exploits go counselors have them far more than Jason does and to call Jason out for trying to be an actual threat is probably the silliest thing I've seen in these forums, period. 

 

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. I meant to do one entire reply but forgot about the first post. If I could delete one I would. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I slash and care less what anyone thinks about it..

 

Don't want to be slashed? Conserve stamina and don't get around me.. if I shift to you, be ready to run for 1-2 seconds to get away from it.

 

Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 6:26 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

Slashing is just pathetic anymore. To see an entire lobby murdered is embarrassing for the player as Jason, especially if it’s a seasoned player. It shows that you have no tact, skill, or style, you just go to the target and slash out of fear that someone might get away or have a pocket knife. So keep slashing. I’m not mad, just second-hand embarrassed for the lack of well-roundedness.

The last match someone murdered me I was still the last person and the player had to slash me to limp 3 times after I stunned him and slipped away each time. I objectively bested him and he didn’t deserve the kill. Just like the same Jason players that wanna cry and rage-post about getting chain stunned but then turn around and slash people to death. It’s hypocritical. If you don’t like when others exploit game mechanics then you have no right to do so yourself. This guy that cleared a lobby by slashing was SO BAD that it took him to the 2 minute mark to finally catch me a THIRD time with no health spray to slash me in our third altercation. I literally limped away each time and lost him when there were no health sprays around. For me, I’d hate to win at something by exploiting the same move or mechanic, but do you. 

Short version: you suck and got killed. Keep crying, lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sweet. Just played a game as Roy against a trash-talking Brit counselor. I killed him, he came back as Tommy, continued talking shit, and I killed him again. In the middle of the kill, he rage quit.

Like I said...so sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 7:26 AM, BeautyNumber2 said:

Slashing is just pathetic anymore. To see an entire lobby murdered is embarrassing for the player as Jason, especially if it’s a seasoned player. It shows that you have no tact, skill, or style, you just go to the target and slash out of fear that someone might get away or have a pocket knife. So keep slashing. I’m not mad, just second-hand embarrassed for the lack of well-roundedness.

The last match someone murdered me I was still the last person and the player had to slash me to limp 3 times after I stunned him and slipped away each time. I objectively bested him and he didn’t deserve the kill. Just like the same Jason players that wanna cry and rage-post about getting chain stunned but then turn around and slash people to death. It’s hypocritical. If you don’t like when others exploit game mechanics then you have no right to do so yourself. This guy that cleared a lobby by slashing was SO BAD that it took him to the 2 minute mark to finally catch me a THIRD time with no health spray to slash me in our third altercation. I literally limped away each time and lost him when there were no health sprays around. For me, I’d hate to win at something by exploiting the same move or mechanic, but do you. 

Slashing can be used as a good tactic within reason. When I'm Jason, I'll slash a counselor maybe twice, so they're wounded, then move in for the grab kill. That way, if they have a pocket knife, they can't run far during the animation to remove it. Of course, if they have a healing spray, that's just making it more fun. After all, it's the chase which makes it more... entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar experience, except it was for grabbing. Last player left decides to play ring around-the-table, and after grabbing him I got pocket knifed. Then he started taunting, saying the reason I only grabbed was because I'm too afraid to fight him on (must have not been there when I slashed Tommy to death a little earlier). I threw a few slashes at him before eventually getting another grab. At the end of the match he admitted to having two health sprays.

So yeah, anytime a player tries to shame you out of a play style he's just trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Counselors bait and punish grabs,  Jason slashes Counselors. Cause and effect.

If I’m trash for slashing why so salty?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing grinds salt faster than slashing. 

Like last night when I had a team of trolls swinging at me. They surrounded me with confidence until they realized I wasn't playing the grab game when I started swinging back. I managed to separate and grab-kill one of them, but he came back as Tommy. I blocked all their hits but they continued taking turns swinging at me until their weapons broke. I locked onto Tommy while he was reaching for another bat and he went down in a whirlwind of sharp metal. He frantically ran around in circles, but I was dead set on him, there was no escape. He barely knew what hit him. 

With no weapons left, the others went down handily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

24 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Nothing grinds salt faster than slashing. 

Like last night when I had a team of trolls swinging at me. They surrounded me with confidence until they realized I wasn't playing the grab game when I started swinging back. I managed to separate and grab-kill one of them, but he came back as Tommy. I blocked all their hits but they continued taking turns swinging at me until their weapons broke. I locked onto Tommy while he was reaching for another bat and he went down in a whirlwind of sharp metal. He frantically ran around in circles, but I was dead set on him, there was no escape. He barely knew what hit him. 

With no weapons left, the others went down handily. 

 

Welcome, Brother!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Winners slash.

This!

 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Counselors bait and punish grabs,  Jason slashes Counselors. Cause and effect.

If I’m trash for slashing why so salty?

So true. The slash crying snowflakes are back in matches lately, crying about Jason slashing, even one leaving a match before being killed as the last counselor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

This!

 

So true. The slash crying snowflakes are back in matches lately, crying about Jason slashing, even one leaving a match before being killed as the last counselor.

Yep, I don’t understand it myself. You’re running up to a superior force. I mean I try and mix it up, use bear traps, and kill them with grabs after they’re limping, except for Tommy whose actively trying to kill me and trolls who get knifed so as not to deny me a kill. There does seem to be quite a bit of salt for Jason’s who don’t play that game of grab and get stunned. 

I can’t wait for a new game that see how this one plays and can take it to the next level. So much potential, almost every aspect of it could be improved, and most of the how’s have already been discussed on this very forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I can’t wait for a new game that see how this one plays and can take it to the next level. So much potential, almost every aspect of it could be improved, and most of the how’s have already been discussed on this very forum. 

It lends itself to easy adaptation with other horror IPs.  Halloween being the closest direct analogue, but certainly Nightmare on Elm Street, Child's Play, and others.

The core of this game, the APvP, is amazing when it works as intended.  I hope other developers (and G/I) take note of this and explore other opportunities with this model.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...