AldermachXI

"Only Dicks Slash!" - Having Fun Again

If you're stupid enough to go toe-to-toe with a death cursed monster, you don't get to cry about how he kills you.

Just had a team of Jason Hunters go for the prize again. They went for the sweater before they even knocked my mask off. Both were Level 150s, you'd think they would know better... I entered the shack and they started swinging at me, but inside a small area, at such close range, with fear pulsating through them, their aim wasn't quite on point.

I immediately slashed at Tommy until he went limp, then got smacked by the Vanessa wearing the sweater. Tommy used a med spray to heal himself. I started slashing at him again, but Vanessa threw down some firecrackers, still inside the shack. I stumbled backwards. Tommy used another med spray to heal himself. When I came to, I grabbed Vanessa, but she had a pocketknife, so I just started swinging at her with piercing strikes. I killed her with one final slash in the corner, making Tommy watch. Then I turned towards him. 

He cried about me cutting his sweater girl down, calling me a pussy, as he broke his axe over my forearm. I slowed him down with a few more quick slices. I grabbed him but of course he had a pocket knife. However, with no med sprays left to save him, he wasn't going anywhere. I grabbed him by the throat and put a machete through his abdomen.

During the end of the round screen, I said, "You two thought you had another rookie in there, didn't ya?" Tommy said, "Man, I can't handle that slashin' shit...."

Obviously.

Even my 4 year old employs slashing when playing against Offline Bots. "It's bettuh to swice dem". Yes it is, son. Yes it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Slashing is boring, but nothing to get worked up about. 

Boring, but quite effective. And often satisfying. Almost as satisfying as killing someone with a throwing knife.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Boring, but quite effective. And often satisfying. Almost as satisfying as killing someone with a throwing knife.

Never found it satisfying personally. I much prefer the variety of the grab kills. But to each his own.

4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Never found it satisfying personally. I much prefer the variety of the grab kills. But to each his own.

Well, yes, grab kills are more satisfying, but there's just something about slicing those little bastards who think they can taunt you into a grab...

I'll never forget the time I morphed to a Jarvis House map fuse box after an alert and slashed to death the idiot that didn't run when he had the chance.

I was told that that they hope "I die in real life", that was I was working with another counselor, that I was hacking, that I should die of cancer. Was hilarious. There's some right little bitches in the player base. Many of whom are more often than not, American. 😂 No offense my American buddies - but there's a reason the term "butthurt" was coined in the USA. Emotionally disturbed when genuinely beaten. 😂  "Toys out of the pram". Lol. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

There's some right little bitches fifteen year olds in the player base.

Ftfy.

The problem is, over here across the pond, folks still act like being called (indirectly) gay is some sort of "slam", when in reality (a) most people don't care (unless you ask them to bake a cake), and (b) maybe 1% of everyone over the age of 15 cares what anonymous strangers think of them over PSN/XBL.

I suppose I could start calling teamers and team killers "bell end" but the reference would go over their collective heads in most instances.

• Haha 2

Slashing is boring... grab kills are fun... and the more environment kills the better. But, so long as people want to play piñata Jason... they will get slashed. So long as we cannot use our beloved meat shields... they will get slashed.  So long as players use four med sprays and two pocket knives while staying within sight of Jason and not picking anything up... they will get slashed. So long as players travel in groups of two or more, with weapons... they will get slashed. So long as it is easier to get an environment kill on a limping counselor... they will get slashed. So long as it remains incredibly easy to stun Jason with almost every hit... they will get slashed. So long as players whine and cry about getting slashed, or tell the slasher he should not slash... they will inevitably, get slashed. 
    The occasional throwing knife may also find its way into their spinal columns as well.
     I love the grab kills, particularly those wonderful environment kills... but in many situations, it is not even worth grabbing someone... and in some situations it is incredibly detrimental to the Jason player to grab anyone.... So in the end.... Slashy McSlasher wins the day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

So in the end.... Slashy McSlasher wins the day.

You mean "The Scintillating Sanguine Slashmaster Supreme".  And my preferred pronoun is, "Lord Captain Commander Creed".

5 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

You mean "The Scintillating Sanguine Slashmaster Supreme".  And my preferred pronoun is, "Lord Captain Commander Creed".

Slashy McSlasher, The Scintillating Sanguine Slashmaster Supreme…. that does sound better...

Lord Captain Commander Creed, The Scintillating Sanguine Slashmaster Supreme.... that sounds better too....

I feel slashed in two over which I like better now. I need to pull myself back together.... some stitching may be required.

• Thanks 1

With the lack of sprays and that god awful grab, it's no wonder Jason slashes. At least you should get a few licks in before dying if you're trying to fight him at the very least. 

1 hour ago, The Tommy said:

With the lack of sprays and that god awful grab, it's no wonder Jason slashes. At least you should get a few licks in before dying if you're trying to fight him at the very least. 

Shouldn't it have been.....At least you can get a few mighty blows in with The Sacred Branch before dying...?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brevator said:

Boring, but quite effective. And often satisfying. 

If im host and i get slashed to death for no real reason.. I'll quit the game.   Its my way of saying . ."CUT"..   

Before they nerfed the amount of pocket knives the first time, I got knifed 6 times. Stopped the blue car north of Blair's Cove, trapped it, then proceed to kill 8/8 hacking 3 to death as 6 if them ran to the car. After i crushed them, I was called a n00b. Similar incident a few nights ago as I knew Tommy and one other guy had knives so i hacked them down, grabbed them, got knifed and grab killed again. Good times

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Shouldn't it have been.....At least you can get a few mighty blows in with The Sacred Branch before dying...?

It's true. Up against a slashing Jason, the Sacred Branch will be heard. That being said, part IV Jason is the Sacred Branch's nemesis.

Still kicking myself after accidentally deleting a clip this last weekend where I demasked said part IV while in a limping state with the Sacred Branch. I blame being tired at the the time. 

• Like 1

Tfw when you read people are still slashing and not even understanding why you shouldn’t slash. It’s nothing to do with the enjoyment of the other players, but it is everything to do with being very easily punished for every single slash. If you are getting away with slashing, you are playing against shit lobbies.

• Like 1

I had a match with an AWESOME Jason , he was incredibly but he slashed like , 2 People or so? And then again but not to death to avoid a pocket knife and that one dude said : That Jason is no fun to Play with…….Oh my god…...

Sometimes , even if rare , I feel like slashing (because I feel that they are dangerous.) 

But still , if you got slashed to death…….you had enough time to punish him…...which is also just wrong. Atleast in Combat stance he should be able to block after a Slash.

But damn , it feels good to Slash someone to death with a Machete sometimes! And then their arm flies directly into your camera……...Ahhhhh.

It's called a slasher movie, stop complaining about slashing.

When did the developers say slashing breaks the rules & is a bannable offense? If not, stfu and don't tell me how to play in game, crying about slashing makes you come off as a call of duty tryhard. 

59 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

But damn , it feels good to Slash someone to death with a Machete sometimes! And then their arm flies directly into your camera……...Ahhhhh.

So true! To hear and feel the sound of Jason's blade cutting the flesh of a troll is satisfaction supreme! 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

It's called a slasher movie, stop complaining about slashing.

When did the developers say slashing breaks the rules & is a bannable offense? If not, stfu and don't tell me how to play in game, crying about slashing makes you come off as a call of duty tryhard. 

So true! To hear and feel the sound of Jason's blade cutting the flesh of a troll is satisfaction supreme! 

Exactly!

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

A true troll would never let themselves get slashed. You would have all weapons in the match broken on you before that would happen. The ones who truly complain about slashing are the Jasons who are wildly swinging like apes and getting stunned left and right for doing it. Why is that? Easy, uncancellable recovery frames. Had you simply grabbed instead, you could’ve at least deleted a pocket knife from the match.

I usually use the slash to setup the knife throw.

Its either.

1. Shift/Slash/Knife/Slash

2. Shift/Slash/Knife/Grab

I think people still expect shift grab on the regular and I see it a lot of the time, so I don't waste time with it, especially with the new grab. Though I have had some players adapt and realize Shift/Slashing is a thing and they will instead try to melee where they think the shift will come from.

Like I said recently in the ideas to spice up the game without content. I've never felt it made sense that Jason can be stunned by everything under the sun, but counselors can tank his slashes and keep swinging. A simple cooldown when hit forcing counselors to you know...try to get away instead of trying to fight would make sense. You get slashed by the killer, your first reaction would be to get the fuck away from him, not continue to left click. A simple cooldown of 1 second would do wonders and how many times does Jason have to deal with crowd control? Whether its for objectives, trolls or people trying to kill him. He's usually surrounded, so a cooldown of one second isn't going to be the end of the world, but if you try to solo him or double him, its going to be much more difficult since he could in theory kill you for not backing off with the cooldown.

These days, people/trolls shit talk all the time if Jason wipes them when they troll or try to kill him and if they don't, they just ragequit if he starts killing their posse early game because they know it ain't happening with that Jason.

Its almost like you have two metas.

1. The rare one from beta/launch days, where counselors try to escape or complete objectives and try to stay away from Jason.

2. The bully/troll/kill Jason meta, where taking advantage of Jason's weak mechanics is the only way to play and if he succeeds, rage quit or talk shit.

Pappus and others like him were in fact right when he said the meta would quickly shift to trying to bully Jason, but I guess the devs held onto that 1 in 75 stat about how many times he would actually die in their so called playtests. I've seen lesser Jasons or noobs killed so many times by only a couple of people now that the number has to be way higher than that. The game became a game that catered to Dead By Daylight types. Cater to the side with the numbers, because its important that they have the good time so they might stay.

@tyrant666 The best tactic you can use out of Shift is knife > grab. Since if they are trying to shift bat you, their swing will get cancelled by the knife at which point you have a good opportunity to execute the grab. It takes a little practice but it's worth it, and even if they're not trying to shift bat, you just dealt 30 damage even if they have a PK. Otherwise, go into CS > block out of Shift, then punish on block (although this is difficult if you aren't host because of the CS delay bug). Since PC has dedicated servers, you guys are all kind of screwed for blocking unfortunately, so TK to interrupt a swing is basically a necessity.

14 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@tyrant666 The best tactic you can use out of Shift is knife > grab. Since if they are trying to shift bat you, their swing will get cancelled by the knife at which point you have a good opportunity to execute the grab. It takes a little practice but it's worth it, and even if they're not trying to shift bat, you just dealt 30 damage even if they have a PK. Otherwise, go into CS > block out of Shift, then punish on block (although this is difficult if you aren't host because of the CS delay bug). Since PC has dedicated servers, you guys are all kind of screwed for blocking unfortunately, so TK to interrupt a swing is basically a necessity.

….You can shift out of Combat stance….Really? I don't think so (Sorry if I read that wrong).

7 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

….You can shift out of Combat stance….Really? I don't think so (Sorry if I read that wrong).

Shifting into combat stance is what I was describing.