AldermachXI

"Only Dicks Slash!" - Having Fun Again

35 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It's funny.  I actually enjoy the kill animations when I'm mowing through bots offline, and view the propensity of pocket knives akin to building a tolerance for it in a QP match.  Would I prefer fewer of them? Absolutely, but it may be time to rethink the mechanics of PK's.

I wouldn't be opposed to them having a mini-game for a PK, similar to the "Repair Wheel" with the trade-off being once the counselor engages the minigame, Jason becomes immune to melee hits from other counselors.  

I agree.  If they are going to keep the current level of availability for PKs then they need to rethink the mechanics.  That is a great idea actually.  Depending on how many bars you have to hit in the wheel would be dependant on the luck attribute.  Fail 1 and you escape but you take damage.  It would also make perks like thick skin really useful.  Fail 2 or more and the PK doesnt work leaving Jason open to kill you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corkenstein said:

It's best to just ignore him moving forward.  I already proved he was a try hard in the other thread.  It's obvious he is ignorant and lacks the mental capacity to understand basic or common logic. 

^lol.    

You didn't prove anything..     

Alls you did was  blabber on about ignorance and mental capacity.     Which begs the question..Who made you the Dr Phil of the forum?... :D

32 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

^lol.    

You didn't prove anything..     

Alls you did was  blabber on about ignorance and mental capacity.     Which begs the question..Who made you the Dr Phil of the forum?... :D

Can you please stay on topic.  The adults are trying to have an actual conversation.  Thanks :)

49 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

I agree.  If they are going to keep the current level of availability for PKs then they need to rethink the mechanics.  That is a great idea actually.  Depending on how many bars you have to hit in the wheel would be dependant on the luck attribute.  Fail 1 and you escape but you take damage.  It would also make perks like thick skin really useful.  Fail 2 or more and the PK doesnt work leaving Jason open to kill you.

When Gun implements this, I'll split my cut with you /s

• Like 1

Offline Bots have helped me become a slash-master, much to the chagrin of the Online Humans that proceed to call me a "shit-Jason" for doing it. Last night, after thwarting all means of escape, landing all but 2 shift grabs and clearing out the entire, teamed up and aggressive, lobby with lil ol' :JasonPt7: J7, they proceeded to call me "shit" and a terrible Jason. WTF? It's not that often to be able to pull that off with him. Where's my cookie goddammit!

I'm not insulted but it's not fun. I don't take pride in besting loud mouths either. And, now that we get the proper points and numbers on scoreboard (which is awesome, btw) it still doesn't remove the disappointment of seeing the bodies go limp and ruining the kill animations when these people quit. 

I don't know. People.....people who need people. Are they really the luckiest people?

3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Offline Bots have helped me become a slash-master, much to the chagrin of the Online Humans that proceed to call me a "shit-Jason" for doing it. Last night, after thwarting all means of escape, landing all but 2 shift grabs and clearing out the entire, teamed up and aggressive, lobby with lil ol' :JasonPt7: J7, they proceeded to call me "shit" and a terrible Jason. WTF? It's not that often to be able to pull that off with him. Where's my cookie goddammit!

I'm not insulted but it's not fun. I don't take pride in besting loud mouths either. And, now that we get the proper points and numbers on scoreboard (which is awesome, btw) it still doesn't remove the disappointment of seeing the bodies go limp and ruining the kill animations when these people quit. 

I don't know. People.....people who need people. Are they really the luckiest people?

I laugh when people claim you are a shit Jason for slashing. In reality, who is the shittier player? The one that adapts to change by switching tactics in order to win, or the one that sticks to unwritten rules and dies?

36 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

In reality, who is the shittier player? The one that adapts to change by switching tactics in order to win, or the one that sticks to unwritten rules and dies?

It's the essence of life

I played part 8 against quick play players yesterday. I'm getting better with Shift+Grab. I grabbed them all out of knives and epic killed them all. 8 for 8 with part 8. 

Been reading this thread from beginning to end, and a few people states that slashing against experienced counselors will provoke a stun for Jason. That may be so, but it still damaged them, resulting in a need to use a med spray, which takes a short while to activate before being able to move again. 

• Like 1

I've got no problem with slash-happy Jasons. Or spawn killers, that's the real verboten style for a lot of players.

I much prefer to get the grapple kills myself, because they look cooler and give me more xp. But if I've gotta swing, I've gotta swing, and if Jason is doing it against me then I just hope I spot it and get away.

People hanging around the exits because they've got a knife in stock are just really asking for trouble and don't have much of a leg to stand on if they get slashed up instead. Often, literally.

Between Jason being nerfed and the ridiculous amount of pocket knives, shotguns, and med sprays on maps, people are no longer afraid of Jason, and troll him super hard as a result. 

It’s gotten to the point where I actually feel bad for new players playing as Jason, because they end up being trolled by counselors the entire match. That’s the exact opposite of what a Friday the 13th game should be.

• Thanks 1

I was replying to another slashing thread that got locked so I'm posting this here without having read any of the posts. Apologies if any of this was already mentioned.

Slashing works fine against bad players running weak perks, but I don't find it as effective against good players. The reason for it is this, if you start slashing a good player they will run away after a couple of hits and spray to recover. Good players are probably running epic medic and thick skinned perks while carrying either 2 sprays and 1 knife, or 1 spray and 2 knives. It can sometimes take 5+ hits to kill someone running an epic thick skinned perk depending on the Jason being used.

Let's look at each scenario using Vanessa as an example:

2 Medical Sprays (4 uses) and 1 Pocket Knife
You shift into range of Vanessa and slash her once. She runs out of range and heals while your shift is recovering. Rinse, wash and repeat 3 more times until she is out of medical spray uses. You would still have to catch and hit her 2 or 3 more times to get the kill. That would leave the total at 6 or 7 successful catches to secure the kill. It would only require 2 grabs to secure the kill in this situation.

1 Medical Spray (2 uses) and 2 Pocket Knives
You shift into range of Vanessa and slash her once. She runs out of range and heals while your shift is recovering. Repeat this once more and she will be out of medical spray uses. You would still have to catch and hit her 2 or 3 more times to get the kill. That would leave the total at 4 or 5 successful catches to secure the kill. It would only require 3 grabs to secure the kill in this situation.

When you factor in missed or juked shifts and the number of times you get stunned it can be a huge waste of time to slash.

Slashing is great if you have a bunch of newbs bunched around the car or someone who tries to fight you in close quarters. Against good players it's really not effective for finishing, though it will get them to scatter if they are smart. If you watch Stoiker Kalei's Jason videos, he never slashes and always goes for grabs. In terms of getting kills against good players, grabs are the most efficient way to go. Even with the current surplus of knives.

I really need to start recording more of my gameplay.

Playing Jason part 8 recently I believe on Higgins Haven I killed someone fairly early, cops were called and the person I just mentioned comes back as Tommy. I grab him right around one of the cabins north of the main house, got knifed and hear 'suck my cock Jason.'

My response - 'didn't I kill you first?'

Him - 'yeah and I'm gonna be the last one to escape!'

Managed to tag him with a throwing knife and FOR ONCE nailed a pretty nice shift - slash. He's limping...tries to get far enough away to heal, slash...dead (probably 30 feet from the cops). 8/8 mother was pleased.

Decided to ask him what happened to his master plan of being the last and only one to escape. No response and rage quit about 30 seconds later.