AldermachXI

"Only Dicks Slash!" - Having Fun Again

30 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

@Ghostboy20   this one comment just struck too close to home for me. The speech issues, as I said, I have them, I was born deaf, Had my hearing fixed through surgeory, but it messed up my speech by not hearing for so long.  And over time, I have started losing my hearing again and my speech issues have gotten worse.  You saying turn the other cheek, I have done that, a lot but have you ever heard of "the straw that broke the camels back", or if not how about a balloon, Every comment is a drop of water that goes into said balloon, that balloon can only hold so much until it pops, just think about that. Sure you may have the patience, but not everyone does, I know I don't, but I do hear what you are saying...so to speak.

I can understand that, I know the saying all to well, if you put so much pressure on someone they will snap and be like Jason one day. The thing is tho you can even if the comment hurts you you can find people like yourself, you can get these comments off your mind with friends and family to help support you when someone is being rude like this. Life is a harsh place, people will always seek to harm you in some way. At times you might let these comments sink into your mind and you feel like the world is out to get you, it's not, I have two friends who both have speech problems and I'll defend them when someone is picking on them, the world needs more kindness in it but sadly it's lacking it. With what you said it does touch my heart and I do wish there was someway I could help you out, the only thing I can say is ignore these people don't let them get you down, surround yourself with people who care for you and who will cheer you up and make you smile. I wish you the best in life. 

6 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Didn't know this community could be so damn funny xd. I wish PS4 players use more mic, the experience is double better when you hear people screaming xd.

I'm on PS4 and I'm always using a mic lol 

• Like 1

Please don't derail the thread with an argument about morals.

Speech problems or not, he was acting like a cocky asshole and got what he deserved.

End of story.

• Like 5

@AldermachXI

That was a thing of fucking beauty. I burst out laughing when you got that Tiffany douche.

Until they fix Jason, everyone needs to slash. You had them scared. I loved the whining when they were dying. They played like douches, died like douches. Your shift+slash is awesome.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pioneer67fkd said:

That last guy was really butturt over you doing what you're supposed to

I know. And after talking all that shit. I'm glad I was able to shut him up - literally.

• Like 3

What if you couldn't use a pocket knife while in a limping state, and healing didn't take 1.5 seconds with the heal finishing before the animation does?

I slash them all the time now. Get some abuse on the mic but a kill is a kill in my book and there can be NO survivors 😛

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Not me! I give all my love to everyone, except the guys, I'll leave them behind and get the hot girls in my car. 

And then after falling to the ground getting tea bagged to no end by players, I mean I've done it to Jason's who thing they are the greatest players and this was before the patch that ruined Jason. 

A casanova Jason's gonna stop your car, take you out, and spare the hot girls. :)

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

With what you said it does touch my heart and I do wish there was someway I could help you out, the only thing I can say is ignore these people don't let them get you down, surround yourself with people who care for you and who will cheer you up and make you smile. I wish you the best in life.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

10 minutes ago, TinTin_57 said:

I slash them all the time now. Get some abuse on the mic but a kill is a kill in my book and there can be NO survivors 😛

Spoken like a true Jason.

• Like 1

In this game slashing is so important. If you just grab people all the time, you get hit by 5 to 7 pocket knives per match. I hate sometimes just having to slash 90% of the time, but grabbing is so often the stupid move.  

If you want to grab and get a cool kill. follow these steps

• Step 1 - Slash until Weaken or just 
  • Step 2 -  Grab  (assume no one near you can stun you,  you have enough space to do the kill you want)
  • Step 3 - get pocket Knifed
  • Step 4 - they med kit up (unless they were just grabbed, and they  run
  • Step 5 - Slash until Weaken or just
  • Step 6 - Grab (assume no one near you can stun you,  you have enough space to do the kill you want)
  • step 6 -  Either pocket Knight and go back to 4 (specifically if they have double  med kit perk) or
  • step 7 - Kill them (assuming no one stuns you/they don't break out of grip)    Other players get 5 to 15 seconds to escape during your kill animation

or

• Slash until dead (no loss of time on animation)  there is a reason the head punch/choke are picked off for time saving emotes that can be done with very little "kill space" needed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

In this game slashing is so important. If you just grab people all the time, you get hit by 5 to 7 pocket knives per match. I hate sometimes just having to slash 90% of the time, but grabbing is so often the stupid move.  

If you want to grab and get a cool kill. follow these steps

• Step 1 - Slash until Weaken or just 
  • Step 2 -  Grab  (assume no one near you can stun you,  you have enough space to do the kill you want)
  • Step 3 - get pocket Knifed
  • Step 4 - they med kit up (unless they were just grabbed, and they  run
  • Step 5 - Slash until Weaken or just
  • Step 6 - Grab (assume no one near you can stun you,  you have enough space to do the kill you want)
  • step 6 -  Either pocket Knight and go back to 4 (specifically if they have double  med kit perk) or
  • step 7 - Kill them (assuming no one stuns you/they don't break out of grip)    Other players get 5 to 15 seconds to escape during your kill animation

or

• Slash until dead (no loss of time on animation)  there is a reason the head punch/choke are picked off for time saving emotes that can be done with very little "kill space" needed

Pretty sure I played with you on PC recently. Username seems familiar and I thought the same thing when I saw it in-game.

20 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

A casanova Jason's gonna stop your car, take you out, and spare the hot girls. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well before the car was messed up I could drive around Jason and annoy him lol Now yeah I can see it happening but eh I'll just enjoy the game.

And as for the other comment yeah, if you have issues with comments like that, just ignore them and move on, they want you to flip out, as the saying goes, don't feed the trolls.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Please don't derail the thread with an argument about morals.

Speech problems or not, he was acting like a cocky asshole and got what he deserved.

End of story.

He did indeed. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well before the car was messed up I could drive around Jason and annoy him lol Now yeah I can see it happening but eh I'll just enjoy the game.

And as for the other comment yeah, if you have issues with comments like that, just ignore them and move on, they want you to flip out, as the saying goes, don't feed the trolls.

He did indeed. 

I agree wholeheartedly. There's a lot of hate out there, and I'm not sure why. If people would love more, and hate less, the world would be a lot better off. Of course, we'd be incredibly overpopulated, but what can you do. :D

• Like 1

I still don't think the car is messed up. I think i just need to waste a few games making videos of all these amazing drivers just destroying the maps.  Too many offroad options.

Maybe the car is acting odd, but it is still amazing

On 12/24/2017 at 5:10 PM, AldermachXI said:

Pretty sure I played with you on PC recently. Username seems familiar and I thought the same thing when I saw it in-game.

Probably. I've been playing a LOT this past week.  I enjoy the game, even with some of the issues, and I think the Dev think because we keep playing everything is fine. We just love the concept and some elements of this game soo much, w forgive some stuff for a while.  altough we all reach a breaking point, where we need to walk away for a while.

27 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Probably. I've been playing a LOT this past week.  I enjoy the game, even with some of the issues, and I think the Dev think because we keep playing everything is fine. We just love the concept and some elements of this game soo much, w forgive some stuff for a while.  altough we all reach a breaking point, where we need to walk away for a while.

Agreed.

I'll tolerate 10 rounds of bullshit to get to that 1 round that is awesome and intense.

You see glimmers of good gameplay in Quickplay sometimes lol.

I love people who bitch about slashing, in a game based on a slasher franchise. All because they can't use their precious pocket knives.  

4 minutes ago, UntilDawna said:

I love people who bitch about slashing, in a game based on a slasher franchise. All because they can't use their precious pocket knives.  

Agreed.

They just want the game to be easy for counselors.

I can't remember the last time I saw dancing counselors waiting for me at the cops...I do whatever I have to do to keep them scared. If slashing is the only thing that makes Jason powerful...I'm gonna slash all damn day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

May have to do this against our usual group. 

RIP grabbing.

It seems to work in combo with grabbing too. We have a gal we play with who often winds up with two pocket knives and two uses of health spray who is a endgame beast. She often runs the clock down. I think this may be a viable tactic to ensure she lacks healthspray for all her broken window gymnastics. 

Enjoy your Christmas, 'Breaker. 

8 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I've been having a lot of fun with the game again over the last few days. I've given up on trying to Grab as Jason. It's just not worth fighting the game mechanics anymore. Until the devs fix the grab, I'm just gonna resort to slashing everyone to (near) death. I'm doing this even more since the new patch, which added a gun store to every camp site in the game.

Thing is, slashing is also creating more fear and tension in the match than before. People really freak out when you use Stalk + Shift slash. It just hits them out of nowhere and creates jump scares.

Anyways...I had this round last night that is a PERFECT example of why I slash as opposed to grab. I hope you enjoy watching...This round has it all: Broken grabs, pocket knives in abundance, how to deal with it, and a pretty great ending :D Hope you guys enjoy!

Hope you enjoy these clips and everyone is enjoying the holidays!

I really need to retrain my tactics to slash to soften them up and then grab kill them. I'm too used to going straight to grab. I could also slash a few more to death I suppose. More than 2,000 kills as Jason and I still don't have the slash badge. 

With that, I did enjoy the video. I had a Jason shift slash me a day or so back and I had no clue what was going on. Thankfully I was able to run and medic myself back to good. Looks like a tactic I'll be trying to utilize. 

Also for them to call you a straight slasher, you used some grab kills. You just softened them up first. Maybe they didn't look at the tally screen at the end? Oh well

Have a good Christmas, Alder.

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Agreed.

They just want the game to be easy for counselors.

I can't remember the last time I saw dancing counselors waiting for me at the cops...I do whatever I have to do to keep them scared. If slashing is the only thing that makes Jason powerful...I'm gonna slash all damn day.

Twas a great ending. They get so bent out of shape over it lol. 

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

It seems to work in combo with grabbing too. We have a gal we play with who often winds up with two pocket knives and two uses of health spray who is a endgame beast. She often runs the clock down. I think this may be a viable tactic to ensure she lacks healthspray for all her broken window gymnastics. 

Enjoy your Christmas, 'Breaker. 

I really need to retrain my tactics to slash to soften them up and then grab kill them. I'm too used to going straight to grab. I could also slash a few more to death I suppose. More than 2,000 kills as Jason and I still don't have the slash badge. 

With that, I did enjoy the video. I had a Jason shift slash me a day or so back and I had no clue what was going on. Thankfully I was able to run and medic myself back to good. Looks like a tactic I'll be trying to utilize. 

Also for them to call you a straight slasher, you used some grab kills. You just softened them up first. Maybe they didn't look at the tally screen at the end? Oh well

Have a good Christmas, Alder.

Haha...you talking about Resident? She's a late game BEAST. Haven't played with her in forever though.

And yeah...I tend to slash until a pocket knife would be inconsequential. Like if they're limping and no one is around...They won't get far, even if they have a knife. Most people tend to use their spray as soon as they limp too. So there isn't much fear that they'll use the pocket knife and then heal.

Definitely give it a shot...Stalk + Shift slash scares the shit out of people, as you can see from the video.

(and a very Merry Christmas to you too, GraveBean)

• Like 1

Im in the same camp. Im not above slashing someone down to a limp before grabbing or if theyre being cocky. Ive had to teach a few Jasons that ONLY slash a lesson though. Taking advantage of the hit detection on certain Jasons unable to hit crouching counselors and so on. Not to mention a slasher is usually caught off guard by blocking.

But yea until the items get fixed Im all for making people rage like this.

17 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Im in the same camp. Im not above slashing someone down to a limp before grabbing or if theyre being cocky. Ive had to teach a few Jasons that ONLY slash a lesson though. Taking advantage of the hit detection on certain Jasons unable to hit crouching counselors and so on. Not to mention a slasher is usually caught off guard by blocking.

But yea until the items get fixed Im all for making people rage like this.

Yeah, you basically need Jasons Parts 2, 3, or 4 for this to work. They have the proper swing and "Can Run" which is important for follow up hits.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Haha...you talking about Resident? She's a late game BEAST. Haven't played with her in forever though.

And yeah...I tend to slash until a pocket knife would be inconsequential. Like if they're limping and no one is around...They won't get far, even if they have a knife. Most people tend to use their spray as soon as they limp too. So there isn't much fear that they'll use the pocket knife and then heal.

Definitely give it a shot...Stalk + Shift slash scares the shit out of people, as you can see from the video.

(and a very Merry Christmas to you too, GraveBean)

Riot. We actually call pocketknives Riotsticks now because she always seems to find two at any given point. She'll seek them out after others escape to replenish her stock. 

She runs Medic so she has two uses of knives and spray. But slashing her down might dampen her parade. 

Agreed. I had a new blood just pop in on me midswing and it was startling. 

Thanks much. 

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You do the same!

Wilco.