Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TiffanyIsBae

How do you play stealthy counselors

Recommended Posts

How do you play and build them? I play Tiffany, but let's face it, she really isn't that stealthy and doesn't work with sense avoidance perks. Is it worth playing a stealthy counselor, since pretty much everyone agrees stealth is lackluster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I could swear there were 2 or 3 threads already started on this subject in the past 3 weeks.

No. Haven't seen any, at least not for stealthy counselors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i play AJ only 3 QTE to repair stuff. and she is semi fast and ok stamina. my load out is my dads a cop/grease monkey/preparedness.  i just stay away from people and stay around the outsides always leaving my flashlight on to help with fear. i run until i hear the first ki ki ki ma ma ma then i know they have sense and i begin to jog. 100% scavenge and lock up/trap every house and repair stuff as i go. on average i go 15 min until i get spotted since most counselors are dead or escaped by the 15 min mark.

 another build i use is marathon,lightfoot,lone wolf. run for days

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to play stealthily but I realized that just running around and repairing is the best thing you can do for the team. Trying to hide about and not make noise is betting that Jason won’t find you.

What some people fail to realize is that Jason has the probability to find you whether you try to be stealthy or not. He’ll morph and your stealthy character will scream, or you’ll spawn by the car and he goes there, or you spawn near the phone house. Or you are simply by the cabin he morphs to. Betting everything on stealth is doing yourself a disservice. Speed is what’s important. I’ve had more luck and done better by keeping it moving and running from here to there being quickly.

I still see people crouch-walking and trying to not make noise pings thinking Jason players actually use noise pings if more than one person is alive.  By the time these players get anything done Jason is raging

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MrDaggert said:

i play AJ only 3 QTE to repair stuff. and she is semi fast and ok stamina. my load out is my dads a cop/grease monkey/preparedness.  i just stay away from people and stay around the outsides always leaving my flashlight on to help with fear. i run until i hear the first ki ki ki ma ma ma then i know they have sense and i begin to jog. 100% scavenge and lock up/trap every house and repair stuff as i go. on average i go 15 min until i get spotted since most counselors are dead or escaped by the 15 min mark.

 another build i use is marathon,lightfoot,lone wolf. run for days

Do you usually always go my dads a cop? I find it to situational, and majority of the time I spawn faraway from an objective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

No. Haven't seen any, at least not for stealthy counselors.

Put "stealth" in the search and go to page 6 of the results for even more threads.

It's not a popular thing to do, but it works, especially if you look past the first few pages of results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Do you usually always go my dads a cop? I find it to situational, and majority of the time I spawn faraway from an objective.

i do but the more i think about it i only use it when i am with a friend so we have 2 chances to find the fuse and i always call so we cut it to 3:30 instead of 5 min. but if i play alone no to many people grab the fuse and just hold it all game it ends up being a waste alot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy answer. Don't play them. :lol:

In all seriousness though, if you must go Stealth, this is the way to do it -

1. For Tiffany - just ferry parts to objectives, this is pretty much her only role. She can potentially accomplish this quickly and quietly, so long as she doesn't try to repair by herself / doesn't stick around at an objective. She can kite Jason for a while, but if you are looking to be a Jason distraction, there are better choices (Vanessa / Chad). Even if your pings don't reveal you, Sense will, so it's not putting Stealth to any use if you intend on just hanging around. 

TL;DR don't be a useless Tiffany who does nothing but hoard items and then just sneak off to the police exit, or die trying to be a Vanessa / Chad.

2. For every other Stealth counselor, who are Repair-oriented and slow - you want to do the opposite to playing Tiffany. Don't go wandering the whole map trying to loot already looted cabins, just stay put or coordinate with your team to go where they need you (ideally in advance since it'll take a while to get there ). Find parts in your sector if you can, then go to the nearest objective and either repair or wait for others to bring parts (in a hiding spot where Sense won't find you). Jason most likely will show up, but now you offer an advantage to the team since you're the only one with enough speed to repair in his face, as long as others are protecting you.

TL;DR don't be a useless Repair counselor who is never at objectives when needed, and forces everyone else to do their job for them. All the areas have already been looted, stop looking.

EDIT: Shelly is the exception. I don't know wtf to do with him. Good Stealth but weak mobility and average repair. Decent Strength but irrelevant since there's better choices for demasking. Useless counselor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only differences I make is in loadout. Stamina is the most important thing in the game. Any character that dosen't have high Stamina gets the Marathon and Restful perks. If a character has high Stamina (Vanessa, Tiffany and Brandon) they only get Restful and I use the extra perk spot for something else.  

           When it comes to the Stealth skill I noticed that when up close as Jason I have lost track of Stealth characters in large cabins if they are alone and know how to play. As a Counselor I have used Stealth to confuse Jason in large cabins by moving slowly around him in the opposite direction he is coming. I love doing this stuff on the Jarvis House map because the four main cabins in the center of the map provide plenty of room to do this.

Once I was using Tiff and playing against Jason using this slow walking technique. He busted down the door of the cabin with the picnic tables and the two doors in the center. I waited out of sight behind the wall and began slowly walking towards the opposite door as he advanced towards the center of the room. As he walked through the door I walked through the door on the opposite side and stopped. Jason killed the closet thinking I was hiding. He turned around and walked back through the door and I slowly walked back through the opposite door into the room he was just in. Jason actually walked out of the cabin and activated Sense to see if I was still there. He walked back into the cabin and walked through the door I was just using as I walked through the other. I took off running at this point. Jason gave chase but I lost him in the Jarvis estate when I ran into the basement and stopped. Jason came through the house and when he went out the door I doubled back slowly at a jog to the cabin with the picnic tables. Jason did Sense me out but this time he was reluctant to come inside because I kept giving him the slip. He tried throwing knives and stalk but I kept juking him because were as he could Sense which cabin I was in he couldn't track me by sound. So once he was inside a large house or cabin I just moved slowly and stayed out of sight.

I'm not saying Stealth is the end all stat. In fact it's usefulness is situational.  But it isn't completely useless either.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My stealth character is AJ and I’m almost always the last found. 

I run Preparedness (start with a map\fear reduction) along with Medic because it’s too good not to take.  I’ve been experimenting with things like Lone Wolf and night Owl but not sure she needs it.  I just got an epic Lightfoot so I may give her this so I can sprint completely silently.  

I use Preparedness because I’m a fixer and I need to know immediately where I am, where objectives are, and how many counselors are by objectives and likely to find parts. I’ve gone over 7 minutes before without getting a map which really hampers a fixer. 

To make the most out of stealth you need to be outside of Jason’s sense range.  So that means installing parts and the leaving the radius of the objectives to find more supplies or parts.  If for some reason someone is bringing a part and Jason doesn’t have rage, you can hide in a hiding spot to avoid being sensed if Jason happens to patrol where you are waiting.  You should never be idle out in the open or crouching in a cabin as that won’t keep you from being sensed without a perk. Many people still seem to think crouching makes you harder to sense. -.-

Jason will eventually find you while putting in parts.  If other counselors are nearby let them distract Jason while you slink away and get out of sense radius (or a hiding spot pre-rage) to lose him.

Situational awareness of where Jason is / who he is chasing is helpful.  If you know he patrolled the phone and is busy, you can fix a car elsewhere.  

Using this play style I’m usually the last alive with Chad who only has 6 stealth. It gets so boring never being found that I often have to look for Jason and even turn on the radio to get some action.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stealth only works in big cabins

good jasons don't need noise pings

The best you can do to make stealth have value is to get really good at making Jason have a hard time finding you around a big cabin

This is really difficult and less effective than just playing as Vanessa though and facing Jason head on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NScarlato said:

My stealth character is AJ and I’m almost always the last found. 

I run Preparedness (start with a map\fear reduction) along with Medic because it’s too good not to take.  I’ve been experimenting with things like Lone Wolf and night Owl but not sure she needs it.  I just got an epic Lightfoot so I may give her this so I can sprint completely silently.  

I use Preparedness because I’m a fixer and I need to know immediately where I am, where objectives are, and how many counselors are by objectives and likely to find parts. I’ve gone over 7 minutes before without getting a map which really hampers a fixer. 

To make the most out of stealth you need to be outside of Jason’s sense range.  So that means installing parts and the leaving the radius of the objectives to find more supplies or parts.  If for some reason someone is bringing a part and Jason doesn’t have rage, you can hide in a hiding spot to avoid being sensed if Jason happens to patrol where you are waiting.  You should never be idle out in the open or crouching in a cabin as that won’t keep you from being sensed without a perk. Many people still seem to think crouching makes you harder to sense. -.-

Jason will eventually find you while putting in parts.  If other counselors are nearby let them distract Jason while you slink away and get out of sense radius (or a hiding spot pre-rage) to lose him.

Situational awareness of where Jason is / who he is chasing is helpful.  If you know he patrolled the phone and is busy, you can fix a car elsewhere.  

Using this play style I’m usually the last alive with Chad who only has 6 stealth. It gets so boring never being found that I often have to look for Jason and even turn on the radio to get some action.  

damn right rock on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Stealth only works in big cabins

good jasons don't need noise pings

The best you can do to make stealth have value is to get really good at making Jason have a hard time finding you around a big cabin

 

^This. I've managed to survive the night with A.J. by juking Jason and hiding in Packanack lodge. As a preparation, I had kept all doors upstairs open, hid in a room (usually behind the door) and when Jason came in, stunned him. Then, while he was stunned I closed the door behind him, went to another room, rinse and repeat. Jason often had to guess where I was, he even destroyed some closets, in vain :D Though this is only recommended if everyone else is dead and there are only few minutes left. 

When playing as Tiffany, I try to stay away from objectives and grab the sweater instead, mostly when playing with a friend. With her high stealth AND stamina, she can vanish from the shack quickly. Lightfoot can help with that, though I'm not sure what percentage is needes in order to be completely silent. People also keep saying that AJ has better stealth than Tiffany, maybe due to slower fear generation (I've read that counselors at high fear also make more noise)? 

As far as repair counselors in general are concerned, I don't care much about stealth anymore because Jason will patrol objectives anyway, see them and target them first. That's why I've switched from AJ to Fox because she can also defend herself well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, final_gal said:

^This. I've managed to survive the night with A.J. by juking Jason and hiding in Packanack lodge. As a preparation, I had kept all doors upstairs open, hid in a room (usually behind the door) and when Jason came in, stunned him. Then, while he was stunned I closed the door behind him, went to another room, rinse and repeat. Jason often had to guess where I was, he even destroyed some closets, in vain :D Though this is only recommended if everyone else is dead and there are only few minutes left. 

When playing as Tiffany, I try to stay away from objectives and grab the sweater instead, mostly when playing with a friend. With her high stealth AND stamina, she can vanish from the shack quickly. Lightfoot can help with that, though I'm not sure what percentage is needes in order to be completely silent. People also keep saying that AJ has better stealth than Tiffany, maybe due to slower fear generation (I've read that counselors at high fear also make more noise)? 

As far as repair counselors in general are concerned, I don't care much about stealth anymore because Jason will patrol objectives anyway, see them and target them first. That's why I've switched from AJ to Fox because she can also defend herself well. 

Tiffany will always make noise, her composure makes her stealth an 8 tbh. That's why lightfoot sucks on her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Tiffany will always make noise, her composure makes her stealth an 8 tbh. That's why lightfoot sucks on her.

I don’t play a lot of Tiffany but does her stumbling and yelling when stumbling make bubbles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NScarlato said:

I don’t play a lot of Tiffany but does her stumbling and yelling when stumbling make bubbles?

Just the stumbling, and yes. Since her composure and luck are shit, her 10 stealth is pretty useless, when she hears Jasons music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Just the stumbling, and yes. Since her composure and luck are shit, her 10 stealth is pretty useless, when she hears Jasons music.

Good to know - helpful to keep in mind as I remember she tends to stumble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

Good to know - helpful to keep in mind as I remember she tends to stumble. 

"Tends to stumble" lol. Trust me when you main Tiffany all you hear is her stumbling every 2 seconds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't bother with fear perks. Those won't help you when Jason is near. Just run sense dodging perks, crouch the second Jason morphs to your area, hope you dodge the first sense, and then make your way to the nearest bed, crouch walking all the way. If you are the only one in the cabin, you'll know if you won the dice roll based on whether he starts breaking the door down. Get under the bed before he can use sense a second time, because he'll probably win the second roll. Also, if you're in a large cabin, or even a small one if you are playing as Jenny, and there's another person there, just get under a bed before Jason can see you. He'll assume the Vanessa in that cabin was the only one there and will chase them out of the building. Don't use closets, Jason can hear you enter one from very far away, while getting under a bed is quiet.

If Jason chases you to a cabin with tons of beds and you are playing as Jenny and have lots of time before he reaches the house because he can't or won't shift, consider crouch walking (to prevent sound pings) to a random bed and hop under it. He either has to sit there for a few minutes to make your character start talking to themselves, or he has to break each bed tediously while he could be spending time chasing others. You may be able to do this as AJ as well, but won't be able to remain in the bed as long before you start freaking out.

If you're playing as Tiffany, all the above applies, but hiding spots won't be as useful except for in a situation where you can get under the bed before Jason knows you are there. With Tiffany you have to accept that you're going to be found, but fortunately she's a low priority target and one of the harder ones to catch so you can often lead Jason far away from the objectives and he'll just abandon the chase.

If not playing as Tiffany, avoid staying in objective areas for too long unless you are in a hiding spot the entire time, telling others to come bring the parts, step in the trap and get chased off, allowing you to emerge and repair.

Once Jason gets rage hiding spots become useless and the only way to be stealthy is to crouch in the middle of nowhere with a flashlight on and facing a wall, with sense dodging perks and hope you don't get screwed. Ideally you want to escape before Jason gets rage.

One final tip, avoid hiding in cabins that have generators next to them. Your character will scream out when the power dies, even in a hiding spot while playing as Jenny.

TL;DR hiding spots are only good when Jason doesn't already know you're there, either because you were already under the bed when he showed up, you dodged the first sense roll with your perks and hopped under the bed before he could do a second, or there are multiple people in the building and Jason has no way to know that until he gets close enough. He'll chase the loud character over the stealth character in a hiding spot in the back of a cabin any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally almost always main AJ due to her 10/10  stealth and good repair & composure, and try to go to the big cabins (like the one in Packanack) but Deborah is also quite good because of her 9/10 stealth and 10/10 repair. I only personally play those two ladies because their repair and stealth combo, which basically allows you to get faster out, although their speed and stamina arent that good. Btw, head for the boat instead of the car when playing as a repair/stealth character, because a lot of Jasons go for the cars and forget about the boat. Also the boat needs only 2 parts (gas, propellor) and the another one of them can be found almost always from the house nearest to the boat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, final_gal said:

^This. I've managed to survive the night with A.J. by juking Jason and hiding in Packanack lodge. As a preparation, I had kept all doors upstairs open, hid in a room (usually behind the door) and when Jason came in, stunned him. Then, while he was stunned I closed the door behind him, went to another room, rinse and repeat. Jason often had to guess where I was, he even destroyed some closets, in vain :D Though this is only recommended if everyone else is dead and there are only few minutes left. 

When playing as Tiffany, I try to stay away from objectives and grab the sweater instead, mostly when playing with a friend. With her high stealth AND stamina, she can vanish from the shack quickly. Lightfoot can help with that, though I'm not sure what percentage is needes in order to be completely silent. People also keep saying that AJ has better stealth than Tiffany, maybe due to slower fear generation (I've read that counselors at high fear also make more noise)? 

As far as repair counselors in general are concerned, I don't care much about stealth anymore because Jason will patrol objectives anyway, see them and target them first. That's why I've switched from AJ to Fox because she can also defend herself well. 

i think lightfoot is only effective on AJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aaron said:

i think lightfoot is only effective on AJ

That's what I've heard as well. I'm not sure what percentage you need to get the truly silent sprinting. I've got 12%, is that enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...